Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > The Lost and Wayward (P,R)
Eirik

Character Info
Name: Eirik
Alignment: TN
Race: Wolf Shifter
Class: Barbarian
Silver: 231
He had traveled for some great time now, far from the plainlands of Haza Savanna that were once home for him. The son of a respected chief, Eirik had his whole future planned out for him; to become a great warrior and eventually take over the leadership of their clan. The former was very much proven true for he was hulking man with exceptional skill in combat, but unfortunately certain unforeseen circumstances came and ruined any chances of him becoming the new chief any time soon if at all. He was exiled from the clan and with tradition, left with nothing but his spear and the clothes on his back. Without a pack, he simply decided to leave the lands of Parvpora and focus on finding a new purpose.

The journey itself was a long trek, many phases of the moons passed by for the lone wolf. Without a purpose or a real destination, Eirik was aimlessly wandering the land of the other continent, taking to the plains and the forests over that of civilization. It felt so much better to travel in his wolf skin; a large bulky wolf of coal colored fur with hard, ivy eyes that looked at though they could pierce one’s soul.

Moving through the plains of Bohar, Eirik was scouting for prey to feast on for breakfast like deer when he spotted something on the ground. It didn’t appear to be like any sort of game he had witness in these parts before so he moved in cautiously, slowly letting his steps carry him forward. The closer he got, more it seemed that it wasn’t an animal and before long he knew it to be true. It was a woman, a fairly young looking one at that. From her attire, she didn’t appear to be from any of the clans that dominated these parts; she seemed more suited to be from the cities, perhaps even that of their nobility.

Scoffing at the idea of getting involved with that, he watched her for a bit before moving in and sniffing her. She didn’t appear to be dead, nor smelled of it. There was no telling just what she was doing here in the first place, and it wasn’t his concern to wonder. He moved around her and started to walk away from her to renew his hunt, but was only able to get in a few steps before he paused. Something just didn’t feel right, he didn’t know what, but it was something that resonated deep from his bones and onto his body. A feeling that was telling him not to ignore the female, especially since it seemed that she was defenseless. A slight growl slipped from his lips but he turned around anyway and headed back. Lowering his muzzle towards her face, he sniffed at her again and then licked at her face, wondering when or if she would awaken.

Aaryona

Character Info
Name: Aaryona Rose-Draconis
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Clan Leader
Silver: 834
There had been a time when she had been a leader maybe on par with her mother. It was of a mighty vampire clan that was slowly coming back. Her father had given her the right to rule. She had showed those older than her that she could rule. She had made the ancient ones that dare question her blow up in the sun light. 

Deep underneath? Deep underneath she was still the same girl who ran to her mother asking for stories about the vast world around them. Her brother had always gotten both women some sweets and tea before reading tales of great knights. Her brown eyes had always been electric during those tales. 

Later on, her father would pass down the mantle of the clan to her. Her adviser was her stepmother. They trusted in her and expected her to act like a leader. It even lead to killing her precious  brother. She had killed him with her light blade. She had broken her mother's heart. They did not speak for a long time until word had spread across the lands of the new Earth Avatar, her mother.

With their race time had passed by far faster and before she had known it here they were. With no children and just her clan she walked a thin line. However, whatever was above the gods and the tree had seemed fit to rip holes into times and space.

Panic set in as she rushed to gather what she had. It was Lilith that had picked her up as one of the cracks appeared. "I love you child." The last thing the elder vampire had said before throwing Aaryona through. 

Tears had come from her eyes as she finally figured it out. She felt time around her body and much more. For her crossing over was much more slow if only for her grief. Though she felt warmth where there shouldn't have been any. "Tell me my darling child, do you want to find your own way or come with me?" It was her mother.

Peeking her eyes around she seen darkness. "I'll find my own way this time. I've always been on yours and father's skirts riding the waves. I want my own path. Does that sound weird Mother?"

"No, I haven't given the others the choice like I have you. Stay safe you are precious to me." Her words felt like good bye as the warmth faded and the cold night air rushed past her. Cool grass was beneath her but she had only the energy to roll. Where was she? Why? Her eyes closed and she felt sleep take hold of her tired body. Silly woman she was suppose to be one with the night.

There was nothing rough against her cheek. Was… Was something licking her? She sprung up in her golden gown. It really did look silly out there in the middle of no where. Her long red curls went down her back as if she had just had them done. She looked towards the wolf but more so she was confused where she was. She got up and didn't even bother to dust herself off.

Looking up she shielded her eyes. "I fell from there." She pointed up to the crack in the sky. "But how am I…" She appeared to be thinking on it. "Mother.. So she wasn't just a figment of my imagination." She sighed a bit and brought two fingers to her lips as she pondered. Looking over to the wolf she tilted her head. "Thank you.. for waking me up." 

She was unsure if he was actually a wolf or a man in disguise. "You wouldn't happen to know where we are would you?" The winds blew and she looked back up. "Because I can't feel my father.." Her eyes teared for a moment.

OOC: Brittlez! Main: Angela Rose
Eirik

Character Info
The moment he went towards her was when she sprung back to life, causing the wolf back away a few steps, eyes ever watching the woman. It was possible that she was there, luring whoever came to assist for means of trapping and killing them. Trust was something that couldn’t be freely given to many for in this world, you never knew when your friend would greet you with a dagger behind him. Eirik stood his ground, softly growling as the woman spoke. The more she did and the more he observed her actions and behavior, the more his mind was thinking that she was genuinely lost here.

Looking up into the sky, he could see that there was indeed such a tear. It reminded him of vague conversations he overheard on the ship that brought him onto the continent; that in recent times, many of these tears appeared, scattered all over the realm and people were said to be descending from it. Were they of another world? Was this a blessing of the gods somehow? He did not pretend to know the whims of the divine nor did he want anything to do with them. The wolf responded for her sincerity with a slight bow of the head and his growls ceased for the moment.

Had she been waiting on someone to come find her, he would have ventured off and renewed his hunt, but there was a feeling that she wouldn’t be getting help around these parts for a long time, if ever. The tribes here couldn’t be completely trusted with her wellbeing and civilization was far and beyond these plains. Reluctantly, he shifted back into his natural form- a tall, hulking figure that carried the same ivy eyes as his wolf did, as did the color of his black hair reflect the fur.. The man was clothed in a war skirt and leather garments protecting his body and a spear was slung onto his back. For him and his clan, many of the inhabitants in these lands were much smaller and lankier and the redhaired maiden was no exception.

“We are in the plainlands, miss.”, he spoke in a rough tone, showing that he wasn’t a native to this particular region as well. “I know nothing of why you are here, but your tears will do nothing for you right now. Not in the wilderness where it will take those that show weakness and end them.” Despite his words, he was merely trying to get her to understand that mourning over her situation wasn’t going to help things. She would have to deal with this one way or another to survive. As to what she was going to do afterwards was unknown to him.

“I am Eirik. Pray tell, how did you come to fall here, maiden?” A finger lifted up back to the rip in the sky. “Have the heavens sent for you to come down?”

Aaryona

Character Info
Aaryona was not shocked at all with the shift of the man. She gave him a smile as she studied his body and than his face. He was much larger than she was. That did not bother her as most men were larger than she was. The red head had always been tall and lithe unlike her mother who was more curvaceous then she could ever be.

Thinking for a moment she shook her head. "I am not weak.. It's just occurred to me that my family is missing and my clan is gone." She huffed a bit as she thought of someone as strong as her mother not surviving, but that couldn't be right. She understood him but she gave him a smile. "I only ever cried over one other thing and that was killing my brother. Silly to cry over this right now."

She looked up at the rip and shook her head. "Not the heavens I'm afraid. Eirik something was destroying our world. It happened so fast. Natural disasters and the like were happening. I was trying my best to get my clan to safe grounds but just before we left the tear opened up and Lilith, my stepmother, threw me inside it. She must have known it would send me here.."

She waited for a moment. "I'm Aaryona.. I do have one clue to where my family might be but I am not for certain how it's possible. My mother was ascended to godhood or something similar to it back where I came from. Just before I passed through the tear she gave me a choice to find my own path or to go with her. If she still has that kind of power.. I wonder what she is doing here."

Still she let out an aggravated sigh. "She could have left me with a change of clothes at least. This will not do at all." She looked down at her clothes and shook her head a bit more. "Well.. Can't travel like this anyways."

Bending over she slipped off her elegant shoes and threw them. She ripped at the edges of her dress so it was not dragging on the ground. "I was not prepared for this." She tossed the material and let her feet feel the grass. "Will you help me? Will you help me find my family please it's important.. Maybe my clan too. My father left his mantle to me. I was suppose to lead them for the rest of my life… It's all he ever asked me to do."

Eirik

Character Info
Eirik looked over Aaryona for a few brief moments in silence; perhaps he had indeed misjudged her fortitude. It seemed as though it was built on a more sturdy foundation than its appearance. Oh some levels, he knew of her plight well since he dealt with the separation of his own people. The only difference here was that she sought to find them and he did not. That time for him was all but over now. Her mentions of slaying her own kin brought a couple of blinks from him and nothing more. In this world, all sorts of bizarre things occurred, and in many battles, it wasn’t quite uncommon for family to be split and face each other on opposite sides.

Watching the tear alongside her, one couldn’t help but to ponder if this was something that this realm should be concerned with, given that her own realm had paid dearly for it. For now, all this was just mere speculation. “Mayhaps so. Fate is fickle at times, and we are but pawns in its game. You may have been placed here for a reason, as was I when I was thrown out from my own stead.” That was still something Eirik was trying to figure out for himself. So far, the venture had proven unsuccessful but at least with the maiden here, she had a purpose that still thrived. How he envied her position right now.

While he himself did not know of the gods personally, the tales had reached his people of those with divinity in their blood and the painful lessons of those that had once tried to usurped them. If what Aaryona said was true, then she was a child of one of them, something he felt was hard to believe. But he also could see the promise in her breaking out on her own instead of relying on her parent’s guidance. A brow rose in questioning once he started to bear witness to her altering her attire. She was…a curious one all right. Arms folded against his chest, and fingers drummed lightly against them as he considered her plea. This had absolutely nothing to do with him and if they were almost anywhere else, he would have left her at least in a safe and secure place.

But in the middle of nowhere, there was no sanctuary here and predators lurked behind every possible corner. Even if she was a child of a goddess, it could still prove quite dangerous. A low sigh slipped from his lips as he looked at her. “Yes. I shall help you, if only because you are not yet used to these lands. Whether it be your father or clan that is found, I shall be by your side until such a time arrives.”

Aaryona

Character Info
Aaryona looked up at him and chuckled. "Fate is an odd thing. We both may be here for a purpose, maybe to help each other. That is the way fate works. Everything has a purpose even the smallest tug of a fate string." She remembered the wild tales her mother told her of what fate strings were capable of and how just a little event could change something much larger than herself. It had always stuck with her as she grew.

Amber eyes looked up at him and she let out a chuckle. "Don't make it sound like I twisted your arm." She was teasing him as she now tore off the petticoat underneath to make the dress flatter. "I will never understand why they think royalty need such poofy things." She tossed it and shook her head as she ruffled her dress and made whatever clung onto it fall off. "Much better. At least until I find proper clothes."

The Rosenite was fixated on him for a moment as she had never seen a man as large as he was. "Is everyone here as large as you are or are you unusual?" It was a question she would rather have answered now then later. "If my cousin is found she probably could draw us a map of the entire area she has been through. I'm assuming that all of my family is here somewhere. However, where they are is still a mystery to me."

She lifted up her hand and took the clips out of her red curls and threw them out as well. "Poking me in my damn head. Damn courts and their formal styles. I will never understand how my mother does it so comfortably." She put her hands on her hips and looked up at Eirik and blushed for a moment. "I am grateful for you helping me. It might be a long road and I don't quite know what we will find but we will find something someday I am sure."

Looking up at the skies she gave a sigh as she stared at the tear. "What a damn mess this is."

Eirik

Character Info
He gave her a silent and swift nod back; it was quite possible that Aaryona was correct and that fate had a fickle sense of humor in it. Perhaps they had been destined to encounter the other- for her it would for his assistance to regain what she once lost. Her family, her clan and her right to rule. And him? Eirik was unsure as to what she could provide for him other than a temporary purpose. In any matter, he had offered his hand to help her achieve all that without any ulterior motives. Once that had been done, then surely he would be left to wander and find his own path once again. The woman struck him as a bit odd at first glance, she appeared as one of noble blood and even had some mannerisms, but her behavior and actions led him to believe that she was quite the enigma as she tore at her clothing. True, he understood well enough that she wouldn’t get far dressed like that, but to so willingly alter them in such a way puzzled him. Upon hearing her jest, his face grew long before his eyes cut at her briefly. “I do not know why as well. My people only wear what is needed at the time.” Fancy fabrics and colorful cloths seemed to be a waste of actual clothing as far as he was concerned. He was too used to wearing the leather armour and simple robes when not in combat. Apparently she shared similar views.

Sounds of movement from afar came to him and swung his head over to glance over towards a herd of deer. And all this he had forgotten why he had been in the plainlands in the first place, and soon the hunt would have to be renewed. Just as he was going to turn back around to her, the woman asked him something. It brought forth a crack of a smile from him“No, they are all quite small like yourself, at least in this land. On the other continent where my people reside, we are towering and strong.” Glancing up once again at the tear, Eirik sighed, “If that is true, then they shouldn’t be too far from here.” Still they had no real clue as to where they all could have possibly been. Her entire clan could have been spread thin throughout the entire continent as far as they knew. As she spoke, his form melded away and gave way to that of the large wolf once more. “Wait here.” With that, he took off to the direction from where the herd was and within time, he returned with one of the adults, his maw clenched tightly around her neck as he dragged her back to the woman.

Some time later, a fire had been started to cook the stripped meat. While he had no problem consuming raw flesh, he was sure that she might not have the same willingness and decided to cook it for her. Feeding some wood into the blaze, Eirik sat nearby it and relaxed his shoulders. “Here.” He took his waterskin and handed it to her, “You will need your strength at its fullest. We should start by traveling up north from these plains. There is supposedly a large forest that we will have to trek through, and the dangers there might be great. If we can get through that, we can see if your kin had been spotted by some of the settlements residing there.”

Aaryona

Character Info
Aaryona turned her eyes to him and laughed. "I was raised with nobility and understanding that as a princess to my people I was to always look presentable. I've never truly understood it. Then my father gave me control over his clan and I was forced into pretty dresses and they pulled at my hair. Terrible  things all to look presentable for some two thousand year old pricks who judged me because I was thirty and thus a baby to them." 

Looking over at the deer as they emerged she had almost forgotten she had never gotten food before she got thrown into the portal. Her stomach was growling at her and she sighed. "I suppose that would be terrifying to me if I was surrounding by large people." Aaryona chuckled at him. Doing as he told she wanted him shift and he took off. 

Helping him with the fire she finally sat down and watched the flickering of the flames. "Thank you." She took his waterskin and drank from it. Her mouth had been dry and all these things annoyed her very much. She handed it back to him. "Aye, it should return with some food." Aaryona nodded and thought about everything that had happened. "I am use to forests. My mother lived in one and built her home with her own two hands. Our race is strong and noble but sometimes we are rather foolish when pursuing our wants and needs." She chuckled. "I can get some traveling clothes from there as well. Will be nice to be in a comfortable outfit for once."

She watched the flames once more. "My mother and father never did get along after I was born. They were right pissed at each other until the day Nathaniel died. They got along for us but once I turned of age to notice things. They stopped hiding how bad their relationship had really gotten. By that time Mother had a new lover and she had a baby with him. We live long lives so it's no surprise that people get bored with each other but they were angry. It was like feeling two strong tidal waves coming against each other when they were in the room. She is a queen in her own right and he is a lord."

It was obvious the woman was missing her family as she had a thoughtful look on her face. "It will be no issue to find my mother. She isn't one to hide in the background for very long. It's the others I am concerned about."

Eirik

Character Info
Eirik could, in some light, see why something so trivial like playing dress up could be enticing to the nobility. “In times of celebration, we don the furs of our conquests and that of our spoils. Aside from that, we hardly give thought to our attire at all. Obviously it is your birthright to rule, and none should have the right to question it, even if they are more experienced.” The right to rule often came to down to the standing of families, and from what Aaryona spoke of, she was the next in line to govern the clan, whether or not some had agreed to it. “That is amusing; I would have been just as frightened if I was surround by little people. Of course that is only to mean I would be afraid of stepping on one”, he returned with a chuckle. At least he was beginning to feel more at ease with her and loosened up.

As the food cooked, his thoughts returned to what needed to be done. They would have to make it through the forest and from then start having to go as many people as possible to see if they had spotted any traces of her family or any clues to lead them next. His finger tapped against the rugged side of his face before taking notice to her once again. “The wilderness is home to me as well. We live far from the walls of civilization and from the rules of their society. We have our own traditions and laws that they probably wouldn’t understand, or simply wouldn’t care to. It's been that for as far as I can remember, and surely long before my birth.” It was because of such traditions that he was forced out from the clan and left all the way out here by his lonesome. Watching the fire crackle a bit, he tossed in another piece of wood; it igniting as soon as it came into contact with the fire and was starting to blacken. “I suppose that is where our kinds differ. We are part wolf, as you have seen- and as such when we mate, we mate for life. Through the good and bad times, even when the latter outnumbers the former. Many of the people in these lands seem to forget about loyalty and duty for one another, far too busy thinking with their loins”, he spoke bluntly as he leaned backwards. “Your parents sounds like alphas forever butting heads and that there was no use in compromising. Not all lovers were made to be with the person they were with at the time. My own stayed mated until my mother’s death. Since then, my father had never taken in another she wolf, despite the right for such to occur.”

“Frankly, I wasn’t worried about finding her, the deities tend to make themselves known when they feel like it. That is what I’ve been told at least since I got here.The others are truly a different matter.” Leaning back forward, he took a roasting stick and jammed it into the meat before slicing it with a small dagger and handing the contents to her. “Should in the account that you are unable to find them, what shall you do then?”, he asked as he prepared his own meal.

Aaryona

Character Info
Aaryona shook her head for a moment. "Some think my birth is an abomination. The undead cannot have children. Then there is my mother who comes along and ends up pregnant with my brother and then myself. She changed everything. Up until that point there was no heir to my father's clan. Even though I'm no vampire I was able to take over. Vampires are territorial by nature so just the thought of another blood in there made them act out." A smile came to her face. "So I made them take a nice sun bath until the others decided I was the rightful ruler. My parents taught me a very important lesson very quickly, one has to use force to get results sometimes."

She laughed with him and looked towards the fire. "I would be afraid of being stepped on!" She jested back to him as they continued to talk over the fire. "We have odd traditions too. At least compared to humans and the like. Mother is from a place called Sularia. We have rules and laws that I have to follow even when I am living with the vampires. To not follow our laws is death. I've seen my mother kill women who disregarded our laws."

She lounged in the grass and listened. "I have an uncle who is a lycan. He goes absolutely crazy when my aunt is off doing something. Although she is crazy. She doesn't mind jumping off of dragons in mid air and hoping she lands on her feet, that's actually how they met. They are loyal to each other, more fierce then I have ever seen."

Looking over his way she laughed. "You got that right. Arriese women are the alphas and my father? My father wasn't ready for it when my mother finally was strong enough to push her way to the top." She rolled on her side facing him and picked a flower. "I loved a man once, thought we were going to get married and things were going to be happy." She twirled it between her fingers. "He never came home one day. I waited and I waited. Years passed and like vampires it appears I gained the trait to wait like stone from my father. Finally I was convinced he just wasn't coming home despite how much he told me he loved me." She threw the flower into the fire. "Think with their loins indeed. No sense of commitment."

Taking her food she put a piece of food in her mouth and chewed. She didn't need to comment on her mother because what he said was true. She swallowed and sighed. "Start a new life I guess. Roam the lands and be on my own. I'm far too old to go crawling to my mommy for help. Most girls are married at fifteen left alone make it to thirty without even an offer." She stuck another piece of meat in her mouth and took a look at him.

"What about you what's your story? How did you end up here if your clan is elsewhere?" She moved over by him as she ate and stared into the fire. "Tell me about your traditions. I mean I feel like I've poured my little heart out to you." She chuckled and looked up at the sky again. The tear was pissing her off as she ripped a piece of meat with her teeth and chewed it. 

"I've always heard that being one with the forest is amazing. Or that's what my aunt says when she changes into a wolf to run with my uncle and their children. Will you tell me what it's like?"

Then something hit her that made her freeze for many seconds as she turned her head up to him. "What will you do if I can't find them?"