Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Forbidden[P]
Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Alignment: TN
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706
The wolf demon’s morning had been quite evenly. After entering the city, the wolf met an old friend, and learned something about the past. Her Uncle Clyde had been looking for her since she was a child. A smile lit the red haired woman’s face as she walked away. This thought lingering in her mind. She was loved then. Someone had always been looking for her. Someone cared enough to look. Her Uncle, and then Nikolaus. 

When the vampire caught up up with, she glanced at him as they made their way through the crowd. He asked what she needed and that prompted the wolf demon to bring out her list. The parchment wrinkled due to all the times she looked at it. It was a long list. “Every one of my girls want something, even my brother.” She almost laughed at that; the children were driving him to smoke. “My poor brother takes care of the girls while I am gone. Along with all my wolves, but they just protect them.” Katerina said thinking she shouldn’t be worried when she was gone. The red haired woman would always worry, they lived at the edge of the viren’s forest. The most dangerous place. If it wasn’t for Amare putting up the protection around her house, she wouldn’t have moved in, in the first place. 

“They need, parchment, and ink for Annette's drawings, a violin for Kiyomi, pets…Like they don’t have enough.” She laughed at that. “But I understand. Every wolf is protective of them, and they fend for themselves. Sultan is too big of a lion to play with the kids. Xander does the same as the wolves. I think some small pets are in order.” She smiled thinking about bring home a puppy, or even a kitten. “Let's see… we also need. Blankets, towels, new dresses for the girls, shoes. And some food items….” She paused thinking. “We can save the pets for last… And I think I need to rent a cart.”

As the day went on, the two talked of old times and new. Katerina learned about Angelique and how her uncle asked Nikolaus to look after her. She learned of the massive fight the two friends had when Angelique was turned. Katerina smiled. She couldn’t want to meet this cousin of hers; she seemed like an interesting person. The wolf demon also told Nikolaus of her daughters as they bought their items they requested. 

“Kiyomi…Now that is a long story.” She started as they sat down by the fountain. “After my uncle on my father side tried to kill me, I went to free the slaves on the ships. He was a slaver, you see, but the women on the ship had a worse fate. He was trying to bare a child, as strong as him or stronger. He couldn’t for some reason or another. Well, Kiyomi and a tiger, Alexander were caged up in his quarters. I still don’t know who her father is, if its my uncle… Or some other man.” A frown crossed her lips. “I really hope it’s not my uncle…. He was just a cruel man…” She paused thinking as she touched the water with her fingertips. “Besides. She is part dragon, her mother was human. So! I think her father was a dragon sifter.” She smiled down at the water as she spoke of her daughters.

“Annette and her sister Freya were saved by my daugher… They were held by a cannibal… He killed both their parents. Kiyomi took revenge along with someone else. Then she brought them home. I welcomed them as if they were my own children. They are part fox. For some reason though, Annette hasn’t got her ears, but her sister, Freya, has them and she is only a few years old.” Her eyes looked up to the sky then. “After that monster rapped me, I found myself in the woods, very pregnant with Eva. I was running away as fast as I could, then… I found a young girl. She was hiding. Her family was taken by the monster as well…. Her name is Eden… My sweet Eden. She has been searching for her family for a long time now. I haven’t seen her in… a year?” Katerina frowned at that. She missed her daughter dearly and couldn’t wait to see her again. 

The vampire soon asked about her brother. He was also searching for him as well. “Ha! My brother. We were reunited by my Uncle Clyde. That man…. Will. Over a hundred or so years ago met me in a tavern. Tried to hit on me.” She laughed at this. “I shot him down so hard, but he wouldn’t let up. I’m so happy that I didn’t give in to his corny charms.” They both laughed at this. Catching her breath, she smiled at the man before her. 

“Time for the pets.” She said as she looked up at the sky. It was almost evening and she needed to hurry to get home before it got any later. 

They both stood from the fountain and headed towards where they sold the pets. A smile lit her face seeing the small quiet puppy. He was brown and black with pointed ears, and slightly fluffy. “You would be perfect for my Freya.” With that, she bought the 3 month old pup. 

As they walked down the vendors, the vampire held the puppy in his arms, who was asleep. Katerina eyes looked around and couldn’t pick any animal for Freya. She was special in her own way like all the girls. She heard a small screech among the chirps of birds; towards the end of the row of vendors. Many of the birds were brightly colored. Some could sing, and others couldn’t. Katerina eyes caught sight of a small cage in the back. A baby dragon laid within it. “Well that won't do. I’ll buy him!” Katerina pointed to the cage, and after a long barter, the dragon was hers. For her daughter, Annette. 

Now, she only needed a pet for her eldest, Kiyomi. She already had a dragon horse, she couldn’t figure out what else she could get. They walked the vendors once more, the vampire beside her making suggestions. Then he mentioned the cats towards the end. Katerina glanced at most of them while he started to talk about a rare cat, the Lynx. He soon spotted one and Katerina nodded. That was the pet for her daughter. The kitten looked like a baby snow leopard. A smile lit her face as she bought the animal.

After all the supplies had been purchased, the vampire helped Katerina put her things in the card. “Guess this is goodbye..” Katerina said standing besides the cart. “Until next time that is.” She smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. She let his scent engulf her once more. “I had a great time, Nikolaus.” She stayed there for a moment in his arms, unmoving. She was no longer the little girl in the forest years ago. Now, she was a grown women who cared for the man before her.

With a deep breath, Katerina stepped back. “If you’re ever in Viren’s forest, don't forget to stop by… I live in Clyde’s old house.” She said hoping he would know. He nodded and they said their goodbyes

The wolf demon climbed onto the front of the cart with the assistance of the vampire. Their hands lingered for just a moment longer then normal, then she rode off towards the gates. His touch still lingering on her skin.