Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Mo'Mey Steppes > Perilous Roads [P][R]
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
Inka's words made the scowl on Silanus' face turn into a neutral look. Even if her "compliment" belittled him, it was quite pleasant to hear. Her question seemed a mock to him. "Hunted? Me? Oh no no no… I don't like that metaphor… It's more like, a little, innocent infant with merely a butterknife, running towards a minotaur with the poor expectations of killing it. I am the metaphor, and the goons they send are the infants." as Silanus spoke, a cold smirk was drawn on his face. Finally, he added: "Yes… I prefer that metaphor. As they spoke, the other soldiers were roasting some mutton in the fire they hardly made.

When Inka spoke about better brews, and then gave him a magma-colored bottled-vile, Silanus opened his eyes wide. Just after looking at it, he imagined how to turn it in a weapon… So is war, right? Exploiting any mean and turning it in an advantage. When he grabbed it, his hand warmed up… It was truly fascinating! "My men will love this… My gratitude towards you, Inka! This is amusing." He snurkled when gazing upon the bottle and it's charming looks. "Imaging mounting this in a small catpult and throwing it towards the enemy encampment! Huh, sounds as captivating as it's deadly…!" 

When the food was finally done, Silanus walked and sat around the fire, accompanyning his soldiers, and expected Inka to join them, but that was up to her. The mutton was well cooked. Half an hour passed after the men discussed, talked, joked and ate. After that, they once again mounted their horses, except for Silanus, who awaited for the "witch doctor" . Before mounting his horse, he turned his look at her and spoke with a softer, relaxed voice than before; resting really calmed him down. "We're leaving now, we will soon arrive to our settlement. You can make a new home there. Some say it's like a small city, other say it's like a town. I just call it a settlement. My people, other than warriors, have been builders since ages. We have an unique way to create stone, something I dare to say few or none can do. So you can just expect how our houses are better made those lowly slums of Adeluna. you got anything to say? Any question? Or we can leave now?"

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
Name: Inka Achomawi
Alignment: TN
Race: Ancient Human
Class: Witchdoctor.
Silver: 569
She truly meant no offense, Inka could see for a brief moment that her wording may have bothered Silanus. His metaphor made true sense to her and she left it at that. She was glad he was accepting of her small gift. That magma vile would do him some good and she felt no matter how he chose to use it. This again pleased her. Even if he were to use it as a weapon Inka would still feel pleased. After all that was his choice now that she have given him the gift - it was his to do whatever if. But she did linger on the thought of using it with a catapult - that would be a rather interesting sight to see indeed. 

Inka procured a small portion of mutton from one of the other men in Silanus' group. She ate silently watching those with Silanus. It was now that she found herself thinking about what would become of her when they reached their larger encampment. Would she find a way to fit in? Perhaps. Inka found it out that she felt worried that she would ultimately be rejected. Perhaps that was become she was already becoming comfortable with the idea of a "new tribe". Something she had deeply longed for since the passing of her own people nearly 200 years ago. 

When Inka had finished her mutton she wiped her hands clean (not on his cloak of course). Golden spheres once again found themselves on Silanus. He was speaking to her in a much softer way this time. "Sounds…nice." Sometimes Inka struggled to find the right words so he speech could be a bit delayed. She had never met a person who could create stone so this intrigued her greatly. Was it some type of elemental magic user perhaps. "I am unfamiliar with Adeluna….slums" Another smile, softer this time and rather awkward. Inka stayed away from major areas of all types, expect maybe market squares once and a while for trading purposes. 

"I never have…many questions." Inka supposed it was time to go if she was going to stick with this choice she had made. "I am prepared to see your home." 

"Which doctor you expecting?" - Inka.

*Images are not mine.
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
After hearing her answer, Silanus simply rode his horse with the witch doctor behind him. It was not a long way back to their encampment, so they would arrive, hopefully, not too late. They would use an alternative way and not the main road, to avoid any bounty hunter or patrol like the one they encountered before. The soldier looked back at his companion while riding and spoke to her: "You see. This encampment is like a hideout, or a sanctuary if you want to call it like that. Not a prision." He said, with a satirical voice tone. "You are not forced to be there all the time, just so you know… Everyone can leave and come back as they please." After saying that, the leader awaited a brief moment before speaking once again: "I don't care if you or anyone else takes a boat and goes to Parvpora and returns when he pleases." Silanus suspected that, someone who is used to the wild life such as Inka, would not feel comfortable in an urban enviroment all the time, so he hoped that would make things clearer.

After a rather short moment passed, they finally arrived to the encampment. The main "district" as the Fratis called it, was surrounded by a three meter high wall. The wall was made of "stone" (which was actually primitive cement). Outside the wall, there were some cabins and shacks made of wood, unlike everything else. Small trees plenty of fruits could be seen too. Unlike the rest of the wall, the gate was made of wood and had a bunch of soldiers on it. They had a gear similar to Silanus, infact, every armored man had a gear like his. The gate was opened and they entered. Inside, plenty of buildings and even a street, all made of cement, could be seen. It was too small to be called a village or town, but too big to be called a simple encampment or hideout. Not everyone inside were soldiers. Some orcs and humans wielding ordinary tunics were inside, doing rutinary things. There were only three large buildings: The royal house, the barracks and a temple; the rest were ordinary houses, made of cement too.

"Welcome to the Fratian lair. Someday it will be bigger than this and hopefully it will look like a proper village, instead of what travellers call "a fortress"." After saying that, Silanus dismounted his horse and helped Inka dismount it too. "There are some free houses. They're not big but have what's necessary. Better than sleeping under a tree huh?" He said with a grin. "You can come and go whenever you want, just be sure to occasionally help with affairs such as healing wounded people or the like." Silanus did not care how Inka used her house. If she lived there or simply used it as a storage room, it didn't matter. It was hers after all. "Oh… And if someone messes with you, show them this." From a satchel that the horse was carrying, silanus took a scroll. Inside the scroll, many words in an unfamiliar language were written. "Now… Don't scare the children with that skull in your head…" His last words had a humorous tone. Without expecting Inka to follow him, Silanus walked towards the barracks to see if the goods they sacked earlier had arrived. 

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.