Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Splitting The Deal (P, R)
Ha Neul

Character Info
Name: Ha Neul
Alignment: TN
Race: Reanimation
Class: Soldier
Silver: 2521

The journey from the docks to the slums had taken longer than expected. It had become early evening by the time the two reached their destination in the slums. The beautiful architecture of the city began to take on more worn out and less appealing appearance at each step, as they transitioned from the main city to the slums. The clothing of the citizens became less bright and exquisite, and their chins were held much less high. Most of the residents of this area were clothed in worn, torn, and dirtied rags. The majority of the citizen's faces were also dirtied and unkempt, along with their hair, and their body odor was definitely more apparent, among varies other odors. Their facial expressions were much more hardened, angrier, and sadder. Shortly after their entrance into the slums, they were greeted with a series of desperately held hands. "Please," they cried out, "Just one silver for a piece of bread!" Followed by stories of, "My family is starving! I must feed my little girl." Others were more silent, eyes brightening with silent hope as they saw the two unique figures venturing through their territory. Ha Neul had walked past all of them nonchalantly, eyes remaining ever forward, focusing on her destination.

Before their descent into the slums, Ha Neul had taken a detour along the way, to visit one of Adeluna's storage places in order to pick up her heavier armor and equipment, in preparation for their bounty hunt. She often dressed casually within the cities, whenever she wasn't on a job. It was her attempt to blend in, and to try to draw less attention to herself. This tactic was exceptionally useful, especially during her eavesdropping adventures at the tavern. For weapons, she would generally sport a simple bastard sword on her side, along with a few additionally hidden 'surprises' within her pockets, belts, or boots. Yet now, she had a much different appearance, an appearance which much more obviously communicated the kind of lifestyle she lived. She entered the slums, dressed in black, tightly fitted dragonscaled armor, and a five-foot claymore on her back. It was a look prepared for battle, the look of a warrior.

Her scaled boots lightly sounded against the street, as she continued journeying through the slums, onward to her destination. Varies shouting could be heard throughout the streets; some from venders, some of anger, followed by a few, "Get back here!"'s. Shady dealers with mysteriously obtained merchandise motioned from the alleyways whilst dressed in shady clothing, while prostitutes gave flirtatious eyes and winks to their potential customers as they passed by. The place was an entirely different city and culture on it's own.

Eventually, they reached their destination; The Moonlight Brothel. Amongst the old, worn, and unappeasing buildings and citizens of the slums, the brothel building looked like some sort of paradise; an area completely separated and distinguished from the surrounding environment of the slums. Although, also somewhat worn, the large, three story, wooden building was surprisingly well kept in very good condition, even despite the frequent business it was used for.

The building sported a fountain in the front yard, and despite the darkness of the early evening, it's windows illuminated with life from the inside. The varies entrances to the inside were decorated with scarlet curtains. Above hung various articles of clothing, hung from the clothing line in a way similar to as if they were part of some tacky party decorating of some sort. Varies sounds from satisfied customers could be heard through the windows. A handful of the woman of the establishment stood outside. Despite their profession, they did not sport the saddened or angered faces of the majority of the surrounding residents of the slums, but they exuded an aura of great self-confidence. Additionally, they did not sport the dirty rags of the slums citizens, but were dressed in rather high quality clothing, similar to the citizens from the main city. Their faces were also well kept and clean, and little to any fault could be found an any of them, both in face and figure. From these observations, Ha Neul assumed that these woman were definitely the higher paid of this area, despite their location.

In the past, Ha Neul had sometimes pondered how such a place as this could thrive so healthily in a place like the slums. Now, however, after realizing who it's owner was, things began to make much more sense. She had not doubt that he kept the place well maintained, and generously funded. Additionally, although there were no obvious guards outside, Ha Neul also had little doubt that the place was still kept well protected. No wonder there hadn't been any word of large robberies or murderers from within this place. Anyone who attempted to do so, would most likely be handled very quickly.

Stopping in the courtyard of brothel, and folding her arms, Ha Neul took a few moments to examine the outside of the establishment, along with it's various residents standing outside. "You ready?" She finally asked to her new companion.
Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
As she had no idea where she was going Larka was forced to follow Ha Nuel through the city and through the slums. But before that they had stopped at where Ha left the rest of her gear stored, and Larka was impressed when she suited up in a full set of dragonscale armour. “I'd love to wear heavy armour like that, but my swordsmanship is too fluid for it.” Larka had confessed giving off a little jealousy, she would get to find some good quality leather armour at some point. They must have elves in these lands as well that made exceptional leather goods, since that was her preferred armour type. Combined that armour with the claymore that Ha now held and Larka was feeling confident at their chances of success in this mission. She hadn't seen Ha actually fight yet but anyone with that kind of kit and weapons probably knew what they were doing or they wouldn't have take the time, effort and money to invest in such gear.

As they made their way through the slums towards the brothel and Larka's heart ached for the people that called to them for help. When she heard the woman speak of her little girl Larka had to force herself to keep following Ha, and remind herself that she didn't have anything to give them anyway. She had a few coins on her but that was all. Maybe once they were done with this mission and they routed a crime boss things would get better? Larka hoped so.

Soon they reached their destination, by now Larka was feeling back to normal, her leg was sore but she could ignore that for now. Larka looked the place over the place, she had been to brothels before so this one wasn't that new to her, they had all the same air about them, mostly. Some of the more upscale ones sometimes called themselves “bath houses” and they did indeed have baths in them, along with people that you could pay to give you said bath, and more.

When Ha Nuel asked if she was ready, Larka reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder to the other woman's attention. “I am, but, what are going to do? Just walk in like we own the place and start fighting our way to the guy?” She grinned. “Cause that works for me.” She chuckled but then gestured to the woman standing out on the outside. “I've been in enough brothels to know a thing or two. Those women, while they are working women, are there to get people inside, and more than likely they are the guards, or at least they will report anything they see as suspicious, like us, to the real guards inside. They probably have already, I mean, you are standing here in full armour and I'm armed as well with one arm, not really normal. Once we're inside, I'd suspect that most of the workers will keep away from us, they know their place and will hopefully stay out of our way. Most of the regular customers, people off the street that come in for a good time, won't get in our way either once they realize what we're there for. Still, if they try to stop us, maybe try not to kill them, we're only after one guy after all.”

Larka glanced back to the women outside again and back to Ha Nuel with a grin once more. “And, you won't have to worry about me, I won't get distracted while we're in there.” She chuckled. “On your mark, lead the way, I have your back.”

OOC: Shawn
Ha Neul

Character Info
In the midst of Larka's advice, Ha Neul eyed the women outside of the establishment more suspiciously. It seemed quite logical, as Larka had explained, that these woman could very well be the guards of the establishment themselves, or at least the eyes for the real guards. She pondered how the situation would unfold, once they entered the building. She had a worry that if things got too out of control within the brothel, that they might lose the precious opportunity to find out the exact whereabouts of underground hideout as a result. Additionally, indeed, Ha Neul and Larka were far from ordinary figures, compared to those who regularly visited the establishment. She also hoped that their appearance, although suspicious, wouldn't cause too heavy of an alarm before they could find their true goal.

After taking a moment to digest all the information Larka had given her, Ha Neul finally gave a reply "I cannot gaurentee the safety of anyone who attempts to gets in our way, for they made their decision, however I shall do what I can." Upon finished this statement, she began making her slow stride towards the establishment. As they approached closer, the women standing outside of the establishment continued to remain unusually quiet. Ha Neul had expected attempts from them to entice her and Larka into spending coin, however they spoke such attempts. The women simply continued to gaze at Larka and Ha Neul, with confident expressions and smirks on their faces, in unusual silence, as the two approached closer to the establishment. The whole ordeal was a little odd to Ha Neul. For one, these woman seemed far too confident for their profession. Secondly, the smirk was a little unsettling. It was as they knew more about Ha Neul's and Larka's entrance, than even Ha Neul and Larka did themselves.

As Ha Neul began to walk towards what seemed like the main entrance into the building, the woman next to the entrance compliantly began to move aside in advance, allowing more space for the two to enter. Her gaze continued to follow them as they walked passed her into the establishment.
Upon entering the building, to the left was a counter, and a woman attending it. The woman had long black silky hair, and wore a purple colored slit dress around a slender figure. She raised a curious eyebrow at the two characters who had suddenly appeared in front of her, before speaking,"Ya two be looking for ya husbands here? Woe! I be feelin sorry for them!"

"Husbands, no. Looking for Linda." Ha Neul coolly replied.

"Linda?" The woman repeated back, rather surprised. "If ya two gals be lookin to get a job here, I don't think she'd be hire'n ya's. You'd be scarin off our boys." While the statement itself seemed rather blunt, the tone behind it was one that revealed a naive sincerity from the woman. She must have been young, in her early twenties.

Ha Neul's eyebrows twitched in a aggravated manner for a split second at the statement. Though it was only for a split second, the girl had recognized this, and began to make a nervous expression, "I…I..I'll be gettin her right now!" She nervously spoke as she left the counter, and somewhat hurringly left the room, closing the door behind her. Ha Neul took the moment to examine the room while she was gone. There was a red comfort couch and a few red comfort chairs for any waiting guests, along with a mini bar featuring various kinds of drinks on the shelf.
After a few minutes, the door opened again. Revealing the previous woman from the counter, now accompanied by another woman, dressed in a richly colored, scarlet, slit dress. It's elegance and rich color demanded attention around her hourglass shaped figure. Around her neck was a necklace of beautiful pearls. Two pearl earnings also hung on both her ears. She wore scarlet colored lipstick to match her dress, and had long blonde hair, which was tied up into a bun via hair sticks. Her chin held high, she exuded an aura of confidence greater than that of even the women who had stood outside of the establishment, which one might have previously deemed impossible. The woman's scarlet heels tapped against the ground, and she entered through the door, and made her slow and elegant approach toward the two women, both arms folded.

Greetings, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Linda, the overseer of this wonderful establishment. And may I ask what business you have specifically with me?"" Ha Neul was rather surprised by the woman's elegance and speech. She did not share the unrefined speech of the citizens of the slums or the woman at the counter. She delayed answering for a moment; as the whole statement itself seemed as if it would be rather awkward in this situation. However, she had a purpose in mind. "I am here to wet my blade." Ha Neul finally answered, speaking based from what she'd heard from Jiggs. There was a momentary silence in the room. The young woman next to Linda seemed the most surprised by the statement. She gazed downward at Ha Neul's pants, before being the first to speak, "But! You don't have a—

"That'll be enough for now, Ren." Linda interrupted, her stature and expression still naturally maintaining it's great poise. "Thank you for your services. Please return to you duties back to the counter. I have special business with these two."

Obviously and completely baffled, Ren complied, returning back to her position at the counter as she stared at the two guests with great confusion.

"Follow me." Linda spoke, as she began her slow and confident stride back through the door she had entered from.
Larka

Character Info
Larka nodded when Ha Nuel said she would do her best to spare those that they didn't need to kill but still got in their way. It was all Larka could ask for, since she was in the same position, if someone wouldn't stand aside or attempted to kill them they'd take the actions needed to keep themselves safe first and foremost.

Both women continued towards the brothel and Larka was keeping her eyes open for anything out of the ordinary, besides themselves of course. The women outside eyed them with confident smirks as they were allowed to enter, and, seeing as Larka was here on business, she was keeping herself in check by not checking out the women, well, very much. Still, something felt a little off to her as they entered and came to the woman who was behind the desk asking if they were looking for their husbands. Larka couldn't help but snicker at the idea of a wife finding her husband here, he'd be a dead man probably.

Larka allowed Ha Nuel do to the talking to the young woman, so she didn't see what it was that caused the young to suddenly stammer and run off to get Linda for them. But Larka grinned all the same as she looked around the place some more, a few of the women who weren't currently with a client were eyeing them in return. Larka eyed the bar, noting it for later, depending on how things went maybe she'd grab a drink on the way out. As she did one of the women who was only a few years younger than herself, came closer to Larka with a playful grin. ”If you aren't looking for your husbands, why you wearing that wedding ring?” She asked Larka.

Larka grinned back. ”Because my wife gave it to me on our wedding day.” Larka replied, glancing over as the door was opened and the woman she assumed was Linda came out. For her part the woman who had asked Larka the question smiled and stepped back again, not saying anything more now that her boss was in the room and in earshot.

Linda was all business as she greeted the two armed women, asking what they were there for. Ha gave the password, and the response from the receptionist made Larka chuckle slightly as Linda interupted and sent the younger woman back to her job. Special business? Larka narrowed her eyes, Linda was far too okay with two armed women coming inside for her liking, most mistresses of a brothel would at least question them about it.

As they headed into the room that Linda had come from Larka checked the corners right away, they seemed alone. ”Please, shut the door so we may talk in private.” Linda requested and Larka, being the last in, did so, but stayed close to it. Linda took a seat on her desk and took a sip from a glass containing some kind of liquor. ”I know why you're here, word already got to us, not all of Jiggs' men actually attacked you at the bar, one slipped out and got word that you were coming. Xavior knows you're coming and he's down below and ready for you.” She gulped down the rest of the drink, she was clearly stressed and was now letting it show out of sight of her girls. ”If you can kill him, please, please do, he's been making things here difficult for us, my girls can barely take it anymore, he takes more than half of their wages as 'fees for protection' he calls it, but he doesn't do a damn thing to protect us. If you go out from here, turn right and go down the hall there's a false wall that leads to the basement he's in, but, there's another way in, an escape tunnel. If you go back outside, around the back and into the shed under the floor boards is a trap door, it leads to a small tunnel that will take you to the basement. He won't expect it, thinks no one knows about him except for him and a few of his men who made it, but they talk when they're drunk, my girl's got it from them.”

Larka glanced to Ha and stepped closer up to Linda standing a lot taller than the other woman. ”If what you're telling us is true, we'll do what we can. But, if you're trying to send us into a trap, I will kill you myself, okay?” She smiled pleasantly, though she was thinking that Linda was telling the truth, she seemed scared though she also seemed to be a good actress as well given what they had seen so far. ”Go, so that we can talk in private.” Larka ordered and Linda nodded and left them alone and Larka looked to Ha Nuel. ”I think she's telling the truth, she seems scared. That said, she's a good actress to, and I'm willing to bet we're being listened to.” She paused and then shrugged, if it was true that they were known to be here and what for, no point in hiding anything, and it would show their confidence. ”I'm thinking this; since you have the armour, take the tunnel and block it, that claymore of yours will make it hard to get past you. I'll go in the front way and start the fun and push them to you. Once you're outside I'll give you five minutes to find the tunnel and get into position.” Larka suggested. ”Unless you have an idea you want to try?” She asked, maybe Ha Nuel did have a better, no point in not hearing it.

Ha Neul

Character Info
There was a lot to contemplate on. Additionally, Ha Neul was not one who easily gave trust. As Larka had mentioned, Linda seemed very capable of putting on a convincing act. Although she'd put on a good and confident show in the other room, she did indeed seem obviously stressed in the other. This made it even more difficult to discern whether she was speaking the truth or deceiving them. Ha Neul additionally found herself rather disappointed, by how word had already gotten out to Xavior before their arrival. She had wanted to challenge him with the element of surprise, always liking to be a step ahead, and it disappointed her when the opposite tended to happen. While she certainly did not fully trust the woman, neither her story, the information was still extremely valuable. Whether it was some sort of trap or not, they now would have access to their target, Xavior Blackblade.

"Blocking the tunnel is a very wise idea." She eventually agreed after her long thinking. "However, we do not know exactly how many men are in this basement, and if this is a trap or not. Should you be heavily outnumbered our outwitted, i'll only end up only waiting for a dead corpse of an companion. And if I wait too long, I may find my own self suffering the same fate. Furthermore, take into account, Xavier is already waiting and prepared for you to come through the front, as Linda told us. You haven't any idea what he's has planned, and additionally, you are going in alone, instead of with two." At this she paused, allowing the words of her musings to settle, which also gave her more time to contemplate on additional possible strategies.

"I told you, I normally work alone, yet Xavior Blackblade is a very formidable opponent. It was not an exaggeration. One trait among many, in particular, that makes him notoriously formidable, is his speed and dexterity in combat. Wearing equipment like this, you can guess, I do not match that speed and dexterity. Secondly, he's known for coating his weapons with some sort of muscle numbing chemical, which slows the reflexes overtime, allowing for Xavier to further abuse his strengths. This is how he fight's, and it's a very clever tactic. He is no common brainless thug like Jiggs. Xavior is in entirely different league. If he is expecting you, you can guess he has something very well prepared."

It was here, Ha Neul's previous profession and training as a soldier would reveal itself. "In the military we use a tactic called flanking. Whether a mercenary such as yourself is familiar with such tactics, I would not know. An outmaneuvered enemy is a defeated enemy. Yet, we lack numbers, and therefore a flank on our side has certain disadvantages; Should I unexpectedly surprise attack from the back, after their attention is fully focused on you, we leave the escape less guarded as a result, allowing for a higher chance for escape. The last thing we want is for our two-thousand silver to escape, and to find a new hiding place. We may not have an opportunity to find a second one." At this, she began to reach behind her waist area, in order to remove an item from her belt satchel, and bring it forward for Larka to see. It was a small warhorn of some sort. Although, Ha Neul would not yet explain what this it was for.

"Let's make Linda prove her loyalty." She continued, giving a suspicious look at the door. "Xavior is waiting for us. Yet, apparently, he trust Linda enough, to allow her to supervise the entrance into his hideout. Therefore, send her in ahead of you first, and make her reveal Xavior and the guards. She can distract and sweet talk them, in order to lower their guard. This should allow you to enter with a stronger element of surprise. Perhaps you may also be able to better examine and avoid whatever he may have prepared for you."

Her eyes still suspiciously gazing at the door, and the small warhorn still in hand, she began to slowly walk closer to Larka. Once she became close enough, she stood on her feet, in order to whisper in Larka's ear, "Sound this once, and it will be a signal for me to surprise attack and flank from behind. Sound this twice, and it will inform me that Linda has set us up in a trap. Flee outside if it's a trap, and I will leave the escape tunnel and meet you outside. Don't sound it at all, and I will assume everything is under control, and will remain guard at the tunnel exit." In the midst of this whisper, her hand was holding out the small warhorn, in order for Larka to take.

"You're right Larka." She suddenly spoke in a normal tone again, leaving her whisper, and stepping back. "I'd better stay guard by the tunnel. Be careful."
Larka

Character Info
Larka waited until Ha Nuel started to speak, and she proves herself to be one that planned for the long term indeed. She was tactically minded Larka saw, trying to work out every possibility that could happen once they kicked the hornet's nest down in the basement. Was Linda telling the truth? Was she trying to ease them into a false sense of security? If they split themselves up, would that give their enemies the larger advantage? When Ha came to the part of the poison Larka did interrupt at that time. ”To get the chemical in me he has to cut me, which only makes me stronger. My abilities gives me a natural resistance to such chemicals, as I can power through them and my body will purge them faster than normal.” Larka explained in short but didn't say more, instead she allowed Ha to continue, while she also produced a horn of some sort.

Ha spoke of having Linda go in first and prove her loyalty to them, and Larka liked that idea, kinda. She didn't like the idea of putting an innocent woman in danger, but, she was also suspicious of the woman, so this would would help prove what was really going on. Ha Nuel came close enough to whisper Larka instructions for the horn she had and Larka listened carefully taking the horn and placing it on her own belt. Before Ha Nuel moved back Larka whispered back. ”I have to put my sword down to blow into it, but, I will try. That said, if you hear a really bellow, almost like a dragon's rawr, come in and join the party.” Larka said simply, otherwise, she'd use the horn to sound their escape if needed.

Ha backed away and spoke normally and Larka nodded as she spoke very softly ”I'll wait five minutes before going in.” She waited for Ha to leave and then pulled Linda back into the room again with her. Linda looked confused as Larka smiled to her. ”Here's how this going to work; we don't trust you, not totally. So, you're going to go in ahead of me, enough that I can stay hidden behind but still can hear you. I'll follow you, you'll make sure I know where his men are if he's already got them in place waiting for us. If I even think a little bit that you're trying to warn them, I'll run you through myself, I'll make sure you'll due, but it won't be a fast death. Okay? Okay.” Larka figured that was about five minutes and Ha should be in place by then. ”Let's go.”

Together the two women went down the hall way and Larka waited while Linda opened the door and went in, Larka followed right away for now. Larka had her blade out and ready just in case as they made their down a little staircase and into the lower level. ”Okay, go ahead and I won't be far behind.” Larka whispered and Linda nodded, she was looking very nervous about all this but was so far going along with it.

The basement was larger than Larka had first thought, with a hallway straight forward with a few rooms off to each side. She assumed the back room would be fairly large and, at the moment, Larka could hear a few voices from there echoing down the hall. Larka wanted to check each room as they went and so she did. She glanced into each one as they passed, allowing Linda to get a little further ahead each time. But there was no one in the rooms, which, if they were expected, was rather odd. The Revear continued to follow Linda, glancing in each room as they passed.

She wondered how Ha Nuel was doing on her end.

[OOC: Catch up, and we can start the fun next turns :P Unless you come up with something, as you like, I didn't want to get too far ahead :)]

Ha Neul

Character Info
Ha Neul raised a curious eyebrow when Larka had mentioned about 'abilities'. As she had never seen the mercenary fight before, it was a rather peculiar thing for her to hear. Still, Larka seemed very confident in her ability to withstand against the chemical Xavior used, and so Ha Neul assumed she knew what she was talking about. Leaving room, she gazed at Linda with a narrowed eyed and suspicious gaze on her way to the next room, which would lead her out the brothel entrance.

"Done already?" Ren spoke to Ha Neul on her way out, in a naively surprised tone.

Walking back outside, she noticed that there were less woman outside than before. Although, it did make some sense, considering it'd gotten darker and later since her and Larka had first entered, Ha Neul still became a little curious concerning the matter. The women outside of the establishment glanced again at Ha Neul as she exited, however, this time they did not a hold their gazes on her, as they had done before. Instead, they gave their attention elsewhere, letting Ha Neul go about her business, as she made her way towards the back of the establishment.
Sure enough, there was a shed there, just as Linda had informed. Upon opening the creaky wooden door, she observed how dusty and cobwebbed the place was. It seemed as if it hadn't been used in quite a while. Rubbing her armored hands across the dusty floors, she eventually would find her intended goal after some searching; a faintly loose floorboard. Lifting the floorboard up slightly and peering under it, she saw her destination underneath; the trap door which would lead to the small tunnel. As she began to remove the floorboard completely, however, something would interrupt this process. Her ears caught the momentary sound of something ringing through the air, something metal.  At the sound, she instinctively dropped the floorboard and and jerked to the side, the metal object flying past her face and into a wooden post. 

"Going somewhere, honey?" Came a feminine voice from the shadows of the shed. As the figure moved in a few more steps closer, Ha Neul realized that she recognized this figure quite well. It was one of the same figures who had been previously outside, upon her first entry into the brothel. It was the woman who had stepped back, in order to allow more space for Ha Neul and Larka to enter into the main entrance of the brothel. Ha Neul could not forgot that disturbingly confident smirk, which the woman had gazed her with during her entrance.

Ha Neul stood slowly, giving a sharp-eyed gaze to the woman, while remaining silent. She was in the process of trying to figure out what exactly what going on here.

"Oh now, don't give me that look, hun. Did you really think you could just go full blazin into Xavior's hideout just like that?" The woman continued, that confident smirk upon her face once again.

"For a moment, I almost did." Ha Neul replied nonchalantly, entertaining her uninvited guest.

"Fact that you're here means one thing; Somebodies lips are too loose. I told Xavior it was only a matter of time before that bitch would sell him out, and look what we have here." At this, she began to reach her hands into her two belt satchels, one on each side. Pulling out two more daggers, one in each hand, she twirled them around rather adeptly. Ha Neul raised an eye at the act; A dagger thrower, that was something she didn't combat against everyday. 

Judging from the woman's words, it seemed as if Linda had actually been telling the truth. Ha Neul speculated that, since she wasn't being attacked by every single worker from the establishment, there must have have been some sort of split in allegiance between the girls. Either that, or Xavior himself had set up spies within the girls. A momentary worry came over her, as she remembered the current task. Larka was most likely on her way to Xavior now, and Ha Neul was expected to be awaiting for the next move; yet she would not be there. Not until, she finished up here, anyways. She slightly bit her lip. She needed to end this fast. If something suddenly happened in the basement that required attention, she needed to be there. Ha Neul was not one to break promises or let people down.

"I do not have time for you." Ha Neul spoke sternly. "Understand that if you engage me, you will have to face the consequences."

"Ohhh, big words. Let's see if you can back them up.." The woman taunted, raising her hands in preparation for another throw.

Ha Neul's hand quickly began to reach behind her, however the woman was not about to allow her an opportunity to unsheathe her sword. Two more daggers flew toward Ha Neul, and she began to reach for her strap. Instead of drawing her sword, she swung her entire sheathe around her and in front of her, blocking the projectiles with it, and charged at the woman, using her sheath as a sort of shield for incoming projectiles.
The woman reached back into her belt satchels, and quickly launched two more daggers. Ha Neul dodged the first dagger, and parried the second dagger with her sheath again, continuing her charge at the woman. The woman reached back into her satchel again, however by this time Ha Neul had closed the distance on her, and was not about to allow her to throw anymore projectiles. A powerful whoosh could be heard in the air, as she swung the large sheathed sword through the air at the woman. The swing however, would miss, as the woman quickly ducked, and rolled on the ground, getting back up in order to run further ahead, and gain another distance advantage from the armored woman.
Running forward, her signature smirk on confidence on her face, she reached back into both satchels, and turned around in order to aim another set of daggers. However, as she turned, what the woman would see next would cause he eye's to widen with shock. Upon missing the swing, Ha Neul had followed up by throwing the massive sheathe in the air, aimed directly at the woman. It powerfully spun through the air, it's distance too close and it's radius too large to dodge. The woman gave a painful moan, as the sheathed objected suddenly hit her side with such a strong force that it sent her flying a few feet forward to the ground. As the woman rolled over, painfully moaning in the process, she'd turned around again just in time to to see Ha Neul's charging at her once again, slightly jumping in the air, as she aimed a armored fist aimed directly for the head of the woman, ready to bring an end to the fight. The woman, however, was fast. It appeared that she wasn't just your average undercover harlot, but truly a trained assassin of Xavior. As the armored fist closed in, she swiftly jerked her head to the side, the armored first cracking the wooden floor next to her ear. Rather surprised by the unexpected dodge, given how quick and sudden it was, Ha Neul took another second before raising another armored first, in preparation for a second blow. Unfortunately, in that split second, she would be interrupted by a sharp set of nails to the face, along with a follow up dagger in between an armor opening on the side of her leg.
Ha Neul screamed violently in pain, as she stood up and stumbled back, moving a hand to cover the nailed scratch across her face, blood dripping in between her fingers. With the other hand, she ripped the dagger out of her side. In the midst the this, the woman made an attempt to stand back up, however, she moaned painfully again, louder this time, stumbling forward instead of making a full stand, as a sharp pain shot through her side. The heavy sheathed throw had been much more damaging to her body than she had realized. It either cracked or broke a rib, it seems. In her adrenaline, she had not felt it immediately, however, as she attempted to stand, the damage began to make itself more apparent.
One hand held on her bruised side, she reached back into her belt satchel with the other hand, in order to grab another projectile. As she did so however, Ha Neul launched the dagger that had been stabbed into the side of her leg at the woman. The throw was extremely sloppy and unbalanced, for Ha Neul had so much blood on her face, she couldn't quite see where she was throwing clearly. Sloppy or not, however, the throw had done it's job of momentarily interrupting the woman, as she paused to move away from the sloppily aimed projectile, whether it would've hit her or not, and gave Ha Neul a window of opportunity run at the woman, preparing to charge her back on the ground. The woman's eye widened in fear, as she saw the bloodied faced soldier relentlessly charging at her with roar. Upon collision, she gave another demonstration of her pain, this time in the form of a loud shout, as the tackle and collision brought even further damage and immense pain to her already wounded and hurting side. The weight of armored soldier on top of her, there would be no getting up. The bloody faced soldier, with her right hand, held the woman's neck in order to keep her head in position, in order to insure that there would be no more unexpected 'surprise' dodges. Then, she rose her armored left hand, preparing to collide it on the woman's face. "Wait!" the woman screamed, eyes widening with immense fear, but her pleas would be heard in vain, as the armored fist collided to the side of her face. Something scattered across the ground; they were a few of the woman's teeth. It had definitely been longer than five minutes

((OOC: Fun begins ^^))
Larka

Character Info
Totally unaware of the events outside Larka continued to follow Linda down the hall, until they came to the end and Larka slipped into the last room and checked it and then stayed for now.  Voices could still be heard, Larka was thinking there wast a least three voices speaking in turns, perhaps playing cards by the sound of it?  Linda moved forward and into the room and the talking stopped as man with a baritone voice spoke up.  "Linda, what are you doing here?  The voice asked with annoyance. "Where are the two that were going to try and kill me?"

Larka listened closely to Linda's reply.  "I told them of the back entrance like you said."  Larka almost jumped out and cut her down there and then but held back.  Only Ha Nuel had went, which meant that Larka's presence here wasn't known yet to Xavier and his allies in here, unless Linda did something to tip them off.

There was some chuckling at that news.  "Good, then my friend will have dealt with them by now, she can easily handle those two."  Xavier explained and Larka's heart lept into her throat; Ha Nuel!  Was she okay?  Had she survived the attack meant for both of them?  Larka ground her teeth, she wouldn't know and couldn't find out until later.  She had a choice, creep out and check on Ha, or, trust to that woman's skills to take care of herself and keep going?  "Leave then, back to your duties.  I'll get the bodies taken care of later."

Linda bowed and started to leave and Larka decided on what to do and stepped out, grabbing Linda and turning her around, and she kinda felt bad for what she did next.  "Now!"  Larka shouted and physically tossed the poor woman at the three now very surprised men.  She stumbled forward and one man got up and his blade out and ran Linda through, thinking it was a surprise attack, but it all gave Larka time to get the horn out and give it one loud blow to, hopefully, get ha Nuel down here.

Larka set the horn aside and drew his blade as Linda's body hit the floor, the Reaver did feel bad, sort of, but this was part of the job.  "Sorry, boys, but we corpses don't like to be kept waiting."  Larka said as she stepped a little further in and eyed the three men and their own swords.

Xavier looked over over for a moment.  "Well, you're not what I was expecting.  Tell me, sweetheart, you aren't from around here are you?

Larka grinned.  "Can't say that I am, haven't been here too long in fact.  I need the money on your head to make a start of things here."

I see, tell me, what was the horn for?"

"Makes me excited for a fight."

He seemed to believe her.  "And, Linda, you got her killed, she didn't betray you if you came this way.  But, I thought there was two of you?"

Larka chuckled.  "Linda was expendable, as for my 'partner', we had a falling out, I didn't want to share your bounty."

The criminal leader considered this for a moment and then sighed.  "Kill her."

Both of his men rushed the one armed woman, who thrust out with her sword and undid the special linkages in her sword to make it into its whip state.  But the forward momentum allowed the blade to snap forward and lance into one of the men's stomach, making him stop in his tracks.  They hadn't expected an actual attack so they were't wearing armour, seemed Xavier had great faith in his assassin.  Larka pulled her sword back and grinned to the last of the two men who had stopped upon seeing the exotic weapon being used, how was he supposed to fight that?!

Ha Neul

Character Info
The once rather attractive figure, trapped under Ha Neul's armored body, was now unfortunately a bruised and bloodied faced mess. In a way, considering Ha Neul's face had also been scratched and bloodied by fingernails, a similar phrase could be said concerning herself. The battle, while victorious, had not been as quick and simple as Ha Neul had imagined it in her head. Ha Neul had also not expected to have already suffered such injuries from battle, before even making it to Xavior. Her opponent's proficiency in battle had been underestimated, especially in regards to her speed. She stared at her defeated opponent for a few moments; As the assassin had clearly chosen her fate, Ha Neul felt no sympathy for the woman, especially considering the injuries she had caused, and delay she had made.

Ha Neul eventually stood, somewhat slowly, groaning a bit in the process, while holding her right leg. The stab itself was nothing too lethal, yet she wanted to be careful about not to bleed out too much. Gazing at the blood, which had leaked out from the small opening in her armor, she realized she would have to be more careful in next battle, not to apply to much pressure to her leg. The stab was incredibly precise; it'd managed to stab right under an armor scale. It was precision only a dagger could have been able to accomplish. The woman had certainly, without a doubt, been quite skilled.
However, Ha Neul was also not the average brute with a sword. Fortunately, she had minor training in arcane arts from her previous world. This minor training, had taught her how to harness the energies within her body, in order to speed up the healing process of wounds. While the average brute, without external help, would perhaps have taken weeks to heal such a wound, Ha Neul could reduce the healing process to a day or two. It was a relic from her previous world, one she doubted few to none of the soldier's and warriors here had any knowledge of. This technique, was not as efficient, as say, a complete healing spell, or a strong health potion, yet, it was better than nothing. Currently, however, Ha Neul had no time to sit and wait for hours for her wounds to heal effectively enough, as she had more pressing matters at hand. Ripping a piece of cloth from her victims clothing, she dabbed her face with it, in order to remove some of the blood out of her eyes, and then began to unfasten her leg armor, in order to tie the cloth tightly around her leg, which would slow the bleeding and increase the rate of healing.
Fastening her leg armor back on, with a slight limp, she made her way to her sheathed sword. After picking up the sheathed sword with one hand, she made her way back to the floorboard. Placing the sheath on the ground next to her, she crouched down in order to pick it up the floorboard again. Upon removing the floorboard, another sound was suddenly heard, this time, from underground. It wasn't anything blaringly loud, due to the fact that trap door was still closed, and therefore had muffled most of the sound, yet Ha Neul was familiar enough with such sounds, to perceive that it was a small warhorn. 'Her' warhorn. "Larka.." She mumbled anxiously, before hurringly opening the trap door, grabbing her sword, unsheathing it in preparation for her next attack, and flinging the sheath back over he back. The inside was dark; quite literally pitch black. The only way one could navigate themselves effectively through the tunnels was by touching the stone walls of the tunnel for guidance. Fortunately, the tunnel itself was not so wide, making it much easier to navigate through. Walking down a small group and stairs, she placed a gauntleted hand against the wall, with her sword still in the other, and began navigating her way towards the end of the tunnel, hoping to make it in time, in order to aid her companion, before something grave might happen.
Larka

Character Info
Larka's smile remained as she lashed out at the last guard. Her sword work involved keeping her sword moving, and snap attacks using the first few blade sections when it was in whip state as it was now. The man just managed to side step the blades as they whizzed past and he came forward with his own blade held ready. Larka snapped her blade back to normal again and their blades collided, he had the strength advantage, though not by much, and was able to hold her blade in check one handed. So his left hand was able to give Larka a punch to the gut, but Larka only grunted from the blow and only lost a little ground in the clash.

Without warning the Reaver backed away from the clash putting the man off balance as he went for another punch with his weight forward. He was forced to step forward once to catch his balance, which brought his bladed own along Larka's left side, she now had the practice of giving that side of her up to a coming wound, more often than not allowing a stab wound into her left shoulder, since it wasn't like she needed it anyway.

Larka snarled with the pain as the blade cut her but since she hadn't taken the time to avoid the blade, it allowed her the time she needed to attack. Her blade came up and she rammed it into his stomach, the blade poking out his back as blood started to spill from his mouth. She was looking over his shoulder at Xavier with a grin as she removed her blade and allowed the corpse to fall to the ground. ”I hope you can do better.” Larka smiled, her eyes already taken on a red hue because of the wound and her powers kicking in somewhat.

To answer her question Xavier nodded and removed two daggers from somewhere on his person and, as Ha Nuel had said, used his speed to attack. Larka caught he dagger strikes on her blade, but she was on the back foot from the start because of his ability to attack from two directions at once with the twin daggers.

However, that was really his only advantage, he wasn't that much stronger than Larka really and they were both human, well trained humans at that. Larka had become accustomed to fighting people that carried two weapons at the same time, so with their speed almost matched they went back and forth with trading wounds. Xavier would get in a lucky strike and then Larka would do as well, oh he had poisoned his blades, Larka could feel it already, but her Reaver blood was almost poison itself so it would take longer to affect her. Add in that each time he landed a wound Larka only grew to outpace his strength and Xavier was setting himself up for failure. That was the problem with fighting a Reaver; death by a thousand cuts only made them a thousand cuts stronger, and a mortal wound that didn't kill instantly was a death sentence for everyone around as their bodies went into overdrive.

The broke apart after a while, both bleeding from various cuts and gashes inflicted by the other, but Larka's eyes had become blood red at this point and she had never stopped smiling. ”What are you?!” Xavier demanded of her, realizing now that he wasn't facing just some random one armed woman, his numbing agent wasn't working on her!

”Your death.” Larka replied simply as she attacked again, having to keep the fighting going or her powers would fade and she'd be too tired to fight. The once more traded blows, but now Xavier was finding that Larka's attacks were hitting him harder, and he was struggling to keep her pushed back, if he could at all. Her muscles had tightened with the added strength from the wounds and the look on Xavier's face showed fear, as Larka was increasingly exuding an fear educing aura around her.

At some point Xavier went in on opening her saw with a stab using both blades together at what he thought would be Larka's right shoulder. But the opening had been planned and Larka had shifted positions and took both blades into her left shoulder instead, as was her usual now. Xavier was about to mock her until he saw that his attack had struck the wrong place and that Larka's eyes were now fully blood red and that same smile, though a little crueller now, still on her lips. ”Now you're fucked.” Larka spoke her voice dropping a few octaves in tone.

She rammed her head against his and that made him stagger back, releasing the grip on his blades as Larka was on him. She dropped her blade and took hold of his throat lifted him up and slammed him through the table he had been sitting at. He crumpled through it and Larka looked up to see Ha Nuel, when had she come in, Larka wondered?

Larka reached into the ruined table and grabbed him again and threw him now across the room into a wall, and then grabbed and threw him into another wall. Now when she went to him she grabbed him by the hair and lifted his head up, his nose was broken and bleeding and he had bits of table in his skin as well. ”I'd do worse to your face, but we need them to know it's you to collect the bounty.” Larka growled as she let him go and removed the daggers that were still stuck in her shoulder and got her blade again.

Placing a foot on Xavie'r back Larka looked to Ha Nuel. ”Do they want him dead or alive?” She asked, if dead she'd finish him and take his head, if alive she's kick him in the head to knock him out and they drag him out the back she figured.

Once that was all finished, and whether Xavier was dead or alive, with the fight over Larka's powers quickly ended. She groaned as her eyes returned to their normal grey and slumped to the floor as all strength left her while she gasped for breath. ”I'm happy to see you're alive, how are you?” She asked of Ha Nuel and after a moment got to her feet again, sheathed her blade and found a bottle. The Reaver opened it and sniffed, haha, rum! She took a long, long drink from the bottle before taking a breath and then finishing off said bottle on the next pull. She found another bottle and opened it, it was some kind of booze so she poured that over her wounds to clean them out a little, wincing as she did. ”Well, that was fun.” Larka chuckled finding yet another bottle to drink from.