Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > I don't like sand... [event:open:r]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
There was a mild disappointment in her eyes when Myouga didn't divulge much about the other drow, but Moliira wasn't too concerned. She had been around for long enough that she could anticipate anyone wanting to harm her. Perhaps it was paranoia, but she wanted to keep track of her kin. At the cackle, a few of the cats scattered, but most only laid their ears back and glared at the pair of intruders. The ability to levitate was a useful one, and Moliira was glad that her acquaintance had thought things through a bit more before acting. The chuckle wasn't contained at the mention of animated cat dolls, and she waited a moment for Myouga to finish the thoughts that were clearly running through her head at top speed. "Well, they could still have some uses. While some people are allergic to cats, many are not. Think of a child who cannot have a cat because of where they live, or someone who wants a pet but not the… mess of keeping one. It wouldn't hurt to look into," the drow said with an amused look in her eyes.  Another thought occurred to the drow, and it would possibly appeal to the eccentric alchemist.  "Another idea, as a training lure for hunting animals.  And hunters pay handsomely for such things, especially when they are rich and have nothing better to do with their money," she said, a sarcastic edge in her voice now.  It was clear she had nothing but contempt for the idle rich.

Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Silver: 0
Hearing Moliira's suggestions, the oni stared wide-eyed at her, gasping. "…Moliira–you're amazing! It's–that's perfect! I could just make regular ol' plain cloth ones for people who sneeze. Oh oh, even better yet I could make a fake cat and fuse the fur into it to make a cat golem! Then, I could sell them to people like you said and people can use them for hunting practice or for fun! If I add in a self-repairing enchantment, then who needs to actually get real animals to hunt for sport?" The arcanist looked like she was so happy that she'd burst. Spinning around in place she clapped her hands together. "It's an amazing, never before thought of business opportunity! Real, fake animal toys for the kiddies and big fake animals for the adults! It'll be a hit!" Her excitement died down when she realized she hadn't even tested the ideas yet.

"Oh right…I forgot. I haven't made my first prototype yet. Well time to get to work! Thanks a bunch for the fur balls!" Taking off her hat and waving it, Myouga clicked her heels and scampered off back into the maze of streets in Aestas. Tonight would be a night like no other, one where a true invention of the decade might be born. She knew it would be great, but would it be the next best thing since the lever? Pushing any feeble doubts she might have had, the mage began to set up her first experiment with a toy cat doll given to her by one of the desert nomads. He probably thought she was a child, but his mistake had turned into a window of opportunity. Laying out the dried hair balls, the next few hours would be filled with humming and the smell of burning fur.  

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
The idea Moliira suggested set off a string of words from Myouga, and she would only watch for a few moments with an amused expression.  It was something akin to watching a small maniacal child plotting something, and it had just come to fruition.  The drow could only nod, she had to admit the idea of a self repairing enchantment would be quite useful for part of Myouga's plan.  It was certainly something she would have to keep her ear to the ground about.  "Well, I am glad I could be a bit of help.  And you know where to look if you need more fur in the future, far easier than trying to catch a cat," Moliira said, knowing feral cat colonies existed just about anywhere there was civilization.

"Best of luck!" Moliira called after the disappearing woman.  Her train of thought had been entertaining to try and follow, and the drow had needed something to distract her from the many thoughts weighing on her mind.  She would have to keep an ear to the ground, and see just what Myouga got up to.  She sauntered through the streets, finding her way back to the tents.  It would be dusk soon, and Moliira preferred that time to hunt.  And there were still a mystery to solve out in the ruined city.  But Moliira decided that she would wait for full night, when she could see the best before taking up the hunt again.