Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Mo'Mey Steppes > Perilous Roads [P][R]
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
"Carry on boys, highness awaits us!" Exclaimed Tacitus Silanus, looking back at his 8 companions, all of them riding their horses in two lines of four, led by Tacitus at the front. It had been a slow day for the cultists, who had been marauding through the the vast grasslands of the Steppes. Their objective, a slightly guarded route in the trade district, place where the human caravans usually passed by. It was the weekly routine; loot their merchandise and, if fortune favored them, perhaps even abduct someone! The extra money the orcs pay for slaves always helped!

Silanus spoke once again to his companions: "You know the drill! Anybody pulls out a weapon, even if it's a butter knife, you slay the bastard!" The men guffawed at his words, it was their favorite part of the job. 

Finally, the "troop" had arrived. Of course, they didn't get too close to the caravan, as it would ruin their plan. The caravan had merely six ill-equipped guards, and a lot of goods, a combination that always attracted the wrong attention! Silanus and his men dismounted their horses and, quietly, hid among the large bushes and trees that surrounded the dirt road. The assault was ready, they just had to wait until their prey walked to the trap…

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
Name: Inka Achomawi
Alignment: TN
Race: Ancient Human
Class: Witchdoctor.
Silver: 569
Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Inka had been making her away across the vast grassland of the Steppes when she heard what in her mind was the voices of far off men, she felt the vibrations of hooves in the soles of her bare feet. Inka was quick to drop into a low squat in an attempt to blend in to the grassy terrain. If they hadn't already seen her then she might be successful if any had seen her well then she would have to see what would come of the immediate encounter. Now granted her rather tribal attire was unlikely to blend against the terrain and the mask of bleached bone sat wildly bright on the top of her head. Perhaps though she would be mistaken for something that belonged there in the grasslands. Something not interesting.

Inka did not fear encountering strangers on her journeys she actually quite enjoyed them. But typically groups of strangers posed problems for her. They were usually bandits, or something close to that. And since she dealt very little with currency she never had much on her. This fact tended to cause her more trouble then one would expect when it came to encountering bandits. 

Inka remained still and hoped she would be missed this day. 

"Which doctor you expecting?" - Inka.

*Images are not mine.
Silanus

Character Info
The caravan was already getting closer and closer to Silanus and his men, the prey was approaching his predator. Large, bulky oxen pulling their carriages and cargo, full of lootable goods… Goods that would soon be in the brigands' grip! Once the merchants got too close, the troop got out and ambushed them. Pointing his spear at them, Tacitus Silanus demanded: "We will execute whoever pulls out a damn weapon! Now, cooperate with the glorious successors of the Fratians, and nobody will get hurt…" Without retaliating, the guards dropped their weapons and allowed the armed men to loot their hard earned merchandise.

Tacitus and his people seemed to be satisfied. One soldier boarded the carriage, this way, transporting the stolen loot would be easier. "We thank your cooperation, we'll be leaving here… Your goods will be in good use, hehe…" Said Silanus, before getting to his horse. Of course, the terrorized merchants ran away as soon as they could… Suddenly, without any explication, a thunderous lightning roared, scaring one of the horses; this horse fled, curiously running towards a mysterious, hidden woman, concealed in the bushes. Obviously, Silanus and his cultists saw her, now that a horse had opened way through the bushes, her hideout was useless.

"W-who's that?" Asked one of the confused soldiers. "Look at her outfit, she's obviously a sorceress of some sort of tribe!" exlaimed another one. The doubtful soldiers raised their spears and poitned them to the woman. The members of the Fratian cult were truly supersticious, seeing someone dressed like this woman was really discouraging. Witches were not someone you wanted to cross with, if they did not use you for any of their experiments, perhaps they would simply lay a curse on you. "A hag-witch here, nearby civilization and roads? What do you want, you witch? I can assure you we are not afraid of you, we've dealt with sorcerors before!" Exclaimed Silanus, as he un-sheated his sword and dismounted his horse, walking closer to the stranger.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
Amber colored spheres had watched the events before her unfold. She had hoped to remain hidden, however, this was made impossible due to a rogue horse. Of course it HAD to flee in her direction, it HAD to expose her. Inka muttered something in her people' long forgotten tongue before she decided she might as well just stand up right on her own two feet. She had been exposed anyway, so her hiding squat just made her vulnerable. 

Her eyes traced over the faces of the men whom absurdly now pointed their pointy sticks her way. A heavily hair head of auburn tipped slowly to the left, a wave of charms, trinkets, bones and chimes, all things which had been worked into her wild auburn locks swayed and flattered against one another with this movement. 

Her mask of bleached bone still rested upon the crown of her head. She did indeed look as they thoig it,  but she was far from a witch, at least she never truly considered herself a witch in the aspect they were insuatiting. But she supposed at the same time they weren't wrong. 

Greetings. Inka was unsure of the greetings in these parts so she tried her best. Not a witch in da sense you be tinkin Inka, whose common was heavily laced with an ancient accent was poor. 

Na need for violence I mean no harm. 

*Images are not mine.
Silanus

Character Info
"In a sense we are thinking… The hag just admited to be a damn witch!!!"" Exclaimed one of the armed men. The eight men were nervous, but ready to strike. One of them, who was an orc, said: "She may be a shaman like the ones in the tribe I belonged to. Not evil, I hope." As he spoke, the orchish warrior, who was equipped and armed just like his companions, lowered his spear. He was used to love among tribal mages, and knew not all of them had ill intentions.

"If you mean no violence, what are you doing here among us, hidden? Perhaps you wanted to ambush us?" Asked the suspecting leader Silanus. His weapon lowered, but still pointing at her. "Steal our loot, or use us for your alchemy experiments? Reveal yourself and your intentions, I demand!" 

The men were close, but not surrounding her. If the woman was fast enough, she could easily outrun the heavy-armored, slow men. However, that would also anger them…

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
Inka stared blankly at the man before her. You got to be serious? She thought and yet at the same time Inka understood their caution. Her eyes finally moved again to rest upon the orc. Inka lifted her hand slowly, her pointer finger was extended in his direction. The ring, which encased her entire finger like a boney metal claw pointed directly at the orc. You be wise to listen to da orc. He be most right - shaman I be, at least that is one name. I be a witch doctor.

Her hand dropped slowly down to her side again. She allowed her lips, which were dry and cracked from exposure and the lack of water to press into a fine line. Her nose wrinkled ever so slightly. Shaman, witch doctor, spirit mender, all of these were names for her. 

I be not evil, I be no threat. I heal I mend I fix da spirits of those who need fixin.

Her attention had returned to the man who was so loud, in her opinion

I hide because there one of me many of you? I watch you take from caravan, you take from me? 

One of her eyebrows arched in question. Her arms folded across her lower abdomen. Now she would wait. What did he have to say about that. 

*Images are not mine.
Silanus

Character Info
It was interesting how this woman changed the moral ground, and now they were the threatening ones. Instead of an evil witch awaiting to ambush the men, she was now  an innocent doctor, trying to not get mugged. Who would blame her? Silanus would hide too, if he saw eight men assaulting a caravan of merchants! The stranger said that Burluk, Silanus' loyal orc companion, was right. Knowing that was a soothing feeling.

"Well… Who knows what does this witch doctor use in her potions, huh? Human organs perhaps?!?" said one of the anxious armed men, backing off some steps. Such a cowardly act was not welcomed by his leader, Silanus. If she was an enemy, the soldier should get closer, not backing off! "If a mere doctor murders you and takes your organs, let me say that the carrier of those organs was a complete idiot…" Answered Silanus, with a grin on his face. 

Burluk, the orchish warrior, got closer to his leader. Tacitus Silanus spoke to his men: "Burluk, my friend, you seem to understand the challenging tribal life better than any of us. Have a word with this one… You boys, lower your weapons… But not your guard." At his word, the orc walked towards the "shaman"  and said, with his rough words: "A shaman should not of walk into here alone, these lands not safe… Where is your tribe?" he asked. "Human tribes are far off, and never use outfit like yours…" 

As the orc and the woman spoke, Silanus turned back to his men and ordered: "Two of you, stay with me. The rest, go and carry our hard-earned loot to our village before the sun sets… We'll reach you quickly" Two of his soldiers nodded and got closer to him, while the rest mounted the carriage and horses. "Ave, farewell!" Said one of the soldiers, with his fist in his chest as they left. Silanus now observed his orc companion and the woman speak.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
To her they truly were the threatening ones. Inka shifted her weight from one side to the other - her feet were sore after all, this terrain had been rough on her bare feet. Amber orbs moved between Silanus and Burluk before bouncing to the member of their clan whom spoke about her possible use of organs in her potions. Again her nose wrinkled, this time at the word potion. How insulting, brews were much more complex than mere potions! Her right eye seemed to twitch ever so slightly. Inka reminded herself that they were clearly unware of her kind. 

Burluk, whom now approached her had gained her full attention for the most part. She was careful to listen to him, her common was not the strongest so sometimes it took her a moment to process. She gathered this much from him - Lands were not safe, shamans do not walk alone, and then lastly he asked about her tribe. Where was it? Sorrow filled her eyes for a brief moment before she cleared her dry throat. 

Shaman I am not… Witch doctor Inka pointed to herself, her index finger pressing against her own chest. Similar yes, very. A nod of confidence followed. My tribe is gone, dead. She tried to produce a half smile, but even after 200 years it was hard to accept that fact that she was most likely the last of her people. My people died, 200 year ago. Inka shrugged her shoulders lightly. I am the last of the Omawi - not of this land not of this time. This simple statement would explain why she was alone and why her outfit was unlike any of the other human tribes from these lands. Inka was what they called an Ancient Human. Ancient Humans were not immortal however, they did have unusually long lifespans. 
I am called Inka, Inka Achomawi former High Priestess of the Ancient Omawi. But now I simply a Witch Doctor, spirit mender. I roam and gather tings for my brews. Why I visit strange lands you see? Hopefully now Burluk could convince his leader that she was truly harmless and if he were a smart orc realize that it was actually most beneficial to be on good terms with such an individual. The benefits of friendship with an Omawi were endless. Inka moved her hands so that they swooped down into her small leather satchel she had hanging from her side. Fingers dug around within it for a few moments before she removed her hand and extended it towards Burluk. There, sitting upon her palm was a small figure that she had carved from the bone of an animal. It was in the shape of a frog. Gift for you. It was rare for a witch doctor to offer such trinkets freely, frogs, in her tribe were special. They acted as a sort of protection and could lead one to water if they ever found themselves dying from thirst. She hoped the Orc would take it in good faith that she would bring no harm to him or his friends, unless they of course tried to destroy her.

Take. 

*Images are not mine.
Silanus

Character Info
Silanus and his armored companions listened carefully the conversation between the orc and Inka, reacting slightly at every detail. It was amusing, yet saddening to hear it; the tale of a lonely druid, who, 200 years later, still wandered alone, brewing her mixes, speaking the memories of her perished tribe and kin. Even if they had no idea about what was an Omawii, the sole fact that she was over 200 years old was… Good to know. Right now, it was very convenient for them to have them to have Burluk, as he seemed to be who the stranger trusted more. In any case, why did these men want to speak or gain this witch doctor's trust? Perhaps it was pure superstitiousness and curiosity, or maybe, just maybe, they thought they could find an use to her… 

The orc observed how Inka took something out of her satchel and gave it to him… It was… A frog? No, not a frog, but some sort of baubel or amulet with the form of a frog. Similar to the amulets the orchish tribal shamans used to ensure their warriors fought to the fullest, and their hunters had a good hunt. "Your gift is of welcomed" said burluk, with his rough accent, as he took the trinket. The orc removed his heavy gauntlet and removed a bloodied piece of cloth that was covering his hand, a rag  the After their talk, Burluk returned to his leader, who had seen and heard everything.

The leader dropped his large, heavy shield and helmet to the ground and walked towards Inka, with a smirk on his face and his thick, decorative red cloak covering his right arm. "A tragic anecdote indeed, Inka…!" He said, his face turning serious as he spoke: "I am Tacitus Silanus, rightful leader of the Fratian Gen, or, as you people… may call it, the Fratian clan." Silanus cleared his throat and continued to speak: "And legitimate heir of the once powerful Fratian Empire…! An ancient empire, filled of civilized, truthful citizens! Unlike the ones that fill and roam these gods-forgotten lands today…!" Now, as he spoke, he grinned in a slightly arrogant manner. "What a coincidence huh? The remnants of an ancient empire meet a two hundrer plus yeared woman… How thrilling!" As he ended his speech, he left out a small chuckle.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Wildheart

Character Info
Inka was filled with an odd sense of you when the orc accepted her trinket. Ambers watched as he backed away and returned to his commander. Inka once more shifted her weight from one side to the other, the discomfort of sore feet was bothering more than usual. 

Inka froze again when the man whom identified as this clans leader approached next. Yes her story could be viewed as tragic, and it once was. However, now Inka thought of it as an end of one cycle which made way for an entirely new One. Tacitus Silanus, was this strange mans name. His words met her ears and she of course listened with some respect. His title was long and Inka could tell that he was proud. So, she nodded her head in such a way that was a bow of respect for his power. Yet she was clearly not submitting, just acknowledging his authority, which was rightfully his. 

I never heard of that clan. Now it wasn' because they weren' worth being known it was truly because Inka was a wanderer, and spent many of her years alone. So unless she had first hand encountered them, she wasn' too knowledgeable in these areas, espeially in these dry lands. 

But it sounds like a mighty one. She attempted a soft smile of her own. He did bring up a rather interesting point. They were both seemingly ancient remnants of long lost empires. It was sort of exciting, a feeling she hadn' felt in ages. 

It be very thrilling, Tacitus Silanus!. 

*Images are not mine.