Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Feeorin Forest > Moving House [P/R]
Vibrato

Character Info
Name: Gerard di Vervaine
Alignment: CN
Race: Nokken
Class: Bard
Silver: 0
Wrapping his arms around Talise, he smiled back. "Just thinking about it all really gets the heart racing doesn't it? How about we take them all in, a little bit at a time? We can choose what we want to work on and when. Thanks to you, we won't need to worry about interruptions." Looking up he thought about the ideas she was suggesting. They were all things they both liked, and even if he hadn't thought of them yet it wasn't something he wouldn't have considered. "Little groves of fruit trees would be beautiful…it's a bit grand, but perhaps we could find a way to graft some branches off different trees into one trunk. That way it would bear fruit all-year round, with something new every season. Maybe two or three varieties from a single tree, and I could use them to make fruit wine with the grapes. The oyster farm is a good idea, and we might need to use a bit of enchantment to keep Kelpie from traipsing through the water."

Gerard had been thinking of relocating Kelpie to a bigger, more private pond. Maybe he could create a miniature waterfall and an underwater cave to give the hippocamp more to play with. With his nature, it wasn't safe for the creature to be out in the open. Kelpie was too friendly and would get captured if someone gained his trust easily. There was a reason why he kept him away from the folk out on the Highlands after he nearly drowned a curious person on accident. Kelpie loved playing with him, and sometimes he would let the nokken ride upon his back while he swam in the lake. When he was feeling particularly playful he would go under and they'd swim together. Unfortunately this became a problem as most people weren't capable of breathing underwater like Gerard, thus why he hid the hippocamp after dragging the almost-drowned man out of the water and pulling the inhaled water from his lungs. He convinced the waterlogged bloke he had accidentally hit his head and slipped in the water, and from then on was careful to listen if there were any rumors of a 'water horse' among the locals.

But thanks to Talise's efforts, Kelpie wouldn't be able to leave the fairy ring–keeping himself and others safe from accidents. "For the oyster farm, I know a few spots in the ocean where divers go to collect. I could bring a few of them in a water bucket and let them breed in peace here. There's that place off the coast of southern Parvpora where I found the green pearls I showed you earlier at your old house, and some black pearl oysters around Vilpamolan. I might need to do a little swimming to figure out where I picked up the golden and pink ones. Those are particularly rare." He was more interested in finding those oysters now they were together. He didn't know if there were purple pearls naturally, but Talise would love the pink ones.

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."