Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Home Sweet Home (P,R)
Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
He watched as some men efficiently pulled crates full of equipment and furniture from the cart as they talked about their days to their workmates and cracking some jokes asking, 'what was in this crate, rocks' that comment caused Randal to smirk as the box did, in fact, have his collection of crystals used in tuning his staves, rolling up his shirt sleeves and downing the rest of his water he picked up a small crate walking through the house that slowly was coming together with new carpets and freshly cleaned by a few workers, before reaching the glass conservtory on the side of the house filled with pots of old dirt and packets of seeds decorating the wall, "I hope Wen likes this, some of those seeds were rather exspesnive" he chuckled to himself continueing his walking through the house into the upstairs area which would be his study, the booksevles leaving no trace of the wall behind and tall enough to reach almost the ceiling filled with books of many languages and lengths, he placed the crate down on the large oak desk just as Edgest appeared before him, "I simply forgot how much money your family since you've been living in the academy this whole time" Randal slightly smiled nodding at his comment "So did I, its been so long since Ive seen this study I still cant believe my father knew so many languages like this".

After a breif sort out of artifacts that he had found over the years now decorating the room and item frames he took a quick glance at the old bedroom newly decorated with items Randal and hopefully Elowen both found interesting enough as he walked out on the balcony breathing in the city air, he spotted the park just across the way letting his smile show remembering how many times he would come back with bruises or grazes from falling out a tree while trying to discover new birds or animals which in turn resulted in the young mage running his thumb over his families signet ring that rested around his neck which he thought safer than having on his finger where it could be stolen.

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
Elowen had been exploring the house, observing dusty pictures of a younger Randal with his family, as well as a few old artifacts that had never been taken from the house. By far her favorite room in the entire place, however, was the plant nursery, where she would be able to grow specific herbs and plants needed for alchemy. As she passed through each of the rooms, the Dryad happily greeted and thanked all of the workers for assisting them in moving all of the furniture and crates. Hoping to be of more help, Wen picked up a crate light enough for her to carry, taking it inside and up the stairs. She set it down in the bedroom and sighed with content. It was a nice feeling to know that it belonged to her and Randal.

As she exited the room, Wen spotted the mage on the balcony leaning against the railing. Smirking deviously, she tiptoed up behind him and attacked him with a surprise hug. "No slacking on the job, mister!" she giggled, leaning over his shoulder to plant a kiss on his cheek. When she finally released him, she crossed her arms and placed them on the railing beside him. A soft grin tugged at the corners of her mouth upon viewing the beautiful image. "I am so glad we did this. I mean, it's just… amazing!" she breathed, her golden eyes sparkling as she took in the sight of the park. Playfully, the Dryad nudged Randal with her shoulder. "Hey, how about, when all the workers leave, we have some fun tonight~" She fluttered her eyelashes flirtatiously, knowing that he dealt with romantic remarks just as poorly as she.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Running a thumb over the back of her hand, he chuckled at her comment "Arent you slacking by telling the slacker off" Randal rose a eyebrow before turning to face her reciprocating her kiss with his own on her lips and talking softly "I'm so glad I did this with you, the good news too is that most of the workers got loaned by the Academy, Im guessing they are happy with me being back inside the city walls" he chuckled before pausing suddenly and going rather red as he stuttered "Its not that im saying no, since you look adorable with all that, but…" he covered his face with a hand "Edgest is right next to us" glancing to the side as the Wraith had a look of pure horror on his face and with a sigh "Ill be in my room" before quickly disappearing from sight.

With the departure of his other partner, he quickly leant down kissing Wen deeply running a hand down her cheek before whispering "However there's one more room that I would love to show you" taking her hand and quick walking down the cobble steps towards a locked door with many seals and protective spells bracing the outer oak, even after opening the door he had to wrap an arm around the Dryad to brace her from the sudden gush of cold air flowing out of it, the descent was quick into the frost covered room as in all his glory a slightly see through but the normal mortal form of Edgest sat on a stool reading a book about Magic, he rose a hand to wave at the young woman before he spoke up "See, this is where I was bonded by a dark wizard, so if Im ever seperated from the brat I simply appear here, however, Ill try to keep the haunting down since I apprently have roommates now" the wraith shoot a glare at the mage who chuckled rubbing his neck.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Her cheeks flushed a bright green when she realized that Edgest was right there. Of course he was. Elowen tugged at her hair and muttered an apology, unsure of where to look. As they went down to the other room, the Dryad raised an eyebrow quizzically, trying to decipher what Randal could show her that she had not already seen. But, as they approached the locked door, her excitement grew rapidly. She had made a mental note of it earlier, and was extremely curious as to what it held. When she saw what it actually was, Wen could not say she was disappointed. Brightening her smile, she waved back at Edgest, glad that she would be able to see him in this room. Rubbing the back of her neck, she replied, "Uhm… sorry about that, sir. We will also try to keep the noise down." The response sounded correct; at least, according to all the books on manners and politeness that she had been reading.

Wen nodded, completely ignoring the cold in the room. "Well, I would not want to intrude, so I think I am going to help move some more boxes," even though this was not her first time encountering the Wraith, she still felt rather awkward when he was around. Something about him made her feel as though he was judging her every action. Retreating from the room, she went outside and continued bringing in what she could carry, engaging in some casual banter with the workers while she did. Working like this was relaxing to her and helped to ease any discomfort she felt from Edgest. The Dryad honestly did want to befriend him, but she was afraid the he just wanted her gone. Even the sweet remarks from the others about her helpfulness could not remove the worried gleam in her eyes.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
"You need to stop doing that, your gonna make her think you don't like her" Randal spoke confidently towards the Wraith after watching the Dryad leave the room, "I don't like her, I don't think she's the right fit for you" Edgest snapped back causing to the young mage to slam a hand against the table with a deep set scowl, "Is this because of the damn Mana Transfer I did against the Fratis? you need to stop being petty because I love her Ed, and you need to get used to that" the room seemed to grow colder as the battle of wills fought against each other as the Wraith seemed to shout back and up the stairs of the cellar "I'm being Petty? you moved into my house! My house and she feels the need to taint it with her plants!" blasts of icy wind blew up the cellar as Workers tried to force the door closed before the frost could spread into the living area of the house as Randal almost screamed back "You were bound by a damn necromancer! this is much your house as it was his, This is the Hex household and I dear god hope that one day she will share that last name with me Ed so you sit down and think about that because its unlikely in a few years you'll even be here at all" the comment was uncalled for causing the spirit to concede making the frost recedes back down the stairs and his beard to shake as he nodded "Fine, Ill try to get along with her" with a defeated tone as the young mage turned away sharply and took his leave up the stairs.

As he watched the workers go he paid a few extra silvers to each one to keep silent about the activites in the basement, as he went to find Wen "Hello my Greenbean" the grin spread across his face as he nuzzled into her neck, "he doesnt mean to be aggressive its just that he spent alot of time in Isolaton before anyone found him" Randal ran his hand through her hair before a smirk grew on his face as the young man whispered "However I might have to take you up on your previous offer" lightly kissing her neck, hoping he could get atleast some payback for the dryads the last attempt to fluster him.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Elowen had situated herself in the greenhouse on the side of the house, which was fairly separated from the cellar. However, even that stretch of distance did not shield her from hearing the shouts coming from where she previously was. Assuming the fight was most likely about her, the Dryad quietly turned her focus to burying certain seeds in pots and labeling them accordingly. Numbly, she heard the workers leave the house, the heavy door shutting behind them. So she was slightly expecting the mage's entrance. Hearing him try to comfort and fluster her did not help to brighten her mood. Gently, Wen separated herself from his grasp, turning to face Randal with a dreary expression. "You do not have to lie to me about Edgest, Randal," she stated as she stared at the ground.

"I know that he does not want me here. Maybe…" Wen absentmindedly began pulling her hair into a loose braid, attempting to focus on something other than this conversation. "I do love you, but perhaps it would be best if I just found my own place. It isn't as though I need a house anyways…" A nervous chuckle escaped her lips, but she could not help but look back out the door toward the basement. She did not want to leave, but she also did not want to feel like she was constantly an intruder in someone else's home. What was the point of staying if she was going to be treated as a violator, anyways?

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Randal quickly rose a hand to the door letting the symbol glow on it as he felt his connection to Edgest sever from him making him feel dizzy for a few seconds before reaching out and taking her hand, "He lost his family, long ago so far in fact he hasn't even told me what happened to them" he then broke out into a smirk "Including the fact he was incredibly old and grumpy when he died, imagine him after many years of being bound to someone evil, heck when I first met him the first thing he tried to do was make me cut my hair shorter" ending in a shudder.

The mage pulled her close enough to rest his forehead on hers and whispered "This isn't his house, he doesn't decide who gets to live here and without you being here theres no point in me having a house because where ever you are is my home" kissing the top of her head before frowning "However I cant stop you from leaving if thats really how you feel, I just have to say that it takes a long time for Edgest to trust someone, three years and he still has arguements with me almost all the time" letting go of her hand he walked to one of the pots and opening a small glass flask which laid inside was the golden flower he had brought for her back on the island and with a small smile potted it making sure it would root, "Our first memento of our adventures" he grinned "Can it please not be our last?"

ILoveIcees

Character Info
Although Elowen wished there was a way for her to make things better for Edgest, she knew that she would not be able to. The Wraith needed Randal's assistance, not hers, and that was understandable. Smiling softly, a few white teardrops rolled down her cheeks, which she quickly wiped away. She walked over and hugged the mage, craning her neck to kiss his chin. "Okay, then. I will stay," she whispered simply, grinning up at him. Gently, Wen reached a hand out toward where he had potted the flower, urging its roots to deepen. Usually, such an act required little of her stored energy, ensuring that she would still have enough until she could absorb some more sunlight. This time, however, seemed abnormally different.

The Dryad's stomach growled ungracefully, startling her. "What in the world?!" Wen jumped back, clutching her abdomen. Was she… hungry? Well, that couldn't be right. She only felt that sensation when she had not been out long enough, but she had been outside nearly all day. Perhaps it had just been cloudier than she realized, or the work had sapped her energy. Either way, this meant one thing: she was going to have to consume physical food. "I, um… I suppose I might need to eat something. Did we get any ingredients to cook with?" she asked, nodding towards the kitchen with a hint of embarrassment.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
He grinned at the flower taking hold in the pot, Randal had taken care of it since the island and hoped it would be the first plant to be set here just like many other gifts he could give her in the future, but then his head swivelled to face her as she shouted her exclamation watching her clutch her stomach and hearing Wen's weird question he quickly asked "Your hungry? I thought you just regained energy through the sun and only needed to drink" with a frown he looked over her to make sure everything was okay before his grin reappeared "We have some food that I brought on the way here? I'll make a couple of dishes since I'm not sure what you eat" grabbing her hand a whisking her into the kitchen.

The room was huge in any aspect of the word, pots made of copper hung on the wall and cabinets stocked full of spices and jars of pickled foods, Randal eagerly got to work cutting some and preparing the best meal he could think of before wrapping a arm round the dryads waist to keep her close to him as he cooked resting his chin on her shoulder offering a spoon filled with the stew to her with a smile "It may not be the best, but I was taught the basics in the academy mostly due to the fact that my old dragonic teacher would be fine with a whole goat" he chuckled nuzzling into her neck just feeling happy to have peace and quiet without any angry tribesmen or bandits trying to take his head off with a weapon or spell.

ILoveIcees

Character Info
"I guess I've been inside more than I thought today," Wen chuckled, allowing Randal to lead her into the kitchen. She smiled as he prepared the stew, surprisingly interested in the process. Although she had never tasted physical food, she sometimes wondered about the way people reacted to it and was excited to try some. It definitely had an interesting smell. Taking the spoon from the mage's hand, Elowen studied it intensely before grinning up at him. "Rest assured, Mr. Hex, that, no matter what this stew tastes like, it will undoubtably be the best food I've ever eaten." After reassuring him, she put the spoon in her mouth. The stew was an explosion of flavor with more things happening in her mouth than she knew to react to.

Eventually, she swallowed it (an equally strange and intense experience), looking bright-eyed up at Randal. "That was amazing," she mumbled, beaming. Although, the hungriness became much more apparent after the first taste. Hastily, she began searching the many cabinets in the massive kitchen for a bowl. Wen emerged from one with two bowls and rushed back over to the pot. She opened the drawer Randal had gotten the spoon from and retrieved a ladle, dipping it into the stew and filling the bowls. "You are an excellent cook," the Dryad proclaimed, extremely proud of the mage. Handing one of the bowls to Randal, she began eating the rest of her own without hesitation.