Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Jasumin Lake > Dreary Lillie's [P][R]
Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Name: Lyra Nyström
Alignment: TN
Race: Human-Djinn
Class: Bard
Silver: 711
Lyra had found herself near the eastern side of the Jasumin lake. Stories of giant lily pads had drawn the Djinn this far and that is where any traveler or passerby could find her. Perched on a lily pad that was floating most near the shoreline. She was sitting as near the center as she could, legs crossed (Indian style) and her delicate wrists resting on her knees. Fingers, pointer, and index were connected to form tiny circles, like that of a Hindu goddess. Mediation was important to this Djinn; it helped her keep her raging emotions in control. A cruse that she had struggled with her entire life. Sometimes she was kind, others she was nasty and for the most part, she…was in a constant state of dreariness.  So today the Djinn sat upon this strangely large lily pad, floating with the current of the Jasumin lake she listened to the water as it rolled and felt the breeze as it moved her long silvery hair as it passed her by. It was days like this one that she cherished, and it was placed like this that she adored most greatly for they helped her mediations be successful.
Also, she was always hoping to meet someone.

"Into each life, some rain must fall" - Lyra.

Evridiki

Character Info
Name: Evridiki Iseult
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Angel
Class: Vigilante
Silver: 63
Heavy metal boots clinked as Evridiki walked along the edge of the Jasumin lake. A poor family had asked her to find the man who'd robbed them of their few valuable belongings and bring him to justice, and her search had led her here. Surveying the area, she noticed a lone woman resting on a lily pad, seemingly deep in meditation. Although the half-angel hated to disturb someone so calm, she knew that she needed information. Perhaps the girl had seen something? Tucking her wings close and straightening her armor, Evri carefully approached the water with a hand resting on her sword. "Excuse me, miss!" she called out, using the gracefulness of her voice to (hopefully) off-set her intimidating appearance. "I was wondering if you could assist me. I am searching for a criminal and have tracked his band of thieves to this location." Her gleaming red eyes skimmed across the lake, but at this point in the afternoon, they were practically alone. Though she could always head over to the nearby inn, she wished to avoid being in such a crowded tourist destination for as long as possible. "He calls himself Osai. Tall, lean, black hair, human. Have you seen him around here?" She brushed a thin strand of hair out of her face, the chain mail rattling as she did.

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Dual colored eyes snapped open at the sound of another. They drifted until they landed upon the source. It was a woman? Clearly she appeared female but Lyra felt there was more to her than just that; part something else rather then human. 

Lyra observed the hand upon sword; a precaution Lyra did not blame her for. If it wasn't for the gentle natured voice Lyra may have been intimated, or flown into some type of emotional rage. 

But she wasn't. Lyra had seen a rather odd looking group of travelers. But that had been much earlier in the day perhaps maybe around mid day even. 
"Not recently no". Lyra spoke softly…a faint a distant echo laced most of her words, it was a strange phenomon but at the same ime it wasn' as dramatic as one would think. It did though help those realize she was something other than simply human. 

"But before mid day there was a strange looking bunch" her blue and white eyes rolled toward a different direction from them. "Heading to that zigzaggy bridge…" 

Lyra once more observed the woman. "Whose askin?" 

Evridiki

Character Info
Evridiki squinted her red eyes at the girl suspiciously; she was clearly more than she seemed. Perhaps the half-angel would have let her alone if she was not so pressed for information, but the girl had actually given her a lead. Carefully nearing her, Evri took note of her odd eyes and melancholy attitude. "Ah, perfect. Maybe you can help me find out where they were headed," she stated formally. She was here on business; always on business, never time to make friends. Her hand reluctantly left her sword and extended out toward the girl, hopefully for a handshake. Or something.

"My name is Evridiki Iseult. I'm a huntress, of sorts," she explained making intense eye-contact as she tried to figure out what mysteries this girl was hiding. "I would be very appreciative if you would kindly help me locate these scoundrels." If nothing else, at least the girl could identify who she saw, assuming she would even recognize any of them. Judging by her aloof attitude, Evri was not entirely sure if the girl was all there. "I promise that I shall repay you for your service. What can I call you, ma'am?" Her feathers ruffled tensely as the time stretched on where her sword was left unguarded. Her gentleness was faltering a bit, giving way to some doubt.

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Lyra had noticed feathers and this rather intrigued her. Lyra had decided that it was time to ditch her perch upon the lily pad. Once standing the Djinn literally stepped off the lily pad onto the water, took a few short steps across its surface before coming to rest upon the shoreline directly near Evridiki. What she had done was a form of "water walking" if you will - the Djinn had used the soft current of air above the surface of water and sky as her hardened surface which had given the illusion as if she could walk across the impossible. 
"Evridiki Iseult…" Lyra rolled her name around a few times both outwardly and inwardly. "Iseult sounds…like I have known it before" or something close to it anyway.

"I am Lyra Nystrom" Lyra forced a strange half smile. "First and last of her name" and now she giggled softly to herself half bizarrely. No, she was not all there her emotions changed from here to there but her standard one was dreary and neutral. "Why do all say that?" Her silver-haired head tipped dramatically to the side, she was questioning the I shall repay you for your service statement. "want to see them?" 

The Djinn moved closely to Evridiki; uncomfortably close. Before the Half-angel could answer the Djinn Lyra grasped her hand. Her skin was unusually cool and if one looked closely it was the faintest of blue and glimmered like water crystals. Her eyes, those mismatched blue and white spheres stared directly into Evridikis red ones. Her white eye began to glow a soft warm white glow - small little cracks emerged across her porcelain-like skin yet only nearest that white eye of hers, and if Evridiki did not fight it the Djinn would transfer the images in which she had seen earlier that day. 

The first image was the least clear but the second showed her arrival here as Jasumin Lake. Lyra had encountered a band of fellows; ruffians she called them on her way to the giant lily pads so she could partake in some much-needed meditation. One of the men who had dark hair like the majority of the group stopped to stare at her and mock her for having what he called a blind eye. Lyra clearly ignored them but you could feel the inner struggle Lyra had been battling to keep herself from switching into an unkind character. 
the third and last image was of Lyra sitting on the lily pad, humming to herself. 

Lyra let go of Evridikis hand. "Help?" Now Lyra may not have been able to identify them but perhaps the half-angel could do so herself. Lyra was still extremely curious as to what Evridiki was though so when she had finished showing her all she had she leaned a bit to the side attempting to glance at the woman's wings. 

Evridiki

Character Info
Even her well-developed instincts failed to warn her of Lyra's intent as she grasped the girl's hand. Gasping from shock, Evridiki found herself unable to pull away and reach for her sword, captivated by the vivid and blurry images that filled her mind. Vaguely, she could distinguish one face among the blur of others that seemed to fit the description that the family had given her. Presuming the man was Osai, he would surely be easy to track down if he treated everyone so horribly. Then, the visions ended abruptly, causing the half-angel to flinch, defensively tugging her hand back to the hilt of her sword.

"How did you do that?" Studying her a bit more closely this time, Evri recognized her strange eye from somewhere. "Are you Djinn?" she asked, slightly softer. Of course, she knew of Lyra's race from her childhood days living in Zets'Ki. The Djinn and the angels were allies– they still might have been–so she had encountered more than a few of her kind. Which meant that she also knew what they could do when upset or angered. Smiling awkwardly, Evri twisted around while still keeping an eye on her, stretching out a wing as an offer to let the girl touch it. "If you accompany me, perhaps you will find justice for the rudeness with which they spoke to you. But I will not force you to come along."

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Lyra flinched randomly. "Yes…Half-Djinn actually." That would explain why she only had one Djinn eye (white) and one blue human eye. Lyra forced a bit of a smile; due to her being a half-breed she had always been looked down upon, half-Djinn were more unstable then full Djinn's especially the ones who possessed elemental traits like Lyra. Lyra was from the family of Air Djinns; a moody bunch. She, of course, would mean no harm to Evridiki and do not harm to her for that matter. "You remind me of the angels from when I was little" Lyra spoke plainly to Evridiki. 

By now Lyra had taken two steps back so that Evridiki could have her space back. The Djinn ran her hands along the sides of her thighs as if trying to flatten out her strangely "poofy" clothing. She dressed like a Typical Djinn in her strange pants and curl tipped shoes. But it was not nearly as dramatic as say a Genies garb, genies were different from Djinn and a lot more flamboyant if you will.

"I shall join because I have nothing better to do." She shrugged. She was not the type who looked for Justice she was just bored, lonely, and it seemed like an interesting adventure. "I think they made camp at the other end of the lake if i recall" 

Evridiki

Character Info
At Lyra's clarification, Evri's mouth twitched, nearly forming a sort of smirk. She was beginning to like this girl, at least more than the countless other people she had met during her travels. "Just as well, if you ask me," she assured her with a comforting tone, though without relaxing. Evridiki could understand the struggle of being both feared and looked down upon. Most angels saw her as a bastard child, while many humans merely wanted to befriend her for her powerful genes. These presumptions were what kept her holed up in her home for most of her younger days. She hoped Lyra had fared better than she had. "…Half-angel,"  she corrected with a smirk. 

Evri quirked an eyebrow at her strange response, questioning her sense of judgement. "Okay, but this might get a bit rough. I trust you can handle a fight," she stated, the words coming out as more of a challenge than she had anticipated. Wisps of her white hair blew around her face with the breeze, and she could feel it on the shaved portion of her scalp. Pointing in the direction of the opposite side of the lake, the half-angel asked, "They went over yonder, correct?" Her armor rustled with every movement, surrounding her with the constant sound of clanking metal.

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Lyra could most definitely handle herself in a fight if she had too. She also realized the risks but they seemed to not be that important to her. Lyra nodded her head firmly. "That they did." Now Lyra had not entirely shut out the warnings of Evridiki and though she did not say anything in regards to them she silently thanked the half-angel for their indirect concern. Lyra had a strange sense of judgment and she typically went where ever she thought would be worth the effort it took to get there and this case Lyra definitely figured that if this ended in a fight or if Lyra simply got to witness a half-angel hunter in action that was good enough for her.

The Djinn laughed lightly to herself. "Nice to meet another Halfie". Lyra had it better than most half-breeds but seeing as half-Djinns weren't nearly as popular as other halfling races she had a difficult time growing up amongst her fellow Djinns. Lyra was, however, the opposite instead of forting herself up in her Djinn village she was always getting in trouble for roaming where a Djinn or human should not go. Lyras biggest struggle was that since many Djinns appear human-like, except for when they are in their Djinn Form something Lyra had yet to perfect, was that she always confused for a blasted Genie. Lyra was no a genie, nor did she grant wishes or live in a lamp! 

"Shall I lead or you? Does this Osai know you're looking for him?" Lyra tipped her head bit to the side again. If Evridiki wanted Lyra would happily act as a decoy. 

Evridiki

Character Info
Halfie was an interested nickname that Evridiki was not sure she liked, though she hardly said as much. Adjusting her breastplate over her chainmail tunic, she began trodding through the grass in the direction of Osai's camp, beckoning Lyra to follow. True, she could have flown and made the journey easier, but she had learned throughout the years to keep from giving away all of her abilities too early, as this might give her opponents an advantage. At her question, she scoffed, already remembering what the girl herself had shown her of the man. "I doubt he suspects he's being followed," she assured the half-Djinn, furrowing her eyebrows in clear scorn. "Bandits like these are always the most arrogant. They reward themselves for attacking the weak and defenseless." She scowled, reminded of why she was on this mission and why it was necessary for her to complete it.

Shaking her head, Evri kept her eyes forward. For a brief time, she had allowed Lyra to capture her attention, but she was very aware that any sort of friendship would be rendered obsolete. She was leaving as soon as her job was done. Soon, a few tents came into view at the edge of the lake. Few people were scattered around doing miscellaneous tasks. Some were enhancing their various weapons, while another small group sat playing cards around a crate. Stepping forth, the half-angel drew her sword from its sheath. "Attention," she announced, her gentle voice now replaced with one of booming authority. "I wish to speak with the leader of this camp. Where is Osai?" At this, a few of the bandits snickered, but some heeded her warning tone, retreating into their respective tents. While she awaited Osai's arrival, she instinctively stretched a wing out to protectively cover Lyra. Obviously the girl would have enough power to hold her own, but the thought did little to ease her worry.