Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Egjora City > But the Shinies... [O, Event]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Surely, lava would cook a lot faster than kitchen fires. But Lokir said that there was no way to contain the lava, as stoves and other materials would be destroyed by the intensely hot molten liquid. Soon enough, a perfect example appeared by luck to demonstrate his words. Within minutes, the stone melted, joining the melting pot of mixed liquids. Maybe, once the gods calm down, the lava reverts back to water. But what would happen to the objects? ”Think they’d come back after gods stop being mad? Shinies, I mean.”

Akira watched him closely regard the toy she had placed in his hand. Fortunately, the giant agreed. However, the worst thing happened, and Steve woke up. The toy escaped and grasped onto his arm, clinging for dear life. Steve was smart, using the man’s strength against him as he finally released him. Throwing itself at Lokir’s face, both to knock the man off balance and bounce back towards Akira.

The child was defeated, and collapsed to her knees, her head hung low. With chin practically resting upon her chest, she sniffled. ”A curse. What Akira do for it?” Steve looked up at her angrily from her hands. ”I thought we talked about this! Agreed not to try any more attempts to destroy me?” His voice was shrill, and mean, causing the foxling to flinch.

”You mean, Steve! I hate you and don’t want to see you again!” Yet, no matter how hard she tried, not even Akira could throw him. Burying her face in her hands, the child began to sob. ”All Akira do is pick up toy from mud! Thought lost him once. But in next town, found him in a window. Became game, and now he mean! I don’t know what to do!”

Lokir

Character Info
Name: Lokir
Alignment: TG
Race: Werebear
Class: Heavy Knight
Silver: 0
Lokir shook his head to the child's question. ”No, Akira, unfortunately the shines won't come after the Gods are done being mad. I don't think so anyway. I think some of the Gods want to teach people a less, and it's probably going to work.” He replied with a tired sigh, why? He had heard the voices of the Goddess and God like everyone else, but he still didn't understand why they had to go to such extremes. Then again, was there even an acceptable level of this that would still prove whatever point they were trying to make?

Lokir then made his failed attempt to throw Akira's toy away into the lava, getting to his feet again before falling off the roof, asking the child just what that toy was. But she had collapsed to her knees, sniffling as she spoke. It was a curse? Lokir's eyes snapped to the toy when he saw it move and then speak! It's voice was shrill and Lokir saw her flinch, now he didn't like the toy thing either, it must have been possessed. She kept trying to throw it but it never worked and she gave up and started to sob into her hands.

Lokir frowned and walked back over, eyeing the toy but making no attempt to grab it. The knight settled down to sit in front of Akira and then looked to Steve. ”If Akira was kind enough to take you in, Steve, from the mud, why are you mean to her?” He asked with a level voice. ”What is it that you want from Akira that you won't leave her alone?” He thought a moment. ”Would you consider coming with me instead, if I promised to not try and destroy you? On my honour as a knight I'll keep my word on that if you come with me.” He offered, making an attempt to get the thing away from Akira for her own sake.
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
As Akira sobbed, she glanced at the toy, waiting for its answer. It was still unknown why Steve started being mean to her. She wanted to know why it would not leave her be, or why things got mean and won’t go back to innocent times. Just in case, the toy darted behind Akira as the giant got closer.

”What I want? To know who she is! Look, I don’t know who you are, but promises and deals were made. I’ve been good! … Lately.” He peeked around her at Lokir. ”Leave everyone alone, be good, and I won’t be trapped. In return, no trying to throw me away. Besides, leaving with you won’t do me any good.” Akira tilted her head at this last comment.

”It true, promise made. But Akira tired of Steve. Why no go with Lokir?” The look that Steve gave her could curdle milk, as if what she had said was so terrible that it was incomprehensible. ”Cause I’m tied to you, Akira. He takes me, and I snap back to you. That’s the way it works. I have no choice but to follow you.” With a sigh, Akira looked back at the lava. The announcement from the gods could be heard as the lava receded, becoming plain water once more. Thanking Lokir for his attempt, Akira left the rooftop, Steve in hand, and found herself at an inn where she purchased a room to get some rest before attempting to make her way to the next location in her journey.