Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Benin, Grand Capital of Fulani > The Great Blueberry Incident [p/r]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
“Are you sure you're up for this?” the client asked, seemingly concerned about the state Lewis was in.  “I know you're retired, but…”

Xeik, Lewis, Simone, and a client stood well outside a small village’s limits.  It was a rather sunny day for an assassination, but one was to take place that day, and with the unlikeliest of weapons.

Lewis stood proud, a bushel of blueberries in his hand.  “I'm fine.  I really am,” the ex-assassin reiterated for what was likely not the last time.  “I know I can do this.”

Xeik, who has come along out of sheer curiosity, crossed his arms.  “You're insane.  Absolutely insane.  There's no way this is going to work.  You *cannot* kill someone with blueberries.  Not like this.”

The blueberry assassin turned to Xeik with a twinkle in his eyes.  “That's rich coming from a researcher such as yourself.  Where's your exploitative spirit?  Where's your science in all of this?”

“There's no science, because it's not possible….” Xeik replied flatly.  “It just won't work …”

The client cleared his throat, “Can I…interrupt?  Is there a reason for this….erm
..debate?”

“Yes,” both Xeik and Lewis replied.  Lewis smirked as he eyed the target.  “I just have to…” he sighed as the client's panic started to set in.  “Look…it's a long story.  If it will clear your nerves, though, it all started when….”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Lewis and Simone were in their room. They had settled all the children for the night and personally were ready for a bit of much needed quality time. Lewis almost impatiently tugged at the belt keeping Simone's robe closed. Simone was giggling as she attempted to pull away. He pushed her hair to the side and went for her neck savagely as he pulled her back pushing the robe off her gently.

Simone would pull again but this time Lewis whipped her against the wall making sure not to hit her head. He slammed his hand next to her head and stared at her. Simone's breath hitched as the excited grew and she melted into him.

He was going in for a kiss when panicked knocking came at the door. They paused looking at each other with disappointment.

"Mommy? Daddy?"

Simone motioned with her head for Lewis the go to the door. It hasn't been that long ago they had put Camille down for bed. They had even read her favorite book to get to her to sleep easier. Philip her trusty red dragon had been besides her. What had their child so panicked this late at night.

Dusk

Character Info
The resonance was in perfect sync, and Lewis could practically taste the electricity in the air as Simone melted at his presence.  All within a moment, though, it came crashing down as the sound of knocking came from the door.  Concern from Simone, mixed with angst from being interrupted flooded the two, leaving both wanting, but knowing that their responsibility as parents came first.  

He sighed, and nodded, giving Simone a moment to straighten herself out before he opened the door.  “Yes Camille?” he asked.  Despite having only been put to bed moments ago, she looked exhausted, her tired eyes staging up and her father.  Instinct took over, and he reached down, picking her up to bring her to his level, letting her rest on his arm.  “What’s wrong?”  It wasn’t like her to struggle to fall asleep.  

Simone

Character Info
Camille wrapped her arms around Lewis and looked between her mother and father. “Daddy….” The most tired of voices came from the little one as she came closer to him and rested against him. “What does torture entail?”

Lewis looked at his daughter with a surprised expression, “Well… Restraints… Waterboarding… You can get really creative with electr–”

He saw Simone out of the corner of his eye making an X with her arms as she tried to get him to stop.

“What’s waterboarding?” Camille asked up at him. “And can you do it with blueberry juice?”

Lewis looked at her, “I mean I gu–”

Again Simone was making a bunch of hand signs trying to get him to stop.

Camille had seen enough of it though as she pouted up at her father, “Okay… Can you take me back to bed now?”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis should have been concerned that his daughter was asking about torture, but the fact that he was an ex-assassin seemed to overrule his parental instincts. If anything, he was merely excited to share a love of something with his kin, but Simone was right in this instance. If they wanted to learn, this was definitely not the time nor place.

“Right, let's get you back to bed,” he said as he ruffled her hair.

Simone and Lewis took her back to her room, and took their time lulling her to sleep. If there was concern from either of them, it was minor…after all, kids got curious about a lot of things. It wasn't as if Lewis and Simone hid the assassin life from them completely…

Lewis closed Camille’s door, and looked to Simone. “Well…” He took her hand, and squeezed it. The hint of excitement from earlier was still there, but it would need a little work. He led his wife back to their room, where he spun her around in a light play-dance, and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her softly, moving to her neck. His hands reached for the robe tie, tugging at it. He could feel her pulse quicken alongside his.

“Are you-”

Simone

Character Info
Once more Lewis and Simone were swooning each other. The magic was still in the air and Simone was loving every bit of it as Lewis kissed her neck. He was all hers and she was going to absolute–

Frantic knocking at the door.

“Daddy? Mommy?”

It was Camille again. This time she sounded like she had been crying. Simone gave a look to Lewis concerned as she fixed her robe once more. Moving to the door Simone opened it and Camille ran into the room straight for Lewis.

Lewis picked her back up.

“Camille? What’s wrong sweetheart… This isn’t like you…” Simone stroked her hair softly.

“Can you do interrogation with blueberries?” The question left the little girl’s mouth almost all at once with hardly a space in between the words.

Dusk

Character Info
Once again the moment was ruined, but Lewis knew better than to direct his rage at the poor girl who was now, evidently, really struggling to sleep. Lewis was surprised at her question, and took his time to carefully construct an answer.

It was rather obvious what the answer was, even without thinking. It was easily a ‘yes.’ Blueberries could easily be laced with a painful poison, or even, yes, blueberry juice could be used for waterboarding. But telling a child that? It was a death sentence for the poor girl’s sleep. He thought rather hard how to answer the question, and went with the age old tactic.

Avoidance.

“Camille, baby, what’s all this sudden talk about interrogations?” he asked as he coddled her, walking them all over to the bed. “Is this some kind of assignment, or something one of your brothers brought up?” If it was her brothers, Lewis would have to have a stern conversation about Remy and Damond putting ideas into Camille’s head.

“Do we need to get you a sleep tonic? Or would you like tea?” he asked. “Do you want to sleep in here with us?” He had more or less given up on any other activities happening. This was far more important.

Simone

Character Info
Camille shook her head softly, “I’m having a lot of bad dreams. Someone drowned me with blueberry juice… and then someone used blueberries to interrogate me. It was horrible Daddy.” After a little bit, she finally answered him. “Can I have a sleep tonic and tea?” Camille sniffled up at her father. “And sleep in here too?”

Simone was already on it as she alerted the ever-faithful Silva. Once Camille had her tea and tonic she was curled up in their bed with Philip.

Simone put her hand on Lewis’s rubbing her thumb against his skin. They would have other times. Right now Camille came first.

The next night

Simone and Lewis wasted no time this time around. Lewis had his wife against the wall. Her legs were delicately around his waist as he held her up. They were deeply kissing moving along quite nicely as he held her up to carry her to the bed.

Frantic knocking at the door.

Simone stopped and looked at Lewis. She was very obviously disappointed.

“Mommy? Daddy?” Camille’s little voice came back up.

Dusk

Character Info
It was not uncommon for children to have strange nightmares, especially when it came to their fears. Fever dreams were a possibility as well, but it was clearly evident that Camille wasn’t sick. All they could do was take care of her for the night, and hope things were better for the next day.

And the next day did come. Lewis and Simone were almost there, ready to ravage each other, when it was all interrupted once again. The fact that it was two nights in a row was rather worrying…

Lewis opened the door, and once again Camille was in his arms and sniffling. “Daddy…can you kill someone with a blueberry?”

He blinked, “Can you kill…” he trailed off, muttering to himself.

“Yeah, like..not just by eating it, but like…” She made a weird motion, as if trying to stab someone. It was likely she had seen in in a play, or something of the like.

Lewis cocked his head to the side, and started to think. Well, it might be possible if…well, no…that won’t work. Terminal velocity of a blueberry might…” He frowned. “I don’t think so…but…” There was an itch in the back of his mind, as though he needed to know if it was possible now. Of course, he pushed that particular desire away, and shook his head. “No, but what is this sudden fascination with blueberries and violence?” There was obvious concern in his voice.

This might be something we need to see Xeik for if it keeps up. I’m worried…

Simone

Character Info
“I keep having really bad dreams about dying to blueberries,” Camille spoke up.

Simone did a tiny sigh and kissed her daughter’s forehead. “It’s really late Camille… Do you want some tonic and to sleep with us? You have school in the morning…”

Camille nodded as she got down to retrieve Philip from Silva who had been waiting at the door with her tonic. Simone helped her into their bed and looked over at Lewis.

I’m starting to get really worried about her… If it happens again we’ll go to Xeik. She agreed with her husband. It was no secret the little girl hated blueberries but she had never been scared of them before.

The next day

They had received a message from the school to come get Camille. She was hysterical and wouldn’t calm down. She kept screaming and growing even more upset by the minute. When Simone and Lewis got there they found their normally sweet little girl up on a chair screaming for her life as she pointed at a blueberry. “THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!”

Simone looked at Lewis immediately.

“DADDY MAKE THEM STOP TRYING TO KILL ME!”

I think we need to see Xeik…