Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > One Last Chance[P,R]
Hacesh

Character Info
Name: Hacesh
Alignment: CG
Race: Dragon
Class:
Silver: 0
The camp was getting crowded, a lot of wounded had come in the last while, and there were more fighters who had been healed up and rested and were getting ready to go out into the desert again. Some weren't going to make it back out into the fight, their wounds too severe for the healers to take care of.

Among the fighters one stood taller than most, a seven foot dragon on two legs. Hacesh had finished the fight with the skeletal dragon not too long before, and had come back to the camp to lick his wounds. Hacesh had large gashes going down his chest that were now scabbed over yet still painful, but he'd live and so far as he could tell there was no infection setting in from the undead dragon's attack. He would have healed more of his own wound, but, knowing he'd heal in time and had strength enough to endure the pain, he had used his magic instead to help heal those that he could that needed it the most.

But the dragon had known he needed to go back out, he was still strong enough to fight and so felt like he should. However instead of going out in his full forty foot self, Hacesh decided to stay in his normal two legged form to help the fighters. He had had his fill of water and had a meal, and while doing that he had found himself a weapon. While normally one to forgo weapons in general, with the amount of mummies out there, going hand to hand, or rather claws, would take too long.

As such, Hacesh stood ready to go with a large war double sided war axe gripped easily in one hand, a weapon most other races would need two hands to properly wield, Hacesh held like it was nothing. For now he waited near the gate waiting for the rest of the fighting group to get ready to head out again.
Degant123

Character Info
Name: Johann Helmut-Ribentrop von Blackwald
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Aspiring Mercenary
One of the first people to come to the gate was an armored woman whose back was covered by an grey and worn out cape.From her belt hang two things one was sheath for her saber, second thing was small,white, shield shaped which had on it 8 sided,black, star with a sun seemingly imprisoned inside it. Her armor was a full plate one with a dragon scale chestplate as the only thing not being a part of the set, the fingers of her gountlets had claws on every finger except for thumb, and her helmet in a way resembeled a skull. She was kind of a sore thumb among some of the adventurers, but in comparison to the dragon man she looked kind of plain. She walked up to the Hacesh and said
- I presume that you are one of the people coming along to the cursed city yes? Well sadly we will have to wait quite the while for the rest, some of them, and by some, I mean most ate something and are now hugging the toilet so to say, I get the feeling that they won't last for very long…… - She said in a calm tone , that seemed to be devoided of emotions.
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
Hacesh saw the armoured woman, he assumed female anyway going by the breast plate looking as it did, walk in and then she came over to him.  Her speech was emotionless but calm and Hacesh as he looked at her had no idea what she was.  He looked over her armour as she had spoken it was pretty well made by the look of it, covering every inch of her as well.  However her words were true, and Hacesh had seen more than a few people make a fun for a place to be alone, Hacesh's own body allowed him to handle such things easier, since he did eat most of his meals raw anyway.

He looked around at the group that they did have and sighed.  "Then I suppose we may as well head out.  I'm Hacesh, by the way."  He replied, and looked around again, a few more had run off already.  He spoke louder to the rest waiting.  "I'm heading out, any who wish to follow, come along."  Hacesh announced and he started to head out, with or without the armoured woman next to him, his big axe resting on one shoulder.  "So, where do you hail from, stranger?  Your armour is wonderfully made."  Hacesh commented should he not be alone in his walk, trying to get some kind of conversation going on with her.  He was curious already, there was something about her that was a mystery, like what she looked like under that armour for example, but also he couldn't scent out what she was race wise.  And that was a hard thing to miss for a dragon of his age and experience.
Degant123

Character Info
The woman followed the dragon, when he started headeing out, in silence which was a usual thing for her, though the dragon might have not known that, because he tried to start a conversation with her by asking from where she hails from, to that question she had but only one answer which was
- It doesn't matter from where I hail from, Hacesh, and it will never be important know only this that my birthplace is somwhere in the north - she said in her trademark calm and devoided of emotions tone, and while she was dismissive in her answer her voice lacked any signs ofirritation  or annoyance. But she didn't end speaking here because just as she ended one sentence she begun another
- And this well most of is just a replica, expertly made replica but a replica nothenless, only part of my armor that is part of the original set is my chestplate and it is made out of parts of your dead kin - she said, and fell silent as she walked next to him, her hand resting on saber's hilt.
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
Her answer came as her voice had before, calm and emotionless, explaining where she was from, or, rather, a broad area where she was from since it didn't matter.  She hadn't given a name either, so Hacesh decided she didn't want to so he didn't press his luck either with that.  She also explained of her armour and that it was a replica, and of what her chest plate was made of.  Hacesh thought for a moment before speaking, keeping his voice light.  "In ages past, to see someone wearing a plate of amour as you are, made of what it is, I'd have killed you for it, for the dead that it was made from."  He sighed.  "But, I have to realize that it is the way of life, my kind do eventually die, and we are hunted as well, more than I care to think I have had hunters come after me.  As you can see they failed, though once they were close."

He spoke as he walked, the rest of the ground following until they came across the first line of mummies.  Hacesh grunted.  "Undead abominations, old magic that should have died long ago.  This needs to end."  He rumbled gripping his axe tight before letting out a roar and charged in, his axe easily cleaving mummies down in front of him as he swung it.  He hacked one on one side of him, using his tail to bash another behind him, before taking a breath and breathing out fire before him lighting some of the mummies on fire.
Degant123

Character Info
- Hmm good to hear somone who isn't thrown into a hissy fit on the first sight of his dead kin, death comes to all and if we all were enranged on everything that killed one of us the Civilisation would end before it would even had a chance to start - she said, without much change in her voice and she did not spoke untill they were faced with first line of mummies. What she heared from him wasn't that much suprising to her, because it was a stance most people here took at the sight of those creatures, to her they were just an obstacle, another thing to remove from her path as she moved forwardm, so she took out her saber and said:
- While magic cannot realy die, I will agree that this must end
After that she joined the fight but she did not rush into the fray like her companion did, yet she was certainly quick on her feet to get to her prey, she targeted a mummy that was on the side, not as close to the great pack that was surrounding Hacesh, but Mummies have tendency to never be alone, and so was her target but they were not tightly packed like the rest of them so she had some room to manouver. When she was in range to attack her target she did so by way of simple swing that left her opponet headless, her swing came at slight angle that let her use the rest of the momment on the next target, to be more precise she used it cut it's leg off, not a second after that she finished it of by steping on it's head and turning to face her next opponent, she again used mommentum, this time of her turn, to cleave the mummy in half.
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
"Like I said, I used to, but not anymore.  You're right, Lady Death visits everyone eventually, some sooner than others."  He replied, he could have gone on further but now wasn't the time to be overly reflective of his past, as the present was much more dangerous at the moment.  "Magic can die, I've seen it though it's hard to do.  That said, if we can't kill it we can bury under the sands again, deep down and have it forgotten for as long as possible."  He held no illusions about it not being found again, it would, it always would, until the very source of the magic could be destroyed.  But that might take Life with it at the same time.

The fighters waded into the fight together, Hacesh swinging his axe about while glancing at the armoured woman now and then to watch her work.  She was fast and fluid despite the armour she wore, whatever she was she was strong.  Hacesh lit some mummies on fire with his breath, but after he was done that he turned to face another group, inhaled again and this time exhaled a cloud of icy air.  The mummies slowed even more as their bodies froze and while they weren't solid enough to shatter, Hacesh had little trouble finishing them off with his axe.

Suddenly he roared as he felt pain on his ankles and looked down to see hands grasping him with their unholy strength and started to drag him down wards into the sand.  The dragon roared in defiance and got his wings open and started to flap hard.  More hands came out of the sands and Hacesh snarled and strained his legs and his wings and he started to rise in the air.  The strain he was putting on his body made the scabbed over gashes on his chest start to ooze blood again, but he was dragged the mummies out of the sand by now.  He gave one last pull up with his legs and got the six mummies mostly out of the sand before he dropped suddenly.  Now with his legs no longer being held tight and before the mummies could react the dragon kicked them each and then took their heads off with his axe before looking for more trouble.
Degant123

Character Info
When Hacesh was suddenly attacked by mummies hiding in the sand, she only briefly turned her gaze at him and returned to fighting the rest of the enemies, her logic was that if she rushed to help Hacesh she would expose her back to the enemy which would be a fatal mistake on her part, not to mention that her companion was a dragon, dragons aren't known for being weak, they are known for the fact that they are one of the strongest beings to live and walk this earth, they are also known for the fact that many of them have a ability to change form in some compacity, so even if this form cannot handle the mummies he can just tranform into another one that will be to handle the wraped up undead soldiers of a Lich Priest. So instead of helping Hacesh she went after next Mummy that came at her and one after that, and another one, basicly she was kind of holding the line in her own little way, she did it by "neutralizing" the biggest threat at the momment, she done that moslty through the excesive use of attacks aimed at Mummies limbs, as to quickly minimize the threat the attacker posed so she could get to next one in line, she did not send them back to their eternal sleep otright though she didn't have time for that because Mummies where starting to converge on her, so she had taken a half measure to just make sure that enemy wasn't in state to threaten her right now. So when she enacted her plan, one could see limbs starting to fly all over as they were choped off in swift manner and one could see also blood red smudges of light left by her radiant saber, after said motions. As Hacesh finaly got free from the trap she was starting to gave way to the enemy as there just too many of them.