Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > A Hell of Sand [P/R][Event]
Vibrato

Character Info
Name: Gerard di Vervaine
Alignment: CN
Race: Nokken
Class: Bard
Silver: 0
If there was a ranking of the happiest people in the world, he likely would've made it to the top ten. His head was spinning when she said yes, and when she asked him to make a promise he didn't refuse. "Absolutely, without exception. Even if it's Bertram." Somewhere in Feeorin, a large crow sneezed and cawed. It looked around, then resumed its disgruntled posture. Holding her, he turned to see the gaping hole created thanks to their combined efforts. Kissing her back he returned the smirk and they left what should've been a rather nasty rigged treasure chamber. He was on cloud nine, and though he was hiding it–had his heart racing. Of course he had to keep himself contained, they weren't safe quite yet and they still were missing the seeds they were looking for. 

"This place is a headache of a maze. Do you see any clues to where they'd store seeds or grain?" Inspecting the walls for any hints, there was a mural where scenes of daily life in Aysut were depicted. The land was truly fertile back then, with agriculture flourishing and fishing plentiful around the central structures which likely served as places of worship. All of it wasted by a massive temper tantrum. Come to think of it, where would they keep those things? Treasure made sense in this situation, but how was he supposed to find something most people would ignore? Seeing another scarab scuttle by, he froze it solid and left it out for its kin to see as a reminder. He hated pests and this pyramid was full of them. The special 'exit' they had made disrupted the normal layout of the corridors, so he had no idea where they were or in what direction things would lead. 

Then he got an idea. "…What am I, some kind of fool? Of course, I have something in here for that." Pulling out a small prism of pink crystal, he held it in his hand and willed it to show him where the ancient seeds were kept. It took a few seconds, but a thin beam of light then shone from it, pointing to its location relative to where they were standing. The beam of light stood out from the flickering green fire torches, and his gaze followed it. "A wall. Well that shouldn't be a problem, right Talise?" He said, giving her a cheeky grin.

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Talise

Character Info
Name: Talise Rose
Alignment: LN
Race: Fairy/Rosenite
Class:
Silver: 799
She was feeling a bit too good. It was almost a drunk feeling. “I swear I’m going to inhale all of my hookah when we get home… You are welcome to join. We can have a relaxing bath.” She floated over all of the body parts and broken wall as they moved. She was calming herself down so that they could focus on why they were here.

“None… I am not that good with direction if I cannot feel the wind.” She gave him a frown as she thought about it more. Maybe there was a way to make it easier. This was disorienting, to say the least as they took care of any scarabs they came across.

“Not a fool… a damn genius. Not many would think to use artifacts in such a way.” Looking at the wall she understood where he was going with it. “Oh well… don’t mind if I do. It might help the case.” She took the fan and began the assault on the pyramid.

Walls crumbled like nothing as she made them entrances and exits. There was one pissed off lich coming down the corridor. She smirked. “Ready my Love?” It was combined effort, from her she unleashed a hurricane right inside the larger room the lich was. It would at least give them time to get away from him.

While that distracted the creature they went deeper into the pyramid until the light slowed to a crawl. It didn’t take her long to bust that wall down as they made their way into what appeared to be a food storage. “Oh… look at all the seeds… Maybe we should take a lot of them back with us and experiment.” She rubbed the ring on her hand now as she blushed and smiled at Gerard before looking at the seeds.

Vibrato

Character Info
"I'll get back to you on the first one. For the second, that's a yes." He gave her a wink as he stepped over the dismembered arm of a mummy who had been unfortunate enough to be hit by the wall's shrapnel. But did it really matter? It was already dead, so it would just be put out of its miserable existence. They began blasting through the walls with the combined forces of gale-force winds and the freezing hail of blizzards. One by one the pyramid's structural integrity was being lowered as they steadily approached their goal. When the lich came down to intervene, they blew him away and kept him occupied. If he didn't want people breaking down the walls, then he should've placed a directory.

When the final wall came tumbling down, they finally came upon what they had all been looking for. It was a storeroom for crops, and as expected there was seed saved for next year's plantings. Jars and urns full of ancient varieties now lost to the world were sitting before them, waiting to be reintroduced. Gerard held his breath as he tried to see how many types he could recognize. Talise was just as awed as he was. "Oh… look at all the seeds… Maybe we should take a lot of them back with us and experiment." She turned to him and smiled. He was feeling his face become a little warm as well, and added: "Yes, we should. I'd hate to leave any behind, but I'll at least take a handful of everything. Actually…nobody will mind if we just pour them all into a larger jar. Later on when we replant them we can guess what each one will be." Finding the largest container, he consolidated the seeds from the smaller urns into it. Pouring carefully, he made sure not a single was left to waste. For all the hassle they had gone through to get here, it was worth it.

When the last kernels were in, he began to shape a small stream of water. Molding it like clay, he spread it out like a layer over the lip of the container, then froze it into a plate of ice to seal it off. The seeds would stay inside without being damaged. "That's everything in here. I wager he'll be here any minute. It would be a shame if that lich were to interrupt us… After tearing up his little project I'd almost feel pity for him. …Almost. Shall we go?" He interlaced his fingers with hers as he took her hand. 

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Talise

Character Info
Name: Talise Rose
Alignment: LN
Race: Fairy/Rosenite
Class:
Silver: 799
“Hookah isn’t too bad… I swear.” Talise gave him an amused look as they continued on their journey. Together they brought down many things and even the Lich was forced to retreat for a time.

Once they were in the seed room she was glad that he was receptive to her idea and nodded to him. “I would hate to leave them to rot too… It would take us forever to even dig through the sands to find this damned place once it is back under…” She groaned a bit thinking about it. “No one cares if we take the seeds because no one thinks long term… At least we could keep growing what we find and make a nice profit off of it for the rest of our lives… Gold and silver is such a short-term solution.” Hardly creative.

She helped him condensed the seeds into the bigger urns and was going through them trying to see if she could identify any of them. She couldn’t of course but there was no harm in at least trying. She tilted her head and watched what he did with the water next. The seal was quite ingenious. “Good idea Love.” She entwined her fingers with his and smiled at the work. “We should… Though I don’t care how the smelly Lich feels. We should have caused enough damage that the rest of the people should have an easier time bringing him down.”

Tilting her head she smirked. “Should we just gate out of here… Gate the seeds out of here and create more damage… or maybe walk out with the seeds creating as much damage as possible as we leave? I am actually all for gating out of here with the seeds and just enjoying our peace and quiet back home. We have a lot of planning to do.”

Vibrato

Character Info
Looking around, he thought it over. "I'd say we've been in this arid morgue long enough. Let's bring the seeds with us back home through a portal. We'll be able to clean and dress your wound better too. I don't want to even see sand for at least another year." He grumbled at the last bit, having had his fill of deserts. Gerard was already missing the coolness of the forest and Kelpie's antics. Being in Aysut had been more draining on him than he had thought, with him having a near scare when Talise had gotten injured, the impromptu proposal, and Talise accepting in a heartbeat. "Let the dead bury the dead. We have seeds to tend to."

When the portal was ready, he would bring the sealed urn filled with ancient seeds through into their hideaway in Feeorin. He was excited and eager to start planting, but perhaps he could begin tomorrow. The air rushing through from the other side was revitalizing, giving a great contrast against the pyramid's stagnancy. Pulling the urn through, the seeds of the past were now in safe hands. However as he did so, a thought which slipped his mind struck him. His face turning into a scowl, he realized something rather important. "…Confound it! We were just in Canelux! And only miles away from your mother no less! Gods, I bet she saw everything." Having gotten caught up in the moment with his proposal, he didn't think of where they were then. The goddess would definitely be hounding them for dates and times now, especially after that. At least they lived in Parvpora, so she didn't have absolute authority there. 

Speaking of holy matrimony, that was one thing they would have to work around. As long as they were on Canelux, the goddess could show up at any moment. If they didn't want things to become troublesome, they had to find a place out of the Mother's grasp. "We'll need to be on our toes now that she's aware. At least we don't need to cross over the Nyella any time soon." Talise knew her mother better than he did, so he was sure she'd come up with a plan. Although he had only met the Mother once, she was a well-meaning, if rather enthusiastic woman. Since he and her daughter weren't social butterflies, this was a problem. "No use worrying about that I suppose, first things first–planting." He sighed.