Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Courting Woes [event][p][r]
Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
For the better part of two thousand years, Reaver had been a vampire, and a damn good one at that. He knew how to hunt and live as one but when it came to being a vaewolf, it was a blessing and a curse. He had to learn to trust others more again, especially those that were now his family. Most of all, he had to learn to juggle his feelings better. It wasn’t a secret that he had a greater temper than before, or perhaps it's always been there and the Change had just brought out that beast he’s managed to cage away.

Nemesis, of who was a few people he would confide in on his worries, suggested hunting more to release his pent up emotions. Occasionally the God would even join his blood brother, such as tonight as the pair stalked about in the woods nearing the Volkov grounds. Reaver took on ahead to encircle the elk they heard from half a mile while Nemesis was more forward and direct in his approach.

Needless to say, when the time was right, the wolves pounced upon their prey and quickly took it down. The alpha quickly ripped into its belly and feasted on the savory organs that poured out while eying the black wolf. ”I don’t think I should state the obvious, but you’ve been watched from afar for a while now.”

“Yeah, I know”, Reaver replied as he stepped forward and took his maw into getting himself some of the meat as well. He knew who he was referring to.

Yelena.

“And?”

”And what?”

“I merely ask because Celeste was getting curious about your friendship with her. Certainly her feelings have been noticed yet you played no move regardless.”

“Nothing for me to do if I don’t have a move to make. I assume it was just a mere infatuation as she’s young. I don’t know what to make of it.”

Besides, there were too many issues in this matter. He wouldn’t necessarily be against it, but she was Celeste’s beta and more so, her adopted daughter. Then there was the matter of him already having not one, but two loves of his life ripped away from him. Some parts of that went unresolved still and his own feelings have felt like a constant whirlwind since his induction.

“Well, she’s not that young and you’ve been with younger, or have you forgotten…”

That’s different and you know it”, he spoke rolling his eyes. He didn’t quite think of comparing company for the night for a potential mate. “And do we really wish to talk about younger women? Angela is half your own damn age and Celeste was even younger. And then there were all those others that just seem to get closer and closer from just leaving the crib…”

Nemesis bared his bloody fangs at his brother before forcefully taking a bite at the elk. Funny. Regardless, if you don’t find an answer to this situation soon, even I can’t protect you from Celeste if you wound her child’s feelings greatly.”

“And how am I supposed to solve this? Court her? I barely know her.”

Nemesis thought about it for a moment and then held a grin. “Why not ask for the help from the one other person that knows Yelena best?”

Reaver looked at him hard before the realization dawned on him and furiously shook his head.

”Gods no, Nemesis. Not him…”

——————————————————
In days time, Reaver had found himself in the Byrkyn’s household, having the most awkward conversation in his life. His company only added to that awkwardness since Gabriel was Yelena’s best friend and former suitor. Had that pesky family not stood in their way, most were almost certain that Gabe’s proposal would have ended differently. And now he was asking for help to learn about her. Needless to say, his host wasn’t exactly thrilled to help but when it came to Yelena’s happiness (something that had been constantly challenged over and over), he wouldn’t deny his friend. He told him just about everything he needed to know and with clear honesty. Towards the end, the younger wolf eyed his senior, “Just so you know, I don’t care about your rank or experience. You hurt Lena, and I will kick your ass.”

“Why am I constantly being threatened for something that hasn’t even come to be yet”, he breathed beneath his breath but he nodded all the same. The girl couldn’t say that she wasn’t loved and he was more than certain that Ivan would have similar words, if not actions already.

——————————————-

Locating Yelena wasn’t difficult; in fact he simply waited for near the right time to wait for her at her hunting grounds.

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Yelena

Character Info
Name: Yelena Volkov
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Spy Stuff
Silver: 6335
Ever since Reaver and Yelena’s introduction and the closing of her traumatic past Yelena had decided not to go out on long jobs anymore. Long wasn’t the right word for it. They could be miniature lifetimes for someone who was short-lived. It had been a way for Yelena to avoid the past. Now, it wasn’t as hard to breathe anymore. Gabriel and her were actually good friends and she was rooting for him to succeed with Paulina.

Things were good. Things were decent. Yelena was young but she didn’t quite understand how to capture someone like Reaver. He made her feel things much like how Gabriel did before. It was hard because he was so much older than she was. She understood that so she was trying not to be pushy about the subject.

”How would you deal with it?” Yelena looked over at Celeste who was brewing her own potions. This had been their way to spend time together. It was quiet in the room as not even Ivan dared to interrupt during these times. It was a safe haven for Yelena.

“I would be direct but you are correct about not being pushy. Old creatures tend to be settled in their ways. He’ll come around. I can’t see how he couldn’t come to love you… You are lovable Yelena.”

“Somehow… I think that’s just you speaking as a mother…” Yelena smirked as she replied to her mother.

“One can be hopeful. Reaver is a good man. I expect great things from the two of you should this be fruitful.”

Which led to her hunt. The fog was settling in nicely as she padded around the thick bush. She was quiet about it as she dipped and ducked into the brush. There was a scent that caught her though as she went around circling the intruder.

“Reaver?” Yelena called out as she made her way out of the brush. She was much smaller than Reaver was but she made up for it with her agile movement. “What brings you out here this evening?” Her ears were listening for any sound near them.

There was a family of rabbits. There were some birds. Finally, she found some deer as she looked in the direction of the gentle chewing noises. “Are you here to hunt with me?” She did a head tilt. This was rather personal. Hunting together was different from a family hunt in her opinion.

Living today without a way
To understand the weight of the world.
Faded and torn, old and forlorn
My weak and hoping heart.

Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
It didn’t take very long before he heard movement closing in on him- surely not any sort of prey as they would have picked on in his presence and fled for safety. His eyes settled towards the direction and was greeted by the young wolf. Reaver at the time had been sitting leisurely on the ground and nodded at her. “Figured if I was to find you, you’d come here. Glad that I didn’t make a fool of myself in case you weren’t hunting today.” He gave her a friendly smile before rising to his feet.

He wasn’t too sure on how to approach her with the reason behind seeking her out. It was odd for him; he wasn’t exactly one that didn’t know how to pursue women, yet it was equally true that he wasn’t his brother when it came to turning on the natural charm and then some. But even so, he would make great use of his wits and the bits of charm he typically had. “I haven’t gotten out too much into the world aside from brief travels here and then, usually for business.” He was about to just say fuck it and get to the point when she picked up on something, likely suitable prey.

While he wasn’t exactly there for that, Reaver thought about it for a moment. Pack hunting was something he was getting accustomed to; hunting in pairs, even more so. To this point, he had only done so with Nemesis and he realized how much more in tune the duo in question would have to be. That much was given to him by Gabe as one of the ways into building trust with her.

He could ask her later after they busied themselves with some exercise anyway.

“I can, if you’d want me to.” The change was quick and the larger black wolf approached her side. “I’ll follow your lead, Yelena.”

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P