Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > If the trees could speak
Helanaii

Character Info
Name: Helanaii
Alignment: LN
Race: Human/Dragon
Class: Guardian
Silver: 215
Something buzzed through the air, disturbing the canopy of a great oak and created an uprising within a larger flock of birds which then scattered in all directions. The sound of their warning calls shrieked out through the thick leaved that clumped together to block out most of the sun's dying rays.

From on the littered floor spooked a deer with its fawn, both taking off with their tails fluffed and in the air to wave as a warning flag. Their nimble bodies and hooved feet easily made way over smaller logs until the grassier ground disappeared. The pair paused momentarily on a worn-down dirt road that seemed to be heavily traveled by larger carriages and company. 

It wasn't long before again the deer felt uncomfortable standing there. Immediately the mother perked her ears to tune in to the sound of another presence, flipping them around like a satellite dish. Again the two lifted their tails and bolted into the foliage, then darted down a beaten trail that led shortly off the road between the trees.

~~~

Helanaii was partially sprawled out atop a roof of an older, almost abandoned, cabin. It was slightly larger of size with a short clearing around it which may of have been used as an inn long ago for travelers to rest at. Occasionally such travelers would still find this a refuge from the beasts that lurk within the night.

Today it's purpose had served a single creature in a nice place to rest and lazily watch the wildlife. 

She had been resting on her side, drawing pictures by carving into the wooden shingles but now the sound of clicking hooves every now and then from bits of the slowly vanishing road caught her attention. 

Quietly Helan pushed herself up to sit cross-legged and watched as a few deer darted around the building.

What could of have spooked them?

She strained her perceptions forwards to listen further.
Aspect

Character Info
Name: Aspectia Gaunt
Alignment: CG
Race: Shapeshifter
Class:
Silver: 4614
Aspect was in no rush, she didn't have anything going on, except enjoying the view of course. She walked slowly down the road, her boots kicking up a small cloud of dust around her ankles. She went slowly, her hands tucked into the pockets of her jacket as she looked around her. The trees were thick and lush with the summer's sun and water. She smiled, she always loved watching everything come back to life after a long cold winter. She looked up at the sun and allowed it to warm her.

It felt very nice to be out of the city. So much quieter and not nearly as many people. She was easily able to avoid the few people she did see on this road. She could hear them from a ways away and have adequate time to get out of their sight. She spotted a small clump of plants by the side of the road and bent down next to it. She picked up a spring of mint and put it in her mouth. She chewed it thoughtfully as she walked along. 

After a short while, she stopped and caught the scent of animals in the brush near the road. She glanced around her before shrugging her shoulders and slipping into the form of a small fox. She scampered quickly off the trail and walked silently over the leaves as she sought out the scent. She trotted over to a small log and leaped over it. She looked up and caught sight of a pair of deer looking at her. She froze, her ears perked forward and her tail held still.

She saw them flick their ears forward and snort loudly. She watched them flick their tails and take a few steps forward. Within moments, the pair had picked up speed and were galloping off into the brush. She bent forward and felt her body elongate and her legs lengthen as she ran after them. The red tinted doe ran with the pair for a short while before they burst into a clearing and separated into different directions. She huffed, slightly disappointed and shook her head. Slowly, she turned and walked towards the edge of the clearing.

I use Action & Intention Roleplay Formatting

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Helanaii

Character Info
((Sorry! I just came home from vacation!))

Being the lithe beast she was, the young woman raised her relaxed body to stand upon the roof of the three storied inn as the deer came into view. It explained where the hoof sound had come from. She watched intently as two scattered off in a different direction, but the remaining one had slowed and seemed a bit drawn to the clearing. Perhaps they had been running from the Doe? It did appear a little different.

Interest perked inside of her, and now she began to silently edge her way to the end of the rotting rooftop. Helanaii waited patiently until the doe drew closer. She slowed her breaths and crouched low, quieting her heartbeat and thus silencing her existence. Sometimes boredom could usually lead to unpredictable behaviors from the woman; she wasn't interested in hunting at the time. Being a dragon wasn't always a serious task. Occasionally she enjoyed spooking unsuspecting animals. She really enjoyed startling them and watching them scamper away, or stand there not knowing what to do next. It proved that each animal had a different personality by how they react.

The muscles in her limber body tightened and waited in her feline pose, they anticipated her every move. The dark haired woman waited until the doe turned her back towards the corner of the roof before shifting her weight forwards.

Within a split fraction of a second, she dove like an Olympic diver and fell past the first floor. Two sets of wings unfolded from beneath her shoulder blades and shot out at the last second to catch the woman from the fall, by now the noise probably would of froze animals as it was still too quick for any immediate reaction.

She landed effortlessly in front of the pretty animal and spread her wings apart like a bird of prey, her feet had transformed into something reptilian with dangerous sickle claws on two toes which had aided in the softer landing.
With a child-like manner the woman called out to the animal, her hands apart and held slightly higher.

"BOO!"
Aspect

Character Info
Class:
Aspect walked slowly through the field and back towards the woods. Her small, sturdy hooves made no sound as she stepped lightly over the tall grasses. She flicked her tail and caught the scent of a few mice scurrying across the ground in front of her. She perked her ears forward curiously as she listened to their loud chatter. She smirked and stopped for a moment when she caught sight of them. It was a few young ones wrestling in the dead leaves. There mother was likely close by and Aspect was careful not to get too close, she didn't want to scare them off.

She stood still and let them carry out their banter without interference. She heard a muffled rustle and cautiously flicked an ear back. The mice in front of her stopped in their play and froze. They cast their eyes upward and stared past her towards the sky. With a loud rustling the pair took off towards a dead tree lying on its side. All she saw was their tails for the briefest of moments before they disappeared into the depths of the log.

Her eyes widened as she heard the rustling again, louder this time. It sounded like thin cloth flapping in the breeze, or wet clothing, or wings…She jumped upright and urged the transformation on. American Lion. Her deer body lengthened and she felt her weight increase dramatically. Her skin stretched as the muscles underneath grew. Her fur grew and thickened, faint stripes rippled across her body. Her neck and shoulders broadened and her height increased. Her limbs became sturdy and wide, her fine hooves were now massive, clawed paws. Her stub of a tail changed and stretched. It's girth was comparable to a heavy rope.

She flipped her head up rapidly towards the clouds, catching sight of a large, green and tan creature descending. She opened her mouth, revealing giant white fangs. Her body was as large as a horse, and her teeth were proportionally sized. She flicked her ears back and glared up at the creature. Her hackles rippled along her spine, making a stiff ridge of fur. She watched the woman come closer and rolled out of the way when she landed. She jumped upright as soon as she was out of range and roared. Her loud call echoed deafeningly through the trees.

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Helanaii

Character Info
Slyly seeing how the creature took form, Helanaii took a step back when the debris calmed from her landing. She neatly tucked her four wings behind her, and her height grew slightly while she began to circle the feline. Thinner human feet seemed to melt and mold into large green reptilian hinds, weaponed with two enormous sickle claws that ticked against the ground with each step she took. Her movements were graceful, almost carefree. 

"Ahhh~" Her voice smoothly flowed out, "a sskin changer. How quaint."

The soft, dark hair bounced around her face while she stepped, the added joint in her legs left her with a bouncier walk.

"What is a sweet, submissive species of your sort doing out in this rough of the woods?" Helan's green eyes finally took themselves off of the massive lion, showing her complete and utter lack of fear.

The longer wings dragged on the debris every now and again. If it was a fight the mammal sought, it would be a quick one. If it decided to turn and run, it would be a short chase. It would be better off not attempting anything tricky.

Aspect

Character Info
Class:
Aspect closed her mouth and growled at the dragon when she landed. She watched her fold her wings and begin to circle her. She flicked her lip up slightly as she stared at the sharp curved beak. She paid no attention to the sounds of her claws hitting the earth, they were only dulling themselves. She heard her hiss through her teeth. She mocked her and her race and she felt her hackles flare up along her back.

Spinosaurus.  She reared upward onto her hind legs and felt her spine snap into a different alignment. The vertebrae extended upwards, connected by a thick sail of skin. Her fur was reabsorbed into dense gray scales with a tinge of red. Her limbs stretched and shifted, her arms becoming slightly shorter than her muscular legs. Her neck became lean and her long skull narrowed. She grinned at her through her snaggly teeth and jagged jawline. 

She took a quick step forward as she adjusted to her new bulk and size. She flexed her large clawed hands and snapped her jaws. She hissed, long and low from the depths of her chest. "I could ask you the same thing," she said glaring at her. She looked the dragon in the eye, showing no fear or intimidation. "I don't have any desire to spar with you. But if it is a fight you are looking for, you will be up against one of the most adaptable creatures in the universe." 

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Helanaii

Character Info
(Helan was a human, she was never a dragon. .-. )
(…. not the jurassic park spino. JP is so Inaccurate with their dinosaurs it's a laughing stock. I'm sorry, I've studied these beasts for 17 years, so I am very uptight and critical for anything dinosaur related. Time for an educational lesson. C: ) 

Helanaii only partially cocked an eyebrow as the skinchanger took form of a mistake. With a sigh, she only returned the favor, but in her true, battle-bred form. Her change was almost unnatural it was so quick, obviously she wanted to get this over with.

Thick pine green hide stretched over an enormous mass of a frame, her body was longer than the spinosaurus by a good ten feet, enormous dark espresso plates armored her spine. Spiked derma thorns connected deep within her tissue and sprouted across the entire length of her torso acting as a natural barrier to stop any mouths trying to get to her skin. Her skull was a beauty, the bone plating itself was ridiculous, similarily built to a mountain ram. Enormous black curving battering horns looped down past her strong, crushing jaw. Tipped at the end of her longer snout was a bone-crushing beak. Her arms muscular, but her hinds doubled the length of her front fores. Four enormous wings with large talon-jointed hands folded above and to the side of her body. Overall, she looked immense. Of course the female stood shorter than her opponent, but only by a short stretch, and she was on all fours. Her longer, thickly muscled hind appendages could only mean that yes, Helanaii could also become bipedal and stand on two legs. She appeared to have a ton of mass in her chest which would of have made things uneven, but the length and thickness of her tail would evenly distributed the weight contained in her body. Her bones were not fragile and hollow, like a number of larger bones found within dinosaurs, but they were thick and cement solid. Meaning her muscle mass had to be doubled, if not tripled, and like the strongest of metals to carry her body around. 

She gave the skinchanger the benefit of the doubt, and stayed grounded on all fours. Infact, Helanaii even took a number of steps back and actually reclined herself, choosing to sit atop a larger brush pile. Lions would immitate such a lazy posture to prove to those standing against them that they did not fear their opponents. It was usually directed towards Heyenas, the Lions were showing the lesser canines that they had the power to kill, but chose not to do so.

"That is exactly what irritates me of you changers. You can take all of these forms, so naturally you choose the 'biggest.' Keep in mind however, the biggest, are not always the baddest. Like me for example, I'm among the shortest of dragons, a chihuahua mind you. But I can take on fire breathers twice, and then some beyond my size."

She shook her massive neck before continuing on.

"You do realize that your teeth are conical. They are for catching fish and holding onto their slippery prey, not for slicing flesh. The long, narrow snout? That does not deliver the bone-crushing blow you think it does. You can probably feel the breeze right now even though I can't, your snout is sensitive to fish passing it in the water. In fact, you can go ahead and bite me if you don't believe me. If you can stomach the needle pain of my spikes in the upper roof of your mouth, you will find yourself barely able to penetrate my rough hide. Sure you could do damage with your arms, but that is about as far as it goes. That enormous sail on your spine? That's connected to your vertebrates. You even slip up once, and fall onto your side, your good as dead. Those big bones in the sail help regulate temperature just fine, even attracting a mate, but the long narrow bone is your actual spine, break it and…. fatal. Sweety, I will most certainly not spar you. Your chance of death is very high in that form. I have been around for quite some time to know that, just by looking you over. You were better off as a lion. Take this as a learning experience. I'm not mocking you, only lending the wisdom of a dragon. If I were human. I'd be terrified. But I am not." 

A large exhale of oxygen bellowed out of her nostrils.

"Anywho, that old rackity Inn behind you is why I am here. It's currently where I am staying. Please don't back into it. May I offer a truce and perhaps fine wine instead of bloodshed?"
Aspect

Character Info
Class:
(My apologies, it was hard for me to tell in the previous post.)
(I am very aware of the inaccuracies in Jurassic Park and the actual knowledge behind Spinosaurus. I was going mainly for shock value as occasionally I enjoy drawing certain scenes from role play.)

Aspect glanced at her and a smile flickered across her face. "Very true," she replied. "I take this form while knowing all of its faults. And yes sometimes, we take larger forms when a more average size would be better suited for a circumstance. You would certainly best me in my present condition, and I agree with your preference for a more feline appearance." She changed back into a large cat. "However, your spines and jaws, and crooked claws would still likely win. You are a very well created creature, though from what land I have never heard. You a strong and powerful for your size, strong enough to take on others of a much vaster build."

"Naturally, a form does not occur like that in nature, or even something vaguely similar or so absolute. So I would have no chance fighting you in any of my forms." Rat. She folded into herself and scrunched herself into a small ball of fur. She stood in front of the dragon in her rodent form. "I surrender to you, mighty dragon. Eat me as prize for your victory. Help wipe my wretched race from this earth so that your kind might dominate in its place." She curled up and closed her eyes. "Please be fast."

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Helanaii

Character Info
(It's fine, I probably wasn't clear enough ^^')
(Phew, good! XD I have a set of spinosaurus teeth evem, when people ask me what that is I'm like, T-T "That thing from jurassic park. That killed the trex." "…OHHH COOL! Why aren't they white if they're teeth? How did you get its teeth. It was fake?" I almost cry. Not too many people know much about them. You give me hope. XD. )

Helanaii watched the beast change form, tilting her skull to the side while she did such. The large body also melted as well, and where the giant stood, now replaced by an average looking woman. No wings; claws, teeth, or tail. She croutched in front of the rat, and released a small giggle.

"Well, for starters we were selectively bred and domesticated for centuries. Oddly though, mother says we're practically extinct now!"

She flopped down next to the rodent and brushed the hair from her face before continuing.

"Hehe, I'm not going to eat you! I don't think your kind is wretched one bit. I admire you skinchangers, did you know that? I love all the forms that are taken, without effort even. And it's been quite some time since I've bumped into one of your kind anyways."

She rose to her feet after that short course and lifted her eyes up to the rotten wood before dropping them to the small furry creature again.  Now she stood, and then brushed the pine needles from her tattered dress. An invitation was not something she did often, especially in her own hidden away caches. Especially for a stranger, but she saw good even within the beady eyes, and decided to open up a bit.

"You must have a human form in there somewhere? Come in, drink and eat, and tell me of your travels. Along with your name, dear."

Helanaii took a few strides to the door of the seemingly rotting building, and beckoned the way with a sweep of her arms.
Aspect

Character Info
Class:
(If you would ever like to have a dinosaur/extinct animal discussion, let me know. I always enjoy learning new things.)

Aspect watched as the dragon changed back into her human form, causing her draconic features to disappear. She laughed at her and the rat flicked her tail back and forth. She was rather annoyed and disappointed with this change of events. Yes, the dragon could best her in almost any of her forms, but if she had managed to get into her throat, or even just her mouth, she could have easily conquered the creature. Any of her forms could cause enough damage internally that would swiftly lead to the dragon's demise and then her escape out of her body cavity. Until next time…she thought to herself.

"You were bred?" She asked her. She realized she wasn't going to be eaten like she had originally planned and proceeded to change into a large cat. The jaguar rippled her muscles and glanced at her red tinted, spotted hide. She sat quietly while she watched the dragon. "You were domesticated? By humans? The kings and queens of the skies were tamed and controlled by mortals. I find that hard to believe." She curled her long tail around the base of her forelegs. 

She cocked an ear as she listened to her speak. Her voice was similar to that of a true human, but her sharp ears could pick up the faint roar that echoed from her throat. It was true, her kind had never been the sort that was well populated. Shape shifters were naturally few and far between. They were not trusted by a lot of species, human, elf, dwarf, or animal, due to their ability to turn into something else and potentially threatening.  Shape shifters, like the dragon before her, that could turn into one or two different forms were very common, prominent examples included were creatures and half breeds. However, true shape-shifters with the ability to turn into any creature with only earthly restrictions, like her kind, were rare.

The dragon mentioned her human form and Aspect studied her. She didn't believe that she was being tricked or deceived by the dragoness and she trusted in her abilities to shift faster than she could if she needed to escape. Slowly, she allowed herself to revert back to her human form. She stood up from her crouched position and brushed her long, dark red hair out of her face. She was taller than the dragoness and followed behind her as she led the way towards the structure. 

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |