Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Benin, Grand Capital of Fulani > Dinner Chaos [p/r]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
“Right this way, sir,” the waiter said as Lewis walked into the restaurant, a baby Teagan in his arms. “As requested, the whole back half has been reserved for you and your…family…” The waiter had come to know the Terrowin family, most notably the wife of Mr. Terrowin, who more or less ran the city council. The Terrowin’s had a name for themselves as that ‘odd but pleasant’ family, and as such they were treated with a modicum of respect, but no one ever wanted to deal with them directly.

Rumor had it that people went missing that way.

Still, Lewis Terrowin had paid an exorbitant amount of silver for the meal they were about to have, and that made the Terrowin family the number one customer to deal with that evening, whether or not anyone wanted to wait on them or not. It couldn’t be that bad, right?

Lewis and Simone had invited everyone in their family. Everett and Alshaya were, of course, their usual misbehaving selves, almost starting a fight the moment they entered the building. Fiori seemed rather reserved, though there was that look in her eyes that she had when an idea for a new design was fluttering about in her mind. Mira was excited, though she seemed worried that the restaurant might serve seafood, and was prepared to rescue her friends if need be. Lucas and Ezili were holding hands when they entered, behaving themselves wonderfully…even if the handholding was breaking Lewis’ heart. Janus, Lila, and Glyn came together, with the twins watching over their little brother with protective glances at anyone who might disturb him and his potato. Jules, Corrine, and Lynette were the last to enter. Lynette had taken to watching over the two with a careful eye, especially in case Jules’ medical issues started up again.

Rex and Hazel came in with their own kids. Wynter was being carried by her father, her fluffy light purple hair starting to curl. Reiki, the only boy, was standing on his own, holding his Momma’s hand, while Ella was being carried by her mother. Vivian was the wild child out of the bunch, and had bounded in before the rest of the family yo go play with Glyn and the terror twins.

Simone was holding her newest baby boys, Remy and Damond. She was doing her best, alongside Rex and Hazel, to corral the kids into the back of the restaurant.

Finally, Xeik, Mia, and little Myrri came in just a few minutes late. Lewis would never fully admit it outright, but Xeik and Mia Eraphim were as close as family as anyone else.

“Is everyone accounted for?” Lewis asked as the kids started to pick their spots. “I’ve lost count a few times…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
“Everyone is here. I counted twenty times myself.” Simone and Lewis were working hard to get their kids into the restaurant. This was to celebrate the release of Simone’s new book as such Lewis wanted to celebrate with everyone. Everyone was loud and Simone handed the twins off to Ezili and Lucas. “Mia your magic pen.”

Getting up on a chair Simone clapped loudly. This caused the whole family to go silent and even the rest of the restaurant was watching Simone Terrowin. Her family had a reputation and Simone was always in charge and on time. “Attention Terrowins. We will proceed with the outing seating chart.”

“BUT MOMMM,” Alshaya and Everett took each other’s hands and pouted up at her.

“Alshaya Leilani and Everett Matthew stop your whining at once,” Simone said aggressively before they puffed out their cheeks. “The seating arrangement goes like so~” She drew the table and then put names. “Ezili and Lucas are in charge of group b, Lynette is in charge of group c, and Lewis and myself are in charge of group a.”

“But we don’t want a seating arrangement… This isn’t school,” Alshaya pouted more.

“If you didn’t punch your brother in the face every time we had an outing we wouldn’t have one,” Simone climbed off the chair and Alshaya crossed her arms with more of a pout. “Don’t look at your father he isn’t going to save you.”

This was the Simone that Benin was familiar with. She was organized and more like a crime boss than a mother. They proceeded into the back half of the restaurant and sat down according to the seating chart. The babies all had their own chairs now and it was making Simone feel sad. Even Teagan was sitting upright.

“You are all growing up so fast…” Simone sighed a bit. She was considered tenacious by the Benin community. The mother who dared having so many young children at once and still look so put together. Even now she looked like an evening star.

Lewis barely made any appearances that stuck out compared to his wife but… There was that time in Benin where Simone threw a knife at someone who was robbing the restaurant and said she accidentally did it. That signature move of Lewis Dusk’s was hard to misplace.

One of the waiters was pouring water for the chatting family. Even Simone and Lewis who were snuggled up were chatting with Xeik and Mia.

“So Mr. Terrowin how is retirement,” the waiter gave a smile but that sentence caused Simone to freeze up.

Dusk

Character Info
The dinner had gotten off to a great start, even with Alshaya and Everett trying to fight back against the seating plan. The fight didn’t last long, and soon everyone settled down as the waiters came by to start pouring the water. Lewis was lost in the conversation between the adults, but the moment he was asked about his retirement, his aura changed. Nothing noticeable to most, but Xeik, Mia, and Simone were all aware.

“You got me,” Lewis replied, holding his hands up. “I really need to hide that better. You know how it is when you’re a young investor. Sometimes you get lucky, and can just pass off the real work to others and live in early retirement.” The ex-assassin smiled. “I promise though, that I pay my taxes just like everyone else.” His eyes looked over the waiter. There was something familiar about him, but Lewis couldn’t tell what.

A low threat. Nothing I can’t handle. Just…not with the kids here, Lewis thought. He smirked. “I’m sorry, honey, I need to take a breather. Just to get some fresh air, and all…” He stood up and stretched. “I’ll be back shortly.” Without waiting for an answer, he walked to the door, and out into the cool Benin night. He wandered about for a moment before moving to the side of the building.

“Sloppy. Way too much noise. Your master must be ashamed,” Lewis stated to an empty space. “Can I ask why you’re bothering me and my family?”

Simone

Character Info
“Alright,” Simone kissed his cheek and smiled at him. Xeik and Mia nodded to him understanding his double meaning. This was out of the ordinary.

The man appeared from the shadows in his waiter outfit, “I just wanted to see if the rumors were true that Lewis Dusk had a wife, kids, and had retired. You have some nefarious plot, don’t you?! Are you planning on killing her? I looked into the kids none of them are yours. What kind of long true job does your employer have you on?”

The man was stalking around Lewis looking at him. “The Lewis I knew was ruthless, what did you do to your Simone hmm? You even married a woman who looks like her and has the same name as her? Did you tell her the truth? The Lewis I knew tormented all the apostles day in and day out. So color me shocked when both Darren and Jack when they said you were actually okay and decent. I think you are working a long-term job.”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis was watching as the man moved around him, spewing his little rant about the infamous “Lewis Dusk”. None of the movements were threatening, and even if they were…the mysterious man wouldn’t have been able to react fast enough to a counter from Lewis.

With the reality setting in that Jack and Darren were involved, Lewis realized that this whole situation was linked back to Raith’s Tower. That narrowed it down quite a bit, but just who was this man? Was this why Darren pulled him aside to talk about an ‘old colleague’ who had snooped around?

“Oh,” the ex-assassin said as he clapped his hands. “I remember now. You’re…” He paused. “No, wait…no, I lost it.” Lewis thought for a moment longer. “Carol? Ruine? Cretin….no, that’s not even a name…” He looked at the figure. “Hmm..” He shrugged. “I wish I could remember who you were…but obviously not.” He sighed.

“Listen…I’m out. I’ve been out for a long time. I’ve dealt with too much, and fought really hard to have this peace. And I would like to keep it…so if you don’t mind…I’d rather you just leave.”

The man stared at Lewis with wide eyes, as if he had been insulted. “Did…did you forget? All those years? ALL OF THOSE YEARS!?” His face got really close to Lewis’, and his eyes trembled. “I…I feel insulted.”

“Tella? Victor…no, Victor was actually smart,” Lewis stated. “You’re obviously a dumbass…”

“MY NAME IS CURTIS!” he said, spinning around and walking a few steps back. “But that’s not the point…what’s your game, Dusk?”

“I already told you…there is no game…” Lewis glared. “And you’re starting to piss me off. I should just kill you and-”

“HAH! LIKE YOU COULD EVER KILL ME! Dusk…I was always in your shadow, but…since you’ve dropped off the map for this job, I’ve done the IMPOSSIBLE! Even with Lord Raith…I’ve become SO MUCH MORE.”

Lewis stared blankly at Curtis. “Uh….ok?”

Simone

Character Info
It’s Curtis. Simone answered.

It’s Curtis.

It’s… Oh, you’re fucking with him.

“Excuse me,” Simone pushed herself out and smiled up at the waiters. “I have to excuse myself for a moment. My husband is worrying me.” She looked at Mia and Xeik who took their seats to watch the youngest Terrowin children.

That was when Curtis froze up as Simone grabbed him from behind putting a knife to his throat. “Move and I’ll cut your dick off.” Simone had a second dagger pointed at his crotch.

“How did you…”

“I’m so much quieter than Lewis… and faster too.” She sang in his ear. “I’ll fucking destroy you if you don’t tell me what the fuck you are doing here. Threatening my husband.”

“You… are…”

“Curtis darling… I am no job. I am his devoted, lovable, and hostile wife. You have to be absolutely fucking stupid to still think that I don’t know that my husband is the infamous Lewis Dusk.”

“Si-Simone?” He remembered the adorable wonderful girl that Lewis had with him. “You’re different.”

“No, I’m really not. I just hid it well… Didn’t I Lewis?”

Dusk

Character Info
It was sexy watching Simone so easily disarm a man. Her threats were like music to his ears, and the way that Curtis flinched as she spoke was absolute heaven. Even though he was retired, Lewis still missed certain aspects like this from the job..

“You hid it quite well,” Lewis replied, crossing his arms. Now came the real question. What to do with Curtis. “It would seem we’ve got a problem, though. You see…approaching my family in the way you did was very…threatening.” There was an edge to Lewis’ voice. “I don’t like it when my family is threatened…”

“Oh please…” Curtis said with a nervous eye roll. “You were always so dramatic…” He flinched as Simone drew a drop of blood from his neck. “All those years of bullying me…antagonizing me over the stupidest of things…”

“If I recall, you’re always the one who started it,” Lewis replied. “If memory serves…you thought it would be fun to start a contest between us. You lost every single time. Not that I ever cared. You were the only one keeping score. You tried to strike front he shadows, but never could reach me…:”

Curtis smiled. “Well…now that I have the power to beat you…” His hands glowed, and a runic symbol appeared on his hand. “I SUMMON THEE, DEMON!”

“Hmm?” Lewis cocked his head to the side, curious. “I’d say it’s pretty hard to summon a demon when you’re missing a hand…”

Surely enough, when Curtis looked down, his hand was gone. “I…what?”

For good measure, he tried again, using his other hand. But, to his dismay, his arm seemed to not cooperate. It just…fell to the ground, limp.

“Now that you’ve been disarmed, I think it’s time I told you for the last time…” Lewis took a step forward, a sadistic smile across his face. “You will never best me…”

Simone

Character Info
“You even tried to fight Lewis for a date with me… and he took that one particularly bad. That was even before the dream dive with Angela.”

“H-how do you know that?” Curtis looked at her. “He never let you out… Not until later.”

“Oh, my dear poor de-armed Curtis… How could you threaten Lewis without knowing our secret.” Their eyes were glowing a brilliant azure. She pressed her lips to his ear making him panic. “We’re each other’s strongest strength and our strongest weakness. We thrive off the fear you are giving us… and if we didn’t have a family inside right now we would be fucking on your corpse.”

There was a scared look on his face as Simone tightened her hold on him. “Lewis dear… We could also take him back to the dungeon… to celebrate the release of my book in private. There is more I want to study for the upcoming realization of my new sex book though. It’s going to be a masterpiece…”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis sighed, “We really can’t though. At the rate he’s losing blood…” He shrugged. “We can always get another. There’s no shortage of dumbass criminals who deserve it.” The ex-assassin smirked. “Besides…we’ve delayed dinner long enough. Let’s just dispose of him and be done with it.”

It was surprising, coming from Lewis. Normally he would have been on top of using Curtis for experimentation, but when it came down to his own pleasure or his family, he ended up picking his family. After all, family was important.

Without waiting for Curtis to have a response, Lewis cut the man’s throat with a hidden dagger, and watched the man drop. He cleaned the blade, and smiled at his wife. “You know, I think I learned an important lesson today.”

Simone held out her arm, and Lewis took it, “Oh?”

Yeah. That family is a great thing to have…and that if someone threatens my family, I should probably just kill them first and not ask questions. Would save me a lot of time… The two entered into the restaurant, rejoining their family.

“So, how was the air?” Xeik asked, noting that the original waiter was missing.

“Amazing. I feel great,” Lewis replied with a smirk. “Ran into an old friend. Sadly, he’s not been doing well. Really needed a hand…so, you know how we like to lend our aid…”