Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Meeting Of Unusual Souls [P]
Izzey Ius

Character Info
Name: Izzey Ius
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: ArchMage
Silver: 2173
The wonderful city of Adeluna, the largest of cities in all of Revaliir. A city which is difficult to describe the exact appearance of, due to it's the great diversity and massive size. Within the shopping district, an area filled with the the shouts of merchants, and bartering of disagreeing customers, and pleas of beggars, another voice could be heard among the massive gathering of people. The voice was loud, confident, and rather grandiose, as it stood ontop of a wooden footstool, making it's bold declarations. Yet, unlike the surrounding merchants within the district, this voice would not declare items of interest, nor a comparison of prices, but something much more unusual, something much more adventurous.

"Beautiful citizens of Adeluna, have you no eyes the see the precious treasure trove right before you!? Why greatly toil daily for menial pieces of silver, when a king's ransom lies right before you eyes?!" A large majority had passed by the proclaiming figure, yet there were a few whom the voice had grabbed the attention and possible interest of. Unfortunately, the majority of that gathering was also full of skepticism, which was the reason why the voice had not yet ceased in making it's declarations, as it continued in it's ardent search for a soul willing enough to accept it's proposal.

"What are you going on about, woman? Where is this king's random you speak about?" Spoke up one skeptic, from among the small gathering. 

"Have you not heard the rumors, the stories, the legends?! It is within your very reach, living among you daily, just waiting for your courageous seizure of what is rightfully yours! The tunnels of the Ancense Ruins, have you no knowledge?!" The mage continued

"Those runes are haunted!" Continued the man, "Everyone with common sense knows not to travel around those parts!"

"Legends fear no evil!" The mage boldly refuted. 

Upon hearing this, quite a few began leaving the small gathering, either not having the courage to take up such task, or not having belief in the woman proclamations. 
Dioxie

Character Info
Name: Dioxie
Alignment: CG
Race: siren
Class: entertainer
Silver: 0
So this was the big city. Dioxie looked around amazed by just how big everything was. she wandered around in a daze, wondering how anyone withstood the noise. it seemed like the people here had come from everywhere. skin and hair of all colors of the rainbow.  she must have wandered into the shopping district because the loud buzz of thousands of voices melded with the clattering of coins on wooden countertops and the piercing shouts of merchants peddling their wares above the din. then there was another voice, surely louder than any of the others taken seperately but nearly drowned out by the combined voices of the crowd. Dioxie moved towards the voice and found it belonged to a red haired lady with markings on her face, standing on a battered wooden footstool, ranting about some big treasure. she seemed to be surrounded by a small group of people, most of them skeptics. a woman asked what this treasure was exactly,  and Dioxie listened for the anwser. the woman said there was a great treasure in the ancense ruins. at this point many left the crowd, and the few that remained did so only to call the lady insane. at last, only Dioxie remained in front of the lady. she turned to leave.
Izzey Ius

Character Info
Watching as people from whatever small gathering she had managed to achieve begin to leave, the mage continued her bold proclamations zealously for a time. This had not been been the first time she'd experienced such disappointments, and it certainly would not be the last. Yet, it would only be a matter of time before even the few that had remained, would eventually also abandon her, and she would seen be left with nothing. The last remaining individual would be what seemed to appear like nothing more than a young girl, with unusually blue hair, most likely not even past the age of sixteen, by the looks of it. The mage had naturally deemed her far too young to take part in such an daring endevour, and nothing more than a curious soul, unqualified for such a task. As even the girl had finally turned to leave, however, the mage eventually stopped her bold proclamations, jumping off the stool and kicking it away in frustration. The stool flew quite a few feet away, as it tumbled across the stone pavement of the district, drawing the surprised gazes and gasp of those nearby and in it's wake. 

"It appears your success rate is lower than usual today, human." Spoke a tiny voice in the mage's ear, patiently sitting upon her shoulder, yet hidden behind the long orange hair of the mage, from those on the outside. It would be her pocket sized companion, a tiny succubus, an entity from another realm, and perhaps the only mind capable of actually deeply understanding the mage's strange logic.

"Behold!" Exclaimed the angry mage, "Even the little children dismiss me! Has no one any wisdom in this city?!"
Dioxie

Character Info
As dioxie turned to walk away the lady jumped off the stool and kicked it far away, causing many to gasp and stare. she swiveled her head back in the direction of the lady and her sensitive ears picked up a noise on the ladys shoulder, but her eyes were not as sharp as her ears, and she saw nothing there. as she turned to leave again the lady exclaimed angrily : "Behold! Even the little children dismiss me! Has no one any wisdom in this city?!"  again dioxie looked, outraged at being called a child, then remembered that she had stopped aging at 13. as if she could ever forget. the way her adoptive parents called her a demon, and left her on the same cold rock where they had found her. she touched her face, feeling its smoothness that had never changed in 17 years. dioxie stared at the lady and sang "child?" pouring all her age and expirience into that one word, forcing the lady to relive it. then she turned away once more
Izzey Ius

Character Info
The orange haired mage, upon her furious actions and exclamations, had received quite a few gazes from the surrounding group of people within the district. Yet, one gaze in particular, had stood out from the many others, being that it communicated more of an offense, than the common look of shock and bafflement which the majority her other onlookers held. In the midst of the offended gaze, the mage returned a risen eyebrow, rather confused by the girl's response. The reasoning behind the offended gaze, would eventually make itself more apparent, as the mage found herself rather caught off guard from the tone of the other's voice, as she repeated the word, 'child', communicating that she'd been apparently insulted somehow by the statement. When what the mage still considered to be a youth, had turn back around in order to begin walking away again, Izzey folded her arms, staring at the girl from behind, with a blank expression on her face, rather confused now. 

"Is it not a child?" The mage spoke, completely bewildered.

"it appears to be one," The succubus replied.

"So why does she question the obvious?" The mage inquired aloud.

"All is not as it appears, human." Her tiny companion continued.

"But I appear to see a blue haired child…" The mage contested, standing firm to her point.
Dioxie

Character Info
as she turned to leave, Dioxie again heard a faint noise coming from the ladys shoulder. she looked back, and focused all her energy into her superhuman ears, and somehow heard the remains of a whispered conversation. They were talking about her, she realized. "So why does she question the obvious?" The lady said. a tiny voice on her shoulder replied "All is not as it appears, human.". what was the thing on her shoulder? "But I appear to see a blue haired child…" the lady said. Dioxie turned. "I am 38 years old. what is that on your shoulder?" she said. she walked up to the lady and pulled her hair aside and picked up the tiny winged figure on her shoulder. "a succubus eh?" she said. "I've never seen one this small before. I wonder if it can fly".  Dioxie tossed the creature into the air and grabbed the ladys hand in her unusually strong grip. "Don't call me a child." she said. "I am sick of that." 
Izzey Ius

Character Info
As the girl turned back around, Izzey found herself again caught off guard.

"I am 38 years old, what is that on your shoulder?" The orange haired mage blinked at the statement. There were two shocking details in a single sentence, and Izzey was not sure which of those details to address first; the fact that the girl had just proclaimed to be even older than Izzey herself, or that fact that she actually knew that something was sitting open her shoulder.

As the female approached them, and immediately pulled backed Izzey's orange hair, both the mage found herself shocked, as well at the tiny succubus, which made itself apparent by the creature's wide eyed and somewhat open mouthed expression, behind unpulled hair. The mage found herself at a loss of words to speak, as she witnessed the scene, however, she would quickly react to rescue her companion, as it went launching into the air. With the hand that had not been grabbed, the mage quickly snatched her companion out of the air, into the safety of her palm, upon it's descent.

"It does not fly!" Exclaimed the angry mage into the face of the other female, "Have you no knowledge no knowledge nor respect of supernatural entities, girl?!" The excited exclamation would cause a few more surprised gazes to turn towards the scene, though, they were unable to see exactly what was now purposely hidden within the mage's palm, as she placed the creature into her pocket.

Glaring at the female with with furious eyes, she mused for a few seconds, before continuing on. "I say, are you physic, girl?" She inquired, trying to figure out exactly how in the world the other female had managed to uncover her tiny companion so easily and precisely. It was a feat which the mage had neither witnessed nor even deemed possible among the lot of magically inept humans in this city. "Or perhaps, are you an illusionist?" She continued, moving her head around, in order to examine various areas of the girl's figure, trying to figure out what exactly was going on, right now.
Dioxie

Character Info
"no, I heard it." Dioxie said,."It seemed to be the only place on your body where you would logically hide something that was talking to you. as for respect for the supernatural?" she laughed. "whats it ever done for me? the supernatural is toying with me ant I see it fit to return the favor." Dioxie allowed the lady to inspect her. "Although now that I think about it an illusion could solve a lot. can you point me toward any good mages?"
Izzey Ius

Character Info
At the girl's answer, the mage would again find herself rather baffled. She contemplated on the words a bit, attempting to understand the logic behind the other female's sentence. "'Heard' it?" Repeated the mage, her tone communicating her disbelief. Leaning to the side with widened and curious eyes, she rose a hand to also remove the others female's blue hair, in order to examine her ear. Nothing looked particularity unique
"If the supernatural toys with you, unmannerly one, then you are a victim because you lack the power to control it." The mage continued. "The predator eats the prey, and deer never toy with lions.

At the girl's rather spontaneous and unexpected inquiry, the mage rose an eyebrow. "Are you blind young one?!" She rebuked, "Do you know who I am?! You stand in front of the mightiest practicer of the magical arts, the greatest scholar of the lands!" She exclaimed rather proudly and boastfully.