Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Railoch > Draconic Fury
Taifuin

Character Info
Name: Taifuin
Alignment: TE
Race: Dragon; Trapped in Human Form
Class: Master of Blade and Wind
Silver: 933
A solitary figure traversed the highlands of Railoch with uncharacteristic confidence amongst the crashing of thunder and the striking of lightning. He seemed entirely unperturbed by it, walking slowly and with purpose in a southeasterly direction. The pounding rain that soaked his clothing deterred him not, and the hellish thunderbolts that found their way to the ground from the thick mass of grey clouds above seemed to arc away from him just far enough to prevent the black-haired man from getting injured. 

An observer might not know it…but Taifuin was home here.  It was a bittersweet home, reminding him of what he had lost, inspiring anguish and anger within him.  But it was a comforting place nonetheless.

He was on his way to the Republic of Iria; though he had spent the vast majority of the last five hundred years being weaker than a hatchling, he felt he had regrown his connection to his natural magical power (as well as his new, even deadlier connection to the blade of his nemesis) enough to challenge the Mage's College.  He needed one of them to remove the seal on him entirely…the seal on his back, hidden beneath his black tunic, that seemed to ache with longing as he was once again among his natural element.  But he knew that wouldn't happen without some sort of a well-picked fight.  Humans were ever incorrigible, it seemed, when forced to bow down to their rightful ruler.  

But for now, he took the moment to enjoy his version of peace and quiet; with the rain pounding against his pale skin, the wind battering his form, and the flashes and sounds of lightning tearing across the sky, he felt an uncharacteristic happiness begin to overtake him.  This was where he had always belonged, he wagered.  It was a shame he was cooped up in Ataiyo for so long merely trying to survive in his human prison and work at conjuring a simple gust of wind.

He tapped the hilt of the blade at his side…the blade of the man that sealed him.  If only Ryushi could see him now, defying his fate, actively working to cast aside the bonds that had broken his spirit for so long…what he wouldn't give to see a crestfallen look dominate that war-hardened face.  But such concerns were childish.  He had to press on now, fueled by his desire to regain his true strength.  Even as the wind and rain carressed his soul, begging him to stay and rest a while, he had to keep moving.

He could return when he had the power to command this raging storm, rather than merely walk through it.

turas-adhair

Character Info
Name: turas-adhair
Race: Dragon
Class: Destruction
Silver: 356
Lightning was her mothers element and her sister was already formiler with her plant element. Maybe she was the weaker of the two. Than again mom was almost 200 when she got her element but there was not much she could say about dad. 

Turas stood on top of a rock. Her hood down revelling her strate black hair and its blue highlights. Her robe and hair wiping in the wind. Her eyes closed as she thought of her past and all that angered her. The storm only calmed her and dissolved the anger. She felt at home but it was sad that she could not yet yelled that power. 

Every once in a while the lighting would strike her and dance pn her skin before dissapearing. With each jolt she felt more alive. But it to faided. 
Taifuin

Character Info
As Taifuin plodded through the soggy, barren plains, his golden eyes flicked upwards from the path and to the left to find a strange sight awaiting him.  It was someone simply standing on a boulder out in the potential killing field that was this storm-ridden land, seemingly in some sort of meditative state.  Even the lightning striking it with the force of a thousand forge hammers didn't seem to leave a mark.  His eyebrows perked upwards slightly…this was certainly someone of interest.  Anyone who could  take the full force of a lightning bolt slamming into their body multiple times over while barely flinching was strong.  Strong enough, perhaps, to remove the wretched seal that still defined his existence. 

The wandering swordsman drew nearer, pushing some of his soaken wet hair out of his face to get a better look at whatever this thing was…could it be a mage?  An elemental in humanoid form?  Or perhaps merely some trick to draw a weary, travelling soul into a trap?  Whatever it was, Taifuin would take the risk.  True form or no, no one intimidated a dragon of his caliber.

"You there," he called out, a commanding growl behind his voice as he looked upwards to the robed creature, a look between a grimace and a slight smirk on his pallid, draconian face.  "I demand your presence at once!"

turas-adhair

Character Info
Turas-adhair looked down at the newcomer. He demanded her to come down at once like he was some big shot. She looked back over the land and put up her hood. She had no master and was not thrilled at being commanded by what appears to be a human. She to was in her human skin so she desided to let him think her to be a young woman. She climed down to the path but she took her time. 

"And who might you be to make such an request to a person like me. And what do you want." She asked a bit of annoyance in her voice. 
Taifuin

Character Info
"NOW," the impatient dragon urged as it seemed the object of his interest seemed to enjoy taking its sweet time descending from its perch on the rock.   He was willing to spare its life for not coming to attention in a satisfactory time, however; if it was skilled in the ways of sealing, it would be folly to end it so rashly.  Not that he wasn't beyond some other forms of…slightly-less-than-lethal coercion, to put it lightly.

As the living lightning rod finally reached the path, a figure cloaked and crackling with the energy of the storm it was happily absorbing, Taifuin realized he was dealing with a female human by the looks of it.  His yellowed, reptilian eyes met hers of brown, taking in her face and the strange accents of blue streaking through the hair of hers that was visible underneath her hood.  If he was anywhere else he might have mistaken her for a common mage of some sort.  But at the very least, she held some sort of gift for storm magic that hopefully translated to other, more useful avenues as well.

However, whatever interest he had in her abilities didn't translate into any concern for Turas herself.  Nor did he quite understand that despite his own skills and fearsome glare, he wasn't nearly as intimidating as he once was.  "I require your services, whelp.  Speak of what prowess in magic you have and be spared my wrath," he said curtly, making no aggressive motions just yet.  He had found in his years of training and surviving in the human world that the mere threat of violence could move conversations along splendidly fast.  Whether his conversational partner wisely buckled to his will or foolishly took him up on his offer…ultimately, all ended the same way.  He got what he wanted.

As he would now.

turas-adhair

Character Info
Turas looked the man in the eyes a dead set challenge to the young Dragon. If the commands where not reason enough to rip out the mans voice box the eye lock and threat was. She was not going to answer his question with anything of use but first she would be polite enough to let him know who he was talking to.

"Who are you to threaten me, the offspring of sky and earth. Doubter of the infamous Silvertail, most wanted in all of pirate haven. Me the most feared by all caravans and nightmare to all travelers." Her tone unwavering and full of pride. She was carfull not to give an actual name or answer his question. 

Truthfully she wanted him to try to take her down. She was curious what would happen to the man if he made contact with her. She would so laugh if he punched her and whent flying. Her arms where crossed in a well-known state of defiance. That said she was more than ready to dodge an atack and fight back.
Taifuin

Character Info
Oh my.  What an impressive set of self-accolades.

Is what his brain tried to tell himself before he burst out laughing, the resulting, growling chortle a mix between true amusement and raw condescension.  What did she hope to accomplish with such pitiful qualifications?  But at the very least, her attempt at seeming intimidating was rather funny.  Funny enough that he wouldn't lop off her over-confident mouth just yet.  Though, perhaps she would better understand her place by elucidating to her whom exactly she was dealing with.  Her deliberate avoidance of his question had not gone unnoticed after all, and he would get what he want regardless of how high and mighty this…Silvertail was.  An odd name for a tailless creature…but there was certainly more to her than met the eye, he would give her that.

Taifuin lowered his head as he composed himself, sighing contentedly as he grinned widely under the cover of his pitch black hair.  "Your confidence in the face of death humors me.  But allow me to explain, oh mighty highwaywoman, offspring of filth and pond scum, why a common knave like you could never threaten me!"

His hand was on his sword faster than a blink, drawing it with incredible grace as the metal of Ryushi's spell-forged katana rang in glorious harmony with the rhythm of the falling rain.  He was far enough away that the woman was obviously in no immediate danger, but close enough to witness the spectacle of the power he had worked so hard to regain during the past 500 years of his existence.  He held the Atoiyan artifact aloft just in time for a lightning strike to hit the blade with all of its power, whilst the resulting thunderclap ripped through both of their their bodies with the shock of a thousand battering rams.  Runes etched into the katana, formerly invisible, now glowed hot white in the aftermath as he continued holding it above him.

"I am Taifuin…Scourge of the Howling Plains, Terror of Nisshoki, and Dragon Ruler of Storms!" he announced with pride and gusto, another clap of thunder accentuating the final title with almost too-perfect timing.  He continued to smile as he held his weapon out in front of himself now, the flat of the blade facing them both as the rain that struck it evaporated on contact.  "I assure you…you cannot intimidate me.  Now.  Answer my query.  Or be cut down where you stand, ignoble pirate!"

turas-adhair

Character Info
 "was that growl a laugh? Wow looks like your out of practice." She expected it and was not surprised in the slightest but now she can say she worned him. Everyone knew not to mess with a silvertail or be left without coin and a new scar. 

As his hand moved hers did to. With matched speed her katana was outstretched touching his. The electric shock was not immediately expected but again only charged her. So the special katana was what kept him from fearing her. Now that, that was funny.

"Dragon" she laughed. Her laugh was true and actually sounded human and smooth unlike his chuckleing growl. "No offense Taily, but you are not a dragon. You lack well it is easier to say what you have. And you have nothing in common with a scaley but pride. Also i am not a pirate." 

A flash of lighting hit and she hid and replaced herself with an illusion. One that would not be seen through eassy. She may be stubborn but she is not stupid. He seems like he could fight and she did not want cut quite yet.
Taifuin

Character Info
Taifuin grew tired of these verbal games.  Despite her pitiful attempts to insult him, the insult concerning his dragon-hood stung him exceptionally deep, whether he wanted to admit it or not.  His eyes squinted and his teeth clenched in anger, even as their swords remained locked…a perhaps fitting representation of their mutual unwillingness to back down, and how close they were at being at each other's throats.  

"You will regret your insolence!" Taifuin - now Taily to this upstart - yelled, as he withdrew his blade from the lock, preparing to leap forward and strike.  However, a bolt of lightning crashed down in between them, hiding Turas from view long enough for her to flee and leave an illusion in her place.  It was soon revealed as nothing more as a mirage, however, as Taifuin closed the distance between them in but fractions of a second and sliced the afterimage in twain as it dissipated into the rain-filled air.  She had managed to fool him somewhat, and he could no longer detect precisely where she was.  But this only made him more determined than ever to teach her a lesson.

He composed himself…Taily…truly he was dealing with some sort of child whose mother hadn't raised her properly, in his mind.  If she had even an inkling of who he was he would be receiving a lot more respect.  "Hmmph…some fearsome creature you are, little one.  Afraid to come out and face me now that you've witnessed a mere portion of the power I possess!?"  He would walk slowly towards the rock, realizing it was the only thing close enough in this flat, wind-torn landscape that she could be hiding behind.  However, he would make no move to go behind it, not just yet.  He would, in his infinite mercy and kindness, give her one final chance to retract her insubordinate actions.  "Come now…I will spare you your pitiful existence…if you fall to your knees before me and beg forgiveness, you putrid thief!"

turas-adhair

Character Info
Turas was not avoiding the fight but using her wits against a worthwhile opponent. An opponent she just upset on a personal level. And by experience she knew that the personal level upped a mans game if it did not anger them into a blind rampage. She almost laughed at being called a scared little one. She was young but in no way scared.

Let this work she thought before looking at some boulders not far away. She focised a field of static around the rocks and uped its charge untell it exploded. Sharp pieces of the rock flew in all directions. Her hiding place the only thing keeping her from getting hit and cut by the flying rocks. 

"Ha." She said than cursed that she gave away her spot. She did not think she could actually do her moms trick and was happily surprised. She moved and looked at a different rock before repeating. Once the rock exploded she jumped out from behind the rock and lunged at Taily with all intentions of taking the blade from his hand and tossing it far away from him. "Two things first i would need to at least have the intonation of taking your stuff before i could be considered a thief, and Taily you have nothing worth taking from a defenceless child. Second I bow to none and would never beg especially to some human with species issues." Her footing was light and her stance flawless as she was now ready for a dance between katanas.