Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Railoch > Draconic Fury
Taifuin

Character Info
Name: Taifuin
Alignment: TE
Race: Dragon; Trapped in Human Form
Class: Master of Blade and Wind
Silver: 933
This was a tricky little snot to deal with indeed.  It was certainly annoying when people refused to neither flee or fight him, but do some odd mixture in between…regardless, he would not be dissuaded from his goal.  Turas, the so-called "nightmare to all travelers," was about to have a nightmare of her own.

Just as he was ready to make his move around the rock to strike, he heard an explosion; one that he could tell by its slight offness was not the clapping of thunder.  He turned in its direction just in time to see large shards and pieces of a boulder flying in his direction.  Now, it seemed, he would have to reveal the secret to regaining his power after all these years of focus and training.

With a furious yell, Taifuin slashed the sword that both bound him and bound to him, its runes still glowing a soft blue in the darkness of the storm, as a gust of powerful wind was summoned from the combination of his unconquerable will, the magic of the blade, and the air already displaced by his powerful swing.  It blustered forth and met the rocks head on, knocking them back with ease as he once again laughed.  "More, MORE!  Test my mettle…and fear my power!"

Much to his delight, he heard another large rock explode in his general vicinity, and reacted quickly.  This time, he displayed his agility instead of his raw strength, leaping diagonally backwards from the trajectory of the rock shards.

Suddenly, he caught the silhouette of Turas jumping out towards him, clearly attempting to go for his sword while he was distracted.  What kind of foolish creature was she, willing to lay her hands on a blade almost as sharp as his own brilliant mind?  Regardless, she would be punished as he swung towards her.  Even if she dodged, a blast of cold, magic-infused air would slam into her, sending her flying backwards with dizzying force as he readied himself.

He would listen to her cute little retort as he once again attempted to ignore it…but it was near impossible at this point.  He simply had to defend himself.

"Gnnnghk!…perhaps you are correct…there is nothing for you to take from me but my life.  But believe me when I say…there's oh so much more I can take from you…I don't merely kill the fools who stand in my way…no…they see their families burnt and rent asunder before them, and their bodies broken in twain!  YOU WILL BEG FOR YOUR DEMISE!"

He sat in a ready position with his katana, taking what could only be considered a beautifully masterful stance with practiced ease.  "Any words other than "I submit"…will be severely punished, brat…"

turas-adhair

Character Info
Name: turas-adhair
Race: Dragon
Class: Destruction
Silver: 356
Being hit by the cold wind from the mans katana only sent her out of his reatch. She had landed softly on her own feet before laughing. "Killing my family would have no effect on me, not that you could kill them, both skilled and both friends of the deitys"

She sheathed her blade and leaned agenst the rock. "You came and asked my magic abilities. Now you know i am a storm weaver like you. And a strong challenge at that. Perhaps we could help eather one day. But i must ask, Taily, why is it you want to know of my power? Is it to do with your katana and lack of scales?" She said now that she knew more about the guy. She was still ready to pull her katana and fight if threatened but had has her laugh and was now satisfied with her fun and what she now knew if the guy.
Taifuin

Character Info
Though it was an immense challenge for him to do so at this point, he quietly waited and listened to her disgustingly irreverent response.  It seemed she had very little concern for her family; it was something he couldn't quite empathize with, as he had none to speak of as far as he knew.  But generally people seemed very afraid to have their family harmed…this was an interesting exception to the rule.

She then continued, continuing to refer to him by her little pet name.  A part of his mind wanted to accept the name as a rather cute moniker.  

He quickly killed that part of his mind as soon as it reared its head.

But regardless, she still possessed somewhat of an insight into his condition it seemed.  Perhaps now was a time for blatant honesty.  Though if she thought he was revealing a weakness by explaining it, she would find herself sorely mistaken.

"It in fact does, little worm of annoyance.  My draconic form has been sealed with the assistance of the very sword I now wield.  Thus, I seek the seal to be removed as quickly as possible."  He would then sheath his blade, his hair and robes billowing in the stormy wind.  "But I would not advise pressing any sort of perceived advantage…this sword is capable of far worse than what I have thus far demonstrated, my child."  He smiled, a grin as wild and untamed as the wind he was born from.  "Though, I would perhaps consider aiding you in return for your assistance in this matter…be grateful I am offering you as such, most do not receive such benevolent courtesy."

turas-adhair

Character Info
"Do all old Dragons endup losing there scales to some disabling force for making some man mad?" She said struggleing not to laugh. Fully composing herself she looked at ths sword as he has sheathed. 

"So the guy that bound you was killed and you kept hs sword do to the anger for him or cause of its power. Power you would miss without it?" She said as she sat down.

"I know someone that can help but i will take nothing less than a sumence for the information you need. See i have no need for you but if i do than i can simply call for you." An i owe you that if cashed in means the other will transport to the one in need and whatever is needed will be asked. And she knew her mom did the same and usually does not cash it in but nothing is better than having powerfull things in debt to you.
Taifuin

Character Info
Taifuin was literally shaking in anger at this point, and wanted nothing more than to remove this witch's head from her body at his earliest possible convenience.  However, she promised information and assistance in his time of need.  He could not afford to lose such a promising lead, not now.  

"Your…"insight" is correct.  But I will not accept your offer without collateral…I demand some form of either knowing you are not deceiving me…or something more material.  I will leave it up to you to make the offer…but know this.  There is not much I want other than what I am asking for.  Make it count or be forgotten in the winds of fate…as you will be, without an ally as powerful as I."

He locked eyes with her; he was indeed dead serious about every word he meant.  He would honor any contract that it took to get his form back, but he would not do so recklessly.  He had waited for centuries…but he would not willfully give himself to servitude without incredibly good reason.

turas-adhair

Character Info
"Well its up to ya to except or decline. A sumence is not something i need just like i said you got nothing i want but i do have a story."

She said enjoying the anger he was showing. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a hexed necklace. "This was once on the neck of the one that could help you. It is known to block the magic of the one that puts it on. All that where it must die to remove it until she got it. And unlike you that has had your seal and magic she got it off in less than a year." She pocketedit the necklace for she had other things she needed it for. Than grabed her mill stone and katana. She started sharpening it as she continued.

"She spent years after studying ways to preventing and removing such things to keep it from ever happening to her again. Now we got a deal or not. Its growing late and i have better things to do." She smiled as black Dragon wings slowly appeared on her back. The blue stripes glowing bright with the energy that still ran through her from the lighting. She tested the sharpness of the blade and started sharpening the blade again. 
Taifuin

Character Info
At first Taifuin thought it was another one of this damnable fool's petty tricks, when she took out the necklace that supposedly had cursed "the one that could help" him.  It stung to hear that she had managed to remove it rather quickly…and judging by the sense of dread and like energy resonating from the jewelry into his very, entrapped soul, it was beyond likely that Turas was telling the truth.  As she sprouted her draconic wings, it only seemed to further confirm his suspicion.  She was being honest; despite her childish ignorance and foolhardy arrogance, she had at least one admirable quality to spare him.

He looked down at his own sword as she began to sharpen hers, unsheathing it slowly as he ran a pale finger across the blade.  "I have a feeling that the necklace you hold was not sealed in blood as my curse was.  The man who….robbed me of my birthright…" he said, barely containing himself even after all these years as he spoke of his nemesis, "gave his life to enact a seal more powerful than seemingly any of the fools i have met know of.  If you believe this…person can help, then I will offer my services.  HOWEVER…." he said as he gave Turas a glare.  "If you lie to me in some fashion….be aware that the trust of this little contract will have been breached.  I will not fall for your impression of a cunning trap.  I will seek you out.  And I will take great relish in tearing you limb from limb."

Hesitantly he offered a hand, the whitened skin almost gleaming in the pouring rain as a lightning bolt struck close enough to nearly deafen them with the sound of thunder.  "Place your summoning mark upon me or whatever have you.  Then talk."

turas-adhair

Character Info
"Actually according to Xunatar it was forged in a anger and jealousy of a woman last breath as she died of heart break. The hex was suppose to be death but was mis said and all magic is stolen. Though the hex is over a million years old." She said as she put up the mell stone as she looked for a ring.

"Well to do the summoning bound i need a drop of your blood." She said than whaited for him to cut himself. Once blood showed she let a drop hit her sword and a drop hit the ring. As she started chanting in an ancient toung.  The ring placed itself on his finger as the cut healed itself. 

"You want to find Vinsue. She is often in pirate haven under the name of silvertail. That said she is not easy to track butloves moonlight bar. One other thing she is not as forgiveing as i to commands and only showes what she is given. So curse to curce and help to help. Also if you see her tell her turas sead gethrisj sone dout jaxo." She said as she sheathed her blade and stood up.
Taifuin

Character Info
The ring had an interesting story at seemed…but if it was truly a million years old according to Xunatar..Xunatar…where had he heard that name before…the God of Chaos and the Weaver of Lies, or so he had heard from acquaintances that he hadn't murdered in some gruesome fashion or another.  That would explain it, then.  How a hex could be a million years old when the world only truly began with Taifuin's glorious presence was beyond him.  

He would have begun laughing at the sheer absurdity of it if she hadn't had the audacity to ask him for his blood.  He scoffed and pouted as he sneered at her.  "You suggest that I do the SAME THING that nearly killed me centuries ago?  You're out of your mind."

However, it seemed that this wretched being wouldn't budge, and the wings she had sprouted gave a sense of urgency to her demand.  There'd be no information without his consent…but if her knowledge rang with truth, he would soon be rid of anything that bound him soon enough.  And this ring didn't seem to be cut of the same magical cloth as that necklace or the seal currently torturing him now.  It seemed far more benign…something that he was willing to live with.  

Using Ryushi's katana, he drew his own blood and squeezed it upon the ring, as it seemingly migrated straight to his right ring finger.  He managed a quiet sigh of relief as he realized that he had not been hindered in any way, able to feel the wind still caress his arm at his command.  She seemed to be speaking truth…and being summoned likely only once or twice to aid her was not anything he would mind as long as it led him back to his true form.  He cleaned his blade and sheathed it without incident as he listened to what Turas had to say.  Though he did not know of common Draconic, being born in the Spirit Realm rather than the real world, he could only surmise that "Gethrisj sone dout jaxo" was something exceptionally dirty.  He gave the little whelp a smile as he laughed.  "I will say what I wish to say to this Vinsue…she will do as I command.  I will make absolutely sure of it.  But I must also say…do not summon me for anything trivial, child.  I will aid you only when you truly need assistance.  Anything less than your life being threatened, and I will merely walk away.  Do we have an understanding?"

turas-adhair

Character Info
"First of relax. The summence only works once. Than the ring will fall off and you will be freed. If i said the right hex. So i will only call you if i am in dire need. Second miss Silvertail is protected by two deitys since she got the curce in the first place. One her teacher in the electric arts and the other a friend that would do anything for her well being." She said with a smile, corse the sumence thing was a lie. She knew she used the lifetime hex and she had him for her life but he did not need to know that. And she was stating to get annoyed by his threats.

"Than again what do i care if you go to her on her turf and act all high and loose your chance to get your wings." She said with a yown. Than got up. Now she was tired and wanted to nap. A hex like that takes a lot of energy and storys also added to the tired thing. Now that he had the hex she had no need to worry for it is impossible to harm her by his hand. "Now if ya do not mind i will be in the rock sleepin." 

She flapped her wings a few times and got into the air before turning and grabbing onto a ledge and climbing in before letting her true form out and going to sleep.