Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Endapano > A Casual Encounter [P]
Noodles

Character Info
Name: Jillian Strongarm
Alignment: TG
Race: Halfling
Class: Wandering Knight
Silver: 167
"I'm not sure of what you're trying to convince me of, it's as if you think my explaining yourself and your views that somehow I'll change my mind, or find the behavior you're describing as excusable. I don't give a shite if it is the law that resorts to such behavior, or rather I do! Even more so, if the people set in place to provide law and order are so low as to resort to blackmail, truly it is a corrupt group that has no business being in any sort of position of power." She spits out, her disgust clearly set in her expression, "Such actions are inexcusable! The views you are expressing to me tell me a multitude of things, they are dark, selfish ones that put a sour taste in my mouth. Perhaps in 'moderation' it can be a valuable tool to defend against the same. Fighting fire with fire is excusable, but the way you speak of it there is no moderation, not an ounce of regulation, only total lack of care for other people, and selfish desires above all else."

The halfling woman narrowed her eyes, "Honor is one of the few things that separates us from savage beasts and tyrants. I place my faith in other people, and for those that do the same I'd sooner give up my own life than to forsake their trust. Dying as an honorable defender of those who can do little to protect themselves is far better than living as someone so selfish, dark, or fiendish that would take advantage of their weakness."
She didn't seem angry with Sane, disgusted and disappointed were emotions that came to mind, but not anger. Jillian was a woman very set in her ways, and very passionate about her beliefs, and what Sane was spouting was the polar opposite of many of those beliefs.

"So no, I do not approve, and I find your amusement with what just came out of your mouth disturbing."
Delusory Demon

Character Info
Name: Sane
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Psionic Master
Silver: 1337
Again, such a response had been the last thing Sane had expected. It was annoying. He raised his eyebrows mockingly. She was acting so high and mighty all of a sudden. He no longer cared what she thought and found her attitude equally unpalatable so niceties were no longer necessary. He had already failed to stay in her good graces and while he suspected things might have been different if he had stopped himself earlier in his speech, he knew there was no point in beating himself up over it. She was the one at fault here, not him. All that was that he find out what he could about her without telepathy, yet even this seemed less important when all he wanted to do was show her that he was right. He had told her the truth as he knew it and he wanted to defend it. Yet he wasn't sure how.

"It saddens me that you would respond so negatively to the truth when you would probably have lapped a lie from my hand," He sighed, "But then that is where honesty and honour gets you, Jillian. I would very much like to help you see things my way but you claim that any explanations will not work. That seems very stubborn and narrow minded but there is nothing I can do without your cooperation. All that ritualistic regulation must be too far ingrained," In truth, a little mental manipulation would go a long way but Sane was trying to avoid that sort of thing for now. At least while he figured out what it was he wanted to do, "Would you like me to lie to you so you can hear what you want to or shall I continue to be direct? Do you even want to continue speaking to the likes of myself? I can go. You've got your drink out of me and your empty, idle chatter. I can leave you to wallow in ignorance. You can continue to believe that all the problems, disagreements and suffering in the world can be solved with endless duels and pointless contests, hitting people with lutes chopping them up with swords. Because that sort of thing is so much better than a bit of careful blackmail. " The last sentence had been dripping with sarcasm. He laughed openly again, this time at her. "Yes, I am responsible with all the tools I use, whatever it is that you want to think. Your kind always think you are better than everyone else but you're not. You cause suffering like everyone else every day and there is nothing you can do about it so you hide from the fact and live in denial. Some of the things you have said make sense but all of the things I have said make sense and yet you act like it was so unreasonable."

Sane downed the rest of his water, preparing to leave. Sweetness climbed down the back of his head and made her way around to sit on his shoulder supportively. Are we leaving? She asked curiously. It was more in his character to stay and fight harder. He usually loved a challange so she didn't really understand.

Perhaps, it depends what she does next. He replied, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find out much from her now. She must be convinced I am evil from the way she talks, like I am diseased demon. I hate to say it, but I think this one mighe be a lost cause. But we shall see, depending on what she does now.

Oh honey, don't take her seriously! She doesn't know a thing. You're ten time better than her. Diseased demon indeed! Sweetness huffed and glared at the Halfling, who would now be able to see her clearly on her perch. The pixie was sitting and hugging Sane's neck lightly. She then stuck her tongue out at Jillian so she could get a glimpse of the tiny person's razor sharp teeth.

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Noodles

Character Info
"Oh, I am very stubborn, my code of honor is deeply ingrained. It will follow me everywhere I go until the day I draw my last breath. I am not, however, narrow-minded, or ignorant, I make it a point to learn all I can about the world, those in it, and their beliefs. There are those who are smarter than I, and I'm certain there are those who are wiser than I. I don't claim to be better than anyone, there is always someone better. I don't believe myself to be higher than anyone, and perhaps my actions may cause undue suffering in some circumstances, I am not so foolish to believe that I am perfect. I do know what I have seen with my own two eyes. I do far more good than I do harm, traveling from place to place to offer assistance where I can. You believe that the look on a mother's face when her child is returned is that of suffering?- or perhaps when bandits are brought to justice." She countered. By this point, Sane's words were beginning to irritate her, it was one thing to share your beliefs, but it was quite another to claim that Jillian was ignorant and 'living in denial'

"You sound so very confident about what you think you know about me, but in truth, you know very, very little. The ignorance you claim is mine, is your own. I've been to many places and seen many things, some of which I wish I had not. So don't you ever dare to call me ignorant, boy.

The little woman took a deep breath, "There is no reason for you to go, I am small, but I am not so little a person that I cannot exchange differing opinions. I am not the only one here that is stubborn, my young friend." Sweetness caught Jillian's eye, and the halfling regarded her with a warm smile and a wink, "And who is this?- A lovely a lady if I've ever seen one." Jillian complimented, her good mood seemingly returning. She did not want to spend her time arguing, there would be no winner, and it would only leave her in a sour mood.
Delusory Demon

Character Info
Name: Sane
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Psionic Master
Silver: 1337
So Sane sat stiffly and didn't move. He wasn't sure he could let go of all the things she had said to him and yet she seemed to have forgotten their whole verbal conflict already. It was annoying and made him feel on edge. If only he could just dip inside and see what she was thinking he knew he would feel so much more at home. He probably spent most of his life in people's heads so it was no wonder he felt out of touch when he wasn't. But for now he would not allow himself that luxury. Nothing had changed. He till had nothing else to do except continue to try and find out her secrets as best he could.

He now knew where he stood with her better than before. She wouldn't willingly tell him things because of honour so he would have to make her slip up somehow. People made such mistakes when they were tired, relaxed or angry. She seeemed none of these things right now so he would have to choose one to try and stear her towards. Tired would take more time than he was willing to give He couldn't be asked to keep her awake for that long. Relaxed would be a challange after recent events and angry was too volitile. But a new idea struck him. Alcohol often loosened the tongue.

"I think the fact you called me and my beliefs selfish, dark and fiendish fairly earns me the right to accuse you of ignorance and denail, my dear woman." He couldn't help but mutter before looking her in the eye, "But enough of this arguing. I apolygise for my harsh words. I did not mean the worst of them. I think perhaps we both spoke in anger. Might I buy you another drink?" Then he gestured to the pixie, who was well aware of his new plan of action through telepathy, "This here is Sweetness,"  He introduced, "She is indeed lovely. She is my most close and trusted partner in life. She cannot speak in any normal language that has words - hers is like the languages that animals share - but I can translate if she wishes to speak to you."

He failed to tell her on purpose that her particular language was one of the most obscur and difficult he had ever encountered and that it was one even he didn't know. But that was because he still didn't plan to tell her of their usual methods of communication. It was fine, he thought, Jillian wouldn't know any better.

Sweetnes herself leaned more realxedly against Sane and tried to look less annoyed at the halfling they were trying again to befriend. She wasn't best pleased at the way the other has spoken to her beloved Sane but she was willing to put that aside for the sake of building nessessary relations. And it did help that the woman had complimented her. She liked compliments from anybody, though they were best coming from Sane. She chattered quietly for show and then communicated to him mentally. Tell her I say 'hello' then.

"In fact, she says 'hello' now." He did as asked.

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Noodles

Character Info
Jillian actually seemed to have relaxed again- perhaps not entirely, but she was no longer irritated, and though her opinion on Sane had changed, drastically, she had a feeling there was a reason behind the way he was. There was always a reason. There was certainly a reason for why she became who she was then, and why she didn't like to dwell on the past for too long.

"Perhaps," She said in response to Sane's muttering, "Since you're offering!- I rarely turn down a free drink! What are taverns for but to drink and socialize? I accept your apology as well and offer my own. We all have our reasons for being the way we are. I know my own upbringing lead me into the beliefs I hold today, and into the oaths, I made many years ago." She said seriously, before finishing off what was left of the mug on the bar counter, before waving the bartender back over and nodding to Sane.

"That is good, though. It is good to have trusted companions. A name most befitting of such a lovely thing. I'm sure she is as clever as she is beautiful as well!, as I doubt you make your choice in companions lightly." Jillian nods at Sweetness again in response to her hello, "I apologize to you as well. If you are truly close, I imagine I have insulted you as well. I hope you will forgive me. I am not only stubborn but sworn to my ways." She looked back to Sane, "I disagree with your way of thinking, and ideas, as you so obviously do my own, but I do not condemn you, nor Sweetness, for them. But!- I digress, let us find something different to speak about. Is there anything else you wish to talk about?- Sweetness included. Any questions she may have will be answered as well if she has them."