Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Duty and Marital Status
Maximellian Rosa Chinesis III

Character Info
Name: Maximellian Rosa Chinesis III
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Noble/Paladin
Silver: 46
Lost in the moments where he did not know how to speak, Maximellian’s fingertips folded gently into the embrace of Aurelia’s own. She was so soft. While he dared not to say it or speak the obvious, it mattered not how many had thought it before him, only that he got to experience her here. His eyes shined like sapphires.

“Practical or not, we will make our dream happen no matter the cost. As the other half of your being I will help you through your vulnerability as I hope you will help me. You said earlier you were worried about your talents. We are of Sirona, we will turn what they see in us into strengths…” the strong tones of his deep, confident voice softened “- we will never be weak and I would be honoured to journey with you and ask to marry you under the light and guidance of Sirona herself.” Instinct took a firm hold of the paladin as his thumb gently caressed her hand. There was no need for him to be abrupt, he wanted to love her. Three parts nervous, confused and falling in love, Maximellian could feel the warmth of the smile on his cheeks. This moment with this woman he had only just met was slowly beginning to be one of the best he’d had.

Sounds of clattering and plates soon interluded their conversation with the promise of a hot meal. Maximellian broke his gaze toward Aurelia and withdrew his hand to turn to make way for  the waiter with a forced smile. He was not happy they were interrupted. Alas the  waiter arrived and departed, leaving plates of warm food and a bottle of wine placed between them. Elegant, though simplistic, the paladin sighed at the arrival of the food. He wished that had lasted a little longer.  

“You know? I think I’m going to miss you when this is all over.”

Aurelia Alta

Character Info
Name: Aurelia Alta
Alignment: LN
Class: Cleric/Healer
Silver: 0
While Aurelia considered herself more of an optimist than most people, she felt that she had nothing compared to Maximellian. He was optimistic to his core and had far more faith in his and her abilities than she did. While she may have been an optimist by nature, she was not a particularly confident one. She silently wished she could have even half the confidence that Maxi displayed. “You have a great deal more faith in me that I do,” she admitted softly. “I needed someone like you of strong faith by my side. Perhaps we will be able to do whatever we set our minds to.” 

She was enjoying the gentle way he stroked her hand in his and his warm smile when they were interrupted by the noisy waiter bringing their plates of food. The honeyed chicken was placed in front of her as was Maxi’s steak. It was disappointing to be interrupted, but they had to eat at some point. She broke off another piece of bread and set it on her plate. Aurelia remained quiet until the waiter left them. She helped herself to the bottle of wine and filled both of their glasses. 

“I am certain I will miss you as well,” she replied, feeling the pink flush warm her cheeks. While she was certainly a beautiful woman, she had never had any experiences before Maximellian. Not even a kiss had been shared as it had been made known to her at a young age how important her purity was. It was important among noble women in general, but it was particularly important to those who fell beneath the light of Sirona. The Goddess and her followers made no qualms about the sacred nature of the pleasures of the flesh. 

Taking a knife and her fork, she began carving up the chicken into small pieces. Once she was done, she took her fork to the cut up pieces and popped them in her mouth, savoring each one politely. She took another drink of honeyed wine, feeling the fuzziness in her head. Aurelia had unintentionally drank more than she was accustomed. “I say we should meet Sirona together,” she said suddenly after swallowing a bite of chicken. “I think it is only right of us to ask for her blessing and perhaps humbly request she perform the service. I hear the cathedral is beautiful beyond compare, and I would love to have it there.”

Maximellian Rosa Chinesis III

Character Info
Name: Maximellian Rosa Chinesis III
Alignment: CG
Class: Noble/Paladin
Silver: 46
Enough was enough, the wine was great and so was the food but his desire to be close to Aurelia in the haze of his affliction was stronger than any desire he had to remain confined to his chair. Thoughtlessly wiping his fingers and folding the linen towel strewn across his lap, the paladin left his food partially unfinished as he rose to return to Aurelia’s side.

“We’ll go together,” he agreed and leaned forward to gently press a soft, gentle kiss against her lips “I do not need you, but I want you.” The thought of Sirona did naught but touch the back of his mind as his hands reached to caress her face, gazing into the sapphires of her eyes and seeing his own in them. His inhibition had washed itself down with the wine.

”Faith? No,” Maximellian chuckled with a gleam of mirth and offered her his hand “Some things just are. It is better to be in the journey than worry about what you are and aren’t. Like me wanting to walk you home. You could say no, but what would be the fun in that?”