Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Even Pixies Get Sad [O]
Morticia

Character Info
Name: Morticia Nouhime
Alignment: CE
Race: Pixie
Class: Necromancer
Silver: 1089
Garin was loved as dearly as any child could be. He was the grandson of the guild master, and a powerful witch. The son of a tortured soul whose body was host to a demon and a pixie. As young as he was, he had great potential. Due to the demon housed in his father, Garin was at great risk as well. Having the ability to speak about him, even to a complete stranger, was a great gift. How long has it been since she even allowed herself to dwell upon the mere thought of him?

Gale asked to dream, and Morticia repositioned herself on the woman's stomach, staring up at the sky with her. She listened, allowing the words to pull her away from the pain of her reality, to heal her heart which had its iron wall ripped as a bandage torn off. The drifter spoke of a dream once gracing her sleep of the hanging gardens, beautiful with her descriptions. If the pixie had to be completely honest, this was the closest place to be alone away from the demanding succubus. Then the sphinx shared the true story of the gardens.

Morticia's heart felt weighted by the new found grief of such a tale. To hold such love for another, work so hard to gain favor only to be ignored. "I didn't think pixies could fall in love. It happened so fast, that when he disappeared, I searched high and low. Already feeling quite inadequate, I worked to master the ability to be of service to him. When I found him again… I felt as if I had found home, that I would forever remain lost without him. Here I am, lost without them both, and I wish with all my heart that these years have been nothing but a big, terrible nightmare."

Perhaps, the man was infatuated, but had not found his true love? Surely, there was one out there for every soul. Some happen to never meet, some realize that their mate was there for so long already. Others happen upon them in their lifetime. How many realize what happened and stayed, and haw many failed to see and lost them forever? "Most pixies don't leave their forest, mischievous pranksters that they are. We can be mean, but never have we forced mortals to dance until their feet were raw and bleeding, and continue on until death. I left before I became that terrible. While I enjoy the occasional joke, I wanted to see the world, explore and learn, to understand the humans in a way my brethren didn't understand." In fact, it was at the behest of another pixie that encouraged young Luna to break from the pixie horde, live her own life, long before she took the mantle of Morticia.