Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Wonders of the World [O][Event]
Mezereon

Character Info
Name: Mezereon
Alignment: CN
Race: Elven Deva
Class: Diviner
Silver: 0
In the time they had spoken with each other, Liselotte could see that Gale was feeling better. She wasn't as sad as she was before, and more importantly–her prior hypothesis had been proven correct. It would appear that all the fire-haired dream-walker needed was a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. She too had learned much from her questions and Gale's answers, but they were only a means to an end. Her objective had been achieved.

"Well said, Gale. I couldn't have phrased that better. Though be sure to remember, there are times when you must rely on the wisdom of others to avoid that which you cannot see and solve that which you do not have the solution to." Turning to the young girl, Liselotte smiled. "I've learned that it never hurts to ask, but thinking that asking for clarification is unnecessary does. As a former student in Iria, this is something all good scholars learn quickly should they desire to succeed. Two heads are better than one, as you can solve problems twice as quickly."

Gale nodded, listening attentively. "I will keep your words in my heart, and at the front of my mind. Thank you, for your advice." Liselotte shook her head, and sat beside her. "No, I should be the one thanking you. You've given me quite the lesson today on something altogether new. Thank you for your willingness to share your teacher's knowledge and wisdom with me. Are you feeling better now?" The other girl nodded. "Yes, I am." Pleased, the alchemist clasped her hands together and brought them close to her chest. "Then my work here is complete. If I was able to help just a little, then I will consider it a success." 

The sun was starting to cast hues of gold and warm orange on the sky as it dipped lower. Standing up, the half-elf dusted off her dress and smoothed the folds. "Ah look at the time, it seems the sun will be setting soon. If you would like to stay here for a bit longer, don't mind me. The stars and the aurora are lovely this time of year and there's not a place in the world where you can have such an unobstructed view of the night sky at this altitude. Now, I must be going. It was good to meet you, Gale."

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
Kazahana

Character Info
Name: Sanaki Kasuga
Alignment: TG
Race: Oni
Class: War Priestess
Silver: 0
Time had flown like a bird with the wind beneath its wings. Sunset was approaching, and the golden-haired woman was preparing to leave. Giving a nod and a bow, Gale said to her in turn. "The same could be said for me. It was a wonderful meeting. Safe travels wherever you walk, and may the winds always be at your back." After parting with the blessing, the other woman descended the path to the lower levels of the gardens, leaving Gale by herself again. When she could no longer hear the sound of footsteps, she looked to the sky. Faintly, she could make out the shape and colors of the river of light that would soon return to the heavens. Wrapping her sash around her like a shawl, she watched the sun sink lower until the horizon was ablaze with vivid pinks and blues before fading to black.

In the time she had spoken with the other, she was reminded of the lessons she had learned in her days as an apprentice. The lessons Master Rashaad would teach her and the other children, and the long hours meditating over riddles without a clear answer came bobbing back to the surface. "This too must be a trial then." The dream-walker mused to herself. "I had nearly lost heart and fallen into despair, had she not appeared before me. Ah Master Rashaad…surely you must be praying for me. I will await the day when I can return to you and everyone, and  to our beloved city of Karkhata." 

As she laid down to sleep, the stars seemed to twinkle as if winking at her. Somewhere beyond the stars and lights in the sky, she knew her loved ones were waiting. She too would wait, and persist. Hope rekindled, she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

"Be as swift as the wind, as silent as the forest, fierce like fire, and immovable like a mountain."