Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > If the trees could speak
Helanaii

Character Info
Name: Helanaii
Alignment: LN
Race: Human/Dragon
Class: Guardian
Silver: 215
(Holy cow you're the best. T-T I can never find anyone to discuss such topics. My friends are… too girly.)

While Helanaii placed her steps, she created soft foot-falls in the debris. An elegant being, clad in shredded and humble clothes. She pursed her lips while continuing in thought, attempting to place her terms into something the skinchanger following behind her could understand much more easily.

"Well, it is a long history I suppose. Mother said that many centuries ago, our kind were smaller than we are today. About the size of the common horse. Maybe a little larger for males. Short, stocky bodies on chubby little legs. They were, ugly, to say the least. Their bodies were so dense, they could barely glide. So, obviously they were easy to catch. The old, originals of my kind lived only in the uppermost mountains in the Northern regions, the Highlands. The humans there used my kind to pull carts in their kingdoms and villages. They acted more like horses than dragons. Absolutely nothing Royal about them. They got along well with the humans, and as time passed, the Humans began to notice the undying loyalty of such beasts. More so than dogs,"

Helanaii swung the rotting oaken door aside to reveal a secretive, beautifully furnished building. It was immaculate, an old golden chandelier hung from the ceiling and lit the large open area with rows of glowing candles. The wood seemed brand new, even a bar leaned itself against one of the backs, like a typical inn. It was well-stocked. A long staircase with a carved banister led to the upstairs in which contained rooming, and even a bath. 
She continued on with her story, and stepped aside to allow the taller figure to pass through first.

"so they decided to try and domesticate them further. Kind of like how they bred wolves and wild dogs to get their domesticated cousin you see more often today. They picked the qualities they liked the best, and after a few generations came a larger line of dragons. As the King grew old, he changed the name of my kind to Guardians. The quality breeding continued, even as the villages and kingdoms declined. Eventually, some genius created the ultimately desired beasts, we call those the Newer Breeds. That's what I am. Or partially anyways. Granted, the whole four wing thing is extremely rare. I'm sort of a mix, 1/4 original breed and 3/4 newer. Mother had raised too many children under the hand of a heavy village leader, so she escaped. Hence, why I'm even here. … Ohyes. And my name is Helanaii."

She closed the door tightly behind them.

"Well… now after that extremely long, boring discourse; what about you and your own kind?"

The espresso haired woman approached the bar-like counter and pulled out sparkling fluids for refreshments, though her attention was still obviously displayed towards the skinchanger.
Aspect

Character Info
Name: Aspectia Gaunt
Alignment: CG
Race: Shapeshifter
Class:
Silver: 4614
(A common problem for me as well.)

Aspect followed the dragoness inside the building, ducking her head slightly to avoid hitting the door frame. She listened intently as the dragon explained about the history of race. The bond with the humans and the level of loyalty she spoke of was alien to the shapeshifter. The shapeshifters had never had any close alliances with anyone but themselves, and even then, those ties were compromising and flexible. The breeding that must have gone into the dragon breed was astounding and their transformation over time was even more so.

She stepped into a large room, with flawless furniture and decoration. She stared upward, intrigued with the shimmering chandelier on the ceiling that cast flecks of light around the room. She dropped her gaze to the counter and eyed the line of various bottles that were stacked neatly on the shelves behind the bar. Near the edge of the bar was a very fancy banister and stairwell that led to an upper floor. The place was a very well created mirage from the outside.

She still continued to listen to the dragon and she stated that her name was Helanaii. A unique name, but exotic in its own right. She walked over and sat on of the stools at the bar. "My name is Aspect," she said, taking one of the shot glasses and twirling it in her fingers. "I am from a line of true shapeshifters and am able to turn into any mortal, native beast of the Earth. As you've seen, I am able to overcome an extinction of a species and am able to shift into that form as well. I can not change into any future species, only ones that exist or existed naturally, without any magical means. That is how we differ from normal shapeshifters, like your sort, creatures that can change into a limited number of forms. We are only limited by the natural world."

"My parents were also both true shifters. Generally, my kind do not interact or depend heavily on other species. We are considered inconsistent and generally untrustworthy, due to our constantly changing nature. A few rare varieties of our sort will also change their personality with each form. I stay relatively consistent with each shift, only losing control when I'm heavily intoxicated or something of the sort. I don't know really where my race is from, or even how it was created, I just know that we are generally heavily misjudged and disliked by most other creatures, human, elf, or animal alike. We don't really have a home or native land. We mostly wander and change places a lot, like many other aspects of ourselves." She cast a sideways smirk at the dragon, before reaching for a whiskey bottle.

I use Action & Intention Roleplay Formatting

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Helanaii

Character Info
Name: Helanaii
Alignment: LN
Race: Human/Dragon
Class: Guardian
Silver: 215
(I'll make a thread in General Discussion for this topic later then, one of my friends are one this site and they love to talk about dinosaurs and things as well c:)

Helanaii noticed her reaching for one of the bottles of whiskey, and she quietly pulled it away. She moved behind the counter and ducked down behind the counter for a split second to remove a much more expensive, stronger alcohol. Similar to what the shifter was reaching for, but a little more on the line of liquid gold. 
   She poured the drink out for her and handed it to the taller woman, then pressed her elbows against the counter top while she listened intently. 

"So, you're saying I should probably want to keep the whiskey on the lighter side for you…" Her throat cleared before continuing. "Well, Aspect, it is a true pleasure to meet you. You are more than welcome to stay for the night if you need a place to crash. As long as you don't break anything, we should be fine."

Helan turned to the counter and retrieved a drink for herself, though her drink was a sweet red wine, one of her favorites.
"You know, dragons are extremely possessive. I'm fine with sharing, as long as what I'm sharing doesn't get damaged. I suppose we both have our flaws. But, who's perfect?" 

She twirled out from behind the counter, now standing in front of a pair of swinging doors that led to a dark, unseen room that expanded beneath the banister and behind the liquor shelves.

"I believe my species are great cooks as well as hostess's, would you like something to eat?" Her espresso darkened hair tilted along with her head while she peered at Aspect. She hunted very often, and stored her meats in a cooling room below the kitchen area. It had taken her quite a long time to restore this building back to its former glory, and then some. She took pride in her home, though this was just one of many. Her main homeland rested in the crevice of a mountain. 
Aspect

Character Info
Name: Aspectia Gaunt
Alignment: CG
Race: Shapeshifter
Class:
Silver: 4614
Aspect froze as she watched the dragoness reach over and snatch the bottle of the counter top. She dropped her hand heavily on the table and cast a momentary glare in direction before she realized the she was bringing forth a better drink. She nodded a polite thank you to her as she handed her a glass of the stronger liquid. She tipped it into her mouth and drank the small shot glass in one swallow. The liquor burned and tingled in her mouth, the flavor better than most she'd ever had. She felt it snake down her throat like a warm snake and settle in her belly.

She gave a sideways smirk at Helanaii and set the glass down gently. She would have liked more, but she'd prefer to keep her head for the time being. She didn't really have any desire to anger her in her own den. "It's very nice to meet you too," she replied. "I have no intention of breaking or stealing any of your belongings. Normally, I wouldn't be so careful about it, but these are unusual circumstances for me, and I don't want to irritate my host, especially not after showing me so much hospitality."

She watched the dragon take a glass of wine for herself and walk around the bar. She glanced at the elegantly carved doors behind her and was unable to see inside the large room. She asked if she would like to eat and Aspect smiled. "Yes please," she said quietly. "It's been awhile since I've had something cooked off the hoof." She looked up at the woman's eyes, her dragon heritage betrayed in the way they sparkled like polished gems. 

I use Action & Intention Roleplay Formatting

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |