Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > New Beginnings [P]
Valnar

Character Info
Name: Valnar Deett
Alignment: CG
Race: Drow
Class: Aspiring Ranger/Adventurer
Silver: 0
Valnar couldn't believe it, he could see the East Gate! Valnar quickly ran through the dusty traffic of the road, dodging a cart weighted down with hay, and raced along the river right up to the open gate and came to a sudden stop. Valnar breathed deep just staring up at the gate and the great white wall stretching out in either direction, "I've made it! This is going to be the first step in a series of grand adventures!" Valnar thought. The journey here had been neither long or eventful, with what money that his father, Jeffers, had given Valnar he had managed to purchase a few things with caravans heading to the great City. A traveling cloak of heavy cloth to protect him from the elements and a flagon which the merchant claimed would constantly fill with ale, which cost him nothing except maybe his dignity as he couldn't figure out how to get the flagon to fill in the first place and began to think he had been the subject of a jest with the merchants. Besides the merchants that he had haggled with during the journey not a soul had bothered Valnar and had either given him a wide birth or roughly shouldered past him, some had even held up what might have been religious amulets or signs to "ward away" his evil. It didn't bother Valnar nearly as much as when he had been younger, but he still couldn't understand why he was the focus of such hatred he had never done anything to hurt anyone all his life yet remained hated. More often than not, especially since leaving home, Valnar had brooded many nights about simply giving in to this role that everyone seemed to think he fit into and start acting like everyone expected.

Reminded of the hatred his fellow travelers had for him Valnar ceased marveling at the wall surrounding the city, roughly pulled his cloak's cowl low, grasped the cool rectangular stone of his necklace and followed the throng into the city with bowed head. It wasn't fair that he be judged for the actions of people he had never seen or known, why must he bear this weight when people all around him were happy, why couldn't they share their happiness instead of causing pain in others lives? Valnar's dark thoughts had kept him so preoccupied he had forgotten to focus on the directions to the Winking Mermaid he had gotten from the man that had sold him his cloak and, by the time he did notice, he was far lost in the labyrinth of city streets with dusk only a few hours off. "How fitting," Valnar thought with a smirk, "that a shitty day end with a shitty night in the gutter. I still had better find tavern, I'll simply remain indoors all of tomorrow and catch some sleep and then begin my journey in earnest with nightfall tomorrow.". Still angered by the injustice of the world, Valnar was determined to find that tavern on his own before he would ask anyone of these other races for directions. Figuring the Winking Mermaid to be a tavern of sailors, Valnar set off in search of the sea his anger still keeping his mind of his surroundings. "I'll show them all when I become a ranger, they'll all know Valnar's name then."

OOC: Poe

Alignment is subject to change
Valnar can be a little bit of a ditz early on, this also will change as time goes on.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY DURING THE WEEK I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POSTING DAYS. I DO HAVE YOUNG'UNS SO BARE WITH ME :D
Rose

Character Info
Name: Rose Wintercrest
Race: Rosenite
Class: Oracle of the Roses
Silver: 954
She woke up like she had never been alive before. Her water like blue eyes stared up at the ceiling as she gasped for air. Getting up was more like walking on a ship cast far out in a stormy sea. She seen all. She could see all. She could hear all. It was making her sick to her stomach as she found a real window and lost her stomach.

Rose wiped her mouth with a cloth handed to her by the man who had been taking care of her. The moment he had touched her he knew she was ailing greatly. He seen what she seen. It would take her a while but soon she had the power under control once more. This was what happened to those that ate the Silver Apple of Wisdom. "I must go." The girl with long brown curls said as she gave her thanks to the man. "I am needed elsewhere."

This was where her journey began. Stepping out of the house she found herself in a beautiful silver set of robes with blue accents. Around her neck was her blue rose necklace but also along side of it down between her breasts hung her key to when Wisdom had the House of Keys. She had selected her key first try and entered it. That was when Judge had known her talents. 

The woman traveled Adeluna walking around. She was learning its streets for the first time. She was set in the present at the moment but sometimes when she felt lost she walked three planes at once. She wandered about down towards the sea. She could smell the salt water in the air. Her head sent her an ache that she followed. Soon she found herself reaching out to grab a man's hand. His flesh as dark an ex lover of hers. It hurt a bit.

"Excuse me.. Valnar." She said it uneasy. She knew not his story but his name was running across his aura. A bright pure soul on the path of adventure. "Let me help you." However, when she touched him and that emotion ran threw her they were forced to look at all three planes once more. She winced a bit more. "Stand still. I'm sorry." She felt dizzy as she fell towards him. The planes stabilized. "Can you help me? I can navigate us.. but my powers are a bit out of it at the moment."

Valnar

Character Info
The hour had begun to grow late before Valnar finally could smell the refreshing salt smell of the ocean on the air. The lantern lighters had begun to go about their work and the city had taken on an almost different aura than in the daylight but it was one that Valnar quickly preferred. Despite the hour the roads and alleys refused to lessen in traffic but the traffic of the night kept mostly to themselves in contrast to the neighborly traffic of day. Valnar smiled as he thought, "I could get used to this. Certainly could stand to stay in the city a bit longer if I stayed out at night.".

Suddenly, while he had stood still enjoying the night ocean breeze, someone said his name, a hand had grabbed his and he was immediately assaulted by a myriad of images and places he had never seen or known existed before. As soon as his mind was opened to the three planes, Valnar found himself back near the docks in Adeluna again and with a woman falling into him. Valnar, still reeling from what he had just experienced, quickly tried to maneuver catching the woman while staggering himself and ended up having to go to a knee in order to save the woman from striking the cobblestones. "Milady!" Valnar finally gasped, "Are you ok? Of course, I will help in anyway that I can. Shall we go to the tavern and get you to a bed?" Valnar was concerned as it seemed that what had just happened had affected her more than it had him. Valnar still wasn't sure how she had known his name but, now that his mind was clear again and he could focus on the woman, he quickly forgot that she had.

The woman seemed to be about mid-20's if Valnar had to guess, he had never been good at estimating age, with wavy brown hair framing a beautiful face in which were deep blue eyes. The silver and blue robe that she was wearing brought out the woman's eyes magnificently, she also wore a blue gem shaped in the image of a rose about her neck as well as something else Valnar couldn't quite see. Valnar suddenly realized what he had just asked and that he was staring and quickly averted his eyes stammering, "Milady…I…I didn't….what I meant to ask was if you needed to lay down? My name's….well you already know…I…what's your name fair lad….ahh…what's your name?" Despite how awkward Valnar felt, he had a feeling that this meeting was somehow important and it made him feel protective of the woman. Valnar quickly glanced down either directions of the street they were on, it seemed no one had taken notice of what had happened but he felt that they should be moving to keep from drawing attention. Valnar gently stood with the mysterious woman still in his arms and slowly continued toward the ocean smell.

Valnar can be a little bit of a ditz early on, this also will change as time goes on.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY DURING THE WEEK I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POSTING DAYS. I DO HAVE YOUNG'UNS SO BARE WITH ME :D
Rose

Character Info
Rose was still trying to figure out why her visions were off cue. She had no idea what was happening in the realm at the moment. The Silver Apple only held the knowledge of the realm she had been in before. Still she was weary as she laid in the man's arms staring up. "I need more then a bed. More like a pint. I've been laying in a bed for weeks now. It still won't stop." 

She closed her eyes for a moment as she breathed lightly. "My name is Rose." She called to him. Her blue eyes opened up as she stared up at him. Her body was tired as she couldn't move. It took a lot out of her to walk these new planes. It was things she wasn't use to and she gave him a gentle smile. "I took a bit out of a forbidden apple. I had the blessing of a god to do so." She laughed a bit but it gave her pain. "Never thought it would bite me in the ass like this though." She lifted her arms up around his neck so she could pull herself up.

"I need a drink. Something stiff. You see I'm an oracle of Wisdom. I see the planes and right now that little gift is out of control. It's like something is wrong with time itself." She laid herself against him what little movement she had in her gone. "A stiff drink." She was lifted and smiled at him. "Two rights and then make a sharp left. There will be a man in a large blue hat he will be near the sign."

She closed her eyes for a few moments as she took in the ocean smell. "Valnar, there is something we need to retrieve. Something very important. I hid it. It is for the new God. It was a last request of my old master when I was his priestess." She offered him a smile. "I hid it because it is important for some reason. I seen it in my dreams for years and finally when I seen his death coming I asked him about it. He told me to seek out the tome and not worry about him. He died before I got it. Now I should give it to the new god. He would have known his own fate and he trusted me to bring it to the new one." She was repeating her words but she found herself tired.

"I fell in a set if ruins. I hid it there in a wall. The man who found me brought me here and nursed me back to health. Still, I cannot tell anyone else but you. For some reason I must tell you about the tome."

Valnar

Character Info
Valnar smiled, "You have a very pretty name Rose, now let's go get you that stiff drink." Valnar began walking in the direction that Rose had indicated while listening to her. She mentioned a couple things he didn't understand, something about an apple, the planes and hiding something for a new God, but he became extremely interested when she mentioned that he was the only one that she could tell about the tome and that they had to retrieve it. Valnar made the first right "We will definitely find the tome that you're looking for miss Rose, once we get a good strong drink in you and back on your feet I promise it'll be the first thing that we do. Do you remember the ruins that you fell in? Where they were maybe?" Valnar wasn't very hopeful that she would remember but figured that it was better to check than not.

Valnar made the second right and, now they were moving away, his nerves began relaxing in the wonderful aroma of the ocean spray and the night air of the city. The city at night was far more preferable to the city in the day, the streets they were on weren't as crowded though, Valnar guessed, they would get more crowded the close they got to the tavern. Valnar made the final sharp left and could see the sparkling ocean and hear the breakers pounding against the wood of the docks and the stone of the wharf. Further down the street he could also see, although barely through the thick ocean mist and thicker smoke coming from the building, the Winking Mermaid. Just like Rose had said there was the man in the large blue hat and if she hadn't said that he would be there Valnar would've been very apprehensive about the whole meeting.

Valnar wasn't sure if they should just head into the tavern and the man would follow or if Rose needed to speak to him beforehand, but feeling Rose lean on him as much as she was made the decision for him and he stepped past the man and through the door to the tavern.

Rose

Character Info
Rose gave him a smile and laughed. "My name is a combination of my parents' last names. Rose Hunter." She laid her head against him to steady herself once more as her mind shook on the inside. There were so many things she could see about this word flooding her mind. There were the voices of the dead and living. There was the past and future. 

"I remember them quite well. Ruins of the important past. Hidden in a valley… Only the very brave go there and not many return. I can find it on a map." She looked towards the ocean and smiled. "I missed that sight. It felt like I was falling forever and never again would I see my beautiful ocean." She chuckled. "Though no one can tame the ocean at all. Not even the Gods."

Once they were inside the tavern she had them go to the bar and she plopped down onto a seat. "I need lots of ale or something really strong. Please, just enough to make my mind stop wandering. That or I've heard from my aunt that sex normally keeps the mind stable."

The bartender started to laugh as he studied her for a moment or two. "So you are one of the Rosenites? You wouldn't happen to be one of Toya's would ya? She came through a few days ago looking for her kiddies."

Rose's eyes lit up and she nodded. "Toya is my mother. I am glad to know she is alright but am a bit worried that she does not know where my brother and sisters are." She looked over at Valnar and smiled a bit. "You wouldn't happen to have a tab for any of my aunts would you?"

"As a matter of fact," he pulled out a ledger, "your Aunt Angela has a tab here. I could mark it down for you if you think she wouldn't mind. Though the woman can create silver and gold whenever she pleases… or even alcohol for that matter."

Rose gave him a smile and nodded. "A room and a few ales please. For my friend and I." Looking towards the dark elf she gave yet another kind smile. "My family gets around and makes a lot of friends. We have a large family and we keep our promises. You understand why I need to get the tome right? Because I gave my word I would take it to its rightful heir. I was really confused before his father taught me the ways of the oracle. I saw many things that others of my race cannot. I learned how to see what's closest to me. Sometimes I feel like I lost my lover because of that." She frowned. "It's a lonely life."

Valnar

Character Info
While Rose took a moment to talk to the bartender Valnar seized the chance to glance around the tavern quickly, he was going to take any opportunity that he could to take in any new sights or experiences. Mostly sailors lounged around the tables eating and drinking their fill before having to brave the sea again, a few people that looked like locals but Valnar couldn't be for certain. The building was kept pretty clean, the bartender seemed like a man that took pride in what he did and cared about his patrons but that didn't mean that it was immaculate. A handful of the furniture seemed new or like it had been repaired and the windows looking out on the street also appeared new, probably from one too many drunken sailor brawls sending someone flying through the windows.

Valnar turned back to Rose again while her and the bartender discussed her family. Valnar was very interested, "So Rose is a Rosenite, fitting name after all" he thought. When Rose asked about the tab and a room with a couple ales for them both Valnar couldn't believe it, he'd never had that much money in his life! The amount he had on him at the time was actually the most he had ever had and he was going to use it to buy a sword or better bow in the morning, the hunting bow he had on him was on it's last legs. As intriguing as allowing Rose to buy his ale and the room was, Valnar's morals wouldn't allow it; he was raised that never let someone do for him what he could do himself.

"Thank you very much Rose," Valnar began, "I can help pay though, especially if it's your Aunt's tab, I just wouldn't feel right letting you pay for everything." Valnar reached into the pouch at his waist and pulled out a few crescents and sheepishly placed them on the counter. Valnar listened to Rose while she explained about the tome and being an oracle and replied, "I'm sorry about your lover," Valnar grinned, "but you can bet that I'm not going to leave your side miss Rose until we find that tome and maybe even beyond that!" Valnar had only been with Rose for no more than an hour and already he felt close to her and like they were meant to accomplish something great and important, he definitely had no intention of leaving her anytime soon at all.

"We will begin looking for your tome first thing in the morning!" Valnar's mind was already looking forward to all the adventures he was going to have with Rose and he was very excited, very excited indeed. The bartender returned with their ales, Valnar took a deep swig, wiped his mouth and asked, "You mentioned being able to find the ruin on a map, we will have to buy one tomorrow morning, as well as", Valnar motioned to his ageing bow slung over his shoulder, "other provisions."

Rose

Character Info
She shook her head and giggled slightly. "I'm not paying for anything. My aunt is wealthy enough. So try not to feel so guilty about it. One day you will meet her, probably soon."

The bartender wiped down the bar in front of them. "Her Aunt could produce gold out of thin air. Silver from nothing. Angela Rose, Goddess who Gifts Fertility and Holds the Cornucopia. Rose's family has some powerful people in it."

Nodding the Oracle blushed a bit. "Afraid I haven't quite made my mark yet. I was a priestess for years to the God of Wisdom. Well before his death. I quietly left the ruins of his realm and tried to live a normal life but things aren't always so simple." Thinking back to her lover she frowned greatly. "There's nothing anyone could have done. You see Rosenite Oracles aren't gifted with the ability to see their closest loved ones. I didn't know what was happening and that is strange for me."

The brunette laughed at how energetic the drow was and gave him a smile. "That sounds wonderful. I'm sorry if my magic is out of whack and I can't protect myself the fall through the worlds has broken my magic quite a bit. Even the spirits are restless in this world from Timedeath." 

Thinking she tried to steady her mind and think. "I should be able to predict where the best venison is on the edge of town. The map is a good idea, if my sister was here she could draw us one. Keira is fantastic with her memory, she doesn't forget anything and therefore can draw a detailed map from memory." Closing her eyes she breathed heavily. "Perhaps we should take our drinks up to the room. I am very tired and wish to lay down."

Valnar

Character Info
Between the bartender and Rose reassuring him Valnar began to feel better, especially learning from the bartender himself that Angela could produce gold and silver out of thin air. Valnar quickly retrieved his few crescents, glad that he wasn't going to have to settle for an inferior weapon in the morning. "Your family sounds amazing Rose! You are a very lucky woman." Valnar smiled as Rose blushed. The drow also realized that his initial awkwardness with Rose seemed to be gone, which he was very happy for as Rose was a strikingly beautiful woman.

Valnar loved how easy it was to be around Rose, no other person in his life was this easy to be around, not counting his adoptive parents. The ease that Valnar felt being with Rose and in a tavern full of mostly humans was a testament to how comfortable Valnar was becoming with traveling and being around other people. So concerned was the drow for Rose's safety and comfort that he hadn't even noticed if any bar patrons had shown him dark looks as he was used to.

Valnar retrieved their drinks and offered Rose his arm, "Let's get you upstairs miss Rose and get you comfortable. Don't worry about your magic, I'll be here to protect you until things get straightened out and even after that as often as I can." Valnar paused a moment before heading towards the stairs, it struck him that this was going to be his first night he would spend with someone in close proximity. The entire voyage to Adeluna City had been with merchant caravans mostly and they all knew each other more or less and Valnar found himself mostly sleeping to himself away from any fires. Every night since his first away from home Valnar had thanked the gods that the weather was still pleasant and warm enough to keep the nights from freezing. Valnar smiled and laughed to himself, "Now I shall be thanking the gods for bringing Rose to me.".

The drow was careful to offer Rose every support he could while balancing two drinks and working his way through the crowded common room toward the stairs to the second level. There probably not going to many nights that they would get to spend in a warm, crowded tavern and Valnar was looking forward to it, something he would be able to take courage and hope from while sleeping in a ditch or on a windswept plain.

Valnar opened the door to their room, it was simply furnished with a sturdy dresser along one wall and a simple bedside table on which rested a candlestick with a new candle. There was only one bed. Valnar set their drinks on the bedside table and gently sat Rose on the bed, "You need all the rest that you can get miss Rose, you take the bed and I will lay here on the floor.". As much as Valnar wanted to, and even if she had mentioned that sex clears the mind, Valnar didn't want to appear that he was taking advantage of the situation.

Rose

Character Info
Rose blushed a bit when he complimented her family and laughed. "You might get to meet some. Especially my Aunt. I would like to know more about the person I am to give the tome to before I do so. She would be the best one to ask. Aside from that we should check in with my mother as well. Knowing her she probably tamed a dragon and is turning the world inside out trying to find all of her cubs." Her face lost color for a moment. "She was devastated when my brother Costel passed away. She would literally move Heaven and Hell for us. So I want to help her find all of my siblings."

The oracle took his arm and gave a smile. "You are very kind Valnar. I knew the spirits would not lead me astray." The ocean like eyes stared him down for a moment as they moved.  Her eyes lulled softly as she leaned into him. She knew when they got into the room and took no time falling onto the bed. "Non-sense this isn't my first time sleeping with a male I wasn't bedding with. Besides the spirits tell me I can trust you so you must sleep by my side." She patted the pillow next to her as she stripped off her robe.

Underneath was a light white dress. It was loose around her features. The silver key hung around her neck and it hummed softly almost.  It was most likely her magic going through it but she could never tell. Her hand came up and she put it to the key listening to her heart with it. "I haven't had this hard of a time tuning spirits out since I was a girl." She laughed a bit. "I wish there was a way to not hear them even if for a little while."