Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > A Story of Unexpected Events [P]
Melianme

Character Info
Name: Aisling Melianme
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/Warlock
Silver: 635
It was a quiet and blissful evening in the Hanging Gardens. The skies above her were clear and bright as the sun began to set in the distance. It was a perfect evening for a private concert and Aisling Melianme was more than happy to oblige.

The young half elf had only recently been accepted into the Bard College that was located in the magnificent floating city of Tarishtar, and it had been a great day indeed for her. She had hardly been at the college more than a day, and already she had collected a smattering of fans. It was truly any bard's dream. As a matter of fact she was there that night to perform a private concert for… well, if she had to guess, he had to be an elvish Lord or noble of some sort. He had been impossibly beautiful, even for an elf, and he had been there listening to her play outside the College. When he asked her to perform a private concert for himself and a couple of his colleagues, Aisling had jumped at the opportunity. It was every bard's goal to gain a following, and to make their name known throughout the lands, and private performances for nobility were some of the best ways to do just that.

She was rather grateful that she had decided to be a little more practical in her dress that night, for climbing to the very top of the Hanging gardens might have been quite the feat wearing fancy shoes. But it seemed that she was ahead of the game for she had arrived before anyone else. She took the initiative and got all set up with her instruments and picked up her harp and began playing softly.

She was sitting and playing for a good little while, and Aisling began to feel that maybe she had been set up. If this had all been an elaborate prank, she thought she might cry. She was about to give up and trek back down the tower, when the sun finally dipped down below the horizon. Suddenly little tiny ghost lights flew into the air around Aisling, creating a very eerie atmosphere at the top of the Hanging Gardens as they created the floating blue-green orbs of light that hung about the air like lanterns, and created a glowing path down the walkway. Aisling squinted down the path, down into the growing darkness past where the ghost lights gone. As she looked into the dim, figures appeared, walking serenely and talking softly amongst themselves. They were moving so smoothly that they were practically gliding, but at the same time, they were not moving quickly.

Aisling was transfixed as the figures drew closer and moved about the Gardens, talking amongst themselves softly. Realizing that she was neglecting the reason she was even there, Aisling picked back up her harp and began background music for the visitors while they milled around. As she played, she saw the man who had approached her in Tarishtar, and he came close to listen as she played. He didn’t speak, but just stood there and watched her play for a few moments until another man approached him and gave him a nod. “It’s time, Thaliborne…”

The first man turned and raised his hands and everyone turned to pay attention almost instantly.
“Friends, we are here because I have discovered what I believe to be a true talent. So I ask, please listen with open minds and hearts, and perhaps she will touch you as she has me. I present for your listening pleasure, Aisling Melianme.”

Aisling stepped forward and looked about at the faces that stared at her intently, expectantly, and she felt the twinge of nervousness. She squared her shoulders and began playing her harp, the sweet sounds of the strings she plucked lifting upward into the air and sky. She opened her mouth, and the her voice carried clear and strong in harmony with the tune she played, the lyrics telling a story of a woman asking her true love to remember her whenever he saw white roses.

She sang for hours, but time seemed fleeting, until finally, she began her final song.

“Her father lived in the north-country, and he had daughters 1, 2, 3
The swan swims so bonnie ho…
As daughters walked by the river’s brink, the eldest pushed the youngest in.
‘Sister, sister! Pray lend me a hand! And I will give you house and land!’
‘I’ll give you neither hand nor glove, unless you give me your own true love!’
Sometimes she sank, sometimes she swam, until she came to the miller’s dam.
The miller’s daughter dressed in red, she went to the water to make her bread,
‘Father! Daddy! Here swims a swan! It’s very like a gentlewoman!’
He laid her on the bank to dry, and there came a harper passing by,
He made harp pins from her fingers fair, he made harp strings from her golden hair,
He made the harp from her breast bone, and straight it began to play alone,
He took the harp to her father’s hall, and there was the court assembled all,
He laid the harp upon a stone, and straight it began to play alone,
‘There doth sit my father the King, and yonder sits my mother the Queen,’
‘And there doth sit my brother Hugh, and by him William, sweet and true,’
‘And there doth sit my false sister Anne, who drowned me for the sake of a man…’

When the last tones of the song died out, Aisling looked up and about, expecting an applause of some sort. However, she found that she was very much alone, with the exception of the impossibly man, whose name she had learned was Thaliborne. She looked around, confused at how she had not noticed the others leaving, when Thaliborne approached and spoke.

“You have done beautifully,” he said as he came closer. “It has been a very long time since I have heard such talent. I was not disappointed tonight. I do believe that your last song was truly your best,” he said.

Aisling smiled and thanked him. “It really is a tragic tale, though,” she commented. “To be murdered by your own kin simply because they wanted to steal your true love. But then to be turned into an enchanted item that could tell your story to the world… that is a truly remarkable tale,” she said. “I think that is why I decided to perform it.”

“You were truly inspired,” Thaliborne agreed. “Such an item would be unique. Powerful even.”
“If it were to actually exist, I suppose it would be. Maybe even heavily sought after. But surely it is just a story,” Aisling said as she turned to set her harp down.

“And what would you do, if such a relic existed?” Thaliborne asked curiously.

“I would search for it. The journey alone would make for a wonderful epic, I am sure,” she replied.

“Would you bring it back to me, and perform for me again?”

Aisling looked at the impossibly beautiful, her brows furrowed slightly, but she nodded slowly. “Yes, if that is what you would wish,” she said, unsure of how he really expected her to answer.  This brought a smile to the man’s face. He lifted a hand and extended to her a golden bracelet, decorated with expertly carved opal roses.
“A token of my admiration,” he told her as he slipped the bracelet over her hand and onto her left wrist. “I look forward to seeing you perform again,” he said with a smile before he turned and vanished vanished down the path without a trace.

After a few stunned moments, Aisling looked to the bracelet and tried to take it off to examine it closer. However, she found that no matter how she tried, it would not fit over her hand, in fact, the bracelet seemed to shrink in size until it could only rotate around her wrist comfortably, and black markings that looked like thorny vines seemed to extend from beneath the bracelet and wrapped around her left forearm. In her mind, she heard clearly the man’s voice, echoing with an otherworldly quality:

“The Pact has been made. The Archfey now has his Warlock. I grant you powers in return for your servitude, Aisling Melianme. Only when the bargain has been fulfilled will you be freed…”

The ghost lights swirled around her, rapidly, and Aisling felt as though she was falling into an icy lake, as she was overtaken by the swirl of blue green. Then the world went dark.

Aisling lay still upon the grass, as though sleeping, her long blonde hair spilled about her like waves of gold thread upon the green that caught the light of the dawn as the sun rose the next morning…

Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Bored had grown within the being of the tall man as he hiked through the gardens, his form truly standing out in the beauty of this place. While he was easy on the eyes, there was a presence about him that couldn’t be denied. It was that very feeling that haunted the streets of Tarishitar early into the morning looking for a spot of fun to be had. Disappointment was felt when Xunatar only ran into a drunken buffoon and somehow “influenced” him to go and slaughter his wife and his friend because he had believed that the two were having a relationship behind his back. While the demon was amused for a bit, he still felt empty and left the fool in a puddle of tears, bile and blood.

The city was one of the more dull placed to him and he was without his right hand for she was tending to his bratty son, of whom would hopefully learn how to use his heritage well in his little fight to claim his mother’s throne. In truth, his father had bigger plans in mind and his son was but a pawn in it, though he had a knack of overstepping his bounties. But for the time being he would keep them between him and Lilith.

His boredom would lead him to a place resembling a paradise of beauty and serenity. Icy blue eyes looked onto gardens as the first rays of sunlight came into the view, unmasking it from cover of the night. It would be such a shame to taint this little slice of heaven with corruption, something that he would absolutely take pleasure in. Unfortunately he lacked such a power at this moment; if he was lucky, he could reach out to some more people and guide them like he had the drunk. An entertaining thought but his craving for it ceased for a moment once he made the climb and saw someone from the distance.

Tilting his head, the demonic lord slowly crept up upon the prone body. The woman was alone in the middle of this, and his head swayed back and forth to make sure that no one else was about. Perhaps she was under the influence of the spirits as well and was just coming to. Or maybe she belonged out here, a physical representation of the wilderness they were surrounded by. Xunatar kneeled down beside her, his face remaining emotionless as he secretly pondered what to do in this case. The corner of his lips curled slightly as the sun revealed their surroundings, she was a pretty little thing alright. Perhaps this would prove to be very fun and now it was time to cast the lure. “Miss? Are you alright?” Xunatar guided his hand through his dark locks as his face shifted into a facade of sadness at her. “Can you hear me miss?”  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Melianme

Character Info
Name: Aisling Melianme
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/Warlock
Silver: 635
What exactly it had been that had made Aisling awake so suddenly, a nightmare, the sudden warmth of the sun and tickle of insects on her skin, or the concerned voice that clearly didn't belong in her bedroom, she couldn't have been certain about, but as Xunatar leaned over her, she sat bolt upright with no warning. Heads collided, and Aisling fell back with a surprised shout, rubbing her forehead and nose in the pain that had been brought upon by her sudden awakefullness. She was stunned for a moment, trying to gather her wits before it dawned on the young woman that she had in fact hit her head on SOMEONE. She sat up again, looking at the man who had been concerned after her well being. 

"I am so, so sorry. Are you alright? I didn't hurt you too bad did I?" she asked, far more concerned about him than about the growing red mark on her own forehead. She moved closer to the man, and found herself rather struck by his stern, stoic, yet appealing features. Her mind began weaving together strings of words that she could use to describe the individual before her in song or poem. She pushed her hair out of her face before grabbing his arm to help him back up. 

"Again, I am so sorry about that," she said apologetically. She looked about the gardens and then at the morning sun. "Have I been out here all night?" she queried. She felt the cool of the bracelet on her wrist and looked down. A flood of memories of what transpired the night before rushed back. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked angry and suspicious. 

"I think I've been conned…" she said, more to herself than to the man and went and began snatching up her instruments that were strewn about the grass.

Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Out of all things, he hadn’t planned on her suddenly awaking being as dramatic as it had been. Not had the demon lord, for all his brilliance, planned to have his head collide with hers from it. He felt the force behind it and it made him fetch his hand to press against his forehead, with seeped with pain. A lesser being would have likely responded to her questions with distain or maybe with aggression, but Xunatar was much more well controlled of his feelings and all she needed to see was that pained smile that was painted across his thin lips and his eyes filled with concern. He was an actor, and it did no good for him to break the role he was playing now, the concerned bystander.

“Please, I have dealt with much worse, milady”, he replied before accepting her aid and gathered himself back up to his feet. “Do not apologize. It was wrong for me to invade your space like that, but I wasn’t sure what may had happened. You are here laying down all by your lonesome. I had to make sure you were already and not harmed in any matter.” His head tilted towards the question of her activities up until now. Honestly, the demon didn’t know what may or may not had happened. From what he gathered, there had been no one else around at the time, but it could have been a far different case earlier. Another look of curiosity was shot as the woman begun to collect her things and as he actually took a gander at them, he realized that she must fancied the art of music.

“You play? Well, Given the surroundings, there’d be plenty to inspire you in these parts, no? Anyway, you said that you been conned? Is there anything missing of yours?” Xunatar looked around once more in a shamming attempt to make it look as though he was seeking out highwaymen or whoever it was that she thought had set her up. “I doubt that they remain here if anything. Likely had plenty of time to escape.” His mind about her being robbed changed once he noticed the bizarre bracelet. “Well, that at least has remained. Not sure while that was taken.”, he spoke, pointing to it.

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*