Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Confess [P][Event]
Fleur-de-lys

Character Info
Name: Lysandre Albaret
Alignment: LG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Defender
Silver: 0
The Hanging Gardens, one of the most famous landmarks in all of Parvpora. It was beautiful when you didn't think about the history behind it, but he could hardly think about that now. His heart was pounding, looking to see if Poppy was here yet. No signs of the two troublemakers, especially after all the effort he had put in to make sure he wasn't seen. As hard as it was, he had transformed into a bat and flew all the way up to the first level, then continued moving to the top. He had promised to meet her at the docks, but with each passing minute he was worrying if something–or someone had gotten in the way. His blond hair was longer now, and he had it pulled back. Sitting by the water, he picked up a lotus with a deep reddish pink. It was hard to believe it'd been years since they first bumped into each other, literally.

He thought heard a familiar voice, and quickly shifted into a bat to duck inside the plants. The bright colors of the gladiolus and daisies helped blend in the golden-furred bat for the time being. The only problem would be after shifting out–hopefully Poppy would make it here before other crowds did. His parents were also going to be here too, which reminded him. Today would be the day when they both broke the news to everyone. Would it be too sudden? Maybe they should have started small leaving hints first? There was only one way to find out now…

Poppy

Character Info
Name: Poppy Rose-Porthyrius
Alignment: CG
Class: Shifter
Silver: 2086
Poppy took a long hard breath. Today would be the day they told everyone their plans. Their friends and family had been asked to gather. Though they hadn’t told them for obvious reasons. Poppy’s hair was half pulled back in a braid that was pinned together to create a flower on the back of her head. Long red curls ran down her back. She wore an off-shoulder white dress with gold accents around the top, waist, and ends of her long sleeves. There was a slit up the left side. Over all, it was rather plain but it was perfect for today.

A mask in the colors of her leopard form was on her face. It had cat ears and whiskers. Her stormy gray eyes looked through them as she made her way through the crowds so she could find Lysandre. Today was a big day for them. Together they would share their joy with their family and maybe even the world who was there to witness. She almost lost her breath a few times but maybe it was because she was worried about how everyone would take it.

Finally, the shifter made it to the docks and folded her hands together. “Hello, Lys…” It took her a few moments before she came over and sat with him. Lifting her hands she held the lotus with him. Her eyes were filled with all sorts of happiness as she looked at him. “I’m nervous about today.”

Fleur-de-lys

Character Info
When he heard Poppy heading to their meeting spot, he found his way into some shrubs to shift back. There he had stowed his own mask, a white and gold-rimmed domino mask with layered feathers. He was wearing a white shirt under an embroidered tunic with a red sash. When he saw what she was wearing, it was almost too perfect how they matched. As they sat together, he could tell he wasn't the only one who was anxious. Their hands held the lotus flower, one on each side. He moved his hand closer to gently interlock his fingers with hers. "Me too. But, it's now or never…I'm sure they'll be happy, your parents and mine." Lys smiled, not as awkwardly as before but still having a little shyness. "I'm sure my mother will be happy and surprised."

And to think it all started when he went to visit his mother's cousins, the first time he went to Sularia. Poppy was still bold as ever, no different from the time they met again in Lady Angela's gardens either. Her family was so vibrant, you would never feel alone. Looking up at the floating lanterns in the sky, he whispered to her. "Let's make a wish right before we let it float. Cyril said people tied their wishes to lanterns before they let them go in Nisshoki. I guess sometimes he actually does pay attention to things." He already knew what he would be wishing for, Poppy probably knew too.

A little while back he asked his younger sister to be a lookout in case she caught wind of the twins. She agreed, and said her signal would be a bird call that would be easy to hear. He should've asked her which bird call before she ran off, but he hadn't heard anything out of the ordinary just yet. His sister was on the other side of the garden level, in a green cloak and light green dress reaching her knees. Her blonde ponytail had fresh sprigs of juniper tied in and her mask was more like a framing of yellow maple leaves circling the top of her face. The twins were coming in fox masks, how appropriate. Belen's mask was white with red while Cyril's was black and gold. 

Once the lotus was set adrift, the raucous chattering of a Feeorin kookaburra clashed with the dancers' music. Right away Lys frowned. "Oh no--they're here." He was sure that was the signal, even though he hadn't seen the two troublemakers rear their meddling heads. He squeezed Poppy's hand, looking at her.

Poppy

Character Info
Name: Poppy Rose-Porthyrius
Alignment: CG
Class: Shifter
Silver: 2086
His fingers comforted her as she smiled up at him. “Today is the perfect day for it. They’ll love the idea or get used to it I’m sure. Nerine will be ecstatic… She has been since she found out we were courting.” There was a chuckle from her.

Her gray eyes studied his as they settled on making a wish. “That sounds like a great and wonderful idea… We can set a lantern off after we tell everyone too…” There was no shame in having multiple wishes but right now only one mattered. “I wish… for Lysandre and me to be happy together forever.” There was a blush across her cheeks. It had been whispered between her and Lys only. Only he would ever hear her wish right now.

The two of them together had a chance at something wonderful. Today they would be dropping that bombshell on their family but not only that. They had gone out of their way to ‘kidnap’ one of her mother’s clergy members. Sworn to secrecy Anemone had agreed to do their ceremony. A promise ceremony. A true betrothal.

Poppy leaned over as they let the lotus go and she lightly kissed Lys. She heard the bird and at first didn’t mind it until she saw Lys’s frown. “Great… and we put so much effort into them not noticing us…” She took his hand and grasped it with a squeeze in return. “Let’s run Lys… just like when we first met. We can make it all the way to the top of the rings and hide there… It won’t be long now.”

Another kiss from her to him… and soon they were running up the flight of stairs as if no one else mattered. Her heart was beating hard. She didn’t want the twins to notice them but at least if they made it to the top… She knew that everything would be alright.

Fleur-de-lys

Character Info
Lys thought he wouldn't be surprised when Poppy had pulled in one of her mother's clergy into this, but when he saw who she had reeled in it still happened. With the signal loud and clear, they had finished their wish and were running together–just like back then. The first time she took his hand was when she was running from a group of angry children, but this time he felt it was his turn. "Poppy, I have a better idea." When she kissed him he could feel his face flushing, but he continued with what he wanted to say. "I'll fly us up–I've improved my flying a lot from three years ago."

Letting go of her hand, his arms shifted into a pair of great wings that sent him upward. Fully shifting into a large, golden-furred bat he looped his feet around her arms and lifted her into the air. With the beating of his wings, they sailed high into the skies while gasps were heard from below. He had been practicing with his pakpak in secret, planning to show her how much he had improved. It was a little earlier than he intended, but today it felt like the perfect way to reveal his progress thanks to her help. His flying was much more steady than the crash landing he had in Elysia. All this time Poppy was the one pulling him out of a pinch, and now he could return the favor.

Spiraling up and up, he saw the open area on the top ring of the Hanging Gardens. Using the floating ring of lanterns as a guide, he made his descent into the center. Carefully letting go of her arms, he settled down a few feet from her and shifted back. His cheeks were red, but he was alright. His heart had been pounding the while time for a lot of reasons, but he finally did it. "We made it! I can't believe it!" It was the first time he had taken someone as a passenger in that form!