Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Up All Night[P,R]
Xyaban

Character Info
Name: Xyaban
Alignment: CE
Race: Venom Dragon
Class: Insanity
Silver: 0
She giggled as she cradled the baby in her arms and smiled wide with pride. ”I love you, my son. Mommy will always love you.” She spoke in a soothing voice to the baby she held, swaddled comfortably in a blanket. To have her own child was so rewarding for the short being, it gave her something to live for. She rocked her son back and forth as she walked around a little, only to have her focus taken by a groaning sound from a few feet away.

She looked to the source and grinned stepping closer to the man sitting in the chair. ”Have something to say?” She questioned sliding into his lap with a wicked grin, reaching down with arms to check the bonds that held the man in the place. The man tried to speak but nonsense spilled out and the female giggled again as she leaned in and kissed him before standing again. ”We've been three days together, you know? I doubt at this point if you even know what side of you is up, going with no sleep for that long can have those affects.” She spoke as she carefully settled her baby down on the bed for a nap, the stuffed dragon baby doll smiling always at his mommy. Always.

With her son down for a nap Xyaban moved back to her captive and settled back in his lap sitting so she was straddling him and facing him. She studied the poor guy for a moment; his eyes were half open and bloodshot, once in a while they'd move to focus on something that wasn't actually there. ”What do you see?” Xy asked in a quiet voice to her victim.

It took a couple of attempts but he managed to slur out a sentence. ”Stupid cat, won't go away.”

Xyaban glanced behind her and giggled, there was no cat, he was hallucinating. Xy only stood five feet tall, with long mouse brown hair and poison green eyes. Her figure was lithe and she was pretty with flawless skin of a golden hue, and a pert chest that matched her small frame very well. She wore some simple robes, but her fingers ended in claws and on her back some of the quills that lined either side of her spine poked out. Her four foot tail swished lazily behind her as she moved. She was a dragon of a rare kind, venom dragon is what she'd call herself, if indeed she knew what kind she even was, which she didn't.

The dragoness leaned in and kissed him on the lips again, deeper this time, for a moment. ”I wondered what that new venom would do, now I know.” She smiled and lifted her left arm, from the underside of her wrist slid out a five inch long hollow bone blade, coming to a very sharp point. She poked this into his neck and injected him with her newly created venom. It would cause him sleeplessness and, should he actually fall asleep in any way, terrible nightmares that would make his sleep restless and likely wake him up. ”Three days and no sleep for you, thankfully your bed is comfy for me and Kirin to sleep on.” She spoke standing again and checking on her son, still sleeping soundly.

Xy had broken into the man's little cottage three days before, looking for food, fun and something to kill, which was her kind of fun. At the same time she had been working on making a venom again, being what she was Xy could create all kinds of nasty poisons, toxins and venom in her own body. She could mix them at will to create new affects, and once she made something useful she could always make it again later. It was a process that she'd struggle to explain since it was all internal and happened naturally for her when she put her mind to it.

When the man had come back and found Xy he had tried to chase her away but the dragoness was a lot stronger than her size suggested and she easily subdued him instead. After that she had decided to test her new creation on him and that was what brought them to this day. She gave him water now and then and some food, he wouldn't eat the first day and most of the second but eventually he did if only because he wasn't sure what was going on anymore.

Xyaban found her place back on his lap again and studied him. ”I wonder how long you'll last before it kills you, I'm curious. And you are only human, I'd bet others would last longer than you, but sleep is important to everyone and everything.” Ideas played in her mind and she smiled. The cottage was a fair ways off the main path that had been blazed through the forest and no one had come out their way to find this place. But even Xyaban knew that, eventually, anyone that knew this man would find it odd he was missing for three days and come looking for him. She didn't care, more people to experiment on, or just kill, whatever happened, happened.
Trinity

Character Info
Name: Trinity
Race: Vampire
Class: Knight
Silver: 307
The little village whose name kept escaping Trinity’s recollection over and over again made for a lovely start towards her goals of creating a family. A few men and women disappeared in the last week or so, many of these lost souls were fairly young and strong bodied. She had been wise to keep away from the village during the daylight hours, taking refuge deep in the woods, her body shrouded in a thick black hooded cloak. She would only strike at the dead of night, taking advantage of the general pastime the folks took to- drinking. Some would foolishly stumble themselves over to the forest and she would be there waiting to snatch them up. Her children weren’t that of vampires themselves, but instead were too weak and changed into ghouls. Nigh mindless but absolutely loyal to her, these things would be locked away until she required them.

There was something that had gnawed at her for a bit since her arrival. It was something that made her mind wander as she believed at times that there was more around these parts than just herself, her children and the helpless people. The young vampiress couldn’t shake the feeling away and it annoyed her greatly that eventually, she had enough. Fallen leaves crunched beneath her heavy boots as the ominous figure ventured through the thicket, golden eyes beamed from the recesses of her hood before she removed it and allowed for long, blonde pigtails to flourish. After what seemed like mindless wandering for hours, she was just about ready to give up when she noticed what looked to be a house in the distance.

Trinity hadn’t…known that someone had actually lived out here- it would have made things a lot simpler had she known about it. Why hell, she would have used it as her base of operations instead of the dingy little cave she kept her creations at. Her face twisted into a frown for a moment before it melted away. Trinity moved over to the door, anticipating a possible fight which was why beneath her attire laid several blades that could be drawn out. After all, as she knocked on the door, who would be expecting company this late of an hour? “Hello? I’m afraid that I’m lost in this area. Is anyone home?” Her voice, sweet sounding in nature, lurked something more terrifying beneath it.

Main Account: Nemesis!
Xyaban

Character Info
Xyaban was having fun with her play thing, she was sitting in his lap just watching as his eyes wondered around the room looking at things that didn't exist. Eventually she moved from him and sat on the edge of the bed, she had injected him with another dose so he was set for the night. Xyaban leaned down and checked on her baby, he was still asleep and happily so, so she left him alone. He'd probably wake up soon and want feeding before he would sleep through the night fully.

It was then that the knock on the door came and he attention snapped to it as the voice called from outside. Sweet sounding, saying that she, for it sounded female, was lost and this late at night in the forest was a bad place to be alone with no way to defend yourself. It was late so why was someone around here now? Xy assumed that anyone this man knew would come in the morning, and by then she'd be gone, at least that was her plan.

Standing Xyaban moved carefully to the door, as she did from her right wrist extended a three foot blade of bone and scales, razor sharp. She also had a spell in her mind and ready just in case, still this could be prove interesting and add more fun to her night if the person behind the door was a lost soul. Xyaban opened the door slowly and only enough to look out at the figure standing on the other side, ready to defend herself if needed.

On the other side of the door stood a young woman with ivory coloured skin and golden eyes. Xyaban eyed her up and down, she was rather pretty, Xy's sexual interests were rather open, so males and females both she found attractive. Since Xy was in a good mood from what she had been doing so far, she didn't try and drag the young woman inside and take her captive as well. Instead, Xy's poison green eyes showed that she was happy as she smiled, showing small fangs in her mouth. ”Hello there, please, come inside.” Xy invited, there was something about this female that was making Xy want to know her better, perhaps it was a natural instinct for a predator to know when she was in the presence of another predator?

Xy stepped aside and opened the door open enough for the young woman to walk in, keeping her blade hidden behind her. If the young woman came inside and walked in far enough Xy would slam the door shut and drop down the bar to lock it shut. But, should she try and leave one spotting the bound man in the chair Xy would attempt to grab her and drag her inside and subdue her. Either way, Xyaban was smiling as she waited to see the woman's reaction to the scene before her.

[OOC:  Gmod granted if needed.]
Trinity

Character Info
Trinity wasn’t sure what to expect when the door finally made its way open to greet the lost and lonely woman. Her face didn’t waiver from the scared look that she painted, her eyes lowered themselves to seek out the rather short lady who clearly wasn’t human herself. Her head tilted to the side while her body quivered in a false fright. Well, this would explain why someone was living out here in the middle of nowhere. But it wasn’t enough to let her guard down as she was invited inside. Now she would have to deal with this stranger with a home-field advantage. Her ruby lips formed into a meek smile as she stepped into the house, “Thank you, thank you.”

Trinity interlocked her arms, hands gripping them as if to attempt to comfort her as she glanced around to get a feel for her new surroundings. The other woman was calm and kind enough, but what if she too was playing a ruse? She knew that she wasn’t human, but what she was it was an enigma.

“A lovely place you have…” The vampiress froze once she spotted a man restrained in a chair. Slowly she approached the male as he babbled onward about a cat. But when she looked to where this supposed feline was, there was none. Hell, it was like she wasn’t there for him. He was much larger than the little woman yet it appeared like he was at her mercy. Trinity’s body shook even more as she took a step back. “What’s…going on here?” Nervously, she turned to her hostess and then back to the man. Her right hand carefully slipped into her sleeve and retrieved a dagger, taking its hilt into her fingers but kept it from sight. While her hostess was a pretty, harmless looking creature, she knew far better than to underestimate her. Her body soon ceased shaking and there was an eerie calmness about her as her eyes lingered still onto the poor fool.

“I take it that this is his house then?” Her voice was void of any traces of fear or innocence as she had her back turned to the woman. Her fingers still playing around her dagger’s hilt as she stepped around the man and noticed the neck wounds. Her eyes then lifted to see the perpetrator and leaned against the back of the man’s chair. “And what are you doing here?”

[OOC: Same here]

Xyaban

Character Info
Xy watched as the young pale skinned woman came inside hugging herself, but then she stopped when she saw the retrained man in the chair. Xyaban smiled, moment of truth time, as she turned and shut the door behind her leaning back on it, keeping her wrist blade behind her back and hidden behind her leg. Xyaban said nothing as the stranger took in the man and what he was babbling about as she asked what was going on. Still Xy said nothing as the woman looked to her, only smiled, before more questions were asked.

But now the tone of voice changed, no more fear and no innocence, so, it all had been a ruse then it seemed? She stepped around the man and leaned on his chair to Xyaban asking what she was doing there. ”Well,” She started, moving her right hand from behind her back exposing the blade that sprouted from her right wrist as she leaned back on door and crossed her arms in a way that her right arm was under her left leaving the blade from cutting her. ”I found this place rather you like you probably; by accident.” She smiled, she felt like there was no need for secrets at this point. ”He wasn't here when I got here, I was looking for something for myself, and my infant son to eat.” She nodded her head towards the bed that had the bundle of blankets where her baby was sleeping. ”So, do please try and be quiet, he's asleep.” She smiled, if only the stranger knew what was actually in that bed. ”He came back and found me and, hilariously, tried to attack me. As you can see, I won. But, instead of killing him right then and there, I wanted to try something. The other day I created a new poison that can keep people awake, and, should they fall asleep, give them terrible nightmares that force them back awake. I needed a test subject.”

She giggled, an almost innocent sound coming from her, but death clung to her. ”He's been awake now for three days, it'll be four come morning. Rather interesting, he was defiant at the start but part way through yesterday would accepted food from me, and would smile at me. He's started to see things as you have seen for yourself. I'm curious to see how long a human can stay awake before their bodies start to shut down.” She giggled again and smiled to the woman. ”So, what do you think?” She thought a minute and openly eyed the woman for a moment. ”You're like me, aren't you? A predator?” She asked with a wicked little smile. ”If that's the case, are we going to fight over the prey?”
Trinity

Character Info
The moment she saw the man was when she knew that this had to be a trap she walked into. Was the other woman expecting her or another person to come? Well, it didn’t matter whether or not it was true. They were in this predicament now and would have to see how this played out. Trinity kept a close eye on the woman as his hand now gripped steadily on her dagger, ready to strike should the opportunity presented itself. Her other hand gripped tightly around the man’s shoulder, who didn’t seem to respond to the touch, no matter how firmly she grasped him.

When her questions finally were receiving answers, she quickly noticed the unusual blade that seemed to stem from her arm. Seeing it made her hand with the dagger slip out to see. The facades were all over now and she wasn’t about to give the woman an inch of an advantage. So the poor fool came home to see someone eating his porridge, sitting in his chairs and sleeping in his bed. How quaint. Pressing the blade lightly against his neck, it didn’t present a problem for him as she let it travel down him before retracting it away. Trinity turned to the direction of the woman’s baby and while there was something on the bed, surrounded with blankets, something seemed off. She heard not a peep from it nor did she hear a heartbeat. Just what was she pulling here? “Of course I will”, she replied while still skeptical. That concern soon dropped and she circled back around to the man’s front and peeked at his eyes. Surely enough, this poison that worked into his system had kept him from slumber- pity that he was being used in such a way. Why he would had made for an excellent lackey. But he was far too damaged for Trinity to even want now.

“A few more days and his mind will be completely taken by the edge of madness…the body will follow.” Golden eyes lingered and narrowed at the dangerous woman as her dagger slipped back into her sleeve. “Sounds like a crazy idea, though you’re at least resourceful.” The vampiress stood by and pondered the comparison between the two of them. It was a brash thing to say, especially short notice, but she was right. She was a killer in her own right, but out of survival and desire. “Like you? Perhaps. But I don’t fight over victims. He matters even less to me now that I know that he has some sort of poison in him.” She certainly wasn’t going to test her luck with feeding on him, not knowing what side effects would come down on her. As far as she was concerned, his blood was worthless now. While she could simply kill him and end his suffering, she refrained. She was quite sure that the smaller woman would take offense against that.

Slowly she approached the woman, her head ever tilting to the side, though it was more out of curiosity than the forged fear from before. “I do wish to know one thing though, did the thought cross your mind of turning me into an experiment like him?”

Xyaban

Character Info
Xy's eyes moved to eye the dagger the woman held, ah, so now they each knew better where the other stood, no more secrets perhaps? Xy smiled when the woman said she'd be quiet for the sleeping baby before explaining more of what was going on here. The woman examined the man and spoke of what would happen in a few more days. ”Days, hm, I don't want to be here that long, so I will take your word for what will happen.” Xy replied, noting that the dagger had slipped away, so in turn Xy's own blade retracted back into her arm again out of sight.

At the question of Xy's intent the dragoness laughed lightly. ”You, or anyone you might have walked up to that door.” She confessed looking up a the taller woman with a grin when she was approached. ”I had thought to open the door and drag you inside and subdue you when you first knocked. But I'm in a good mood and, when I saw you, hm, there is something about you, something I think I like.” She stepped aside from the woman and walked back over to the man again and eyed him, time was up perhaps. ”You didn't try and attack me, and you aren't saying that I have done wrong with what I have done, that's rare for me, as you can imagine. So that helps."

She held her left hand up and her smaller needle like blade came out from under her wrist. ”Sorry, my dear, your time is up.” She spoke to the man but stepped around him to face her visitor. As she did a brackish liquid started to dribble from the end of the blade coming from Xy's chest as she flexed her hand and seemed to focus internally. She was emptying her internal glands of the venom she had been using to go back to the stuff she normally used. After a few moments the brackish liquid turned brown and then stepped. She prodded the end of the needle into his neck for a moment and then retracted it.

The effects weren't too long in showing, if the vampire thought the poison in him was bad before what Xy had just injected him with was much worse. The man's blood started to congeal and turn into a black goo as it started to seep from his ears, eyes and nose. Normally someone would be yelling in pain and shaking on the floor until they died, but in his state he only garbled some more words before his head tilted over as his life left him. ”There, that's an end to that.” Xy said as she walked to and picked up her baby, who was awake now. ”Aw, who's mommy big boy? You are, Kirin.” Xyaban smiled wide, a proud mother as she carried her baby with her now that he was awake. ”Ah, that reminds me, I am Xyaban.” The dragoness said. ”As this is Kirin, say hi, Kirin.” Xy smiled and stepped close enough to Trinity to allow the vampire to see just what Xyaban was cradling and calling her baby. ”May I ask one thing? What are you? I feel as if I should know, but it escapes me.”
Trinity

Character Info
The tactics that this strange woman had bestowed onto the man weren’t out of the norm for Trinity. No, she could recall times back when things were much simpler and her father who wasn’t worthless at the time had kept his prisoners in his dungeon. They too underwent horrific punishments and were starved until they wasted away. Others were there to simply serve as blood cattle but none of them would ever see the light of the sun again. She became familiar with death as it happened rather often in that dungeon. Apparently her offered suggestion to how long the man would live before his body gave up didn’t settle well with her hostess. The fate of the man was no concern at all; the moment that she learned that he wasn’t suitable to be feed from and that she couldn’t risk turning him, her interest immediately died.

Her eyes watched her like a hawk, she didn’t completely trust her as far as not attacking. There was still plenty of time to try and make her a test subject. She figured that this good mood she was in was because of her poison working its way through the man’s blood. That and the two of them being alike in some ways. “Well, I can’t blame you honestly. I would have done the same thing if given half a chance”, she admitted as she observed her moving over to the dazed victim. “I don’t attack unless I know I can win. You were a difficult read, so I had to be careful.” As much as she didn’t want to admit that due to her pride, Trinity didn’t want to fight a possible losing battle, at least not now.

“Why would I judge another predator?”

Her words trailed off quietly, her body turned around just enough to see what was soon going to happen to him. Death was a sweet release for someone in his position and from the moment he was stabbed once more by the hostess, until his final breath, he only suffered a little. The dark liquid seeped from his body, all the way to the floor. There’d be no more talk about cats, at least. The room fell silent until the baby was retrieved from the bed and her attention turned towards it. Again, there was not a peep that could be heard from it, at least in her case. Trinity knew not what she was tending to, another enigmatic case here. Xyaban introduced herself as well as her child, and the vampire peeked closely at it when it was close enough. While she kept a good face outwardly, her mind couldn’t help but to question whether this was a sick joke or did the woman actually believe the toy to be alive.

Looking back and forth between Xyaban and Kirin, Trinity shrugged it off. “Trinity. I am a vampire. Does that help jog your mind a bit, or is a demonstration in order?” She couldn’t shake off how bizarre it was that she was keeping that thing around and calling it her baby. In any sense, she didn’t wish to argue against it, not knowing what it would trigger.

“Pity you are out of test subjects, but I suppose if we continued to play nice with each other, then I could tell you where you could find more…”

Xyaban

Character Info
Xy laughed a little. ”I like to win as well, I'm the first to admit I play, and fight, dirty. A little sand in the eyes never hurt anyone, it's what comes after that that usually hurts most.” She giggled. ”I don't know, why would a predator judge another? I would think the only time that happens is if one side intends to fight the other.” Xyaban replied as she got Kirin back into her arms again and held him close.

After introducing herself and her son Xy asked what the woman was, and at the mention of vampire the dragon's eyes seemed to light up with excitement. Vampire? Oh, goody! Xyaban's smiled grew sly as Trinity spoke. ”Yes, indeed, vampire, I should have known. Still, if you want to demonstrate I don't mind.” She licked her lips as she leaned in a little closer and tilted her head to one side to expose her neck some more. The dragoness laughed as she stepped back again, she'd have to put down Kirin before anything else happened, she didn't want to be holding him if something did come of that idea. ”It's been sometime, but I have been told my blood is rather sweet to your kind.” She had been fed on in her past of course, coming across a vampire now and then. The first had been most interesting as he had tried to subdue her and found she was equalling his strength. He'd strike her and slash her and she'd only giggle in reply and attack him some more. Finally he had managed to get his fangs into her throat but found that she had tried to pull him in closer and deepen his bite on her neck. While had had drank his fill it hadn't affected her as much as normally would, and she had changed either. Xy liked that feeling, she got it where she could. ”If you're hungry of course.” Xy smiled.

At the idea of more test subjects Xyaban brightened a little more, so far she was liking Trinity. ”I can play nice, that sounds like fun. I don't have anymore new poisons to test on anyway at the moment, but a little something to have as a play thing for a while might be nice. We could share if you like, take turns maybe. Or each have one and compare what we do with them, we could learn from each other.” Xyaban smiled, a terrible sounding and deplorable idea indeed, but one that sounded most fun to her twisted little mind.

Her attention was suddenly back to Kirin again and she shhed him quietly and rocked him. ”Aw, are you hungry?” Xyaban turned her back to Trinity for a moment and opened her robe top enough to allow Kirin to feed and she turned back again half covered, strange indeed considering the nature of the “infant” she carried. Indeed she wasn't carrying milk either, the cause of what Trinity saw here was over forty years ago when Xyaban's first and to this point only egg had been laid dead. So any chance of Xyaban lactating was long gone now, but that didn't stop her from trying to feed Kirin that way. One had to wonder; what would she do when she decided that Kirin was ready for solid food? Or would she ever come to that realization, considering his never aging body?

The dragoness smiled back to Trinity again. ”I had thought that one of his friends would eventually come along looking for him, thought you might have been one when you knocked actually, until you spoke up anyway. Are you the kind of vampire that will die in sunlight? Or can you move around in it?”
Trinity

Character Info
Dirty tactics weren’t beneath Trinity to use to make sure she won as well. But there was a method to her own madness and clearly, Xyaban’s was another sort. If it wasn’t how she handled that man from before, it was the stuffed dragon she carried in her arms. Normally she would have been disgusted by the display of affection, especially towards an inanimate object, but ever since her resurrection, her overall demeanor had changed. Instead, she felt a bit of sympathy for the woman that clearly was losing grip on reality, or at least just enough of it. She was still highly functional and coherent as much as she could tell and observed.

Her eyes narrowed darkly with the excitement slipping out of her about learning what creature she was. Odd, many didn’t wish to encounter a vampire, especially if they felt like they would be on the opposite end of her fangs. But Xyaban seemed far too excited to tell her about her run-ins with her kind for it to be lies. Trinity dropped her glaze and moved over to the dead man. Having bared witness to what happened to him just a moment ago, she hesitated to even consider the idea of tasting her blood. She had seen some of the things she was able to do, and yet there might have been other things she could have done that the vampire didn’t know of. What if she was able to transfer the poison into her own bloodstream and was just egging her on to bite and infect her? Still, there was something that stirred her interest about the idea. It only grew stronger as her eyes met Xyaban’s. It had been a whole evening since she had gone hunting and the village would take quite a journey back, perhaps half the night. It was too risky to travel now. Of course, her hostess’ previous actions didn’t help matters. Her arms folded against her chest, her mind still mulling things over. “I’d suggest you put your son down in that case…”, she offered. “I doubt you would want to expose him to something scary like that.”

Trinity moved closer to her, undoing the clasp of her cloak before letting it drop. It hit the floor with a heavy thud, exposing small swords, daggers, and knives that were sheathed in the inner workings of the cloth. On her person was a red and black striped corset, black skirt and knee-high boots. She wasn’t too much afraid of the woman, but should her remaining doubts prove correct, then she was sure that she could get to her blades in time. “The village is quite a trek from here, and it’s full of idiots that typically get lost in their drunken states at night. I’ve already had plenty of fun myself with them, so I’d be willing to share." The corner of her lips tugged upward at the thought of dooming others. They had no other use for her. Trinity ceased moving any closer when she went to feed her baby. If this had been a ruse, then it would have been over with by now. But it was clear that she truly believed Kirin to be alive. Time would only make her scars deeper when her son remained unchanged as the years went by. It was a pity to see a divine creature like her in this state.

“Both. I can move around if covered properly. But exposed, my flesh will ignite and I will die in it.” Her kind were well known and thus proved to be a waste of time to lie to her about it. Stepping up to her, she looked at the doll and held a grin. “Well, you know what I am, but what are you? From your child’s appearance, you are some sort of dragon? I have to admit I’ve never seen someone like you before.”