Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > Horizon (P,R)
Jayden Wintercrest

Character Info
Name: Jayden Wintercrest
Alignment: LG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Elemental Blade
Silver: 301
Jay was shocked to see Belle like this, even after she was so headstrong and wishing to see her duties through. It was something else to see that she was quivering beneath the stress of the battlefield and death, or more so how the latter occurred. He couldn’t say that he had seen such a thing like that, but he was exposed to how battles could be grim early in his training. It took a long time before he could at least push through the fears and the gruesome sights. But she was still inexperienced and it showed, not that many were prepared for this sort of warfare. Damn bugs.

At least she seemed responsive when he made her that promise. “Aye, was taught by my father to never make promises I couldn’t keep. I’m confident that I will bring us home.” It was a bit strange to hold onto her the way he did while she only wore a towel on in his presence. But he couldn’t control the circumstances they were currently in and he had to support her through this. It was his responsibility to protect his family, after all.

Although her request could have been taken the wrong way, Jayden didn’t really see a problem with accompanying her and making sure everything was alright. “Yes, I’ll be here”

He enjoyed how close they were becoming in the last few weeks, he didn’t spend a lot of time with those outside immediate family often. But at least with Belle, they were comfortable around each other, perhaps a lot more than he thought considering how he had nearly walked in on her nude prior tonight. Hunger was nearly forgotten on his part and Jayden was more concerned about her than anything else. The kiss was unexpected but again he didn’t pay it much mind. It was harmless after all, right? “I won’t. I promise.”

She grew more comfortable with him as she relaxed against him and it only dawned on him on how she looked right now in his arms. Of how her body felt pressed against him, the towel didn’t really feel like it was there as much. He tried to focus on the conversation more to keep his wandering mind busy, “I know. I rather be at home with my siblings and parents than be here. But I understand that duty calls as well like you do.” He helped to clean more of her hair, ridding it of bloodstains as best as possible for her. “Seemed like you were able to do your job though. That takes a lot of guts in of itself. Your mother is prepared for the unexpected but we can’t help to be overwhelmed sometimes. That said, I think you are already strong, Belle. It’s different from your mother, to be true whether she has more experience or not.” He flashed her another warming smile has he brought the cloth over to where roughed parts of her face were and gently bathed it in a slow, stroking motion.

“You acted while you were afraid, that’s what real bravery is. Don’t fret about it. It will only serve to help you in the long run.”

Belle

Character Info
Name: Belle Rose
Alignment: CG
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 43
Belle’s grievance had always happened after her job was done. No one had ever seen it before now. She could stomach it while on the job aside from what happened with Sparrow. He calmed her down and she relaxed in his arms. It was a stupid little comfort that she found herself enjoying… Or more so it made her feel better. Besides her twin, she never really had anyone there with her to help her overcome things and this was the first time someone on the outside had even if Jay was family.

She felt the coolness of the water against her head as he washed the blood from her curls. She thought about it for a long time. “I suppose that while I did not have a choice to come out here… I probably would have anyway. Despite everything right now… I want to help people even if it terrifies me. So I try to not let it affect me during work if that makes sense. You’re the first person to see me after a long day that I couldn’t handle. It is a sort of embarrassing.”

His smile brought her more comfort as he gently washed her face where she had rubbed too hard. Her cheeks flushed but more so from realizing the situation they were in. How awkward it could be perceived but for some reason, it didn’t bother her. “Thank you, Jay…” Her voice wavered a bit as she pushed herself up and pressed her lips to his cheek. “Seems like you are the only one who has confidence in me… at least says so out loud. I’ve lost it a bit but I’ll get it back. I just need to get through this but I think… with you here I can do that just fine.”

He gave her the strength to do a lot of things. Which was weird considering how long they had been around each other. “Will you stay here? Tonight?” For a minute her face flushed and she chuckled. “Not in that way but… I am just uneasy. I would feel much better if you were to stay here with me.” After a few seconds, she smirked at him, "I promise to wear actual clothes and not this." She pulled at the towel lightly so not to undo it. It was more of a joke than anything.

Main: Angela Rose
Jayden Wintercrest

Character Info
“Nah, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The first time I was taken onto patrol, I was a nervous wreck. I didn’t think that my parents prepared me properly but it comes with time and experience.” It may have seemed like a lecture, but he certainly didn’t want it coming off as such. She was around his age and would know his words to be nothing more than true anyway. Jayden still thought she was being too rough on herself over what she had dealt with. It was still rather brave and honorable.

The washcloth he was using soon turned red as he slowly got the blood off of Belle. “We all can only carry so much of the burden before it gets to us. You’ve done well not to let it get to you while on the job”, he reassured her as he drained the cloth and rewet it before tending to her face some more. Hardly a thought got to him over how this scene could be taken as inappropriate for plenty of reasons. The biggest being that she was in nothing but a towel and he was a knight. It was unbecoming yet he was here because she required help and he knew that he could provide such to her. Hell, he nearly left the tent right as he walked in on her, not that there was anything wrong with her from what he caught sight of. No, if anything she was beautiful but he wasn’t going to go and think that about his own cousin. “You don’t need to than…”, he started but was caught off guard by the kiss to his cheek. He was quiet for a few moments before he smiled at her, “I know you will do fine. Others will see it when you do as well.”

Jay had confidence in Belle and her abilities, and hopefully, she would recognize it herself and reach the potential he knew she did someday. Now that things were starting to settle, he could feel the hunger reaching the pits of his stomach again. Though he nearly burst out into laughter as she corrected herself when she asked him to stay. Keeping his composure, Jay nodded and finished cleaning her and set the cloth down when finished. “I don’t mind staying. And I know what you meant. As long as you trust me, I’ll keep you safe. But first…” He got up to his feet and started to head out of the tent, “I got to get us some food before it's all gone. I’ll be back shortly.” Moments later he returned with a couple of bowls of hot stew and a loaf of bread. “Gave us a whole one after I explained what happened”, he said as he handed her her share.

“Gonna need your strength, so eat up and rest.” Speaking of which, he rushed back outside and then retrieved a bottle of wine and glasses. “Forgot about these. Normally not a drinker myself, but I think you could use a glass after today. He sat across from her and begun to eat. His belly would soon be happy with him yet as he ate. “You know, now that I think of it, I don’t really interact much with your side of the family. Though I’m sure that it's because of our mothers, or more to the point, mine…”

Belle

Character Info
“So you think that there is anyone who wouldn’t be bothered by this? Do they have a heart? What about the depth of their souls?” Her blue eyes looked at him as she thought about her words. Her kiss caught him off guard and finally, she gave him a good smile. “I hope so Jay… I just get so scared I’m going to mess up.”

Once he turned on his feet for a moment she was upset but it only turned out he was going to fetch them some food. Some much-needed food. “By the way Jay…” She called out before he completely left her. “I’ll always trust you.” It sounded so corny but yet it was the truth. She trusted Jayden with her life and he trusted her just as much.

While he was gone she got dressed in a simple nightgown and left her hair in their own wild curls. “That’s a lot.” She chuckled a bit. These people were good folk. They were just caught in a rough situation. Belle took her share and sat down on one of the stools in her tent. Tilting her head she watched as he ran out. “You are a dork.” She laughed as he brought the wine in. “It sounds like a good idea.” She ate as well and paused when he brought up that they didn’t often interact with each other’s family.

“Most of my siblings are outside of Sularia… So that might be why we don’t interact even though our mothers don’t get along… But I wouldn’t let them fool you. Our mothers are very close they just act like spoiled brats and would be the last to admit it. I think they would be lost without each other.” She poured some wine and sipped on it for a few. It was sweet like what she was used to back home.

They spent the night talking and finishing up their food. They had gone through the entire bottle of wine. He laid with her on her cot and she snuggled her head into the little nook between his neck and shoulder. His arm was around her loosely and it was comfortable. “Hey, Jay?” Belle looked up at him as she pulled the blanket up over them. “Thank you again.” She kissed him gently with a bright blush on her face that could have possibly lit the tent up. She forced herself back down so she could lay her head on him once more.

Jayden Wintercrest

Character Info
He gave a stifled chuckle, “I trust you as well. Don’t ever doubt that.” Jayden had trusted her with his little brother’s life as well as his mother’s and he trusted her out here in the battlefield. It was something that she’d earned and he had to utmost confidence in her. Even if at times, she didn’t have it for herself. She just needed someone to support her through it and he would gladly take that role in a heartbeat.

They settled down and enjoyed their meal and wine. He wasn’t exactly a drinker like his parents, but he could enjoy a drink every now and then. “Aye, I knew of it from when we thought your mother died. My mom was on a warpath and none of us could talk reason into her. She wanted Dalanesca to pay. I think in their own way, they do love each other, but they also love to dislike the other. Not sure what sparked it other than sibling rivalry.” Though his father and uncle were at odds, they only tried to kill the other one. With the Rosenites’ it was a more difficult matter. But he did enjoy Belle’s company greatly.

Before he knew it, they were on her cot. Perhaps he had a bit too much to drink. Perhaps not. But somehow he found himself laying down with her. Jay didn’t mind it, in fact, it was nice. He dared not move to disturb her presence. He was half asleep, being so comfortable when she addressed him and he peeked an eye open. “Yes?” He was going to tell her not to worry about it when she kissed him and made both eyes open wide. He wasn’t…expecting that at all. Was she working up the courage to that the whole time? A spur of the moment? Either way, she retreated and he looked down at her. After a moment, he couldn’t help but laugh but he stopped himself midway. “Why are you hiding? Scared of my reaction? Well, here…” Jayden tilted her head up so that he could kiss her back. Maybe he was working up his own courage towards it and Belle beat him to the punch. “See, nothing wrong here, right? Don’t have to be scared of me.” He lightly chuckled again before he gave her another brief kiss.

Belle

Character Info
The look on his face scared her at first. She didn’t know whether it was a good shocked face or not. Belle had grown close to Jayden for weeks now even past that of family. So she hid and soon he was laughing and she had a blush across her face. Had it really been that silly? No, he surprised her this time as he kissed her. It was a warm light feeling she got when Jayden kissed her and it made her stomach go in silly knots. “I’m not scared of you Jay… I think that would be silly.” Her lips reacted just in time to his brief touch but she was still in a daze thanks to everything.

The Rosenite felt like she had a cat grabbing her tongue as words failed to come to her. He had promised to stay with her and now there was this. Her eyes softened a bit more as she relaxed and her arms wrapped around him the best she could manage. She could hear his strong fast heart from where she was. “Thank you, Jay…” Belle gave him a shy smile as she kissed him again. “For giving me courage when I couldn’t find it myself. I don’t think I could have done anything I have here if it hadn’t been for your words both back at your home and here. I’ve been a constant nervous wreck but your words help me.”

Finally, she got a bit braver as she got closer and pushed the envelope on the elephant in the room. Her lips brushed against his neck and she pressed her nose into his hair briefly. The movement was slow between the two as Jayden quickly caught onto where she was going with the movements. Their first tryst was long, passionate, and loving in many ways that Belle had thought had been missing from her life. She pulled the blanket up over them that they had seemingly knocked off in their moment before snuggling her forehead against his cheek then against his neck as she settled.

Her blue eyes slowly closed as she took his free hand into hers. She had never noticed how much smaller she was compared to him until then and that alone made her smile. Once more she nuzzled him softly before peeking up at him. “So… Curiosity is going to kill me here but… How are you going to tell Toya?” Obviously, this wasn’t just going to be a one-time thing. Jayden didn’t strike her as the type of person who would abandon her after such attachments were made.

Jayden Wintercrest

Character Info
Jayden wasn’t sure how this came to be, how he and Belle found themselves in this situation but he didn’t mind it. In fact, they had been close in a short amount of time and now things looked to go even deeper than before. What started out as an innocent outing for them turned into something more intense and personal. He laid there with her, feeling her lips pressed against his and he embraced it eagerly. With each new action, he started to see her in a far different light and slowly followed her lead and before long they were entangled in unadulterated passion.

By the end of it, which seemed like an eternity, Jayden laid on his back and felt her body over his. Despite the very same blood he carried was that of his father’s and uncle’s, he hadn’t been a rolling stone. In fact, Belle had been his first. It wasn’t out of a lack of trying, but rather he had been focused on other, more important things. But right now, he felt her warmth against him and he couldn’t think of anything else. That was until she spoke of his mother and he softly groaned. “I have no idea. I will have to think of something though. I don’t…intend on just keeping this a secret from her.” Besides, she wouldn’t kill him, would she? He knew that Belle was Angela’s daughter and the sisters’ relationship was far from perfect, but she wouldn’t hold it against her daughter, right? Jay had to think for a moment before realizing that it was a good possibility that she could.

“I’ll speak to my father on how to approach that, he’s more level-headed with this sort of stuff. Are you going to speak with your mother?” He held onto her steadily and close as he thought about this coming for a long time now. “She might think that I just let my father’s blood take over, which I’m sure you might have heard of his reputation in his younger years, but I’m not like him. This was…my first time.” It was an odd thing to say coming from his mouth, but he was being honest with her. “Seemed better with someone that I cared about than a random stranger. And I do care about you alot, Belle.”