Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Egjora City > By the Sea (P,R)
Carrie

Character Info
Name: Carrie Norcross
Alignment: TE
Race: Nymph-Demon Hybrid
Class:
Silver: 75
Not too long ago she could recall a man from the wicked woods, slaying what some would consider to be relatives to her race. The way he had dispatched them drew her into him, wanting to see what a strong man like him would taste like. She herself had been close to greeting death’s door as a result and yet he kept his blade from striking the rakshasi. Instead, he kept her alive but warned her that their encounter there wouldn’t be the last. He had instructed her to come to this dainty little island within three months from that night, and though Vertigo was not one that could be commanded in such a way, for one reason or another, she obliged to the call. But that didn’t mean that she had spent her waking days before the promised day counting the seconds; no she did as she always had- consumed and destroyed whenever it suited her and when not doing either, she slumbered. On the morning of the destined meeting, she arrived at the port and descended from the ship. Anticipation grew on her seeing this stranger again and fortunately the journey hadn’t taken terribly long. For most people that passed by her, she looked as though she belonged with the high socialites that controlled the city. She was garbed in a beautiful aqua gown and slippers and her white locks were groomed into a well kept bun aside from a few strains left around her face.

As a result, she was constantly hounded by merchants wanting to sell her their most exotic wares and though it frustrated her greatly, she kept a calm face and politely turned them down over and over. There was no time for this; she had until nightfall to locate where Nemesis was hiding. Though he claimed that he was from the lowly side of the port city, the area he wanted her to meet with him at suggested otherwise. Then again, how much did she truly knew about the stranger other than being captivating in her eyes and can handle himself in the face of danger? Perhaps he was wanting to lure her into some sort of false security and trust before finishing what he started. Oh, she was not quite foolish enough to look over that little possibility and should this be the case, then she would devour him where he stood. Cloudy eyes continuous swayed back and forth, looking for any sign of him. His scent was faint, but here as far as she knew as she trekked through the wealthier side of Egjora. Eventually she found one of the residences to have his smell linger on the property…and something else. Taking another whiff, she smiled devilishly- it was the scent of blood. And she was sure it was not of his either.

The door had been unlocked and she slipped through and quietly closed it. The smell was strong here, making her believe that anyone that had once lived here were no longer living. The idea was confirmed once she spotted the first of many bodies laid onto the ground. He appeared to be a hired guard, one that had been half eaten and his entrails were all over the luxurious floor and as she made her way through the first floor, more were found in very similar conditions. If this had truly been by his design, then she was sorely disappointed in this display. So much meat had went untouched and was spoiled now. “Nemesis?”, she called out softly as she came towards the stairs. Surely he would be in a mood to explain his doings here, and what he was hoping to scheme with her. Vertigo climbed up the stairs with haste, calling out for him again as she stepped over another mangled corpse. “You really need to work on your table manners.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
From the moment she entered, he could hear someone downstairs, shuffling about through the result of the chaos that had occurred. a familiar voice called his name a couple of times, yet Nemesis was far too comfortable lounging about in the master’s chambers to answer her. Much of his energy was spent a few nights ago sacking the merchant’s household and feeding. The end result was a bloody mess but for now he was sated or at least as much as he could at the moment. Perhaps the endless hungry had just been all in his head, but these days he couldn’t quite tell what was real and what was fantasy.

Her infernal racket was eventually becoming a mood killer for him and reluctant was he as he swung himself from the bed and flung the door wide open. Peeking around, he caught sight of the demon and gave her a lazy stare. “And you should really keep it down. Some of us were trying to relax.” Leaning casually against the door frame, Nemesis  lowered his glance down to more recent of his victims that Vertigo crossed over and made a face. “That one just didn’t taste right. Not enough favor I suppose. Then again, he wasn’t as tender nor sweet as the children in the next room were.” Stepping out fully to greet her, she would be aware of the dramatic changes in him. For one thing, he no longer bore the raggy and filthy clothes he condemned himself to not too long ago-  Instead, he took possession of the later master of the house’s attire and donned it upon him. He quite fancied himself in the robes of crimson and gold, as well as the snug boots. Jewelry that could only belong to the wealthy and the powerful were present all over him. His locks were tied into a long ponytail and his golden eyes shined brightly. “How do you like it?”, he spoke before twirling around to give her a better look. “I suppose it will do. I must say that I have quite the good taste, no?” No longer was he in denial like so many others were- he felt more alive than ever before. No restrictions, no restraints, nothing to weigh him down any longer. How he adored it! An unusually large grin crept up as he approached her. The sluggishness was leaving him and excitement filled the void it left behind.

“Vertigo, was it now? We do have much to catch up on. But first…” A long, ring bearing finger was lifted and pointed squarely towards his leftovers. “Would you like a bite to eat? You must be famish after your journey.” He didn’t bother to wait for a reply before spinning quickly on his heels and moved back into the bedroom. Why should he had bother? Whatever she wanted didn’t appeal or matter to his whims. All he could be concerned with was with what he wanted. Honestly, she could be as damned as every other single person in this miserable realm as far as he was concerned. However, she would prove to be quite useful to him, like a pawn was to ensure that the king would be protected.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Carrie

Character Info
Class:
Vertigo didn’t know what to think at this precise moment; the being she knew as Nemesis wasn’t as destructive and wasteful as this gruesome display of the slaughtered showed. If anything, she was much more likely a candidate to perform this, though there would be a lot more meat that was picked off the bones if that was the case. A part of her couldn’t deny though that a spark of excitement existed. Perhaps the killer had been drawn out of him somewhere in between their encounter and departure. Nonetheless, she would find out what was going on here and it started once Nemesis decided to greet her from one of the rooms. Eyes latched onto him and traveled up and down are his wares. They were a far cry from the old and beaten clothes that he wore in the past. “If that was the case, you should have come and told me yourself, Sir Nemesis.” She moved like a serpent towards him, slithering nearer as she got a better look of him. Oh indeed, something must have rattled him to bring about this change. It wasn’t merely just his attire that was different, his behavior had also went through a metamorphosis and it was bittersweet towards her.

Arms crossed tightly around her bust and shook her head, “You were lucky that the smell isn’t as strong yet, otherwise you would have been discovered. Why are you so reckless now? I can tell that it hasn’t been too long since you killed them, but to stay in their house or all places with their bodies still here?” What was the rhyme or reason for any of this? She didn’t expect any of this from him at all, and yet he looked on with a smug look across his face.Vertigo did not change her stance as he drew closer towards her; she didn’t fear Nemesis, but rather was still in the middle of guessing what came over him. “I suppose they suit you, or this new you anyway. I’d prefer the subtle you from back in the cursed woods.”

His offer brought about a cold look from her eyes, staring heavily upon him as if they were daggers ready to taste his flesh. “Enough games. I was told to come here because you wanted to discuss your plans. What plans do you speak of, or have they changed like you did?” Was this all a waste of time? Vertigo didn’t have to stand for this; she owed this man absolutely nothing and could turn and walk away without any amount of guilt. As far as the rakshasi was concerned, he could be caught red headed and thrown into the dungeons to rot along with his new clothing. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Nemesis watched her, though he did so with barely any sort of interest. Part of him had been too caught in his relaxation to give Vertigo or her words a second thought. Another part, on the hand hand, was starting to go livid with her smart mouth. If he wanted to, he could have easily punished her for her insolence. After all, was that any way to speak or behavior to a gracious host such as him? He deserved far better treatment; hell she should have been on her hands and knees, begging him for forgiveness. It took every fiber in his being to restrain himself. “Perhaps I was busy”, he spoke with the small of snarls in his throat. Vertigo was trending lightly on his nerves, and it was getting worse by the second. He rolled his eyes at her, largely ignoring her ranting and lecturing as he counted the seconds as it continued on and on. Gods, how he wished he had the power to just silence her and regain his precious time that she had stolen.

“And? Your point?”, he finally spoke, staring right into her. No, staring through her. “Not my fault that the housekeeping did a pissy job of handling this. But then again…” Nemesis tapped on his chin a few times, remembering what else he had done to some of the inhabitants. “Actually, I suppose it was. I think I might have killed a few of them. Maybe all of them in fact. Oh well.” Perhaps his gluttony had slightly overridden his train of thought at the time. Long ago he could faintly recall a time when he had another body, ridden with such a never ending hunger. Night after night, he would consume and devour, devour and consume and yet the hunger remained. No one and nothing was safe until the plague within him had ended. Perhaps he was now plagued once more with such a curse and now there were more within him. “I do as I want, when I want. Do not forget that, Vertigo. I care not if the guardsmen come here, I’ll end them as well. And anyone else that dares to challenge the likes of me!” His eyes grew pitch black as he looked to one of the bodies in the hall. It was the homeowner’s wife, and apparently he missed something of hers back when he was raiding the place.

Pacing towards her body, he took her hand and with some effort, ripped the ring finger from it and pried the valuable with his teeth from it. Inspecting the golden ring, he smiled and slipped it onto him and tossed the finger aside before admiring his new possession. “That’s your opinion. The fact is that this has always been me, or at least once I cast away that imperfect, mommy and daddy issue side of me.” His words rang from his mouth as he continued to look at the ring, not bothering to address her directly. “Perfection, darling. Perfection is so hard to keep up, but I must. For if I do not, then who will carry such a burden? “ With that, he leaned against the wall and theatrically placed the back of his hand against his forehead and moaned as if he was in pain with eyes tightly closed. “Woe would this world be without someone like me…for this place to be filled with lowly fools like you…”  

Oh he could feel her anger rising, how she must wanted to strangle him until the last bits of life were gone. And he didn’t care if that was the case. He would die before he let her slimy hands touch his amazing skin. “You forgot to call me Sir.” He lowered his hand and looked into her with a shake of his head. “I recall in-between speaking of cryptic riddles and such that I wanted to plunge this world into a new era. One where I would be the one to guide the pathetic sheep, not these so called deities. But alas I am only a mortal.” Nemesis absolutely despised speaking of himself in such a matter. He was so much better than the gods, at least in his own mind. Perhaps she would throw another witty comment to interrupt or belittle him, but he wasn’t going to wait for that.

The moment he stopped talking, he dashed over to her with blinding speed and caught her by the throat. Raising her feet off the ground, he slammed her against the wall and gave a dark smile as his cold eyes traced along the the top of her cleavage. For one that annoyed him greatly, she at least was easy on the eyes- that was when she stopped yapping her mouth off. “To be grander than them, than anyone else in this dull world…that is my dream. A good deal of the plan is done so far. After all, just look at me, I am already perfect, but to be utterly flawless, that is something even I haven’t succeeded in yet.”    

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Carrie

Character Info
Class:
This was getting insufferable for Vertigo's taste the more she was exposed to the man that was now a complete stranger to her. Once she had been allured by his mysterious charm and unorthodox way of seeing the world. He had ambition and a certain flair to him that many probably didn’t understand, but she had. She had seen him for what he wanted to be seen as, a leader and a prophet. But no longer was that the case; now she bore witness to a man that oozed in sin, that did not give a damn for whatever stood in his way. A wasteful, arrogant  fool that would soon see his own demise if he wasn’t careful. He was growing impatent, anger even and still she wouldn’t budge. She did not fear him, no matter what sort of temper tantrum he would throw at her. All the snide remarks that Nemesis made, especially towards her only irritated her the way a child would be to their parent. She stood there, letting it all seethe within her, fangs grinding together as she kept herself to unleashing all her aggression upon him.   In the end, she took a great large huff and let it all side.

There was no point in getting upset over this and it did not warrant the time nor the energy it took to stir that sleeping beast. “You seem so full of yourself, it's disgusting ‘Sir’ Nemesis. Had you forgotten your humble beginnings that you had preached to me about just some moons ago? Had you forgotten your grand design of things, how you wanted to change this world?” Clicking her tongue at him, she started to look at the man as if he really was a child throwing a fit in order to get his way. The problem that laid for him was that Vertigo was anything but the nurturing sort. Heaven ever helped the spawn that she would produce if such a thing was allowed to occur.

Her thoughts about his growing immaturity only grew stronger after the pitiful display he made in order to gain a ring. She simply shook her head and started to think about leaving him in this house of decay. He didn’t really require her presence exactly; he wanted someone to hear himself speak it seemed. Unlike him, she wasn’t in love with the sound of his voice. The very few words he spoke that made it seemed as though reason was coming back to him faded once he snatched her by the neck. Pinned against the wall, Vertigo squirmed against his grip but to no prevail and stared hatefully at Nemesis.

“You are truly a fool if you believe that. Only a fool would believe that they can topple the world and be the absolute. You deserve to swallow the filth your mouth is spewing right now.” Her hands latched onto his wrist, nails digging into his flesh which released tiny streams of blood. He might have caught her off guard and have her trapped, but Vertigo had been surviving for centuries for a reason. She would not back down or cave in to the likes of this youngster. “The gods could easily have your head if you challenge them. There’s nothing more you can do other than to continue to live in your grand illusion your mind has made. Now, let me go!” Vertigo could see that this was not what she had planned for. She wanted nothing to do with this fruitless plan from this brat.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
God, did she ever shut up? Here this lowly creature tried to lecture him, the pinnacle of perfection? It was like a pauper speaking against a king on his throne; her irrational behavior against him warranted all sorts of deliciable punishment he could inflict onto her. Punishment that he should inflict onto her. But for some reason or another, he refrained and allowed her to speak her piece. Did it all truly matter? He was right and Vertigo was wrong- completely, utterly wrong. His temper swayed for the moment and again a look of passiveness flashed onto his face. Such a mask would last up until he grabbed the woman by her throat; from there out, he was in control like it should have been. Like it would always be in his mind. Vertigo did her best to struggle, but he was too strong for her to force her wish to come true. She was not unlike an fly fighting and trying to flee from his webbing.

”Stop your sniveling, it doesn’t suit you at all.” A slight twitch came from him as he felt her nails pressing into his skin until they were in his flesh. The sight of blood, his blood, dripping from him stirred his temper. “You little bitch, how dare you?!” She robbed him of his precious blood…she had injured that of one that should have the world beneath his boot? She thought that he did all this just for the fun of it? She dared question him at every turn and to mock and insult him? Had he not required her assistance, he would have ended her and have her join the rest of the worthless that laid broken in this house. His grip tightened around her throat, squeezing the air from her. His eyes stared intensely into hers, the grip crushing her slowly until he got bored and tossed her against the floor. Cracking his neck a couple of times, he turned from her and crossed his arms.

“The gods are puppets. They dance to the tune to that which grants them power and can take them away. You should have studied them as well as I have.” He spoke without even glancing at her direction; instead he combed through his hair as the ebony locks turned snow white, his tanned skin shifted to the color of alabaster. “You see, I am not native to this world. Well, my vessel was. Jace, Nemesis, whatever you wish to call him, was a puppet of mine that belonged to this world. I, on the other hand, am a darkness that had seen those blessed by a pathetic sapling while it ignored me in my other vessel, one that i kept for a good long while until i had to escape from him. What you see is the true me, the real me in flesh and blood.” Bringing the injured wrist up to his mouth, he softly licked up his blood from the wounds. “I have seen centuries after centuries after centuries, my world was hardly ever changing and so is this one from my brief observation.”

Kneeling down to her level, the demon smirked and brushed away some of the white tendrils from her face. His face grew softly as did his voice. “Everyone has a weakness, even them. Exploit that, and it doesn’t matter how powerful they are. I have witnessed it a great deal of times back home and here? Well there are few differences but they are just the same. Anyway, my dearest Vertigo, I don’t have to worry about them yet, they are not my concern right now. What is is this pleasant little island. I want it, or more so, I want to control it from shadows, and let the world believe what it wants to believe. Trust me, I have a very savory plan that you’d be a fool to pass up on. Will you not hear me out?” 

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!