Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Zobisika Beach > Lovely Day [p]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
“Yes! We both would like to leave.” She explained with a cheery expression, “Well you don’t have to worry about getting me home. I think any Onnen mainland would work for me. I don't know about Mira but I'm certain she would like to go somewhere.”

The aquiline male with copper feathers had a look of confusion on his face as she talked about not worrying about getting home. Attie glanced to Mira, wondering where the little girl was wanting to go. It was clear that the child didn’t have a parent or anything like that, but homeless children was not a new thing for Attie to see. Suddenly the golden-eyed Anlo-Ewe began to speak and ask her questions.

“Oh, I got here because I jumped off a flying ship. I wanted to see what it would be like to fall really fast through the air. Luckily, I landed in the ocean and swam up to the island.” Attie said with a smile as though things like that were a normal occurrence, “Though I was very close to breaking a leg. Hmmm. I’ll have to see what breaking a leg is like another time.”

She spoke the last part about breaking her leg a bit quieter, more to herself than to anybody else. An idea popped into her mind as she stared up at the sky. Perhaps the solution was in the sky, the same way that the Anlo-Ewe came to the island. Placing her hand on her chin, she pondered what would be needed for a spell like this. From what she remembered, this spell would need more power and concentration than what she was used to.

Actually, I have an idea.” She suddenly said, “I know a spell that can transform myself into a flying creature. But I’ll need two feathers, a hair of a beast, and plenty of space. Would you mind if we stayed a little bit longer to gather these things? Once we leave, we will be out of your ha- er feathers.”

The golden-eyed Anlo-Ewe nodded and pointed towards an empty hut for them to stay at while they collected the ingredients. It appeared as though they were calmer around the two newcomers, though still cautious but it was clear that both of them had no plans to create trouble. Turning to Mira, Attie kneeled down and took a thin blanket out of her own backpack. She handed the blanket to the child, hoping it would help cover the precious orb.

“Here. It’s a little uncomfortable to keep hiding it like that. Maybe this blanket will make it easier.”
Attie suggested.  
Vajra

Character Info
Name: Mira
Alignment: TG
Race: Possessed Object
Class: Tsukumogami
Her request led to murmuring from the Anlo-Ewe, with some believing it was suspicious. How did they know that she wasn't intending to hex them using said feathers? She was an outsider, as well. After an intense discussion among themselves, they decided they would select whom would provide the girl with their feathers. While they went to retrieve what Attie required, two guards stayed close should this human prove herself two-faced. During the wait, Attie knelt down and gave Mira a blanket. She said she could use it to cover her precious treasure more easily, and then wouldn't have to worry about having it seen or taken. Throwing careful glances at the bird-men, the younger girl took it and used it like a cape. The fabric was long enough to cover the purple-blue sphere and when Mira ran, the billowing folds hid its shape. Satisfied with how well it worked, she smiled and put her hands on her hips confidently. The group of Anlo-Ewe returned with the items Attie had asked for, and handed them to her. They were watching her every move expectantly despite giving her space, and more of the tribe was gathering to see. There were individuals bearing staves and headdresses within the spectators, mages or healers likely. Rumor of what the human girl was going to do had spread. They had heard of shamans of other tribes in Onnen who could take the shapes of animals, though this was the first time they had heard outsiders not from Onnen were able to do so. 

Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
A small smile appeared on Attie's face as she watched Mira use the blanket as a cape instead of wrapping the orb up as Attie had expected. Suddenly, the group of Anlo-Ewe returned and gave her the ingredients that Attie needed for the spell. She took a moment to observe the ingredients to ensure that they would work for the spell. None of the feathers were broken and the hair of the beast was long enough. Taking a sturdy stick into her hand, she began dragging it across the ground, creating a diamond shape with little symbols inside. There were four symbols at the top, left, right, and bottom of the diamond shape. The top of the diamond held a symbol that appeared to be wings, the bottom held a symbol that appeared to represent a beast.  The left held the symbol of a Caterpillar while the right held the symbol of a butterfly. Walking into the diamond, she made a waving motion to signal to the tribe that the magic was about to begin. 

"Everybody, stay out of the diamond. If anybody were to walk into this diamond while the spell is being caste, that person will be hurt intensely." She instructed.

Attie placed the hair on the bottom of the diamond and the two feathers on the top of the diamond. She closed her eyes and began muttering words. The wings symbol at the top of the diamond began glowing with a bright white light. The light was neither warm nor cold and would not hurt nor help the eyes. A dark green glow erupted from the beast symbol. The other two symbols glowed with a light blue light. As Attie continued to mutter the enchantment, the light began to rise and started swirling in the are, though it remained contained within the diamond drawn in the dirt. Suddenly the magical light wrapped around Attie and covered her as though it was a cocoon. Attie could not be seen nor heard from until the light died down and faded away.

Instead of a human girl standing in the center of the diamond, a griffin stood proudly. Attie had successfully made the transformation spell! Her beastly eyes widened with delight as she spun around, trying to get a good look at her body. Instead of legs and arms, she had four legs. Her back legs were from a lion and her front legs were the claws of an eagle. On her back were two gorgeous brown wings. Despite the new body adjustments, her senses remained about the same. She could see farther than before but her nose and ears could pick up the same as when she was a human. 

Turning to the diamond shape drawn in the ground, Attie quickly raked her front claws across the symbols and diamond. Normally Attie would have simply explained that repeating the spell could be dangerous but she hadn't the ability to speak anymore. Her mouth was too strange and different to be able to form words like a human. Once she was done, the ground had been scratched beyond recognition. Turning to Mira, she realized that her new form might have seemed frightening to the child. In an attempt to show that she was not hostile, Attie bowed her brown eagle head to the child in a display of friendship.