Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Answering the Call (P)
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
Kythe had been training in the yard at the Fort when the Ranger had arrived with a message to anyone who would answer it; had Angela not recently healed her wound then maybe she would have passed the note onto Kiba or even Lokir… but she was back to full strength now and had long since felt as though she was not pulling her own weight around the Fort - what better way to do her bit then to take this note and answer it herself rather than burdening the God and his Champion any further than she already was. Oh she knew that her son would argue that she was no burden and she reckoned that even Lokir would say the same but she felt like one and that was enough to make her take action where she could. 

The letter tucked into the inner pocket of her coat Kythe's emerald green eyes flickered back and forth as she searched the trees for signs of anyone who might wish to ambush her - the letter had asked for aid and Kythe had come to offer it but that did not mean that she was not completely certain that the letter had been truthful in it's intentions; a call for help could just as easily be a trap meant to lure someone in to harm them. While there had been no specific name upon the letter that didn't mean much in terms of it's authenticity. 

Stopping amongst the trees Kythe looked over her shoulder and gave a small shrug as she furled her wings against her back. "My name is Kythe Sitari, Mother to Kiba Balatro; I have come in answer to the call for aid your Ranger brought to the Fort Lord Zanar." She called out, wondering whether or not the man would answer.
Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
The temple was in disarray, those who came to worship panicking about even leaving the temple grounds. The Rangers and Clergy trying their best to calm down those that needed to leave. Reports were coming in of people either leaving or coming to the temple being killed or wounded amongst the paths. Not only that but Zanar had sensed that few of the wolves that guided the people to the temple gates had perished as well, and not of natural causes. All this had happened because few had lost faith in the god ever since he got wounded in the war with the insect forces of Onnen.

Now though, it was up to the god to fix what he had caused. He did not want people to panic nor did he want any more unneeded death to flow through his lands and the Virens. He did not help the cause by simply vanishing from his temple, but he could not help it. The only thing that he had left was the order for his rangers to send for outside help, strong adventurers or travelers that could help him put an end to this disaster.

The god would not use his normal form, but instead, choose a glamour of a Ranger. Using a simple incognito spell in order to change his form to a man in his mid-twenties. He donned the normal leather armor that most of his rangers wore and the green cloak that bore his sigil. Short blonde hair with striking emerald eyes, he, of course, could not actually see out of the right eye but needed to cover up the scarred eye as well. It was one of the few glamours that he used to blend in with the normal folk, and one that he would use as he waited among the trees for a response for his plea for help.

Moments had passed, and he let out a small sigh. He figured no one would show, as to why would they risk their lives for something a god shouldn’t have let happen in the first place. He was about ready to pack up and leave to find the traitor himself when he heard a voice call out. Kiba’s mother? Strange how of all people that she would be the one to answer. He made his way to the sound of the voice.

Approaching the woman, he drew out his blade and stabbed it into the hard earth and took the bow from his back and put it down next to the sword. A sign showing that he had meant no harm, along with him holding up his hands. ”I Thank you for answering the plea we sent out, and I am sure Lord Zanar feels the same.” How strange it was for the god still to call himself out. ” Unfortunately, the panic within the temple has made it so that he could not great you. Yet he does have Rangers such as myself to answer.” He turned his back to the woman to show her the sigil of his cloak before facing her again.

”If more proof is needed, I can tell you the contents of the letter. My Lord was asking for aid in finding the traitor who is killing Rangers and now even travelers who made their way to the temple” His eye stared the woman down.

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
As a man approached from the trees, Kythe's hand immediately went to her sword hilt, wings half unfurled as she readied to protect herself should she need to. Her own, emerald eyes, watched him carefully as he drew his blade and stabbed it into the ground as a show of peace, she too did the same - it was only right to follow the warriors codes in such engagements after all. 
As the man began to speak Kythe's eyes narrowed a little, one eyebrow raised as she cocked her head slightly to one side, at the words he spoke. She had never met Zanar in person before, so she would not have known the man if he had stood before her, but she did recognise the scent from the letter. Faint though the man's scent was, it was clear to the Minadrian woman, that this was in fact Zanar himself… given the nature of his note and the words he spoke she assumed that, as yet, he had not revealed his true nature out of suspicion. Fair enough, she would play the game with him, for the moment at least, but Kythe had never been a patient woman where the God's were concerned, she had never particularly liked them after all. 
"Well met then," she replied with a small nod. 

"Lord Zanar has my services, and that of my Guild, now that we are growing in number. I assume Lord Zanar remains wary, I don't blame him of course, if there was a traitor amongst his own number, however I would point out that, while I don't know what he looks like, he needs to work on masking his own scent. Or maybe not write the letter by his own hand and then arrive in attendance himself perhaps?" She said in a lilting, somewhat amused tone - ok, so she had intended on letting him play his game… until he'd stared her down… and immediately Kythe's limited patience had vanished. 
"You called for aid Lord Zanar, I come in answer of that, as do the Nosse. How can we help you in finding this traitor?" She asked softly, smiling knowingly at the man.