Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Benin, Grand Capital of Fulani > Our Children are Wonderful [P/R]
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
It was time for their morning tea and coffee by the lake. Simone sat down and snuggled into her husband as she smiled up at him. “We’ve been together for a very long time now. Almost twenty years being married now.” It had been a long journey to their path to paradise.

She sipped on her tea and smiled. “We’ve done such a great job raising our kids. Like Everett, he’s turned into a fine young man.”

Flash back

Everett was yelling at Alshaya at the dining room table, “Yeah, well I think that dress makes your ass look huge!” He was seven.

Lewis put his hand to his face. “I…” He was speechless as he didn’t think Everett knew what kind of insult that was.

Simone dropped the spoon she had been using to feed Janus. “EVERETT!”

“WHAT?! SHE IS FAT!” Everett said as he went to swing on his sister.

Alshaya countered what he was doing with a fist of her own. She had been faster as she punched Everett in the nose. Blood was going everywhere. Simone rushed over to hold a napkin to Everett’s nose.

“We’ll have to call Xeik…” Simone sighed a bit. “Take it easy Everett…”

“THAT WILL TEACH YOU TO CALL ME FAT!” Alshaya was standing up on her chair pointing at him. “I HOPE YOUR NOSE REMEMBERS!”

End flashback

“Well…” Simone blushed a bit. “I think we did rather well with our children…”

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Lewis leaned back and stared at the blue sky, sipping his coffee. The kids were wonderful, indeed, even if they did have all of their unique quirks. “Everett is a good boy. He’ll be a fine chef if he can ever settle down and find a place he wants to study. I’m sure it’ll work out in the end for him. He’s got a good head on his shoulders.” Another sip of coffee.

“Speaking of settling on a school, has Fiori made a decision on what finishing school she wants to attend?” He looked to his wife. “I’m afraid for the local wildlife…”

Flashback

"Mr. Squirrel needs a dress and I don't have any fabrics!" Fiori whined, "None that would look good on him."

Lewis could only look at the poor caged squirrel in shock. His wonderful, creative child had a bit of a psychotic streak when it came to her crafts. He had to give her credit; hog tying a squirrel had to be rather difficult, but she had somehow managed with what looked like rope from the toolshed outside.

Getting Fiori to promise a few things would be required in order to proceed.

“One..do you promise to let the squirrel go once you’re finished? Two…we need to have a talk about consent. I know someone in Benin…he can teach you something. A way to commune with animals. I’m sure if you asked the squirrel nicely, and promised his safety, he would work with you and make your job much, much easier…”

He could only hope she would accept…

End

“Her raw talent is exceptional, and I can only hope that she’ll channel it further. If only so that she can fulfill her dreams,” Lewis said as he took yet another sip of his coffee.

Simone

Character Info
“I’ve adored watching Fiori get older and come into her talents,” Simone smiled at her husband as she sipped on her tea. “And Alshaya grows more beautiful every day. With a few hiccups here or there…”

Flash back

“But Daddy! What if I’m not pretty enough,” Alshaya was standing there on a pedestal as the tailor was working on her gown. It was beautiful in every single way. “What if Llonan finds a prettier girl than me.” She was sniffling and about to go into a full-on meltdown.

This day had been worrying for Alshaya. Lewis had agreed to go with Simone to the dress fitting for their little princess.

“If Llonan doesn’t think you’re pretty enough he’s not worth it,” it almost got a jab from Simone as Lewis said it. He was hoping she would cancel marrying so young.

“Oh, sweetpea…” Simone got up and kissed Alshaya’s face. “You’ll be the most beautiful person there.”

Alshaya paused her meltdown which looked deliberate now that Simone thought about it. “Really?” She added a sniffle. “Do you think so?” Simone added her tiara to Alshaya’s head.

“I do…” Simone confirmed that Alsaya was putting on a show as she straightened herself out.

“You can’t be the most beautiful person there,” Janus said from the corner. “Mommy is going to be there.”

“SHUT UP JANUS,” Alshaya took a chair and chucked it his way.

And that was how they had to pay the damages to the local tailor because of Alshaya. They swore the tailor retired after dealing with their little princess. Simone drank the cup of tea a bit more and tried not to think about how big the bill was.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis was staring down at his coffee now, wondering if he should ask Silva for some brandy instead. Just the thought of the wedding was enough for him to consider another visit to the Celestina kingdom for another ‘chat’, He shook the thought away when Simone gave him a look, and he sighed,deciding ultimately to stick with his coffee.

“Lucas and Ezili are doing well, at least. From what I hear, they’re making the space in Jayou their own. And with the baby coming soon,” Simone said with a big smile, almost squealing. She was going to have another grandbaby to spoil rotten. “I can’t wait.”

“Ugh…” Lewis set down his coffee. “I guess…” He wasn’t excited about the prospect, but it would be fun to have another baby about to spoil.

Flashback

“So Dad,” Lucas said nervously as he entered Lewis’ office. “What would you do if I…erm…wanted to move out with Ezili?”

There was a crash in the other room, and Simone burst through the door. “LUCAS I TOLD YOU TO WARN ME BEFORE YO-”

“Ok,” Lewis said as he looked up calmly. “That’s fine.”

Simone and Lucas both stared at him with wide eyes, shocked at his response. “Are you..okay honey?” Simone asked cautiously. “You’re not sick or anything, right?” Even with the resonance, she couldn’t be quite sure.

“I’m fine,” Lewis replied as he looked back down and started writing. “I have more important matters to attend to at the moment…”

End

The ex-assassin smirked. “I wonder how many of those letters he’s read,” he wondered to himself.

Simone

Character Info
Simone sighed a bit and rubbed Lewis’s hand. He was doing his part as the dutiful father protecting Alshaya. Not that she needed it. She would probably hand Llonan his ass before Lewis could do anything. Lewis had at least taught Alshaya well in the means of self-defense. And… she knew how to use them.

“Then there is Llynette,” Simone brought up.

Flashback

“Mom,” Llynette was blossoming into a beautiful girl as she sat Simone down. “I want to argue about my bedtime.”

“Llynette, we’ve talked about this,” Simone sighed a bit as she knew she was in for the long haul.

“Yes, but we haven’t talked about it. BEHOLD,” Llynette pulled the blanket down and revealed a whole bunch of charts. “My argument. This is the amount of sleep I actually need. This is how much you are forcing me to have.” Her argument went down to the side effects of her sleeping too much. Simone wasn’t privy on if she was actually being honest but she was leaning towards no. Llynette wanted more time to read at night. She always had. This turned into a thirty-minute conversation with Llynette giving Simone no room to speak her mind.

Lewis… I’m going to have to tag out. I don’t have an argument for her. She’s my child alright…

Lewis opened the door as if he had been waiting.

“Oh! Dad! Have you come to hear about my–”

“No.” Lewis said as he crossed his arms.

“But!”

“Absolutely not,” Lewis was stoic and didn’t budge.

“BUT WHY?!”

“Because I said so,” Lewis nodded with his words now as he rescued his wife.

All of their kids seemed gifted in arguing it seemed. Simone took a sigh and she was glad that Llynette no longer argued with them like that. She had opted to go to a finishing school in Sulwal to learn about her heritage.

“I suppose the arguing could be worse…”

Dusk

Character Info
“She’s stubborn, but has a kind heart. I’m sure she’ll end up leading a country some day.” The thought of that actually scared Lewis. Her in charge would either be a pure blessing, or a curse. He shook the thought away. “Remember when Rex decided to leave his kids with me without warning? I sure did get my revenge…”

Flashback

Raiki was staring up at Lewis with wide eyes. “I can pick anything?” His eyes scanned the store. The Sweet Shoppe in Adeluna was known for having any and every kind of sweet imaginable, and some unimaginable if you could believe it. It was Rex’s first mistake, assuming that Lewis wouldn’t intentionally wire up the kids before handing them back.

A two for one. He would be the awesome grandpa and persuade the kids to run up walls. Probably literally.

Ella and Vivian were holding hands, having a hard time choosing what they wanted. Lewis pointed to cake pops, and smiled, “These here might be your speed. I think you’ll like them.” He turned to see Sybil trying to reach for a lollipop that was almost as tall as she was. Without hesitating, he picked it up and handed to her. “Be careful not to drop it.” Wynter was eyeing a jawbreaker, a mass of pure sugar crystalized and shaped into a ball. “It would be perfect…”

It didn’t take long to pay for all of the kids' goods, and soon they were back at the castle, where Lewis enacted part two of his evil plan. “Have you heard of coffee? There’s this amazing cake that Silva can make that goes well with it…”

End

Lewis couldn’t help but smile evilly. “He was cross with me for weeks, but he learned his lesson.”

Simone

Character Info
Simone chuckled at the thought of Rex being cross with his father. “And the kids still ask to go to the candy store to this day. Though normally Rex tries to give them to me now.” He was at least trying to be smarter about it.

“Then there is Mira…”

Flashback

Simone and Lewis were trying to get a handle on the situation. “Mone, there’s water everywhere.”

“I can see that.” Water was up to her ankles as they tried to wade through the basement.

Mira was looking mighty pleased with herself as she put a turtle down into the water. “
Ahora tienes agua.” She spoke with a nod as she turned to see her parents with their arms crossed. “FRIENDS!” She held her arms up.

“No water in the castle,” Simone spoke lightly. “Pond outside.”

Lewis had to wrangle Mira like a board of wood as Simone started to move the creatures outside. “See?” Lewis set her down by the pond as they moved the turtles into the pond water.

“Adentro es más cálido.” There was that stubborn look and Simone ruffled her hair.

“They need to be outside to live darling.”

“It took us weeks to get the basement dried out and not smelling bad. We almost missed some turtles too.” Now brandy was sounding good. “At least it was only ankle deep.”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis smirked, “It hasn’t changed at all from the moment we adopted her. Still trying to bring her friends inside.” He couldn’t help but smirk. His coffee was getting low. “Silva…another please?”

“As you wish,” the maid said, appearing at his side as if she were in his shadow. Silva already had a fresh cup in her hand. “As you like it, Master Lewis.” With that, she vanished from view.

“I swear she’s not human,” Lewis muttered. He took a sip. It was perfect. “Speaking of perfection…”

Flashback

Lewis held Teagan firmly in his arms. It was one of those weird days where he was needed to do shopping, but had to take one of the kids with him. Teagan was rather fussy that day, and wanted nothing but attention, drawing the ire of women all around Lewis at the market. Most gave him these evil glares, but immediately waltz over to coo and goggle at the baby girl.

“Are you sure she’s yours,” one of the women said, dropping her happy face to give Lewis a snide remark. “I’m sure she’d be happier with a loving mother and father…”

“She’s perfectly fine,” Lewis growled back. “She’s just being fussy. It’s what babies do.”

“Oh I bet you’re never fussy with Mommy…she wouldn’t be fussy with me,” another woman said, obviously never having dealt with a baby.

“Look, she’s just doing this for attention. Which you’re clearly giving her….” Lewis was outright done with these women.

“I bet-”

“Teagan,” Lewis said as he looked down. “You’re going to get me mauled by these women.”

At that, the baby girl giggled.

All at once, the women ‘aww’ed at her adorableness.

“I swear to Angela…”

End

“She’s going to steal hearts when she grows up,” Lewis said with a heavy sigh. “I’m going to have to fight off unwanted suitors…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone found herself with a fresh cup of tea as well when she wasn’t look. “Definitely not human.”

The memory made her chuckle. “That girl doesn’t hardly do anything wrong. She’s becoming more beautiful everyday. She’s definitely fair in appearance.”

“Definitely not trouble like a certain pair…”

Flashback

Darren had been missing for most of the day. Simone was flying above the island looking for him. They needed to go over a new potentially better patrol route. It wasn’t like the man to go missing while on the job.

That was when she spotted something odd. From high above she spotted two small individuals. Lewis… Where are Janus and Lila supposed to be? School right?

Yes why?

Because they aren’t in school…

Where are they?

Over a hole… I’m going in meet me there.

Lewis met her there where they found the twins laughing at something. There was shouting.

“HEY YOU LITTLE BRATS LET ME OUT OF HERE,” Darren’s voice came up from the hole as he tried to throw up a tool to climb out. Lila moved over to where the tool clung and flipped it over the edge. There was more giggling.

“Hey you two!” Simone put her hands on her hips and the twins looked up at her.

“Uh oh,” the twins took each others’ hands.

“You two are in trouble,” Lewis spoke up as he came over and looked over into the hole. “And you know better.”

“DON’T BLAME ME FOR THIS! I’ve been in here for hours thanks to these two!” Darren yelled up at them. He finally got out and he was breathing heavy. “When the hell did they dig this?!”

“Well?” Simone looked at the twins.

“We did it in a week,” Lila and Janus came clean. “We were hoping to catch Rex.”

Lewis did a deep breath. “He probably smelled you a mile away. This was never going to catch Rex.”

“We increased Darren’s pay after that one…”

Dusk

Character Info
“Poor Darren,” Lewis said with a smile on his face. For as much pain as Darren had given him back in their acolyte days, Lewis and his family had probably tripled it in revenge. “It could be worse though. He does have great pay and benefits.” His coffee tasted rather good now. “Pranks…speaking of pranks,” he let out a sigh. “We’ll need to curb Remy and Damond soon. They’re getting too full of themselves.”

Flashback

Remy looked around the hallway. “Clear,” he whispered.

Damond nodded, and slipped the door open. “Jackpot.” The two slipped into the room, and looked around. At first, there was excitement in their eyes. The forbidden ‘secret room’ that their parents had. What treasures could it hold? What ammo could be used for pranks? The possibilities were endless!

Only it was an above averaged sized closet. That’s all it was. Rather drab looking clothes too.

“Wait…that’s it?” Damond frowned. This was a major bust.

“Why would they hide this stuff?”

“Because it’s bait,” Lewis said as he locked the door behind him. “You’re still young.” He smirked, and pulled a rope. At once, two buckets of water tipped over, splashing each twin perfectly.

“HOW!?” Remy demanded.

“THERE’S NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE PREDICTED WHERE WE’D STAND!?” Damond shouted.

“Oh…but I know all,” Lewis said with an evil grin. “And this is just the beginning.” There was another rope, and several hidden levers. “I’ll show you the meaning of pranks…”

End

“They think we’re so dumb. I know they’ve been trying to find a way to get me back for it,” Lewis said as he glanced to Simone. “They’re so predictable.”