Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Endapano > A Casual Encounter [P]
Noodles

Character Info
Name: Jillian Strongarm
Alignment: TG
Race: Halfling
Class: Wandering Knight
Silver: 167
It felt good to rest her feet, and her rump, and really the entirety of her body. Walking all the time everywhere kept her fit, but oh how terribly sore she could end up on especially long days. That day hadn't been too terrible, mostly just exploring the town she had come into. Little legs meant more effort to put into traveling the same distance your average human had to put in. It beat traveling in the wilderness though!- excitement and exploration often came at the cost of even more effort, irritation, and loss of comfort- and despite how much the little woman loved to travel, she still loved the comfort and warmth of a tavern that nature often was often loath to provide to the odd traveler. 

She supposed she shouldn't complain too much!- there she was in a tavern in fairly good company. There wasn't anyone to particularly loud, at least no louder than most people in a tavern at the end of a long day could be!  The Halfling herself had only just settled in, going slower on the drink than she did once she really got settled in. Despite her size, she could easily down more than just a few drinks, one of her many talents she liked to say!

Jillian sort of smiled to herself at that thought, there she was talking to herself in a tavern full of people! What she needed was someone to talk to, or better yet someone to drink with! Yes, that was an excellent idea! Who though?- A lot of the people in there were already preoccupied, or too drunk to be good for anything more than slight entertainment. 
It felt good to rest her feet, and her rump, and really the entirety of her body. Walking all the time everywhere kept her fit, but oh how terribly sore she could end up on especially long days. That day hadn't been too terrible, mostly just exploring the town she had come into. Little legs meant more effort to put into traveling the same distance your average human had to put in. It beat traveling in the wilderness though!- excitement and exploration often came at the cost of even more effort, irritation, and loss of comfort- and despite how much the little woman loved to travel, she still loved the comfort and warmth of a tavern that nature often was often loath to provide to the odd traveler.
Delusory Demon

Character Info
Name: Sane
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Psionic Master
Silver: 1337
And here he was in a tavern again, looking for somthing or someone to amuse him. He almost couldn't believe it. He really needed to change something about his lifestyle if he was becoming so bored that he could be driven to such a place so often. He paused in the doorway as the stench of alcohol hit him before making his way to the bar. He actually decided to pay for his beverage for once as he dropped a coin onto the counter and ordered a glass of water. He then sat down reluctantly next to a tiny halfling woman who looked just as in need of amusement as himself, though he ignored her for now. Instead he opened up his mind and began scanning the minds of everyone around him in an effort to find something that interested him. The halfling next to him was called Jillian…

But that was as far as he got because Sweetness, his little wingless pixie, made herself known from her place on top of his head. She was there because she had previously insisted on curling into his hair and gripping on tight to the strands while they moved about. He had tried to tell her she would almost certainly fall as soon as she tried to fall asleep but it was no use; that was the way she had wanted to travel today and Sane in the end had only sighed as he gave in to her nagging. Now she used telepathy to communicate, as it was the only way she and Sane ever did speak. The young human noted that she sounded more than a little tired and reached up to offer to lift her down to where she could nap safely.

Sane, don't scan the people. Talk to them and you will find it much more entertaining. She counciled him, In fact, I dare you to get through a whole conversation with that halfling without peeking in her head once. - And no, I am not coming down! Your hair is nice and soft. Get your hand away!

Sane blinked and lowered his hand. He had nothing better to do and he liked a good dare any day to chase away the boredom. The funny thing was, though, that usually such
challanges were about using more psionics, not less. Fine, whatever you say. He responded and turned to the halfling.

"Hello there! Could I buy you a drink?"

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Noodles

Character Info
The halfling didn't even hesitate with her response, "You sure can." It was only after that she responded did she actually look at the source of the voice. A young human, looked like he was barely an adult at that. Still!- company was company, and a free drink was a free drink. Perhaps she had the slightest drinking problem if she'd accept a free drink from anyone that would offer one, or perhaps she was just in an extra good mood. She waved the bartender down and pointed the young man beside her, "A cider please, it's on him!"

Jillian let out a good-natured laugh as she turned to look at Sane, a great big smile that went from cheek to cheek filled her face, "Thanks for the drink!- name's Jillian, but you can call me Jill if you'd prefer. Either-or!" She leaned in a bit towards him, "The real question is, who might you be?" This woman was rather sociable, to say the least, she seemingly exuded confidence. Of course of all the places to be sociable, a tavern was one of the better places. 

She crossed one leg over the other as she waited for his answer as if whatever he was about to say was a secret she was just dying to hear.
Delusory Demon

Character Info
"It's a pleasure to make your aquaintence Jillian," He said, his jaw clenching and knotting slightly as he resisted the urge to read her thoughts about him, "My name is Sane. I'm nobody special." He lied expertly. Of course he was special. He was a telepath and he could control and bend people to his will. He was often regarded the best assassin, thief, spy and sabotour in the whole of Canelux and Parvpora put together. That is, by the few people that were allowed to know about him. Most people had never even heard of him. "Please, tell me about yourself. I'm sure you look quite interesting with that mighty sword of yours." He thought it best not to mention her scars lest it was a sensitive topic for her.

I really hope I'm doing this rigtht, Sweetness, because I'm not enjoying myself yet. He thought to the pixie. At this point the barkeeper arrived with the woman's drink and Sane dropped another couple of coins at the counter, barely bothering to look at the barkeeper as he did so.

Give it a chance! She scolded, Just talk to her and don't worry about anything else. It shouldn't be long until you are enjoying it like every other normal person does. She teased. Then again, don't enjoy yourself too much or else I might get jealous.

He looked at the jolly halfling. She did seem the 'fun' type, oozing confidence and charisma. Then again, maybe not quite as much as himself on his better days when he was putting in the effort. Right now was obviously not such a time. He felt dead inside. Maybe she would have some ideas for a lively activity they could partake in together. Something that didn't involve getting stupidly drunk or playing darts. These normal tavern activities weren't usually his cup of tea.

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Noodles

Character Info
"Which is it then?- Sane, or Nobody Special?" She said, smile turning into a very slight smirk at her own god awful joke. Her gaze lowered to look at the sword that hung sheathed by her side, like a wolf in a muzzle, "Ah, my sword. It is indeed quite mighty. Dragon-slayer, holy symbol of long lost gods, enchanted with the mightiest of magic!" She said in a softened tone, eyes wide as if she were telling a story before her expression relaxes and she lets out another laugh, "Things that this sword is not!- Reliable though, I'll give it that much." She said with a waggle of her brow, "It doesn't even have an interesting backstory. Just something I purchased years back and have kept serviceable. Done its job well enough!- I'm still alive."

She turned to grab the drink off the counter and took a few large gulps from it, "Ahh, but about me, huh?- I'm just a traveler!- I wander from place to place, looking for things to do. I suppose you could refer to me as a blade for hire, but I've worked for free plenty, so that'd be inaccurate! This'd actually be my first time in this particular city." She explained, all her words seemed truthful enough, she didn't really seem like the person who would have anything to hide, in fact, she rather seemed like a person who expressed whatever they felt when they felt it. 
Delusory Demon

Character Info
That did sound like a pretty nice weapon, even if it wasn't anything of ledgend. His own daggers, conceled at his right hip by his large cloak, were the sort you could in buy in any town or city. Still, they worked, somthing he was sure those that had died by them would agree with if they could speak from the grave. However, he decided that it was probably best not to talk so morbidly and instead took a sip of his water while he listened to her talking and making terrible jokes. Not that he minded, her mood was starting to rub off on him and he found himself feeling the slightest bit less miserable.

"My name is Sane," He repeated blandly to her quip, "And it sounds like you do well enough for yourself with its help. You should be pleased. Most people dream of doing that sort of thing but never quite manage it." He also voted to omit any mention of her height, even if it was to compliment her having overcome its disadvantages. He knew he was probably coming across as a little too serious at the moment but he was having trouble thinking of jokes or small talk to make. He supposed it was his turn to share something about himself, "I carry daggers for self defence." And assassination, murder, blackmail, the list goes on. He thought. Sweetness responded by hiccupping on the top of his head. She found his thoughts funny and grinned impishly.

Noodles

Character Info
Jillian nodded in agreement. Admittedly the sword at her side had helped her out of more than a few situations she doubted her bare hands would have helped her out of, and she was rather fond of having it at her side, "That I do, Sane, and I am, quite pleased. I wanted adventure and excitement since I was a wee li'l girl, and eventually, I got it, and I experience it sometimes too often, but that just makes you appreciate the slow, lazy days like today. It's always important to be thankful of downtime because sometimes there are times when you aren't sure how long it'll be until you get to sit in a nice place like this!" She said thoughtfully, with a waggle of a finger at Sane, "And that's good, always important to defend yourself. Being able to rely on others to defend you is all well and good, but it doesn't do you any good if those people aren't around!" 

"I know what you're thinking…"
She started with a short pause, "How do you get any more 'wee' than this, huh?" She snorted, "Very, very carefully."
Her brow furrowed for a moment, but then relaxed just as quickly, "You always come into taverns to compliment older women, or are you especially in need of amusement today?" She said with a hum, "You look a little young to hang around places like this all day, too many things to be doing- unless I'm completely wrong and you're older than you look."
Delusory Demon

Character Info
Sane had to disagree. It was all to often that Sane found himself with 'down time' and he was pretty fed up on it. What's more, he would hardly classify a place like this as 'nice', at all. It was a tasteless, unrefined and poisonous place to be, where people intentionally hindered their capacity for intellegent and coherant thought so that they could act like lunatics for a night without regret. If people were really so keen to make fools of themselves and act purely on impulse, they should take responsibility and not hide behind the excuse that they were drunk. After all, had they not chosen to become inebriated of their own volition?

But still, the telepath said nothing of these thoughts, instead listening in silence to her cheerful chattering. When she decided to accuse him of being first of being too young to be in a drinking establishment and second of being the sort to suck up to older women, he raised his brows incredulously. Did he look like a child or like he was that desperate for attention? He would have been thoroughly offended if she hadn't been so obviously teasing. Instead, he only felt mildly irritated. Above him, Sweetness snickered before falling deathly silent. Sorry, honey, She said telepathically, We both know you're very handsome and its usually other people who compliment you. I'm sure you could have any woman or man you wished, though obviously you don't need any of them because you have me and I am the best. So pay no mind to her joke. She meant nothing by it, I can assure you.

Sane grinned. Sweetness always knew exactly what to say to make him feel better. All that flattery made him feel much more his usual self. In light if this, he was able to reply to the halfling without snarking or jibing or meddling with her head to 'make her pay'. Instead he replied like a normal person would, casually continuing the conversation. Infact he spoke with some of his ususal charm and confidence again. It was as though he were just waking up or returning from the grey land of the dead as the light returned to his eyes.

"Really!? I look that young to you?" He questioned, "I know of boys my age in the country villages and farming towns who are recently married and trying for their first child! What harm am I doing by being in a tavern compared to that? Unless you are wildly off the mark and have mistake me for a thirteen year old, I am probably the age I look physically, though I can assure you I am quite mentally advanced in comparison due to reasons of my own. Not that that matters." He waves his hand dismissivly and turned to wink at her playfully, "You do yourself a disservice, Jillian. You hardly seem that old to me. Quite the contrary, you seem full of youthful life." Aware that he might be going a bit overboard he laughed and moved on, "I am here because I have finished all my tasks for this time. I am quite good at my job if I may say so myself and now I have nothing better to do and nowhere else to be except at home. So yes, you could say I am idle and in need of amusement. That's where you come in. You are to be my entertainment by talking to me."

Noodles

Character Info
"I would never be able to mistake you as a child, and I never said you were too young to be in a tavern, just that you were too young to be wasting your time in here. You're an adult though, you can make whatever decisions for yourself you'd like. No one has the right to challenge that much, at least." She said with a shrug, "And you're absolutely right, there are plenty of young lads and lasses that are already in a rush to start a family, it irks me to no end, but perhaps a life of adventure isn't for everyone. Some people are better at nothing more than settling down. Not that I have any right to judge." 

In fact, the idea that young humans were often pushed to marry and start families at just the cusp of adulthood saddened her- not much, but it was there. Of course, she was not free from youthful love, and the mistakes that were often made because of it.

"Hah!- I never said I was old!- just older than you. I still have plenty of years to me!- I haven't slowed down any since I was your age." She nodded at Sane, "And I can see that you are most certainly more mature that most young men, at least in terms of humans and halflings." The little woman let out a loud snort, "I'm your entertainment, am I?- Some folks might take that the wrong way, but I understand whatcha mean, and I have no issues with it- To be rather honest I was awfully bored myself, you came right in the nick of time! Probably would have keeled over right on the spot, too!" She snickered, "I hope I'm doing a good job, but you're still here, so I must be, or else you're just awfully polite."

Delusory Demon

Character Info
It was good to know that she meant him no offense but the misunderstanding between them was most unsettling. It was not often that he mistook the meaning other people because he could derive exactly what they meant from their mind. However, he continued to smile and nod at the halfling politely. He agreed with what she said; not everyone could be great and daring. Some people had to stay at home and learn the basic trades. However, he saw no reason at all that anyone should feel the need to marry at such young ages. It was usually tradition and obligation that encouaged them to do it. Sane had to respect such things as intergril to human life, even if he didn't agree with them, and so he didn't get worked up or angry about it. He accepted it as one of the many terrible facets of reality that he saw often in the minds of the miserable and the damned.

On a lighter note, Jillian continued to counter the things he said as being part of a misunderstanding. He refrained from pulling any ugly faces, however, and continued to listen. It was a good job he did, because he soon realised that she was complimenting him, not in the obvious way that Sweetness did, but still saying things that made him puff with pride. Of course he was mature, of course he was better than most males (and females) his age, and of course he was a free human being able to do anything he pleased. No law, regulation or person could stop him from getting what he wanted.

"Yes, you are doing an adequate job for now."
He said smugly but with a hint of joking in his voice, "I can assure you that you are more entertaining than anything else I can think of to be doing now - which admittedly isn't much - but nonetheless, there are much more boring people than yourself. I am also polite. I was raised to have good manners and I always try to treat people well, as long as give me the respect I am due." He took another sip of water, sitting up straight and feeling much rejuvenated from all the good words of the two females present, "So what do you generally talk about when drinking in taverns? Or are you the sort that enjoys getting involved with the brawls, games and competitions."