Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > A Blacksmith's Welcome (O)
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
Regi had been toiling over the forge all day, smoke from the coals tainting his clothes and skin with patches of soot, as he walked into his cramped office washing his hands in a bucket of cold water he looked over papers with taxes and profits while also gazing over drawings of designs with many turning cogs and steam engines of course he would require money to make them reality and took it more as a hobby, he changed from his work clothes into a clean pair slightly less torn from the days work and went downstairs to the counter where his mother was serving the last of the customer before smiling at Regi before heading inside to cook dinner.

He had always enjoyed the view of the outer city watching the children run by leaving the schools or the nobles walking from shop to shop with their baskets full of food he knew they would never come into his blacksmiths for anything but yet he found his eyes drifting across the crowds looking for potential buyers mostly adventurers or guards were his biggest customers coming in to sharpen rare swords or repair armours or just popping in to browse his skill, it may not be the cleanest job in the world but it was safe from the monsters in the world these people fight off just to find some treasure in a dank cave.

Regi had heard about all the ongoings from adventurers of the upper city strife with crime but anything must be better than living in a one room house with half of the space taken up by a large roaring forge he thought to himself leaning against the counter before he heard the familiar ring of the bell connected to the door he looked up seeing the figure enter.

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
The meeting with the head of the House Raymond had went by smoothly, as he had thought it would. Accompanied by his manservant, Xunatar (or more so Lord Bastion as his alias) had spent the last few hours conversing with him over tea at the mansion deep within the city. His host was highly interested in him every since word arrived of his recent move into Adeluna and grew curious of the new lord’s business and fortunes and offered a warm welcoming to his new estate. Of course his guest eagerly accepted and as time went by, his words wrapped around him like silk. They enveloped around his mind and with each passing second, the fool believed more and more of his lies of wanting to secure an alliance of sorts and how it would benefit the both of them. In truth, all he would end up with was a broken home and spirit, but there was no rushing such things. The game would only get dull if let finished right away; that wasn’t the god’s intention.

The raven haired, green eyed lord bowed before his host as he and Saddler took their left for the day.  Adeluna had much more to offer than just one noble house, and he was interested in sinking his nails into as many as possible. As they departed, Saddler had a long case in his hands, and it was another reason why they took residence here. “There are many blacksmiths around here, my liege. Preferably, I would have picked those of Endapano to deal with a task so delicate.”

His master kept his eyes forward as they walked yet addressed him all the same. “I know you are right in that regard, but with everything set up for us in one spot, it does save us time.” Saddler offered a bow in respect before falling silent. There were plenty of smiths about here, it was just a matter of who stroked his fancy. His eyes, always shifting about his surroundings, looking for a potential smith that would take upon the meaningful task.

Eventually Lord Bastion settled on upon one shop not too far from Raymond’s property and entered inside. His eyes instantly fell onto the young fellow there and walked over with the grace one would expected a blue-blood to wield. “Good eve, sir. I’m in the search for a talented blacksmith to handle a very delicate matter. Would you happen to be the blacksmith here?” Raising a hand up, he signaled for his servant to walk towards him and present the case. With a quick finger, Bastion undid the latches and rose the case open to reveal a beautiful curved sword.

“This blade right here was said to be once bathed in the waters of a former deity long ago. I honestly don’t believe that such a thing could fall into man’s hands, but it is a family heirloom passed down for the last seven generations. Unfortunately as you can see, it's become dull and is in need of some repairs. I was hoping that your shop may take on the task since I’m still new in these parts and don’t know much about the blacksmiths here. But I am willing to pay handsomely for the job being done.” His green eyes looked on warmingly and a friend smile cast at him. “So what do you say, sir?”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
kingcrasy

Character Info
He heard around town that a young looking lord had recently appeared in town with that Regi smirked at the thought of finally having a pay worthwhile of all his hard work as he looked up and down the Raven haired man followed by a brigade of servants, he leant on his counter giving a smile barely holding his excitement "Greetings to the Sunflower" he allowed himself to chuckled at the name "Where we're so bright we can fix anything" he gazed at the case the servant put down looking all around the sword hidden inside with its engravings and curves of the blade the blade did look magical in its own right maybe the tale the Lord spoke of was true, Regi later scoffed at this notion wondering why a deity would allow a sword this powerful on a realm of mortals dragging his eyes away from the sword he spook with confidence, "50 Silver for Sharpening, 100 for Alloy Mending, 200 For Engraving" the eagerness to mend this weapon present in his disguise.

After the request was certified Regi slid on two hardened leather gloves lifting the blade with a struggle carrying it towards the forge before turning and beckoning "Would you like to watch to avoid any fishy business?" he spoke with his cockney accent slipping through as he approached the forge gathering a strange red dust that he sprinkled on the metal before waves of heat and light started to surround the forge before Regi started hammering causing sparks to land and fizzle out, this strange method of blacksmithing was Sun Scorch Powder gathered in the north of the realm and simple alchemic trick his father taught all his students, like a Maser artist the young blacksmith took his time hammering out the impurities from weeks of battle or neglect before sliding it in a well of oil letting the blade be set alight before it was also dipped in water to cool it to a temperature perfect for grinding the sharpness back, the stone slipped easily along the blade sparking when reaching a curve and once done the sword was simply placed back into its case.

As Regi reached the top of the stairs with the customers he mentioned "The metal used in this weapon is beyond rare, I dare imagine the adventures and treasure you must have been on to gather enough gold for this" Regi sighed imaging the lands outside the kingdom "But here I am a simple blacksmith with dreams of Nobility and Adventure when all I have is barely enough money to get by, a Self-taught education and a weird sounding shop" he returned the case to the servant before waiting patiently for the man to open his purse. 

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Lord Bastion looked on with some glee at the liveliness of the young fellow. Despite the attributes of his shop, he was humble in his actions and behavior. “Lovely catchphrase. I’m sure there is a lot of merit behind such a saying here.” While he paid close attention to the Blacksmith’s disbelief, he mentally paid it no mind. The story was pretty farfetched for most to believe the rumors anyway about the sword. Did he believe it? Likely not but it did had to its value. “Ah, that is fine. I will pay whatever is needed for it to return to its former glory. No price is too big.”

While his manservant watched on as the repairs were to take place, the lord stumbled about, looking the shop up and down leisurely. “That will be fine. Most don’t work well under such pressure. You must be a very driven and talented smith to have an audience watch while you work your magic.”, he spoke as he continued to observe his surroundings before his eyes finally came to the actual smithing. There were many difference that this man took from other smiths and it was intriguing before the nobleman. He did have quite the bag of tricks. “My lord, his smithing is…”, Raymond begun before his master hushed him. “I know…”

A pleased smile formed from his lips and he took a few steps closer to watch, but still far enough not to intrude on Regi’s space or endanger himself. When it was all said and done, the sword was returned to its case and given back to the Raymond for safekeeping. Baron gestured for him to open it and after looking it up and down, he was pleased. “Ah excellently done… “ Retrieving the sword, he ran his finger along the curved edge and felt its sharpness penetrate it. Crimson dripped from the wound and he cleaned it up with a handkerchief. “My boy, you are very talented in your craft.”

“The heirloom had been found my ancestor many moons ago on his way back from Abed. It looks far better now than it did when I first laid eyes onto it when I was a youngster.” He reached into his pocket again, this time retrieving a large pouch filled with coins and handed it over to the man. “There’s more than what you’d asked for, but I figure you deserve it for returning the prestige towards my blade. And perhaps some of it will assist you in your dreams…” There was well over five hundred coins handed over. Looking over place one more time, the lord looked as if he was thinking something over for some moments. “I know, why don’t you come over to my house for dinner and we can discuss more of your venture. Perhaps I may be able to help you out even more..”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
feyrearcher

Character Info
Name: Feyre
Alignment: CN
Race: White
Class: Fae subspecies.
Silver: 1322
Feyre sauntered into the shop, scowling at the tinkling noise of the bell above the door. Stepping inside, she removed the hood of the heavy dark cloak, revealing locks of wavy pink hair, and two pointed and pierced ears. She breathed in deeply, the acrid tang of metal causing her to scrunch her nose.

She walked up to what she assumed was a very excited blacksmith, and a very rich customer. Her leather boots clunked against the floor and the white dress she bartered off a piratess swished with each step. It was a stupid deal anyways, she couldn't breathe with the maroon corset wrapped around her middle. Pulling a stack of papers out of her satchel, Feyre looked between both men and smiled.

"Hello boys. I need to borrow the smithie for a second" She said in a teasing, carefree tone, and held the papers out to the man covered in soot. "I need these designs brought to life. Just name your price"

kingcrasy

Character Info
He looked at the designs with a grin "Of course I can do this on the way to this nice man's house" he rose his eyebrow at the Lord curious "If it's okay for one more to join us sir?" he asked before starting to gather materials for her designs counting each one with ease and adding it to the total of sale, "This is quite a hefty design due to the materials being used so I would say 300 silver plus whatever this man requests since you'll be coming with us to his meal while I finish it" already drawing sizes and blueprints onto a scroll.

He took off leaving the two people to talk as he got changed and tried to scrub the soot of his skin that has been dyed darker through endless hours in the forge throwing on his nicest shirt and putting his apron on the back of his chair he left the room wishing his mother well before looking at the lord, "I don't know why you wish to talk to me about, but for a free meal I'll do anything" he chuckled grinning widely.

feyrearcher

Character Info
Name: Feyre
Alignment: CN
Race: White
Class: Fae subspecies.
Silver: 1322
Feyres sculpted brows rose as she took in the price. 
She wasn't always willing to cough up large sums of money, but for this crafted blade, any price was worth it. It was a design she called Sword Breaker. A long gleaming blade with teeth near the base. When a sword gets stuck in the sharp strong teeth, a simple jerk of the wrist will snap the blade. 

"I need it made of the strongest material you have. I can cover the price difference" She said flashing him a sweet smile. 

She looked back at the rich customer, studying him carefully. He radiated power. Not only magic, but also in his personality. He must be a king or lord of some sort.