Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Tyr, City of the Damned > Mysterious Encounters [O]
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Name: Tristana Deformem
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: At the moment she is a traveler
Silver: 302
Ever since Tristana took her first step on the island she felt incredibly uncomfortable. Most of the ships and their sailors refused to sail to the island with the exception of one. That ship was a small hardy ship with a captain who wasn't exactly sane. But Tristana ignored all that and insisted to come to the island. There was a trace that ended up here and she was determined to follow it. She could see the iron tower reaching into the sky in the distance. Even from the beach where she stood. There was remains of a city that seemed to have been once grand. Now it stood barren of life. Crumbling to the ground.

The sky was a sickly green and a fog surrounded the entire island. Tristana moved forwards. Tristana needed to stop wasting time. It wasn't good for her. She started to approach the abandoned city as questions swirled through her mind. What happened here? That was the main question she was wondering. Of course she had heard the legends that the sailors threw out as their excuses of why they couldn't take her here. It was cursed. It had these evil creatures that would never let you leave the island. They would steal all your magic. And other such rumors. In all honesty, Tristana believed these rumors. She felt it was quite possible these evil creatures did exist. After all the gods and goddesses existed. There was magic in this world and many many other mysteries. If all these things existed then why would it be assumed that the stories of the island wasn't based in truth?

Tristana began to walk through what was remained of the city. The stone houses were barely even there. For most it was just the base of the house. There wasn't much exactly to look at either. She then spotted a skeleton of a deer strung up on a stone wall. It had died long ago. But Tristana could only wonder why somebody would put it there. And who. It was clear that the island was not abandoned. So Tristana needed to be on her guard. After all there was a huge possibility that she might be attacked. In fact it was most likely inevitable. Who knew how many evil creatures there were on the island?

Tristana then realized something disturbing. The island was dead quiet. There weren't any animals whatsoever on the island making any noise. Of course from the remains of the deer it seemed that there weren't any animals on the island. There wasn't a single plant or person. It was just silence. The silence was exceedingly uncomfortable. But Tristana could only wonder why her father would ever come here. Was he looking for something? Or just exploring? Either way she hoped that he didn't die here. If he did then she would have no idea who her mother was or have any trace of any other family. Tristana continued onwards keeping an eye out for any sort of clue she could find. 

“Your choices are your own. The past doesn’t excuse now.”

Serci

Character Info
Name: Serci
Alignment: LN
Class: Merc
Silver: 3146
Serci saw the shabby boat off, his back to the city as stray sand clung to his clean white robes from the beach he stood on. His arm lay on Yakul, his faithful white tail buck companion. As the boat was swallowed up by the fog that circled around the island, Serci turned on his feet, heading towards the once majestic city. Devoid of all signs of life, the Divine Artificer was out of his element on the island with a constant hum silence. Neverless, he continued, his head held high, wearing a stoic and determined gaze. His foot steps echoed loudly, nothing deterring the sound, other than Yakul's heavy breathing. Time had passed, and the two had reached the outskirts of the city. Serci stopped his progress. Kneeling down and placing his forehead between Yakul's horns onto the white patch of hair that bore Angela's insignia. "This is where we part, my friend." He said, warmly. His feminine hands running through the course, brown hair. "Tread lightly, Yakul. Be on the look out for danger. Signal me if anything happens." Pulling back, he lightly smacked Yakul's side, sending the deer of in a hurry towards the city in shambles.

Taking his first steps into the destroyed city revealed nothing more than he expected. Dilapidated buildings sat in piles of rubble. Debris filled the streets in the form of rotten wood, crumbled stone, and shards of glass. It was expected that the lost city would be overgrown with a plethora of vines and weeds, but not even flora called the island home. The thought of what happened on this island, so long ago, sent a cold shiver down his spine, sending goose bumps across his arms. Through the dense fog, the iron tower rose above it, it's tip serving as a land marker for Serci. After all, he was on this forsake island for a sacred artifact that resided in the tower, the former magical collage. 

Keeping the tower to his left, he continued strait through the decripted streets. Although Yakul patrolled the outskirts, keeping an eye on Serci, he couldn't but shake the feeling that something else other than Yakul was watching him. He continued forward stoicly, his pace a constant tempo, not letting the island get into his head. Ahead of him, through the fog a flare of red stood out inside the thick mist. He continued forward with caution, his eyes darting to the sides, searching for aquequet cover if nessercary. As he approached, the out of place red revealed its self to be a vibrant red headed woman. Hidden in the white mist that matched his white and grew robed attire, Serci studied the woman. It was unlikely there was another being on this island, and if so, one he probably shouldn't make acquaintance with. But the young woman proved harmless. He closed the gap between the two, calling out to alert her to his presence. 

"Well, what do we have here?" Serci said, emerging from the mist. He untucked his flowing golden hair from underneath his white and grey robe. The young woman looked alarmed, but Serci merely smiled warmly, a slender hand pulling the back of his cloak so Angela's Red and Green insignia faced the woman. "Be calm, maiden. I am a friend." He said, a sootheing manner to his voice. As he walked forward, he noticed a large scar that marred the women's face from hairline to chin. To not be rude, instead of focusing on the woman's scar, he placed his sight on the many freckles that dotted her face. Even with the scar, the woman held a sort of beauty to her. He let go of the cloak, pushing it aside as he brushed a stray strand of straitend hair, tucking it behind his ear. "My name is Serci, friend. I do have to say, I am quite puzzled as to why I am not the only one on this island." Although apprehensive, his voice was still warm and gentle. He wore a pleasant smile on his face as he replied. "This isn't the sort of place the common traveller would adventure to."
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana was oblivious of the presence of another person. She just kept staring at the buildings, her mind racing to come up with ideas of what might have happened. Then she heard a voice and almost jumped out of her own skin. Quickly Tristana spun around to see who this stranger was. For all she knew this could be some sort of murderer or evil creature that just happened to be able to speak like a normal human being. Before her mind could come up with more horrific ideas, she could see that he seemed to be a regular human. In addition to that he had an insignia that Tristana had seen once. Although she couldn't name where. Then the stranger walked forwards. She suddenly realized that her hood was down and pulled it up over her head, covering her face. Shame filled her eyes as she avoided his gaze. Tristana really needed to buy some sort of mask. That way this kind of thing wouldn't keep happening. She wouldn't be trying to hide her appearance as much or be as focused upon it. Her attention turned back to the stranger as he spoke again. Tristana realized that it was probably odd that a person, by themselves was traveling on such a mysterious and probably dangerous island. Then again the man in front of her was doing the exact same thing she was. Only with more armor. And swords. And weapons in general. So it was a tiny bit different. But not by that much. 

"Well… I'm searching for something." Tristana said, "And what about you? I'm not the only one who is on this island. What are you up to?"

Tristana had a good look at the stranger. He was rather good looking, to say the least. And he had a gentleness about him. Yet these things could be all a farce. Just because he was wearing an insignia did not mean that he was a good person. Then again perhaps the insignia was special or important in some way? Maybe it was one of the deities' symbol? Or perhaps it was the symbol of royalty that the man served under? Taking a good look at the stranger it seemed likely that he was some sort of knight. He had fancy looking armor, weapons, and very fancy garments. Tristana in comparison wore very plain clothes. He looked as if he had just stepped out from one of the tapestries that was in the Adeluna City's markets. While Tristana herself was wearing a grey plain robe, patched up slippers, and held a backpack on her shoulders. She looked like a traveler down on their luck. However at the moment that all didn't seem as important. Perhaps it was the fact that they weren't at any city where people would judge them based on their clothes. Or perhaps it was the fact that they were at a spooky island and clothing choices literally didn't matter whatsoever. Realizing that her mind had wandered elsewhere, Tristana refocused her thoughts back on the man. 

Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric heard talking, it could be the dark creatures toying with his head, attempting to draw him out or his sanity growing thin, instead of ignoring the conversation like any normal person, he tried to track where it could be coming from. After a while of eye rolls and squints, he figured out that it was coming from outside of the building he was in, he had come to the island to investigate, but he could not find anything to discover, the island's silence and somber atmosphere was chipping away at Cedric's sanity, the sound of conversation would prove this unless he actually looked to see whether there were people actually talking. He decided to take the risk and so he put on his iron mask and poured a potion on his boots that would give him a dark aura to disguise himself, making him look as if he was one of the deadly inhabitants of the island.

He crept from the shadows into the light, the iron mask he wore gave off a red glow from the eye sockets combined with his black winter cape gave him an ominous appearance. He was relieved to find that the voices were coming from people, but he wasn't very sure that they were real. He approached them slowly. One of them was a red haired woman wearing a hood and plain grey clothes and the other was a rather feminine looking male wearing armor; bearing the insignia of the goddess Angela. Cedric approached them. "Well now, I didn't expect people to actually come to this island." He said, his voice sounded strange. As if there were multiple people speaking, it was another potion he drank earlier. "May I ask why a servant of goddess Angela would come to a lifeless place like this?" He questioned the knight, paladin looking fellow.

Cedric realized what he looked like from their point of view, he immediately explained. "Before you draw your swords, I must explain, I am simply wearing a disguise as to the creatures that inhabit this island don't maul me to death." He introduced himself under the name 'Xeron'. "I came here to investigate, but this island keeps its secrets well, but if you don't mind tearing down everything and attracting the beasts to you, then it would be much easier, but I don't plan on doing that." He explained further. "We shouldn't stay out in the open like this for much longer." Cedric suggested. "The problem is that there isn't much place to seek shelter here."  

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Serci

Character Info
Serci took a bow, introducing his self with a flourish of his arm, and a deep bend at the waist, letting his long golden hair covering his face. He stood up, running a femeine hand through his hair, tucking it behind a rounded ear. A charming smile lay across his face as he began to reveal his intentions. However, they were disturbed by an ominous looking man with glowing red eyes underneath an ironed mask. The combination of the man's sinister appearance and fitting entrance, appearing through fog with layered voices speaking out to them, one would find it natural to be on guard. However, Yaku, Serci's familiar taking the appearance of a strong white tailed buck hid in the outskirts under strict orders to alert him of any danger. There was no word from Yaku, to which Serci put faith in his friend.

"I am Serci, stranger." He said, boldly. He turned to the redhead, speaking to her through her hooded face. "As our new friend says, I serve Angela." He assessed the company together, speaking to both of them as he presented the emblem on the back of his cape. "I am The Mother's Divine Artificer. I serve as her champion." Dropping his cape, he pointed to the iron tower that raked the green sky. "It seems that an artifact of sorts rest in the magical tower. I am under orders to retrieve it." He said, a slender hand running through his blonde hair. He turned to the masked man, noting his remark on his ghastly apperance. "I figured as much, stranger. My familiar patrols around me hidden from view. He would alert me if he thought you were of any danger to me. You have his trust, so you have earned mine." He said, softly. 

Xeron, as the man called his self revealed he had come to Tyr for investigation, however as to what was unknown. Xeron made a point to not stay out in the open, to which Serci agreed. "I am of the same mind,  Xeron. Remaining hidden would be smart for us." A quick glance at their surrounding showed only crumbled stone structures and nary a suitable closed off environment. He pointed to the tower, speaking gently. "The tower is the only structure still intact. My duties bring me to the tower, but I feel that the answers you two seek will be answered there as well. Shall we make for the tower?" He suggested, walking with grace over debris and rubble. 

He was grateful for the tower's scaling height, as finding his way through the dense fog would've been a pain if not for a good portion of the tower reaching above the enshrounding mist. Opening a pair of rusted iron doors, ajar to the door way jutting out after years of supporting the tower's massive weight, he made his way inside. The ground floor of the tower revealed to be an acient library. Several crumbled tables dotted the room, surrounded by worn down book shelves. Books lay in dirty heaps covered by years of dust and grime. Inside, the smell of dust permeates the air. Save for the laterns mounted on the iron walls of the tower, there was little light to which Serci smiled, closing his eyes and focusing on casting an illumination spell. The area around them began to glow, and upon opening his eyes the room was now bright enough to take in detail. He couldn't help but to think what the room would've looked like before the tragic night that wiped out the island.

Walking to one of the shelves, his hands began trailing over dusty book's spines as he stopped on a book with elvish writing. Picking it up, glancing at the pages he could only assume it was sort of science instruction. Ajdrean might find some use to this, he thought, pocketing the book in his endless bag. "I say this will give us cover. Though, we shall remain on guard. There is no telling what lie dormant in the upper levels, waiting to be woke." He made his way to the female companion, speaking softly as if they were in an actual library. "Perhaps what your looking for hides with in these levels?" He asked, an edge of concern to his voice.
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana was surprised by Serci’s bow towards her. Nobody ever really did that to somebody like her. Not because of her appearance since she didn’t give most the chance to see it. It was because of her clothing. She looked far from anybody that anyone would need to bow to. She looked like a peasant and in some ways acted like one too. The only thing that really set her apart from one was the fact that she wore robes instead of a dress and had a staff with her. Otherwise the clothing material and worness showed off how much lack she had in money in general. As a result nobody has bowed to her ever. Not that they needed to anyway. Tristana was unaware of how she was supposed to react to Serci bowing so she returned the bow, copying his movements so that she would do it correctly. Since she herself had never gotten the chance to bow before now.

Then they were interrupted by a newcomer. At the sound of Cedric’s voice Tristana jumped like some sort of scared cat. She quickly calmed herself down and tried to hide how startled she actually was. Cedric was a man, or so she assumed, with a black cape and an iron mask with glowing red eyes. Interesting choice in fashion. However Tristana didn’t see it as bad. In fact it was very unique. Whether the glowing red eyes was actually a choice or what he was born with, she had no idea. His voice was also odd as well. But perhaps it was just how his vocal cords worked? She actually would like to take a look at his throat if that was the case. It would be fascinating to see if that was possible. Or it was magic. Most likely the latter. Tristana looked back to Serci as he began to speak.

“I am Tristana of Canelux.” She said slightly jokingly, “ It’s nice to meet you.”

Tristana tried to recall the goddess Angela. The Mother. It was hard to forget her. She was one of the most well known deities in the land. That meant Serci served Angela. Tristana let Cedric and Serci talk more. Her mind had gone back to her surroundings and was curiously wondering about the ways that the island had gotten like this. There were many rumors which she enjoyed thinking about. Then Serci began to move and Tristana decided to follow him. Mostly because she didn’t really have a well developed plan of her own and the fact that he had physical weapons with him and impressive armor. Even Tristana could see it was probably a smart idea to follow him. They ended up in a library and quickly Tristana’s heart was filled with joy. There were so many books! To her they were like treasures. Even if she herself was unable to read them as some were in different languages.

Still it was incredible! It was even better when she was able to see in the library. Tristana was unable to stop herself from reaching over to the book shelves and reaching out to the books covered in dust. There was no telling how old these books were or what they contained. Well until she read it that was. Tristana grabbed a book with a dark green color and brushed off the dust. Then she opened it to read it. That’s when Serci approached her suggesting she might find what she was looking for here. In her excitement she had momentarily forgotten. That was something she needed to concentrate on. Not the wonderful amounts of books that were right there. Focus is what Tristana needed.

“Maybe.” She said, “I’ll look.”

Tristana put the book in her backpack and began to search the library for some sign of her father. Whether or not he survived was what she wanted to know. And if he did survive where did he head or plan to head next. Tracking down a man with little to go off on was difficult as it is. Why he wanted to come here was a mystery to Tristana. She started walking through the library but was paying more attention to finding what she was looking for than her surroundings. Tristana ended up walking slam into a bookcase because she wasn’t watching where she was going. It hurt. A lot. Taking a step back, Tristana let herself regain her barings, and dignity, then looked to the bookshelf. There was a book with the drawing of a mint plant on the cover of it which quickly caught Tristana’s interest.

“Oh. This might be interesting.” Tristana said taking the book off of the shelf.

After stuffing it in her bag she continued searching around the library. Then she found a small note that was in her father’s handwriting. It was a page of his journal. She could tell because it was dated and looked as if it had been ripped. Tristana read the page quickly then folded it up and put it in her pocket. She decided not to mention she had found what she wanted to the others. Tristana wanted to help them achieve the goal that they had come here for. If they had found that she already found what she needed they might have insisted her to return. Then she wouldn’t be able to help them. Tristana then returned to the other two.

“What now?” She asked. 

Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric looked around the musty library, the amount of books stored in the library would be enough to turn an air headed fool into a genius, Cedric picked up a book and flipped open its pages, only to find that it was ciphered, a cracked monocle hanged off of the book. Cedric tucked the book back into his jacket and looked above, another floor lay above them, he threw a black stone into the air, it spun around in the air as black wings started to appear; the black stone had turned into a crow! The crow flew high above, providing reconnaissance, it disappeared into the inky darkness as it flew higher.

The floors creaked with every step, Cedric stepped on a loose board in the floor while examining his surroundings, a trapdoor opened in the center of the room, growls, cries and screams are heard from below the trapdoor, he lumbered toward the switch and stepped on it again, but the trapdoor failed to close, instead, the lid broke off, hitting the ground below with a crash. The crow Cedric had summoned crashed into the floor, wounded. Cedric picked up the black bird and watched as it turned back into a stone.
"Perhaps the dark creatures that lay dormant atop the tower attacked the crow" he though to himself, but he wasn't really sure.

Cedric pulled out a large branch of wood and set it ablaze before dropping it into the hole. it went further down until it was no longer seen. But a light appeared from below, the burning twig had struck the trapdoor and the fire spread, illuminating the surrounding area, but it would be a hazard to jump in, as there is a chance that they would land on the burning pile. "So, we have two options, to jump into a hole that may lead to a dungeon or further up the tower." He said to his companions. "I think you, Serci, should be the one to make this decision." Cedric walked over to one of the shelves and began examining, awaiting a response.

Serci

Character Info
With Serci's illumination spell lighting up the dirty library, navigation around the area was easier despite the still overhanging eerie feeling. His companions had both wondered off, searching the library for clues. Occasionally, he could hear them move books, the sound constantly bringing his hand to his sword. Serci would force his self to focus on his breathing, less attack unprovoked. Eventually, the disturbances coming from them were comforting, reminding him he had friends among this island of danger. A delicate hand grazed the fragile spines of acient books as he walked between to long shelfs. On the other end, he saw Xeron toss a pebble up into the air, transforming mid flight. Pleased that he was traveling with one of the magic arts, he continued wandering through library.

Obsorbed in his thoughts, Serci faced the book shelfs, his hand trailing along spine after spine seaching for a clue to where the artifact lay hidden. The shelves cast dark shadows on the books, making it difficult to see in the dim light. His hand continued to graze in the dark until his hand bumped into something, startled, he shook his self from his throughts, focusing on the distraction. It was Tristina who appeared equally as shocked. Reeling his hand back, he apolgized quitely before searching the opposite shelve. His eyes darted across book after book before a golden spine ebroided with elegant thin marrons lines caught his attention. Pulling it down, licking his finger so he could delicately turn the old pages. A quick read showed that the book was in an ancient language. He had studied it in his youth, but he was slow converting it to common tounge, with words that he didnt recognize.

Lost in the book, a picture of a glimmering red ruby encased in diamond hanging around a necklace made him smile. This is the artifact he had come for. So it did indeed rest in the iron tower, but the question was where. Serci searched the next few pages for any indication where the pendant lay but to no avail. Sighing in dismay, carefull resting the book where he found it, he found his way out of the crowding book shelves. From the corner of his eye, he found Xeron examining the raven he created from magic eailer. Coming up to speed with the recent events, Serci was suggested to take charge. Calmly, with a gentle tone, his voice sang through the air. "Please. I would never dictate the actions of my friends. However, I strongly suggest we continue upward."

While true, Xeron's raven returned injured, there was no noise. If any danger was presant, than they lay on the upper floors, far away from where the company stood. But it was only a matter of time before they would reach those floors. The trap door that lead to the basement was an immediate danger. A quick look at Tristina showed she wad inadequately armed. Serci wouldnt mind parting with his sword of life and death, with a promise to return it after their mission was completed, but leading the party into the basement posed trouable. "Whatever may rest on the upper floors is no match for a realized champion. Come what may, I will protect you both, but It does not sit well with me to knowingly lead us into trouable where beasts lay in basements." His tone was confident and reassuring, his gaze turning to Tristina. "Tell me, Tristina of Canelux, what are you your thoughts?"
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Tristana had been bumped into and was thoroughly surprised. However she didn't have time to apologize to Serci before he moved away quickly. Sighing, Tristana resolved to be more careful next time. She wanted to be the the reason that others around her tripped up or made mistakes. She looked around the dusty library. In perfect honesty all she wanted to do was to just take all the books. Ever single one. Even the ones that she couldn't read because it was an ancient language. After all this was an entire room filled to the brim with knowledge that was just getting dusty. Nobody was using it after all. Then again she didn't know what type of knowledge were in these books. What if it turned out the information brought pain and misery instead of helping people. That was something Tristana needed to remember. Just because it is information does not mean that it is good.  Suddenly her eye was caught by something at the corner of the room. Quickly she headed over to the corner which wasn't too far from the group anyway. She kneeled next to it and found a smooth round rock. The rock was huge and rather beautiful.

Tristana opened her back and stuffed the large round rock inside. She didn't know why she liked it so much. Perhaps because it was so beautiful. After all the rock was a mixture of blues and greens. Even if it was slightly rough on the outside. Tristana closed up her back. This would be a souvenir from the journey to the tower. Now she needed to help her new friends. Her own mission had been accomplished. Besides if anybody wanted to make it out alive then they would need to work together. Although Tristana was fairly certain that she would probably be useless anyway but at least she could show that she was with them. Even if she would probably end up as the weakest fighter. Tristana was not oblivious to the fact that she probably was the poorest fighter among the group. She did know some martial arts and a lot of magic but they had weapons and armor. Something she did not have. If it came to a battle they would probably be more useful than she would be.

Tristana then saw the magic Cedric did with the crow and looked amazed. It was as if she was a child and somebody had shown her an amazing trick. Of course, Tristana did have a strong passion for all things magical so it was to be expected. When she saw the magic that Cedric performed she wanted to ask so many questions and learn everything about it. But then she made herself focus. This was not the time to be obsessing over magic. They had a job to get done, although she didn't know what the others needed to do, and they were going to do it. When Cedric spoke Tristana paid attention and listened to the issue that faced them. Where to go? Tristana wasn't much of a cowardly type… she was a bit cowardly but not that much! However cowardly or not she decided to listen to her logic. If they decided to go into the trapdoor that would be fine but there would obviously be a battle. Battles meant destruction which might result in the tower toppling over them or the basement being destroyed. Which would trap them all underground. If they went up to the top of the tower there might be the chance of an attack and destruction of the tower too. However with that it would be easier to escape since they wouldn't be buried alive. Besides if they didn't find what they needed at the top of the tower they could always come back down to the basement. There was no law against that. Suddenly Serci brought her out of her thinking and asked her something. What did she think? 

"Well, if we go into the basement  then have a battle we might end up destroying the basement accidently. Then we would be buried alive. I don't think it would be too hard to do seeing how old this building is. If we go up the tower we still might have to fight but at least it will be easier to escape a falling building that way. If it turns out what you two are looking for is not there we could always come back down to the basement and try there." Tristana suggested. 

She was trying her best to think through this situation logically. Tristana wasn't extremely brave or active but that also helped her be able to see future problems before rushing in recklessly. She was willing to fight monsters and was not afraid of them. Much. But she wanted to minimize the risk for herself and for others. However if they needed to go down there and fight then she was perfectly willing to do so. 

Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric threw his cape on the ground, revealing that he was actually well armored, he drew his two swords and decided that he would go upstairs first. As he climbed up the ladder, the feeling of dread started looming, and it grew closer. Cedric had reached the second floor of the tower, he could see two red eyes glaring at him. Mixed colors glowed following the red eyes.. It started moving, the large dark beast crawled fast despite its size. Cedric slashed his two blades at the beast to no effect. The beast threw Cedric into a stack of crates. He cast a lightning strike toward the direction of the glowing lights. The beast stopped, seemingly stunned, he realized that it could only be damaged by magic.

He sheathed his swords and focused. A red glowing emblem appeared below Cedric. The beast's lights began to dim. Cedric had cast a curse spell. The beast hurled a burst of flame, despite missing, the large cloud of flame was scorching hot. The curse spell had made the beast stronger. He responded with another shot of lightning followed by pillar of flame. The dark being's light marks grew brighter. It roared, its voice was strange, sounding like an amalgamation of a lion and a whale's. It stunned Cedric, making himself vulnerable to be hurled into a wall. Cedric remained on his feet, but his back felt weak from the impact on the hard stone wall. Before he got his bearings, the beast lunged at Cedric, he barely dodged it.

The beast tore a hole into the stone wall, it was exposed to the little light that was present outside and it started vanishing away in a cloud of smoke. As it vanished away, it made a horrible grating noise, it possibly attracted nearby dark creatures, A giant head crept down from the third floor, the head looked similar to the beast that had died when exposed to natural sunlight, it had sharp teeth, six glowing cyan eyes. Its neck was long, it possibly had a body. It had a permanent smile, it looked at Cedric. It cracked a laugh in that horrible, familiar voice the previous beast had. It threw a fireball at Cedric, instead of the normal flame the previous beast had thrown, the flame was purple. It barely missed and hit the bookcase behind Cedric. The purple flame spread quickly. The head cackled and raised itself onto the third floor.

"We have a problem, the fire is spreading faster than normal, it could engulf the entire lower levels in a matter of seconds!" Cedric shouted, "We can wait for it to stop outside, or we can climb down to the basement, but we may get trapped!" Cedric held out his hand and attempted to absorb the flame, it burned his hand instead. Smoke began to rise, they could suffocate, Cedric ran toward the broken part of the wall and jumped. It was only a small drop, it wasn't enough to break any bones. He blacked out before reaching the ground.