Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Shattering [Open][R][Quest]
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Truly he had no interest in these sort of affairs, but the demon found himself stepping into the gardens just the same. As typically, his appearance stroked at the flames of his vanity; unlike most of the men that wore dress clothes and suits, Xunatar preferred the silk crimson robes with golden trimmings. Though he didn't wear any footwear nearly as much as the next person, he actually wore black knee boots this time. It was a formal occasion, after all and he wanted to dress to impress.

Upon his face was a half drama mask that covered the left side of it while his long locks trailed neatly behind him. Oh he could hear the lovely trumpets and the violins with their sweet melodies as they filled the air around, joined by the laughter of the other guests. Love was in the air, they say, but it was all rubbish to him. Perhaps it was the greatest lie most would tell themselves and would believe. He watched them from afar, eyes observing the false sense of security within them. Mortals were always so gullible to take everything face value; if only they knew better. Time and time again he has seen love destroy their kind and yet they continue to believe in fairy tales and dreams. What he had observed over his life was nothing from them but lies, betrayal, adultery from this so called feeling.

The demon hardly felt as though he could stand this nonsense, though he’d prefer it over his current problem in his son’s mother. She was able to get underneath his skin and it was something that Xunatar didn’t appreciate. But he didn’t wear his feeling on his sleeve and he retreated from the crowds for now in search of something that would fancy his interest. He moved onto the grounds were rows of lanterns were gathered and he lifted a finger to one of them. Just as he was about to touch it, he felt something strange and withdrew his hand back. A puzzled looked came across him before he turned to see a man standing behind him. A elderly man who seemed worse for the wear that pointed at the demon. “Would you do an old man a favor and help me seek out my love? I have made this place for her long ago to win her heart, and yet she has rejected me.” He stepped closer. “Perhaps time has changed her mind and we can finally be together again. I will gladly reward you for your efforts, young man.”

Xunatar tilted his head to the right softly, mentally laughing at the fool for he had heard the tales before. It was unlikely even as their flesh had been stripped and nothing lies in their graves but bones would the woman he sought come to him now of all times. “Why, certainly”, he smiled warmly. He cared not for repairing a broken soul nor uniting two kindred spirits- he wanted to see this all fall into the pits of despair. He wanted to see the man’s soul fall further into the spiral. The promised reward merely only added flavor to this delicious situation.

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Alistar Evee

Character Info
Name: Alistar Evee
Alignment: CN
Race: Angel of Death
Class: Healer/Summoner
Silver: 290
Alistar had entered the garden, oh how he dreaded the place. It reminded him of his home in the sky, where he will never be able to go again. Alistar sighs, tears on the brim of being unleashed to the world, to show the world his weakness. Why did he have to come here? To this place that reminded him so of his dear home. He was a fool, he never should have helped a demon. Becoming a fallen angel wasn't the worst of it, it was seeing these places of such beauty that it reminds you of a forbidden place to you that was the worst. As Alistar bites back the tears he continues to walk around the garden, looking at every part of the beloved place. Desperately trying to find a trace of his past life. When there was none to be found he quietly fell to his knees in the center of the garden and wept.

You are all just pieces of my game. I control the board and your lives with it!
Xunatar

Character Info
The ghost’s face beamed with delight over Xunatar’s “generosity” to assist him. After so long, he held onto the belief that he could win his lady’s heart once and for all, but his eagerness to accept the demon’s help wasn’t going to end as he thought it would. He knew how this would likely end, but he kept quiet about those tidbits for now. It would be far better to see it all unravel before his eyes and words wouldn’t do such fun justice, not one bit.

“You mustn’t worry, I will help you in what is clearly your dire need”, he spoke towards the ghost as kindly as his tone could muster. Beneath the pretty words though, a slick smile made its presence briefly before the facade came back. “Now, how can I be of help?”

“Please, find my love. She is an exceptionally beautiful elf. Her hair as radiant as the sun, her eyes as vexing as the moon. Find her for me, so that we can be together forever”, he replied. Xunatar gave a slight nod and bow before he turned away to start looking. If her soul was imprisoned here as well, for whatever reason, then he’d be able to find her. He took his leave for now to look for the elf, his eyes surveyed the area, studying guest by guest before quickly concluding that it was likely that she was someplace more private. With that in mind, he went away from the sight of others and ventured into a floor that wasn’t as crowded. While he looked through the gardens, he could hear someone crying. The devil thought for a moment that it was the poor little elf that wept, but alas as he came across the source, it clearly was not.

It was instead a man there, but there was something off about him. While he couldn’t put his finger on what about him was intriguing, he could barely stand the blubbering from his wails. This stranger was a lot like the ghost that mourned for his one sided love. After some time, he sighed and ventured closer. “Pray tell good fellow, what is with your tears? Tonight is a joyous occasion!”, he exclaimed with his arms spread out from his side, exaggerating the situation. “The only one that mourns tonight is the man who built all of this before us so long ago. He cries for a love he could never have in his lifetime and now wishes for her approval as he haunts the grounds.”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Alistar Evee

Character Info
He stares at the figure through red eyes. "You may think that days such as this are appealing, but as I am myself, and every part of this world reminds me of the home I lost, no day can be a joyous one. I pray tell that those wretched beings can hear my weeps of sorrow and feel their shame." He exclaims, holding the tears to stare at the man with a blank face. "I sense what you are and I feel saddened by it, for it was something such as you that got me thrown from my home, into this place so much like it." He didn't even know the man and still had such ferocity to someone so kind, but someone such as himself was not going to fall for his petty lies, he knew what was beneath it.

Xunatar

Character Info
Apparently the person he stumbled acrossed wasn’t here for the festivities. It hardly sounded as though he had a choice in the matter, which was…odd. Xunatar merely stared at him with an inquisitive look over his features and his arms fell back into place at his sides. The weeping was dying down now and he could see that this man was clearly not human, though he himself was unsure as to what he was at the time.

His eyes narrowed oh so softly when the accusation came that someone or something of his likeness was the cause of this being’s being outcasted from whence he came. If Xunatar had no idea of what this person was, then surely the same could be said the other way around. That is unless his companion had possessed such sort of spell or item that could truly inform him of who the demon was. Anything less than those would have just been pure accusations and he wouldn’t blow his cover now over such barren comments.

Keeping the smile across his face, he waltz around the man as if he was matching up to the beat of the music that was still playing for the rest of the party. “My my, didn’t anyone tell you not to speak before thinking, my dear man? After all, I can assure you that there is nothing in this realm like myself”, he said smoothly, yet there was an air of threat lurking beneath his tone. Even if he was proven to be a demon, he was unlike most of them for he possessed something they didn’t- a competent mind. Far too many of his brethren would prefer to spread destruction through bestial methods, while he favored a more cunning approach. The very approach that he was lurking the man into now.   

“Now, why do you say such things? I have no idea of what you are, nor of what caused you to be thrown out of your home.” Xunatar came full circle to him, keeping that never ending grin as he begun to dissect the situation before him.  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Alistar Evee

Character Info
"Your deceptions do not fool me! I can smell you, your stench. Though I must say, your scent is much more sophisticated than many others. But, less sophisticated than the person whom I helped, that got me banished from my garden in the clouds. So it is much easier to sense your deception then his." Alistar scoffed, he was not going to be fooled again. All his life there has been deceptions, but now, it was time for them to stop. "If thou is not what I think thou are, then why bother talking to someone such as me?" Alistar sneers.

Xunatar

Character Info
The talk of deception being casted over him was lost to Xunatar. Not once had he lied to this stranger, especially because there had been no reason to. The man obviously liked to hear himself talk, that was for certain. But he made the grave error in giving him what he sought; the bits of information to the holes he left out through their brief conversation. He had underestimated the devil before him and inwardly he was laughing at his feeble attempts to prove himself better.

“Sweet native man, all that I have spoken have been true”, he grinned and then let loose a shrug of his shoulders. “Obviously this person you speak of didn’t have to be a master of the art to fool the likes of you. Nor would anyone at this point if you were so haughty to give up such precious information. Didn’t anyone tell you not to spill secrets unless you have to?” Clicking his tongue, Xunatar looked over him again. It was starting to make sense to him as to what he was dealing with. It was particularly the mentioning of garden in the clouds that made him aware.

“Are you daft? I believe the initial reason for me conversing with you was that you were blubbering like a child while at a festival meant for…happier times. And as I stated before, the man that crafted all of this around us lingers as a ghost searching for his love.” Whether he was believed or not was irrelevant; Xunatar was starting to lose favor with this encounter. Besides he was to carry on this search because it was entertain him to no end to watch a ghost get crushed by rejection. Not to mention reaping in the rewards. “Carry on your sadness, and you may find yourself haunting here too one day like the gentleman.” With that, he paced away from the broken entity and renewed his quest. The elf should have been around these parts, he just needed a clue to where she could be residing.

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Alistar Evee

Character Info
"Go on your way then. Continue whatever it was you were doing before coming to me in my broken state." Alistar sighs, realizing what he had just done. "You are much more different than I thought. Farewell………stranger." Alistar was careful with the last of his words, not wanting to disturb the stranger more than he already had.