Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > The Lost and Wayward (P,R)
Eirik

Character Info
Name: Eirik
Alignment: TN
Race: Wolf Shifter
Class: Barbarian
Silver: 231
He hadn’t really questioned Aaryona as what she truly was until it came out. He was taken back slightly in learning that she had some racial traits belonging to the undead children of the night. The fact that she was out here in the wee hours of the morning suggested that she didn’t possess too much of her father’s traits though, and it made him a bit more at ease. Vampires were alluring creatures and something he was taught to watch with a keen eye, lest he be watching them suck out his blood. “Sometimes, force is the only way. It's a language that is understood by most, no matter who they are or where they come from. However, there is a limit towards that, and if left unchecked, you will get a far worse result than what you were hoping.” Eirik and his people were far from saints; they had pillaged and raided others, but to a point. There were no slaves taken and deaths were as few as possible. They needed not to be hunted down and drawn into a senseless war when they only did what was necessary for them to survive. What she had done though was necessary to justify her rule though.

“Death pales in comparison when one’s honor is at stake in my clan. Being killed is actually somewhat of a blessing; it is when one of us faces dishonor is when we are truly damned.” It was quite strange for his people that lived for combat, to understand those that needed to be threaten with death to gain their obedience. Then again, many customs that he had learned from one around here didn’t many too much sense. Hearing that she was related to a lycan, Eirik looked at her for a moment before stroking beneath his chin with a thumb. “You have…interesting relatives.” He suppose at this point there was reason why she hadn’t been surprised by his transformation after all. He was also taken back a bit by how a wolf had taken in a mate that wasn’t a wolf herself. But he had heard of stranger tales before and from what she spoke of, the couple were happy. “At least they are good mates for one another”, he returned. “Something that shouldn’t be taken for granted- Loyalty.”

Aaryona’s tale of her lost love stirred some remorse in the wolf. His eyes fell to the ground in deep thought. “Had you thought that he might have perished somewhere when the wait was starting agonize you?’ His mouth begun to dry up the more he thought about it. His own memories was still fresh in his mind; of what happened when he had disobeyed the command and the consequences that followed afterwards. Eirik had yet to come to terms with his folly and this was starting to bring up old wounds. He took to meat silently, listening to her plans should things don’t come into fruition like she wanted. [

b]“Perhaps. Then again, if men truly desire you in such a way, age will not stop them. They’d probably prefer a woman over a girl.” Another weird custom that she spoke of made no sense to him. Aaryona was a pretty little woman, and he had a hard time believing that she was go on long without an offer. When the conversation shifted to him, he could feel the wounds opening even more. Throwing some more wood into the blaze, he sat straight up and stared into the flames with hard eyes as he begun. “I was cast out from them many moons ago. It was because I failed to follow my command and ended up having many of people killed. One of which was the woman I was bethroned to. I was careless and paid for it. The leader, my own father, had no choice but to exile me from the rest of the pack. That is why I am here, to put as much distance from myself to the others as possible as to not stain them any further with my dishonor.” With a great sigh, he bit and tore at the meat, allowing for some time to pass before he started to ease himself. “From the time you are born into our clan, you are prepared at an earlier age for the shifting. When the time arrives, the first change is the most painful. I believe I was coming to my fourth summer when that came to be. It took some time, but I was successful. Afterwards, it just got easier and easier until the pain was gone completely. Once that occurs, the children are taught to survive on their own, to hunt and protect themselves against the elements and other predators, including man. When they are coming of age, they are to go out until the next full moon into the wild to see if they can survive. Those that do are considered worthy of hunting along with the pack and are considered mature wolves. Sometime later, they are pick the one that is destined to become their mate and within years later, they are linked together, bound by an unbreakable tie that only death can separate. Mates as seen as equals, rather than men ruling over women like much of these people look at it. ” In his case, he had lost the one that had picked him, and now he was without a mate or pups of his own. “It’s hard to explain to one that can not shift naturally. It’s like a different side of you, one more in tune with nature. It feels like one’s true self and not a facade at all.”

If Aaryona had been a wolf, she likely would have been as fetching as she was in her current form. He wasn’t sure why that came to his mind just now, perhaps because he was getting comfortable around her. The fact that she had moved close to his side without paying much mind was proof of such. He leaned in to carve another piece of the deer when her question made him halt for a moment. Turning to face her, he blinked at the woman as he sought for an answer. “I had promised you that I would assist you until they were found. If they are not, that doesn’t void my word of helping you, I suppose.” 

Aaryona

Character Info
Name: Aaryona Rose-Draconis
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Clan Leader
Silver: 834
Those brown eyes took a deep long look into Eirik's. She understood what he meant but at the same time there was something terrifying her about death. Would she be like her father and not die until true death was brought onto her? What would be the end of her legacy? Would she have some little ones to even spread that legacy onto? Who knew now.

A laugh left her small lips as she nodded. "My aunts have odd tastes in men but they are all happy. My aunt and uncle have many pups. Six if you count the two my aunt had before she married Blaine. There is Jayden, the twins Keira and Ynarrah, and then Aurora. Blaine is terrified because their youngest Aurora acts just like my aunt Toya. Looks like her too. My aunt has the soul of a dragon and the temper of one too if you ask me. She always has." A chuckled left her lips and a smile came afterwards. "If the world ever fell apart those two would search for each other until they went mad. I'm sure that's what they are doing right now. They are loyal to each other and mates."

Turning her eyes away from her she let out a long sigh. "'Fraid not. He was a kitsune and they don't die easily only their bodies do.  He never came back and I heard my uncle telling someone that the man had gone out on a mission not too long after I had started to move on. Maybe he couldn't stand living with her in the darkness.   "The world is weird outside of Sularia I am afraid." Aaryona shook her head. "Even in the vampire world older mates are better because they are not stupid."

Brown orbs followed him as he told her about his exile and about the first shift. "Not too different from if we have to turn someone in the Rosenite world. It is very painful when it happens but that is because we can't force it on people like vampires can. Rosenites can only want to be one of us. The change is most painful from what I've heard. I was born this way which spared me." 

Thinking about it she chuckled. "I would love to feel that way. I remember asking my cousins about it when we were younger. They would always shift when we ran around the forest. They were so fast and agile. Cheaters if you ask me. We would play tag and they would be so good at it. Always so good at finding me where they could hide from me.  They were after to shift early on and I remember watching when their father was teaching them. Aurora when she was very young use to grab him by his ears and bite him." Laughing a bit she shook her head. "Her howls were adorable too because she would get upset that everyone was moving so much faster than she was."

The Rosenite hadn't let the sight of his halt go unnoticed but for now she let it pass.  "Thank you Eirik. Eventually I will go to my mother but for now I have to find my own path. This is what my father would want of me, I can feel it." A smile came to her face. "When I was learning how to lead the Draconis he would come into my room and sit on the edge of my bed. That might sound weird since I was a young woman by that time in my twenties but I was still a child to him. He told me the story of how one normally became leader of the Draconis and if someday they wanted me to do it he would ask me to leave." 

She stared into the fire and smiled. "They put one hundred men into an arena and forced them to fight. My father was just a farmer's son and no one really special." She looked over at Eirik. "My father was the last man standing and he fought not even knowing what for. Harkon, the leader of the Draconis at the time, turned him and made him prince of the Draconis. He could have whatever he wanted and whatever woman. It wasn't until he had been ten years into the vampire life when Lilith showed up. She was a slave girl that had been turned by a rogue Draconis. Harkon gave her mercy and made her my father's thrall. They fell in love and things were amazing for a time."

She ate a piece of meat. "That was about a thousand years before he met my mother. Anyways the clan ended up getting split up and Harkon ended up going mad with sun-sickness. Someone had stuck him in a hole that he couldn't escape and basically got sun bleached. Father killed him and took the mantle but he didn't want to lead and he asked Lilith to go with him. She told him no that the clan needed him. They had a fight and like all vampires they held a grudge against each other."

Letting another long sigh out Aaryona chuckled. "After he roamed for a long time he came across my mother who was busting her ass in a tavern as a maid. Mother had run away from home in our world and had thrown out her titles. Sometimes about her had entralled my father. He took her out of that life and they lived together before he found out what a Rosenite was and that my mother could get pregnant. Surprise that's how Nathaniel and I happened. Things were okay for a time but things fell apart eventually and Lilith showed back up. They forgave each other and vowed to be mates until True Death. Stubborn things vampires. It only took them thousand years to get over themselves." A smile came across her face.

"My mother gave me strength and pushed me to be the best I could be. Lilith, who was now my step mother, gave me the courage and will power to lead. She protected me when I was grieving and never faulted me for it. Father taught me how to use a sword and everything a warrior should know. Mother taught me how to use the courts. They both hate politics which oddly is why my father was more interested in passing it to me."

Resting her chin on her knees she smiled up to Eirik. "I am sorry you got exiled. I exiled many in my days as clan leader or you know made them turn to dust in the sun. I had to or else people questioned me and a bunch of blood thirsty young vampires questioning you is not something you necessarily want. I wish my damn light blade wasn't lost. It took me forever to forge my own damn weapon and I lost it going through that portal." She groaned.

"It was a sword of pure light. I may be the Shadow's Spawn but I use light and shadow magicks. At least I will be able to completely when my magicks get use to the mana here. It is somewhat different than DaeLuin's."

OOC: Brittlez! Main: Angela Rose
Eirik

Character Info
Death wasn’t something that was freely spoken about in the major society from what Eirik has seen and understood in his time outside of his clan. Many inhabitants didn’t even want to think about it, others would become deathly pale at the very thought of their demise. Their faith towards the gods would have some believe if they lived righteously, then they would be welcomed into whatever pleasant sanctuary would await for them in the life after death. For him, there was likely no peace awaiting on the other side, but his comprehension was narrow and insignificant. Only those that would rule over such a domain (if there was one) would likely know that answer. Still, he believed it was better to die honorably than as a coward, it was what his people was taught and something that held true in him. Finishing off the meat, he listened some more to the expanded family Aaryona spoke well over. It sounded to him that her aunt could have been mistaken for a wolf, especially over her and her husband’s loyalties to one another. Most didn’t, sadly, didn’t quite understand that simple word and its meaning.

“Society is strange, depending upon the region. This one in particular is such. Many that live in their cities and walls…I don’t think they would survive a few days in the wilderness.” To some, Eirik looked nothing more than a ruthless brute that couldn’t easily fit in with the pampered sort. Perhaps so, but he was a survivalist, able to adapt to his surroundings and work to keep himself fed and healthy. Them? A slight chuckle rumbled from him at the very thought; that was quite a different circumstance. He wasn’t coddled or secluded into just one spot like those of these regions. Out here, he felt free like the tribes that roamed in this part. He had witnessed them and saw nothing really different between them and himself, save for that they were completely human. “I don’t think it will be that difficult at all for you to find a loyal mate really.”

He tilted his head for a moment and thought about something. Despite her vampiric heritage (if one could call it that), she seemed independent of another’s blood. Furthermore, they lacked the need to bite and spread, so was it mainly a practice that was used seldomly? Eirik let the concern die down for the time being. Instead he sought to feed her curiosity on the matter of shifting. “It is like you are in a second skin, and yet it feels familiar still. We are natural shifters, unlike the beasts that most are familiar with. Werewolves as they like to call them. They lack the control and the opportunities to shift that we carry. Many confuse the two and think of them as one sadly. However, they are unfortunate victims and we are not.”

“I was taught to keep my word, no matter what”, he spoke as he took out a whetstone and his sword and slowly started to sharpen it. “I have gave you my word to help you home and find your loved ones and I am honor bound to uphold it. This world is unfamiliar and dangerous for you to go alone in.” Despite his appearance, he did have a conscious of sorts, and the last thing he needed weighing upon it was having a maiden out by her lonesome where she could have been easy prey. At least together, she would have a better chance to locate them. He continued to whetter the blade as she spoke of the history of her parents and her clan. Like other things he had learned from the travels, he was amazed about how different things were from his people’s customs and beliefs. “I had deserved it.”, he said bluntly. “I gave him no other choice, no other option but to do so. I may have been his son, but I was treated no differently from the rest. I was judged and treated fairly, it was all I could ask for.” If he could have gone back in time, he would have gladly done so. Eirik would have loved to have gone back and prevented his disobedience, which would have saved many lives, especially hers. But there was no use in living in the past, and he would have to move on. “You did what you needed to do to keep your clan intact and in line. No harm in that.”

Eirik knew not of how magic worked nor was he really wanting to delve into it. All he required was his strength and his blades and fangs, but not everyone was able to work like that, and vice versa. Aaryona seemed as though she was well taught in all manners of protection but for the time being, was unable to muster such. “DaeLuin? I take it that it’s your world? Your home?”

Aaryona

Character Info
Name: Aaryona Rose-Draconis
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Clan Leader
Silver: 834
Aaryona laughed a bit and nodded to him. "True too true. We are taught from the day we are born how to survive without our royal ties. Life is hard and truly frightening out in the desert wastes of Arri. At least that's what my mother has always told me. My father raised me to be the heiress to his clan. I was taught sword play, diplomacy, and how to build an empire out of an ant mound." She gave him a tiny smile. Though when it came to the mate thing she shrugged. "It just has never happened. I've been alive over thirty years now and not one of my kind, their kind, or another has asked. Well Vyse did but we split." She looked away.

The words he spoke made her smile. It sounded like being free. "My cousins love running in the forests. Even Keira and she is a book worm, a scholar by nature." Aaryona gave him a smile and nodded as he kept his word to her. "I'm not so afraid of unfamiliar things. I was but a girl when a god tricked me and put his blood into me forcing me against my will to stay. It was after I was freed that I came to rule over my father's clan. I was thrust into a world I didn't know. I was questioned by people who could kill me in an instant. I was but a child in their eyes despite how developed I was." She chuckled as she looked down to her rather pathetic willow like body. "Or not so much."

Thinking on the best way to answer him she nodded. "Yeah, it's the place I was born. My mother built a log cabin by herself when my father went missing for a time after my brother was born. When my father came back they had me. I was raised there. We were happy until… well mother and father grew apart due to circumstances. Mother is different now I can tell. Ever since we came here. Even her presence as I was falling through the worlds… It was different. It was more warm and nurturing." She almost lost her breath.

"That isn't like my mother at all. Before she used her wits and beauty to get what she wanted. She didn't care who she hurt as long as her family was protected but now that seems different." She looked over at Eirik. "I don't know my mother at all anymore." She moved her hand over to his for a moment. "I don't feel right without my magic but as soon as I have it… I should be able to do something more than act pathetic."

She chuckled a bit and moved her hand. "Sounds pathetic too."

OOC: Brittlez! Main: Angela Rose
Eirik

Character Info
It was a strange thing, human society was. Even if she wasn’t human, her kind seemed to follow some of the norms of them nonetheless. She considered herself worthless because she had yet to be mated to another permanently? Such a concept was grasped by Eirik’s mind in the least. Perhaps on some level he could see her point in this, but still, it seemed rather strange. He didn’t voice his opinion of this mostly due to him not having felt such a strong feeling like that ever. For his people, mating meant for life, not for when it was convenient and not so much. Hell, it would be likely that the she wolves would rip their mates’ heads of if they ever tried to pull what this Vyse had.

“I can at least sympathize with you on being in a world unfamiliar”, he responded before going back to widdling his blade again. “But you think so little of yourself at times, especially of your appearance. I see no real need for it, beauty comes in many forms at least as far as I know.” He glanced up to her for a moment before his eyes laid back down towards his work. “There will always be a challenge, of those that will seek to unravel you. It is simply a matter of whether you allow for it to consume you or if you rise above it. I was cast aside from my tribe, but I remain, undeterred and stony. I can not say what you should do, but I would suggest for you to look beyond their words.”

Putting aside his sword, Eirik stood up and took out the fire. “Adapting in your surroundings is something we all had to do for generations. Is it possible that she simply did that as well?” He let the question settle into Aaryona as he packed up. They would have to be on the move soon before they would likely be spotted by the huntsmen around these parts. Eirik didn’t feel like having to participate in a fight at the moment.

“Come, we should get started on your way back then”,he said and when they were ready, he led the way.

[Time Skip]

Weeks had gone by since they made the travel up north. The wolf slowly grew more comfortable with her presence in time, watching over her with a careful eye and a not so careful eye at the same time. But he kept his distance as far as the latter was concerned, as much as he could. It was strange in what he was feeling, especially since he knew what was to happen at the end of their journey. She would return to her home and he would move on. Still, it was a most complexing thing that he had to deal with internally. His attention was focused too much on that he hadn’t realized just where they were now. The wolf looked to his companion and shook himself of the dream like feeling. “Where are we now?”