Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > An Honest Mistake [open-r?]
Winds of Destruction

Character Info
Name: Kazunari
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Blademaster
Silver: 130
This isn't going as planned, he thought as he inched closer to the cell wall.  Wrong place, wrong time.  He let out a quick sigh.  It was too dark to see anything of use, but he swore up and down her could hear rats.  His usual calm demeanor was being tested at the consistent sounds of water dripping off in a corner, and every so often he heard a rattle of a chained criminal down the way.  It looked bleak, but Kazunari was remaining calm, if not slightly irritated. 

It had happened quickly; a thief had ran by him in the streets, pushing an item of interest into Kazu's grip.  It was more than likely a ploy to throw off the guard, and as far as the swordsman could tell, it had worked.  The guard had immediately arrested him as an accomplice to the crime, and tossed him in the jail cell to rot. 

Another sigh.  They would probably never hold a trial, perhaps even forget that the man existed in the cell.  He let out a calm breath.  It should not be too difficult to break free.  He stood up, stretching himself out.  His eyes were beginning to adjust to the lighting.  Good.  He smiled, and walked to the cell door.  He placed his palm against it, and focused.  He felt the bond inside of him work it's power…the ancient pact that he had created with a wind spirit to grant Kazu the use of its magic.  A powerful burst of wind impacted the internal mechanism of the lock, forcing it open. 

Too easy.  He slipped through the now open door, looking around.  No guards.  Odd.  I'm getting lucky.  The corridor that held the cells was warmly lit, surprising despite the status of the cells.  Down the way, Kazu heard the soft sounds of a snoring guard.  How original, he thought to himself as he walked down the corridor silently.  The guard was, indeed, sleeping at his desk.  As almost cliche as it seemed, Kazu was thankful.  The guard's blade was laying on the table next to what Kazu assumed was a mug of some strong alcohol, by the smell of it.  He grabbed the blade, and swung it experimentally to test the weight.

It's not what I would prefer, but it's better than nothing.  He made his way out of the dungeon block, and up the stairs to what he assumed would be a main hallway in a castle.  He was not native to Adeluna, and it worried him that he would be unable to find a way out.  If there was any consolation, they never asked his name, nor made any attempt to truly record Kazu's presence.  It's almost as if the Gods are smiling upon me.  He arrived at the top of the stairwell.  He was in luck.  The entrance to the dungeon was separate from the main castle itself.  An odd design, but not without it's benefits, Kazu thought.

It was easy from there to escape the courtyards with all the coming and goings of the castle, and Kazu once more found himself in the streets of the city, albeit now broke and without his gear.  Still, it wasn't much….I'd rather cut my losses and move on.  He let out a soft sigh, and made his way one more through the open city.  

I'll get to it eventually.
That One Kid

Character Info
Name: Illiyana
Alignment: CN
Race: Fallen Angel
Class: Mage
Silver: 126
Perfect, Illiyana thought, stepping out from the pillar she stood behind while she watched everything unfold. I love it when it's so easy to go with the plan. She gave a little half smile and stepped toward the sleeping guard. "How're you doing, Maris? I bet that'll be the last time you ask to see what's under my skirts, isn't it?"

She places a hand on his shoulder, almost as in a comforting manner. Eyes turn gold, a surge of power, and suddenly, he's no stronger than he would be on his death bed.

She doesn't even bother to drag him into the spare cell like she had with the rest of the bodies of the other guards. No, she had more important things to do. As she walked towards the door, she thought to herself, So what exactly is my task?  

Who knows who gave it to her? Ever since she had been thrown from Heaven, the only memories she'd had were training as a mage, and the words: 

Follow the accused one; where he goes, you are needed

echoing through her mind.
That One Kid

Character Info
Perfect, Illiyana thought, stepping out from the pillar she stood behind while she watched everything unfold. I love it when it's so easy to go with the plan. She gave a little half smile and stepped toward the sleeping guard. "How're you doing, Maris? I bet that'll be the last time you ask to see what's under my skirts, isn't it?"

She places a hand on his shoulder, almost as in a comforting manner. Eyes turn gold, a surge of power, and suddenly, he's no stronger than he would be on his death bed.

She doesn't even bother to drag him into the spare cell like she had with the rest of the bodies of the other guards. No, she had more important things to do. As she walked towards the door, she thought to herself, So what exactly is my task?  

Who knows who gave it to her? Ever since she had been thrown from Heaven, the only memories she'd had were training as a mage, and the words: 

Follow the accused one; where he goes, you are needed.

echoing through her mind.
Whatever that meant. If she could keep her wings and be cast from the Kingdom of Glory, she could certainly stalk a so-called "criminal",
Sigurdson

Character Info
Name: Blue
Alignment: TG
Silver: 990
A week had past since Blue fell from the sky. He had stayed with a family of fishermen, whole slowly regaining the memory of his magical abilities. He was on his way to buy new fishing equipment when he almost tripped on a 
little girl. She looked 13-14 years old. " Im so sorry", he said. Suddenly he took a step back. Being a mage, he couldn't help but notice the immense magical aura, the girl emitted.
That One Kid

Character Info
Slamming down onto the hard cobblestone, Illiyana was flushed with rage. 
Jumping to her feet with the agility of those who traveled with the fools of entertainment, she roared, "THAT IS THE LAST TIME ANYBODY DECIDES TO WALK ALL OVER ME! YOU'RE GOING TO PAY, YOU-"

A surge of energy flowed through her, and like the sudden gust of wind that comes from the stray unclosed window snuffs out the nighttime candle, the fireball she was about to conjure was extinguished in her hand. 

A strong burst in her chest exploded, and she knew: this was the Accused One, her task. She had felt him hours ago, but a raging throbbing in her temples canceled her receiving the energy he gave off.

"It's you," she said, suddenly breathless. "I finally found you." 
Xallithelid

Character Info
Name: Xallithelid
Race: Illithid
Class: Mind Flayer
Silver: 30
Xallithelid knew he had to act. This new one, who called himself blue, was important. And this little girl… she was full of hate. it was obvious he had done something to upset her, but what, he didnt know.

And he didnt care.

He ran from the shadows of a nearby tree, launching a fireball the girls way and rotting her mind at the same time. This one was tough, he knew. He continued his magical bombardment, launching a mind spike and physically weakening her. he snatched up the man, caring not for his strugglings as he already had a magical enchantment of strength put on himself, and ran from the young woman, making sure she wasn't pursuing them.

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you are an idiot.
Sigurdson

Character Info
Before Blue got to react to the girl's fury, it vanished. Her expession was that of suprise aswell as relief. "It's you". "I finally found you". Before Blue could ask her about what she was talking about, something snatched him up from the ground. The creature possesed an enormous amount of strength. No matter how much Blue struggled, the creature wouldn't let him go. Blue heard the sound of fire soaring through the sky. "What is going on" he cried out om confusion. He proceeded with unleashing painspikes into the mind of the kidnapper, hoping the pain would make the assilant drop Blue. If not, at least flinch.
Xallithelid

Character Info
Xallithelid cringed as he felt the painful barrage of mind spikes enter his head, but he kept running, yelling "Stop struggling, i am here to help!" as he went past. knowing the girl likely wasnt too far behind if she was giving chase. Just to make sure, he lugged another fireball her way and mindrotted her again, hoping that would buy the time needed to get out of the courtyard, and away from that evil looking girl. He ran as fast as he could into a nearby building, not knowing what it was for until he nearly plummeted into a massive pit. even then, he had no idea what it was, deciding to take a route around it.

Sigurdson

Character Info
The strange girl didn't chase them. Blue got a look at his kidnapper, and was horrified. The creature carrying him looked like some kind of demon. The monstrosity had a round head, glowing blue eyes and tentacle coming out where it mouth should had been. The black mage armor he was carrying was decorated with skulls hanging from the waist. Blue quickly used a weakening spell on the target as well as strengthening spell on himself. The mage broke the fiends grip around him, swiftly landing on the ground next to a massive pit. The assailant had taken him into an abandoned building. "Who are you!?" Blue shouted. "Why are you trying to capture me?!". The only light source was the opening in the house , where the door should have been. Dust was swirling through the air, slowly defending towards the ground the bottomless whole covering most of the room.
Xallithelid

Character Info
The man broke free of his grip, but he had to continue running from the girl. he simply replied "You are important, and the girl wanted to kill you." before he grabbed the man by the neck roughly and started to levitate, going over the pit. He dropped the man at the other side, and continued with "I haven't a clue why i need you, because you seem useless, but my gut tells me you are needed for something, whatever that may be."

Xallithelid was quite surprised indeed when a dozen hunched forms entered the hallway leading to them, howls marking them as lycanthropes. What the hell kind of prison is this? he wondered as they started to come towards him and this man who was so important. He shot a lightning bolt their way, tearing through one completely and knocking another against the wall. He knew from their approach he couldn't kill all of them before they got to him.