Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > [P][R] Stay Awhile [R][P]
EdenSilverstein

Character Info
Name: Eden Caterina Silverstein
Alignment: LN
Race: Human/Werewolf
Class:
Silver: 633
A sigh left her lips as Eden walked out of the city. It was finally her time to be on her own. Her mother, Katerina Silverstein, had kept a tight hold on her for a long time. She was going to miss her, but it was time for her to live on her own. Her mother couldn’t always be there for her. 

“Taking me in was the best thing you could ever do, but mom it’s time for me to leave and travel on my own.” Flashes of the conversation she had just had with her mother appeared in her mind. “I know, but I just can’t let you go….after everything…” Tears flowed down her mother's face and she couldn’t help but wipe them away. “We talked about me leaving for months. It’s time. I love you, Mom. I will always be your daughter.” 

Pushing her thoughts away, she followed the path away from the city. It wasn’t long before the new young adventure was lost. “Great way to start your day, Eden.” She said out-loud to herself while kicking a nearby rock. Her blue eyes watched as it flew up into the air and disappeared ahead of her. Tall trees stretched out for miles from east to west.  “Damnit..” She cursed as she stopped at the edge of the forest. Her eyes trailed up one end to the other, “To go in….Or not to go in. That is the question…” With her hands on her hips, she looked through the trees. “Let’s do this…” The werewolf nodded to herself as she took her first step into the forest. “Your already lost anyway. "

Eden sighed as her feet walked along the barely visible path, it was disappearing quicker and quicker. “Soon there won’t be any left.. I got to find a village..” Her eyes wandered through the trees as she continued on the path. After almost hours of walking, her mind began to think of her past. “I would run through this forest the you…” She whispered thinking of her older brother. The monster had taken everyone she knew. It wasn’t till then when she recognized the forest she was traveling through. “No.. No… why!!! The gods must hate me..” She said her fist contacting with the nearest tree. Her luck was just getting worse. 

Now the young wolf demon knew where this trail had led. It wasn’t long till the trees opened up to have a village appear. Small houses gathered around the area, trees scattered in between almost every house. The village lay empty a result of the monster who took all the older women and men. The area was silent, not even a bird chirped near by.  A frown lined her lips, she turned to walk away, but the laugh that sounded near by caught her attention. “Mom said they were all gone..” She whispered to herself before sprinting into a run. Hope kindled within her that someone in her village was alive.

Turning the corner, she suddenly stopped. Holding her breath to keep from gasping or making any sound, her eyes widened as she saw the men sitting around the fire. Her eyes eyed the swords on their hips and their clothing. “Bandits..” She thought to herself as she started to turn around. “Well look what we have here, boys.” One of the men saw her and stood up. “Don’t go. Stay awhile. We don’t bite…” He paused looking at his men. “Leader.” She thought, her lips didn’t move to say anything, instead she turned and ran. “Get her boys!!” He called out and two of the six men ran after her.

In a matter of seconds, she felt hands gripping both of arms and pulled her back. Eden’s feet lifted from the ground and she began to squirm. “Let me go!” She yelled, she had to figure out a way out of there. Her bow and arrows that was on her back was ripped from her . “Don't think your going anywhere.” One of them said laughing. “Let’s get her back to camp.” Now it was going to be harder to get away, she needed to have a way to get away, anyway. She hopped she didn’t have to kill the men. 

Thyme

Character Info
Name: Thyme Rose
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite/Elf
Class: Ranger
Silver: 726
Even if he didn’t have to hunt for his own food, he enjoyed the thrill of the hunt. His feet hit the ground faster than a scared deer. He hopped into the trees and ran along thin branches, agility and balance on his side. His bow was forever notched as he looked for the perfect prey among the beasts. There were several to choose from.

His elvish ears picked up on a noise though. He lowered his bow as he listened in deeper to the sounds of the jungle. “Let me go!”- it reached his ears like the river reaches the seas. Damsel? So be it. Her monsters would be his perfect prey.

He ran along the tops of the trees until he could see her black hair. It was the perfect shade of night, like the dark cosmos his mother grew in her gardens back home. His green eyes soaked in everything for a moment as he nimbly followed them back to his camp.

One. Two. Four. Six. There were six men that he counted and only one gem with them. He notched his arrows as they took their turn trying to scare her in the camp. Soon they would have their way with her, something Ash would never let him forget. A deep sigh left his lips, after he made sure he was far enough away from the lot. He dove down like a swan into the water. An upside down head shot from his arrow sent the leader backwards as the halfling landed on his feet.

“It would be in your best interests Gentlemen if you were to leave the Flower be.” The men stared at the dead body of their leader and smiled at him.

“Lucky shot Mate.”

Thyme winked at Eden. “Don’t think this too much of me Love.” He disappeared and reappeared behind one snapping his neck. “I really hate not being elegant about things but you lot disgust me.” They began to run like scared deer as he sniped them one by one with his bow. His movements were quick and fast, much faster than that of a typical elf thanks to his mother’s blood.

Once he was done, he looked around and made sure there were no more hiding in the deep dark of the forest. “Now, what is a pretty and defenseless Flower doing all by herself in these woods? It’s not safe.” He lowered his bow so he could show her he meant no harm. “My name is Thyme like the herb.”

I don't wanna lose my way
I don't wanna walk that line
Always giving in too soon, breaking down when you could shine
EdenSilverstein

Character Info
Class:
It wasn’t the first time she found herself in this kind of situation. Her mind flashed to her mother standing high above her. She didn’t make a move to stop the men that had her, instead she waited and watched. She knew that her daughter could do this all on her own. In that moment, Eden knew what she was going to do. Just a simple stomp, kick and transform. They would then think twice about messing with her. 

The young wolf’s thoughts were halted by the arrow shooting into the Leader’s head. Holding back a gasp, she heard the voice of the new comer. “Flower…” She thought with distaste. Her head turn to look over her shoulder.  The two men beside her kept their hands around her arms. A wink came from the unknown man and he spoke to her. If they weren’t in a situation like this, she would of rolled her eyes. 

It only took a moment before the man disappeared, then appeared right before, taking out one then another man. It didn’t take long before the mystery man killed them all. A sigh left the woman’s lips, she wasn’t a damsel in distress. It was just taking her a few more moments than usual to figure out what she could do. 

Crossing her arms, she didn’t smile at Thyme. A normal damsel would have. “I could of handle them. I didn’t need any help, but thank you. “ She still had her manners. Turning around she looked at the dead bodies around her. Her eyes soon looked at the houses around her. Now that this was done, she had to get out of there. “Thank you for all that you have done. Now I gotta go.” She said before turning and walking through the houses and into the trees.  

Eden wasn’t the one to like being saved, she knew how to handle herself now. She had come a long way since five years ago. Thanks to her mother. 

Thyme

Character Info
Thyme stared at the woman and took a giant sigh. “Oh you're like mother, fan-fucking-tastic.” It came out of his mouth before he knew it and he chuckled. “You need to be more aware of your surroundings.” He said it as he walked with her but his eyes were watching something in the distance. “It’s something that comes with age.”

Out of the blue through a bush a purple haired girl, somewhat short, came from the bushes and examined Eden. “Flower is the general name men of the Rosenite species tend to give women who they don’t know. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn’t.” Her words were formal and low as she continued to watch Eden.

“Sapphire, I was wondering when you were going to stop following me and come out. You shouldn’t be here. You should be at home with mother.” Sapphire’s blue eyes looked back at him.

“You are implying I can’t take care of myself?” She was only thirteen but she looked so fragile. Thyme rubbed the back of his head.

“I know you can’t. The last time you ventured off on your own you ended up with a vine through your stomach.” Sapphire made a wince and held her belly through that baggy dress she wore. “Looks like we are staying with you until we find a Rose covered arch to send Sapphire home in. Look, I know you can probably take care of yourself but my mother taught me to know better. She would be disappointed if I didn't see you to your destination.”

Thyme jogged up by them and took Sapphire’s hand as if he was going to lose her in the forest. “This is my sister Sapphire.” 

Big blue eyes stared back at Eden. “Is she half elf too?”

Thyme took a sigh and patted the girl’s head with his free hand. “Not everyone you meet on the outside is like us little one. We’re hardly alike as it is. Your father was a noble high elf from Endopano. Mine? A wild elf.”

“Must have been a good with words if he got mother.” Sapphire’s words made him laugh.

“Mother can handle herself. Stop thinking on it so hard. When you are old enough, I will take you to Endopano.” Sapphire’s eyes lit up as she stared back over at Eden.

“You lie.” Sapphire watched Eden as she said it. “What are you? If you are not elf what are you?” Thyme sighed a bit.

“I’ve told my mother that keeping them locked up until they are able to defend themselves is a bad thing.” He tried to explain to Eden even if she didn’t want to hear it. “Enemies that she does have can easily be wiped out by the eldest of us.” It must have been weird hearing this and not actually hearing who their mother was. 

Sapphire’s long purple hair barely reached the ground as Thyme pulled it up and ripped a piece of his shirt so he could tie it up. “You don’t want sticks and mud in it do you?” Sapphire stared at him for another moment and nodded. “You can’t adventure out into the wild if you barely know how to dress. You are a bookworm not an adventurer.” He wasn’t scolding her but he was trying to tell her how it was. “For instance, look at our friend here. She is dressed for adventure and not dressed like she is going to the library.” 

Sapphire looked down at her blue dress and stared back at Eden. “Is he telling the truth?”

EdenSilverstein

Character Info
Class:
Eden narrowed her eyes towards the man. He acted like she couldn’t take care of herself. She could and would’ve if he didn’t come around. As she started to walk away from him and towards the forest, he followed. A sigh left her lips as she turned around to look at him. “I can take care of myself! If you would of waited, you would of saw that, now can you please le—-” Her voice was cut off by the sudden appearance of a child. He started to speak again, but the child stole her attention. 

The long hair and big eyes made her thoughts go to her little sister. She reminded her so much of her. “Sapphire…” She thought to herself, she wanted to remember that name. Looking back at the man then to the girl, they spoke to each other so comfortably. An ache in her heart began to surface. Her brother used to act the same with her. 

Pushing the thoughts away, hearing that the child had hurt herself before. It would happen a few times before she reached the age of eighteen, but she couldn’t tell her that. Her eyes suddenly looked back at the man, she didn’t realise he was an elf, he had reminded her of a vampire with how he killed the men. Keeping quiet, she listen to the both of them. A brother who cared for his sister, and a sister who loved the attention. 

The question came at her from the child made her lean down to her height. “No. He isn’t telling the truth. My little sister wears a dress every time she travels. Just wear some boots and a cloak. Then you're ready to be an adventurer!” She said in a reassuring voice. “Don’t listen to your brother. He doesn’t know what he is talking about. Always talk to a woman if you need fashion advice.” She said with a wink and straighten up. 

“Now. It’s time for me to take my leave. I need to get out of this forest.” She said with a nod and started to walk again. She needed to also get away from the memories of that place. She didn’t want to cry in front of strangers. “I can’t just leave them…. Ugh.” The man had just saved her life, and she didn’t know where she was going. Stopping, she turned around. “Mind helping me? I don’t know the way out of these woods.” She started to twirl a strand of her long black hair around her finger. It wasn't easy asking for help for her.

Thyme

Character Info
Sapphire took a large look at Eden and nodded at her every word. “Thyme you are so mean.” Then she thought for a moment. “When Mama goes out what does she wear?”

Thyme let out a sigh and shook his head. “She is not the rule you should be following. I’ve seen our mother walk naked out onto the battle field after getting hit with fire and it burnt her clothes. Our mother has extreme healing capabilities on levels we’ll never get to know. It’s just better to go with what our friend here says.”

He patted Sapphire’s head and frowned when Eden left them. “Can’t win them all can we Sapphire?” Sapphire shook her head and innocently watched as Eden came back. Thyme gave a smile. “We sure can, but first we have to make a detour and send Sapphire home. If Ma catches her missing, she’ll have a cow… and it is never good when she has a cow.”

Sapphire laughed and gently took Eden’s hand in hers. A smile was on her petite lips as she stood in between Thyme and Eden holding both their hands. “Our Mama is really strong and pretty.”

Shaking his head he laughed. “Our Ma would kill us if we told everyone who she was. Try to keep a secret.” He winked at Eden and sighed. “Not everyone will always believe us Sapphire. There are those who think we are out to get something by saying what our lineage is. The truth is that our mother is the Goddess of Fertility. If you don’t believe me we could take an even bigger detour and take you to our home.”

Sapphire gave another smile. “We could have tea in the library! Iva never goes there so she wouldn’t be able to ruin it.” Thyme gently bopped her on her head.

“Be nice to the our little sister, she doesn’t know any better. She just wants friends that’s all. When we were growing up most of us had clergy children to play with. Iva was born at an odd time where none are her age. We have to respect that and realize why she always annoys people. People show their loneliness in many different ways.”

EdenSilverstein

Character Info
Class:
Hearing the girl call her brother mean made a giggle leave Eden’s lips. Her eyes went to the man waiting for his response. “Who is their mother? What is she like?” She thought to herself as she listened to them.  Her eyes widened at the word naked. “How could someone walk around naked?” Her mind couldn’t get around it, she didn’t even like being naked. She had to bathe at an inn with four walls around her. When she bathed in the forest, Eden felt as if there was eyes on her. Mentally sighing, she pushed the thoughts away. Maybe there mother loved her body and didn’t mind eyes on her.

Voicing she was leaving, she ended up returning, and wondering if they would help her. Thyme was more than willing, only if they stopped to drop off the girl. Suddenly, Sapphire’s little hand held her’s. The touch reminded her of her little sister. The way she used to always hold her hand when they traveled, it never mattered how old she was. A smile lined her lips as she looked down at the girl. She wasn’t too short, but the wolf still needed to tilt her head. “My mother is strong and pretty too.” She said with a smile as she thought about her mother. Her heart began to ache. “I miss you…” She thought to herself as her eyes moved over to Thyme.

Thyme spoke of his mother, he had said that she was a goddess. Goddess of Fertility,” she repeated with awe, but looking at the two, she didn’t think they were related. People have lied to her in the past and she almost laughed at his words. He did mention he would show her.

Sapphire automatically started to speak, excited about seeing her mother or was it just home. “How many children does this woman have?” Eden thought her eyes wondering as she looked at the two then thinking of the Goddess. It was known she had many children, could they be her children? Her mind wondered but somehow she didn’t believe them.

Taking a glance at the child then to Thyme, she smiled. “Let’s go meet this Mother of yours? Cause I have a hard time believing it is the Goddess you speak of.” She said to them, mostly towards Thyme, her eyes looking into his beautiful green eyes. "Since we will be traveling partners, My name is Eden Silverstein." She said finally giving them her name.

Thyme

Character Info
Sapphire seemed pleased with learning that Eden thought her mother was pretty too. Though she was more excited by the prospect of taking Eden home with them. “Brother! Are we really going to take Eden home with us?”

Thyme sighed a bit and nodded. “I did say if she wanted we would take her. We don’t break our word Sapphire, if we did we would tarnish our mother’s status.” That much was for sure and the children did their best to help her.

“Well Eden, like we said I am Thyme Rose and this is Sapphire Rose,” Thyme voice was filled with joy as he helped Sapphire skip by pulling up her arm whenever the girl would skip. It made Sapphire laugh.  “There should be a Rose arch here somewhere.” Sure enough, as if on cue he found a marble arch with roses wrapped around it. To the naked eye it appeared to go no where as they moved.

“Mama! We’re home and we want to come to the bridge, can we? We have a friend.” Sapphire yelled into it as she took off leaving Eden and Thyme behind. Taking a sigh and then laughing Thyme tilted his head. Sapphire was gone as soon as she stepped through.

“Looks like we’re behind.” Thyme waited for Eden to be comfortable before they stepped through. Angela had heard them. They stood on the other side of the massive mahogany bridge. The sun beat down on them but the sounds of the gorge were all around them. Priestesses made their way and back and forth from the temple. The tree temple was large on the other side.

The clergy greeted Thyme and some of the women giggled around him. He paid them no mind as he made sure Eden was alright. “Are you fine? Sometimes the magic here makes people sick.” He showed concern before heading across the bridge. “I’ve often thought about how far the fall is down into the gorge.” He took a peak over the edge and chuckled.

Sapphire was already opening the door on the other side and gone. “THYMEEEEEEEE,” Thyme winced as an even smaller children appeared out of no where. She was covered from head to toe in mud. Not making it to Thyme, Iva ended up clinging to Eden. “Don’t let them get me Thyme they are going to clean me.” The littlest Rosenite screamed with tears as clergy tried to pry her off of Eden. She had bright red curls and sun-kissed skin. “Thyyymeeee,” the crying continued as the clergy gave up and looked to the prince for help.

“Iva,” Thyme had a stern voice, “remove yourself from our guest if you would so kindly.” Iva looked at how close the clergy were and shook her head. “Iva,” Thyme got closer and opened his arms. She immediately bounced off of Eden like a pyrotechnic and clung. “Why won’t you get clean?” 

“Clean is bad! Mud is life!” Thyme took time to clear the little girl’s face. 

“Well, you’ll have to forgive me for this Iva.” He handed her off and she was trying to cling to him much like a cat. “Can you try not to let her rampage all over the temple? I will let mother know she is being bad again.” Iva eeped and was clinging to the clergy now.

“No soap in the eyes please.” Iva said up to the clergy, they nodded to her. “And… new clothes?” The clergy once again nodded. They hauled her off and Thyme sighed.

“I am very sorry about that. I swear she is part mud golem.” He gave Eden a smile. "She doesn't have many friends here so she gets in trouble."

EdenSilverstein

Character Info
Class:
The smile that lined Eden’s lips almost felt permanent. She hadn’t smiled this much in so long. The child before her reminded her so much of her little sister. She liked being around these two.  Hearing Thyme speak made her attention turn back to him. She still wasn't sure about who their mother was, maybe they were just over exaggerating? With a mental sigh, the wolf pushed her thoughts away, it wasn’t the time to think bad of them. They were helping her out of this forest. One she didn’t want to be in another minute. 

“Rose arch?” Eden repeated after Thyme. “How will that help?” Eden asked, but her question was answered when the child yelled. It was a doorway. She had seen only one other doorway in her lifetime and this one went to their home, apparently. Watching the child step through the archway, Eden slowly walked up to it, she had never went through a portal such as this, and it amazed her. Bringing up her hand, she touched the archway for a moment. Her eyes looked at Thyme before she stepped onto through. Her skin was instantly warmed by the glowing sun and her eyes couldn’t stop looking at everything around them. She was amazed. 

Looking at Thyme, she watched as the women seem to flock towards him. His eyes didn’t pay them any attention, they were on her. He asked if she was alright, and for a moment she forgot about the filling in her stomach. His eyes were beautiful and on her. Soon after she nodded, yes, her stomach swirled inside her. Her hands gripped her stomach as she leaned forward. She was happy he wasn’t looking at her in that moment. Taking a deep breath, she stood up straight. Another breath, and another. The feeling in her stomach finally went away after a few deep breaths. 

As soon as the wolf’s stomach was settled, the sudden feel of arms around her made her jump slightly. Her eyes looked down at the child hugging her. Mud covered her, and now was all on the wolf’s cloak. But a small laugh left Eden’s lips. The child before her was so adorable. “Hello Sweetheart…” Eden giggled out.  The clergymen started to try pull the child off of her. But their efforts were not awarded. The child stayed clutching to Eden. “It is alright.” Eden said as she patted the girl’s head. Her eyes going to Thyme as he spoke. 

While opening his arms, the child finally released her. Her smile grew bigger as she watched the child cling to him. “How cute…” Eden thought to herself while she undid the bow on her cloak. She watched the scene before her as she let the cloak drop from her shoulders and let it hang from her forearm. With her cloak now off, her pale skin seemed to pop against the pale quarter sleeve gray shirt that clung to her body. A v neck with a small string that tied in the middle. Her black pants also clung to her slim body and was high waisted, just like her mother’s. Three silver buttons with wolf heads engraved on them. Her pants were tucked into black leather knee high boots. She was lucky that the cloak covered her cloths, the mud had missed them.

Thyme had turned to speak to her as the child soon left them, Eden’s free had lifted up to wave goodbye to the child. A smile curved on her lips as her eyes looked into his. “It is quite alright. She is adorable.” She said to him, stopping herself before she could say what she was thinking. “She would of got along with my little sister…. Damnit Kiyomi.” She thought to herself, thinking of her sister that was taken. 

“So before we meet your mother…” Eden paused as her eyes looked around the area. “Can you show me around? This place is amazing. If you don't have anything else to do.” A smiled to Thyme. Seeing all the clergymen and ladies, she started to believe who his mother was. “By the way. How many sisters do you have? Are they all as cute as the two I have met?” She was ready to walk when he was. Hopefully he wanted to give her a tour. 

Thyme

Character Info
Iva took a moment from the panic of the situation. “Hi, your pretty.” Before trying to continue to fight the clergy members around her. While arguing with Iva, Thyme looked over at Eden and admired her. Though it was apparent that he had to pay attention to Iva even more. 

There was a look of betrayal on the young one’s face towards Thyme as she was hauled off.  “An adorable pain in the ass.” Thyme laughed a bit and smiled. “She is one of our many pride and joys around the temple.”

Thyme tilted his head and laughed. “Alright, well. I can show you the gardens and the main temple but the rest of the trials can wait. I don’t feel like going on a walk that far. We could be out there for days depending on how my mother feels.” Thyme chuckled a bit. “I have plenty of sisters. As the goddess of fertility she has over 100 children. Most of them are girls. There have been six or more boys. The most recent is named Rohan. He was just born… You will adore him. He is quite the ladies man.” Thyme chuckled a bit.

He took her arm into hers and smiled. “Sapphire and Iva are two of the youngest. The rest are all older like Holly who was sixteen. She was effected by timedeath though. You will probably run into them in the temple. There are plenty in Holly’s age range… Belle, Fern, Calanthe, Ash, just to name a few.”

Thyme took her into his mother’s side garden. It was one of the most elegant places in all of the temple. There were flowers everywhere. Vines of all kinds that swooped down from gazebos.  “These are her side gardens.” He smiled at Eden.