Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Never Trust A Witch P/R
Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
As quickly as it all escalated, it was quite surprising at how everyone managed to cool their heels so quickly. The jackal that had moments before been bounding towards them had been held back by a very all orc, who seemed to want nothing more than for it to calm down and go back to eating. What was more surprising was the fact that there was an actual attempt at an apology.

Had they not been interrupted by the jackal originally, Rynn might have been able to calm down faster, but as it was, she was already on edge. But she lowered her stance, despite all of her instincts telling her otherwise. Her claws shifted back once more into her normal, pale flesh, but her wings stayed, as well as her crimson eyes. She had already forced a partial transformation, and she wasn’t going to waste it in case things turned for the worse.

“The apology is a decent start,” she said with a glare. “Half-assed explanations aside. If you have more than one soul, you should start with that.” While she had never met anyone with more than one soul, she had met someone who shared her grandfather’s body at a time, so she was familiar with how the concept worked. “Like I was saying before, though…you don’t get to just cause a scene and leave.” Rynn crossed her arms, huffing.

Sable came strolling out of the tavern, her blue aura trailing as she waltzed up to Rynn, wrapping herself around the woman’s legs, and then promptly sitting. The draconian rolled her eyes. “Of course…this is all your fault,” she muttered, looking down to the lynx. “This is why I never let you out.”

The lynx looked up to her, mewing. Rynn sighed. “Listen, there’s a big dog. There’s apparently some wild animal. I’d say at this point you should go back.” Sabel almost looked offended. “Well, then…go apologize! Just don’t come crying to me if you get eaten.” With a sigh, Rynn and Sabel walked over to the jackal as well, though Rynn kept her distance, crossing her arms as Sabel approached.

Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
Name: Delanac Ironbrow
Alignment: LG
Race: Orc
Class: Culinarian (i.e. chef)
Silver: 0
Delanac's teeth were on edge, though more because he was nervous about what might happen. When things simmered down some, he was sighing in relief. The taller of the girls came over and seemed to have taken a shine to Bran here. "Bran's his name. When I first saw him he was black as a crow, and just as noisy. Sorry if he bothered you. He always gets proper excited when he sees new faces–always wants to say hello." As if to agree, the jackal started barking and wagging his tail like always. His streamlined body and tall, pointed ears were wiggling with hardly-contained happiness. When one knelt down to see him, he hopped up on his hind legs as if expecting to be patted. He gave out a short howl as he saw something he had never seen before. What was that strange blue thing with the other person? 

The orc had the same question in mind. It looked like some sort of big cat, but did cats come in blues? "Shh shh, Bran. No howling in the streets. You see something?" Noting the shorter, dragon-like girl now coming in close, he did his best to smile as his palms were sweating. Hopefully everybody's heads were cooling down. Bran sniffed Jasmine, and determining he liked this new person–he gave her a lick. The black dog then turned his head with ears perked at the bluish lynx with its owner, probably thinking of doing the same thing. "Bran–Bran sit." The dog looked back at him with tongue wagging, and sat himself down. "Good, now stay." Delanac was thankful he was responding, or else the jackal would be off like an arrow onto the unhappy looking dragon girl. Thank the gods the training stuck.

"Be careful, he has a bad habit of jumping on people and licking faces 'til they shine." He gave a smile. It was the best he could do to keep tensions low, and a fair warning for anybody who tried being friendly to his pet.

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."
WolfRaider13

Character Info
Name: Jasmine
Race: Vampire
Class: Shifter
Silver: 29
Jasmine was as close to being in her happy place as she had gotten since coming to this strange place. The dog was as friendly as any she had ever met and although it's owner looked strange to her he appeared to be friendly as well, if a bit on the nervous side. She looked up at him from where she was playing with Bran her emerald eyes bright.

“My name is Jasmine. It is a pleasure to meet you and Bran. I apologize again for causing a scene earlier. I am new here and unfortunately one of my others doesn't always listen to me.”

She turned as she heard the approach of the other girl and the pretty blue cat. Standing she tried to look as harmless as she could while still towering over the woman, sigh. She carefully addressed her next words to her.

“Your cat really is a beauty. I see why Cheetah wanted to play with her. I just wish she had asked for permission first. May we know her name?”

Cheetah pressed a little closer in Jasmine's mind for a closer look at the pretty blue kitty turning her pupils to cat slits. She knew she was still in trouble though so she didn't try to press her luck. Jasmine just sighed, fuckin cats.

Jasmine glanced nonchalantly at her hands to be sure, yep no claws. “Good girl, maybe she'll let you play with her.” Cheetah just purred in response which unfortunately meant she was now purring.

Life is a party. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, oftentimes you're just drunk barely holding onto your lunch.
“Vamp dialog”

“Cheetah dialog”

“Myst’s Screech’s”

“Jasmine dialog”

Mental speech.
Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
Sabel seemed to fine with everything going on at the moment, and had no issues rubbing herself up against the taller woman, though the lynx was still wary of the jackal. It was a natural thing to do. Rynn had not moved from her spot, her arms still crossed. She had definitely let go of a great deal of her stress, though, and it showed in her stance.

“Her name is Sabel. It’s a long story about why she’s here, but let’s just say it involved a rampaging giant bunny. I’d…rather not talk about it,” she said with a tone of finality. “So far, she’s been fairly tame, if not showing up at the worst of times. I don’t really have a say in what she does.” The truth behind the matter was that the blue familiar was a creation of Myrra when she was born, a powerful baby born of the deities Angela and Adraejen. As such, the familiar took on many of the traits of her owner, though Rynn would never admit to that.

She sighed, and dropped her arms. “Well, this has been a hectic evening. I know tensions had run high, but maybe we can settle in for a drink to ease the mood, and then carry on our ways?” It was the best she could come up with. Being a performer meant she had to keep in good standing with the city, which meant she needed to repair any damage that might have been caused by her outburst.

Ugh. Gideon…why couldn’t you have been here? You’re much better at this whole…social thing.
Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
Name: Delanac Ironbrow
Alignment: LG
Race: Orc
Class: Culinarian (i.e. chef)
Silver: 0
"I'll be taking you up on that offer. Been a while since I've tasted what Adeluna's tavern ales were like. Might find a new drink or two." Scratching the back of his head, he watched as Bran was settling down now that his stomach was satisfied. "Name's Delanac. You can have a round on me, as long as it's not more than a day's wages." He was feeling less worried about sneaking Bran inside after feeding him. Sometimes after a big meal the jackal would sleep it off, allowing his owner to bring him along quiet-like. Lifting up the sleepy-eyed dog, Delanac let out a chuckle when Bran gave a big yawn. His tail was wagging more slowly, and the orc had learned how to gauge Bran's energy from how fast it was moving. He was the first one to move towards the tavern door. After all, he offered to pay. 

What hit him once he was on the way inside was that he had no idea how to make small talk in this situation. Now most strangers were just fine with the weather and gazing into their drinks, but today he was saddled with two very unusual seatmates. The taller girl seemed to have her mind elsewhere part of the time, and the other didn't look like she'd want to make small talk at all. Proper awkward, it was. It'd be like sitting a blacksmith between a headsman and a noble. But he'd make do, like always. If they weren't up for chitchat he'd just contemplate the flavor of his drink until they were done. 

Bran was wrapped up in a blanket like a sausage, so he wouldn't dash off so easily if he felt another burst of energy. Even that wasn't a sure-fire way to keep him, as he'd wiggle his way out sooner or later. Luckily, Bran felt comfy enough to stay put and closed his eyes, giving Delanac some peace of mind. Bran was set on his lap below the table. That way if he started moving, Delanac would know. 

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."