Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > A Journey Home [P][R]
Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
Bianca mentioned their new mount and for a few moments, Dala was confused about what they meant. With a snap of their fingers, brilliant flame burst into being along with an obsidian steed with a fiery mane and tail. The young woman couldn't help but stare at the powerful steed that Bianca has somehow tamed to ride. Though, with that person's fire powers it wouldn't be as difficult. One of the unknown perks of fire magic, horse taming. She recognized the horse as a Nightmare from the legends she had come across while traveling. The village children were wide-eyed and surprised by the horse and very curious about it but the parents had a look of horror as though the horse would suddenly turn on them. Dala knew that they would have to get over it since she would not pick another guardian for them. Besides, the horse would be a good warning towards any common bandits.

The peaceful wheat farms and endless hills passed slowly as they continued to travel. After seeing the horse, their fire magic, and hearing their name, Dala knew there was no way this person was normal. They had to be the deity. What was the chance that there was a person with the same name, powers, and a magic demon horse and not the new deity? As they rode, Dala had a little smile on her face.

"Oh, I was fine. When I was a kid I had to figure out how to eat and warm myself on rainy or windy days." She stated, "It's hard to forget that…"

The expression on her face was difficult to pinpoint but it almost looked like some sort of serious contemplation. Just as quickly as it had passed, she had a confident smile on her face again. She took a peek at the villagers to see how they were doing. Two or three of the parents were fast asleep while a few of the kids and adults were beginning to talk with each other. Relieved by the fact they seemed to be a bit calmer, Dala turned back to their conversation.

"I feel pity for the new deity." Dala said, "I guarantee many of Revaliir will completely miss the point."

She used her free hand and put it up to her forehead in a mocking motion.

"Oh dear me! An evil deity had decided to put a curse on us! Poor and unfortunate us! I can't believe they did this to me!" The young woman finished her imitation and laughed.

Dala had traveled far and wide and yet people over the years had become a bit predictable in their reactions. They were so quick to relate everything back to being about themselves. Though, Dala herself knew she had done the same thing too. Perhaps it was one of the problems of being a person. It was hard to leave that narrative and think out of those terms.

"Or what's worse is some will consider it a challenge. I can see them now strutting up to the temple going all," Dala began mocking a stereotypical fighter voice  "Fight me with your fire magic! I shall show my honor and bring glory to my homeland. Look at my muscles! They bring honor!"

As she did her imitation, she used a free arm to mockingly flex like how she had seen many arrogant warriors do. She had seen many meatheads who dug themselves graves through their stupidity. As she did these imitations, she still kept a wary eye out for any attackers but she knew that a few villagers might be listening. A little teasing and joking around would lighten their own moods. And it was simply fun to keep up a lively conversation.