Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Spirit of Moonlake [P]
Lady in Black

Character Info
Name: Iona
Alignment: None
Race: Will O’ Wisp
Class:
Silver: 248
The full moon blessed the land with its pale light to shine through the night. By now people across Canelux have already gone to bed, sleeping soundly without fear, without care of what goes on through the night. But the people of Blackmore are a little different. They thrive in the dark, actively drinking and dancing as if they only live by the moon. Music could be heard as they celebrated under the stars, a bonfire in the center of town burning so brightly the glow could be seen from afar. Singing sounded with the beat of drums, with clapping and stomping from a choreographed dance around the fire. It was a delightful sound to hear everyone enjoying each other’s company and having the time of their lives. The celebration came at the same time every year, but the sound never got tiring.

However, for a single spirit, it was the loneliest of times.

A small blue light hovered over the calm waters of Moonlake. It was avoided by the townsfolk every night, feared to be the vengeful spirit of a woman whom died in the lake long ago. But this was just a folktale. The water was never touched, and so no one ever knew that it was the gate to another otherworldly dimension. A spiritual realm of sorts. And the light? It was the soul of a lone Will O’ Wisp that has been trapped in said realm. The door to the realm was waning, and little by little the Wisp’s soul is slipping out into the mortal world. Without a mortal body, or vessel, the Wisp would not last in the world of humans. But every time someone came near enough to hear its please for kind aid, they all ran away and avoided the lake even more. They feared being lured by a vengeful spirit that wants nothing more than to drown them in the lake.

The Wisp’s time was running short. They could only hope that soon, someone would be courageous enough to listen to their call.

Cilas

Character Info
Name: Cilas Evergarde
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragon
Class: Blood Mage
Silver: 1309
Ah, the beauty of the full moon. How I never get tired of its gentle embrace.

Silver eyes gazed up at the brilliant source of light in the night sky, entranced by its glorious luster. Cilas had always held regard for the moon, for it was the light that guided people in the darkest of nights. He held it as a good omen, something that would bring peace. Or so he thought in his own mind. Dragons never did share the same pattern of belief that men did, as they lived upon this star for far longer than any of them did. Their beliefs and what they held dear no man could ever understand. He wished that they could though, so that way both would benefit.

This was not the reason why Cilas was here though, he was more curious about a tale that he had heard from a nearby village. That a lake close by held a spirit of vengeance, so the waters were never touched by man. The dragon knew all too well that the story could be true, as the power of vengeance was not something to scoff at. It could bind anything that didn’t want to cross over and taint them to be a malevolent being. He was curious though, as to why such a vengeful thing would not seek out to disrupt the happiness of their festival.

His curiosity and his thirst for knowledge was his drive to travel so far away from Iria. Yet here he stood at the water’s edge, his silver short robes glistening in the moonlight, and standing here he felt no malevolence. Yet it was finally when he decided to look away from the moon that he caught a glimpse of blue light. ”A Wisp?” He spoke softly. He blinked quickly just to make sure that he wasn’t imagining things, yet the source still stayed.

”Are you the one? This so-called vengeful spirit the village spoke of?” He was confused, as most wisps were not necessarily evil but rather tricksters or even benevolent guides in Fae lands. Yet this one stood alone, with no others nearby. It must be lonely, perhaps even trying to reach out to others. ”So then, they were mistaking your voice as an evil entity,” the dragon said stroking his chin with his index finger. ”I should return and tell the village that there is nothing to fear from this, such a shame. I thought that there was more to the story than just this.”

Lady in Black

Character Info
Class:
This seemed to be a very unusual night. For the first time in centuries, someone had approached the lake, and even called out to the Wisp. Even for a spirit it was a stunning thing to witness. But it was happy, so very happy that someone had come. Though they have not offered to aid them, the Wisp could not help feeling an overwhelming sense of joy. If it had a physical heart, it would have leaped to touch the stars. Despite its need for survival, which was naturally at the top of its list, that was not the only thing it desired. All of these years it had lived alone, shunned by its own kind for being different and feared by those too stubborn to listen. It did not blame the townsfolk for their actions, however. It was natural to fear the unknown. It would be selfish to curse them for not ‘putting their lives in danger’ by speaking to a supposed vengeful spirit. Which is why it never asked the same person twice. If they were not courteous enough to approach the first time, then the Wisp would respect their decision and ask no more. Not even its own life was worth asking too much of another.

But someone had come, and they did not flee. There was no fear in this man’s eyes, only unbound curiosity. “I am,” said the Wisp in calm reply, its voice soft like a whisper yet not belonging to male nor female. “It is not their fault for mistaking me for a ghost. A spirit I am, but not a harmful one. Though it would be joyous for the people of Blackmore to finally live without fear after so long, there is something I must ask of you first. My soul is slipping into the mortal world, you see. And without a mortal body I cannot live for very long. Will you help me, dear sir?” The Wisp paused to allow the man to ponder on its request. It knew how alarming it must be for a spirit to ask for a mortal body, and so it added, “A young maiden should do nicely. Yes, a fair maiden would suit my needs perfectly. If you are concerned for this maiden’s well being, then it should bring you comfort to know that no harm will befall her.” It recalled seeing a maiden passing by the lake at a distance on a daily basis. Her eyes were always sorrowful, a look the Wisp never wished to see on anyone’s face. This maiden has yet to flee from the spirit. Whether it’s because she is unafraid or not, the Wisp did not know. But this maiden was the one the Wisp desired. If she did not enjoy her life, then perhaps taking over would bring her comfort. She would no longer be fearful nor stressed nor be in any pain. Her soul could finally rest easy.

“There is a maiden that walks by every sunset. Her hair is dark as the moonless night, with eyes blue as the shimmering lake. Please, if you accept my request, bring her to me. I beg of you, help me before my time runs out.”

Cilas

Character Info
A voice rang out, as clear as day to Cilas. Quickly he snapped back around and looked at the blue light that floated above the clear water. ”So you do speak, or is it because of my true nature that I hear you clear.” Cilas pondered yet he knew all too well what the answer was. Before he was even able to respond again, the spirit started to ask of him a request. Cilas could not help but chuckle, as this spirit wished for a dragon to bring them a maiden. Usually, the maiden’s were brought to dragons as sacrifices, for his more evil brethren that is. Its request was just though, for if this woman lived in sorrow..why waste a vessel that could belong to another.

”Very well, I shall find this maiden for you. Pray, wait for my return.”

If the spirit recalled a person so vividly, then they must pass by the lake often. Often enough to remember

The dragon thought, stopping partially between the lake and the village. He looked over his shoulder and still could see the lake from his position. He went up and leaned against one of the trees nearby and crossed his arms, bracing himself with one of his feet. There was nothing more he could do, as he did not want to make a commotion within the village trying to find the maiden. Instead, he decided to wait and see if the selfsame person would pass by again.

Minutes passed by, and continue to pass by. Cilas let out a sigh after he waited for far more than he should have and was about to give up when the rustle of the shrubs was picked up by his ears. A woman stood before him, with the blackest hair that he had ever seen, a surprised look on her face as if she was not expecting anyone. In her hand, she held a dagger. Cilas’ head tilted to the side as he stared at the blade.

“W-who are you? Did someone from the village send you?”

Her words were laced with fear, even nervousness.

”Eyes of sorrow, hair of a moonless night. You must be the one it spoke of. So you wish to end your sorrow by ending it all upon this night?”

“W-w-what do you know, I have no reason to explain myself to a stranger.”

Cilas pointed up to the moon, and the maiden looked up. ”The moon is not a blood moon, blood need not be shed upon this day. If you wish to escape this mortal coil I am not one to stop you, for centuries shall pass and you will be forgotten in my memory. Instead, I offer a different solution.”

The dragon explained the situation to the woman and after he was done they both just stood there in a deafening silence. A silence that was finally broken as the knife fell from her hands to the ground. “Nothing is here for me anymore, and I no longer wish to live. Yet, if I can do one ounce of good before fading then I should. Take me to it.”

So Cilas lead the woman to the lake. He was glad that the spirit was still there when he returned. The woman was following him grasping her hands in front of her chest. He could tell that she was nervous. She wanted to escape, but at the same time, her primal instinct to survive was telling her no as well. So he stepped into the water and held out his hand, and looked to her. HIs eyes were now the slitted eyes of a dragon.

” You have nothing to fear, for when you awake again your sorrow will be gone, and you will be reunited with those you lost.”

Her eyes widened and tears filled them. Her own face asking how he knew that was the reason for her sorrow. He didn’t, but it was the only reason that he could think that a woman such as her would choose to die. It didn’t take her long to walk forward to grab his hand and walk into the water. She looked at him and mouthed two simple words, before stepping out deeper into the water.

“Thank You”

Lady in Black

Character Info
Class:
If the Wisp had a physical form, its face would be beaming upon the acceptance of its request. For the first time someone lent their ear and listened to what the Wisp had to say. Not only that, but they were willing to offer it the aid it sought with kindness. It watched as the man turned away and aimed for the village. Perhaps it was foolish, but it had no lack of trust in this stranger. Even as his form vanished amongst the trees and overgrowth, it had no doubt in its mind that he would keep his word and return. Honest and trustful, these were the very reason it had become locked within this realm in the first place, without any means of escape. A naive little Wisp it was then, but through all of its years spent alone and trapped, it still carried the same honesty and trust for others. It has become wise and learned from its lesson, but that would not change who it truly was. Nothing ever could.

Some time passed, and there was still no sign of the man’s promised return. The moon gradually crept across the sky. Soon dawn will come. But the Wisp’s patience was rewarded. The man’s figure finally came into sight, emerging from whence he came. And at his side, the maiden requested. Tears glistened in her eyes of sorrowful blue, but there was a new twinkle in them. Hope. The man had managed to fill her with the hope of escaping her melancholy life. This pleased the Wisp. Not only because it can finally have a mortal body after so long, but because it could save the maiden. The man guided her into the water, and assured her there was nothing to fear. She followed.

“He speaks the truth,” said the Wisp to the maiden, “You’ve nothing to fear. In your body, I shall carry your burdens, shoulder the weight of your stresses and fears. Your soul can finally rest in peace.” The maiden smiled softly, wiping another stray tear from her eye. “What must I do?” She asked. “Submerge yourself in the water. I will do the rest,” the Wisp replied simply. The maiden stepped further into the water. A blue glow shined from beneath the surface when the cold water reached her tiny waist. A few more steps, and her entire body vanished under the surface of the lake.

For the majority of the first heartbeats, her eyes were clamped shut. But when they opened, she caught a glimpse of another figure. It was blue, illuminating light the glow of a flame. Its form was shaped like a person, but much, much smaller, and without gender. It had no face, no features, almost like a shadow. A shape, and nothing more. It reached out to her, warmth enveloping her body as her eyes closed once more. It was as if the Wisp’s touch washed away all of her misery, filling her instead with a sense of serenity as her soul was finally freed. That was the last thing she recalled before she slipped off into a never ending rest.

Her eyes reopened. Only this time, it was the Wisp behind them. Now that it had successfully taken over the maiden’s body, the mortal flesh survived within the realm below the water. She swam to the surface and made her way to the shore. The spiritual energy from the realm had burned away her clothing, just as it did to all things belonging to the mortal world that were not possessed by a spirit. Her fair skin glowed under the moonlight. Hair that was once black as the darkest of nights had now been changed by the spirit’s energy, changing it to a beautiful silver that shimmered like the ripples on the water. Unfamiliar with the customs of mortals, the Wisp was not concerned with modesty as she approached the man who stood in the shallow water, hair sticking to her neck and shoulders as it draped down her back, water trickling along her bare flesh.

With a grateful yet soft smile, she placed her hands over the warm beating in her chest. “I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and aid, dear sir. If it had not been for you, my soul would have surely slipped away and deteriorated, and the young maiden never would have found peace.” She could not count how many times she had seen suffering mortals take their own lives to end the pain. But it never does. Taking their life only extends their suffering, for unless they die in peace, their soul will return as a ghost that can never find peace. This man had saved an innocent maiden who deserved better than that. “I am forever indebted to you,” she added with a small bow of gratitude.

Cilas

Character Info
It was strange for the dragon, even though he agreed to help the wisp find the maiden, yet he did not actually believe that the person would give up their body so easily. He wanted to know what was going on inside of the mind of the woman, yet at the same time, he did not want to know the sorrow that she must feel within the depths of her soul. Instead, though, the wisp offered to her to carry the weight of her world. A small smile couldn’t help but creep onto the dragon’s face. As the maiden submerged herself within the waters, Cilas stepped out as to not interrupt any ritual that may have been taking place beneath the surface.

Cilas’ eyes were fixated upon the spot in which the maiden and submerged herself, eyes that were once again his silver human ones. Several minutes had passed and nobody had yet emerged from the lake. Even though the waters were clear, he could not see through them due to the reflection of the moon that lit up the waters. Deep in his mind, he couldn’t help but feel like he had been tricked by the Wisp, but at the same time, its plea seemed so genuine.

HIs worries were for naught, for a couple of minutes later the water’s surface showed signs of someone swimming beneath the surface. Cilas let out a sigh of relief, even though this would have been a fleeting memory in his long life he would rather have not led a woman to her death. He stepped forward to meet her, as she resurfaced and walked out of the waters. He stopped in his step though, almost awestruck. The pitch black hair that once topped the woman’s hair was pure silver. He didn’t even notice the woman was bare before him until she had got close to him.

He undid the cloak around his neck and wrapped it around the woman, making sure that it covered her completely before he redid the brooch that held in. ”A life for a life, would rather only one soul be lost on this day than two. You need not owe me a thing. Let us return to the village and find you something more to wear though. He turned to walk back to the village, beckoning the wisp to follow him. He stopped suddenly and turn his head to look back at her. ”You may call me Cilas, now that we got a chance to actually introduce ourselves. Cilas Evergarde.”

Lady in Black

Character Info
Class:
“As you wish,” said the Wisp- Er, the girl. She supposed she would have to get used to being a human from now on. She might as well refer to herself as one, despite the gnawing feeling in her gut whenever she reminded herself that it wasn’t entirely true. Was this a human emotion? Being a spirit didn’t mean she never felt such emotions, but it did mean the emotions never had an impact on her simply due to her lack of a body. But with mortal flesh, she could feel it. It was so strange. The man removed a piece of his clothing and wrapped it around her, locking it in place. Briefly she wondered why there was a need to cover her natural flesh. What was this need to hide? She had noticed long ago that this is what mortals do, but the reason for it eluded a spirit who had no need for such things, and was unfamiliar with the mortal body. But, she imagined showing herself as she is would possibly upset others. She did not wish to upset anyone if she could avoid it.

The man started in the direction towards the village, but then suddenly stopped and turned on her. She, too, paused. “Cilas Evergarde,” his name slipped off her tongue in a self whisper, as if to try the name for herself. Her pink lips smiled gently, “A handsome name. It is a wonderful pleasure to meet you, Cilas Evergarde, truly. Although, as a Wisp I have no identity of my own. I am sorrowful at the fact that I cannot offer you a name in return for you honest generosity and kindness.” She balled her hand into a loose fist over her heart, unknowing that her smile had faltered into a small frown. It seemed in a mortal body, emotions were far stronger. She truly did feel saddened that she had no name. And at the same time, she was unsure whether she even had the right to have one at all. A name that doesn’t belong to her would certainly be fitting for a body that, too, was not hers. Already it was like she was living a lie, and adding a name would only add another layer to it. She didn’t like living a lie, but she didn’t have any choice on the matter. It saved not only her life, but also brought peace to a tortured soul. She took what she was given, was that so wrong?

In all honesty, she couldn’t answer that.

They started walking again for the village. The grass was soft beneath her bare feet, the shifting breeze causing her body to shiver from the chill of the night. There were all kinds of smells all around her, sights and sounds far more…close, than when she was just a bodyless spirit. Everything was amazing to her, the world of mortals. And this was only part of it. Mountains towered in the distance, and all that lied beyond the vast plains was far out of sight. Who knew all the wonders the world had there as well. Excitement rose within her, the growing curiosity for exploration. But what she had was right here. She takes only what she is given. Asking for more would be selfish.

Soon enough they arrived in the town. The people were less lively and common on the streets now that the climax of the festival descended. But a large number still roamed through the night. Most were small groups of men, stumbling on their feet with bottles in their hands, laughing wildly. Others had girls with them, giggling at everything the unstable men said while holding themselves against the male bodies, touching them in a peculiar fashion. She tilted her head to the side curiously, her brow raising. “Is it common for people to touch each other so freely?” She asked Cilas. “Is it a custom to act as these people do?” Her question was meant to help her learn the ways of mortals. If she was going to live in this body from now on, in their world, in their villages, then she must learn to act as they do. Little did she know how obscene these people were, and only because they had gotten themselves drunk.

Cilas

Character Info
Cilas looked over his shoulder as they made their trek back to the town, he could see the excitement in the face of the woman as the walked. It was almost a child like wonder, Cilas couldn’t help but to smile a little at that. Not only because he was happy that he could help two beings find the peace that they deserve, but also how she reminded him of himself when had first descend from the Cradle all those years ago. How he was awestruck at the beauty that mortal creatures had made with their own hands and the other sights and smells that one could not find in the place of his birth. This forest was all but a small part of the world and it’s beauty.With beauty though, the ugly side would soon show its face.They entered the village and the smell alone was strong to the Dragon’s senses. I was wise to cover her up, we need to find her garments and fast. He hid the urgency on his face and looked around. There would be only one house that would not fit with the rest, windows darkened and an air of sorrow around it. All because the maiden had never intended to come back, as she had planned to end her life this night. He looked back to make sure she was still with him, her eyes were fixated on the people in the town.“No, these actions are not normal for people to be doing so freely. Their minds are clouded by a drink that dulls the senses and makes even the most saintly of folk into devils.” Men were taking equally drunk woman back to their homes, while some couldn’t even wait till they got into the cover of privacy. A loud tsk could be heard from under the dragons breath. “Stay close to me, and keep that cloak around you as much as possible. The primal lust of man…is not something I wish to befall upon you”He made sure to keep their pace quick as he quickly looked for the maidens old house. Cilas managed to find a glimpse of what he assumed was her abode and reached back and grabbed the spirits hand. “This way, I believe I have found where she resides.” Quickly he lead her there. He could hear the snicker of people as they rushed by. He knew what their thoughts were, and to an outsider it would like how the others around were acting.He tried the door when they got to the house and found that it was not locked up. She must not have cared if anyone took anything. This was suppose to be her last night. He opened the door and stepped aside to allow the Wisp inside. “Go on in, I am sure there are garments in there to fit you. Take what you need after all this is “your” home. I shall be waiting out here if you need anything. Who knows, you might find a name for yourself in there as well.”

Lady in Black

Character Info
Class:
The Wisp tilted her head curiously. Cilas appeared as though he were searching for something, yet he did not neglect answering her question. His following words brought a small frown to her soft face. A drink that dulls the mind was quite an intriguing concept, but the Wisp did not fancy the sound of this drink turning sane mortals into devils. What drink would cause such horrible results? Her body shivered at the idea, briefly causing wonder as to what the shiver was. However, with learning that the way the people of the village acted was indeed not normal, it raises the question: what is normal? The Wisp blinked away, her focus turning to the dull minded. Cilas ordered her to stay by his side, to which she replied with an understanding nod. She could not afford to forget that she now lived in a mortal body. Her flesh was delicate, bones easily broken. It made her vulnerable to danger. Very, very vulnerable. This is her first time experiencing the mortal world in a mortal body; she would rather not be harmed during the first hour. The poor Wisp was oblivious to the meaning of primal lust, but she assumed that it was not anything good. A hand lifted to hold his cloak closed over her naked body obediently.

She followed in silence and continued to allow her curious, yet now wary, eyes wander. The further they went into the village the more she noticed the gazes watching her and Cilas. It made her uncomfortable, uneasy and nervous. Although, she could not decider why. Was it the way they covered their lips as they spoke in each other’s ears? Or how their eyes were hard and assuming? She was unsure whether she was accurately reading their emotions and body language, she was just following that foreign sensation in her stomach. Is that what is known as instinct?

Abruptly her hand was taken by Cilas, affectively drawing her attention back to him. Watery blue eyes blinked then shined. As if by nature her lips reformed into a soft smile. A place to reside, possibly call home. She had never known what a true home was, not when she was trapped within Moonlake, and not from before. The Wisp was excited, a fluttering tickling her in her chest. But then she remembered who it was that rightfully owned this home. Even as they stopped and stood before it, even as she gazed upon the tall and dark structure. She seemed to have an empty pit in her stomach. A body that was not hers, a home that did not belong to her, in a village where she did not belong. The layers of lies only seemed to build with each step she took further into the mortal world. She had come into this world and claimed someone else’s life. She stole someone’s identity. And to make things worse, none of the townsfolk seemed to recognize her at all. Her hair was silver now, not its original black, yet her face and eyes were still the same. Someone should have known her, yet no one had. Did anyone even know this girl existed? It was a sorrowful thought, and her chest ached.

The Wisp was reluctant to enter the house without Cilas. She would not know where to go, what to look for. And even if she did find clothing, she knew not how to wear it properly. She could not help wishing he would help her, or at least be there to give her instructions. But she understood that she must remain covered before they eyes of men. It was clear that showing her naked body was frowned upon, and would attract unwanted attention. She wished to avoid doing as such. And so she walked into the building. Cilas closed the door behind her, leaving her alone in the darkness. She was used to the moon offering light through the nights, but this darkness was dense, far beyond anything she had ever experienced. She closed her eyes and summoned her spirit’s power. Little by little, tiny balls of blue light started floating around her like butterflies, their light each as bright as the full moon outside. It revealed the walls and everything belonging to the maiden that once lived here, covering her surroundings in a soft blue hue. The floor was soft beneath her feet as she made her way up the climbing steps. Her hand slid across the side railing. It looked like wood, but felt smooth under her fingers. On the next floor, a long hall stretched before her.

One by one, she opened the doors as she had seen Cilas do. She did not know where she would find clothing, so she searched each and every room. The largest room had a tall wooden figure with doors of its own. This is where she discovered the garments that the maiden had worn. She recognized all of them, her slender fingers feeling of the soft and warm fabrics. The maiden had worn one every sunset as she passed by the lake, allowing the Wisp to memorize them all well. She picked her favorite: a long black dress that falls to the ground, a wide wrap around her waist that always showed how small the maiden was, and long sleeves with a hood that could hide her face in shadows. The Wisp dropped the cloak from her shoulders, her skin shivering and growing tiny bumps now that the piece of clothing no longer offered any warmth. Movement from the side caught her eyes. She blinked at the identical woman standing a few steps away. It was tall and outlined with a thin wooden frame, containing something she could not see yet reflected her more clearly than water. She reached out to it, amazed that its smooth surface did not ripple from the contact, or even when she was close enough that her breath caressed it. She looked over herself momentarily, curious about the human body. But she quickly reminded herself why she was there.

After some trial and error, she finally managed to put the dress on properly. Or so she hoped. A pair of black slippers were put on to protect her feet. Satisfied, she turned back towards the door, only to be distracted by something else. It was much like the odd, clear thing that reflected everything in front of it, but much smaller, and this one held a permanently frozen image. It was the maiden, her hair black with sorrowful eyes and a ghostly smile. Something was marked along the bottom of the frame. The Wisp assumed they were letters, or runes, as she had seen many in her lifetime but never learned how to read them. Perhaps it could lead her to the maiden’s name. She took the picture and went back downstairs. When the door opened and moonlight flooded around her, the little balls of spirit light vanished. She offered Cilas a soft smile, chest warming. She was joyful that he remained and waited on her. “I found this,” she said, reaching the picture out to Cilas. “I do not know how to read, so I am uncertain whether this could help give me a name.”

Cilas

Character Info
In the back of his mind, he wondered if he should have gone in the house with her. It did not occur to him at the time that she may not have even know what clothes were or even how to get dressed, for she was new to the realm of mortals. In the same moment though he needed to stay out to guard the house just in case anyone decided to try anything. For even though he was a dragon, in his human form he could easily be knocked out if ambushed from behind as he would not have time to get his guard up. He was dealing with a double-edged sword here, and would just have hope that she could figure it out. Not much to do besides wait, and so he did by leaning up against the door frame and close his eyes.

“Not so lucky were ya mate, my condolences.”

Cilas opened an eye to see a man before him. He reeked of alcohol. Of course someone would come and say something. Why can it never be easy Cilas thought to himself and closed his eyes once more. ”It was not what your small mind was thinking, I was merely just escorting the lady back to her place.” He replied, hoping that the man would take the hint and walk away. That would turn out to not be the case, as the man laughed in his drunken state.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say there bud. It was a darn shame that you were turned down as she was a fine young thing that you brought. Perhaps I shall see if I am more successful.”

With those words, Cilas’ eyes snapped open and he moved between the door and the man. Of course, this irritated the man and he pushed Cilas back a bit. Typical drunken actions from a mortal that didn’t bother Cilas that much. “What is your deal man, she already turned you down. It is only fair that I get a chance at that.” These were the words that set Cilas off and he reached out and grabbed the drunkard by his throat. Cilas’ eyes were reptilian once more. ”You will turn back you understand, or else I'll rip your throat out you understand,” Cilas’ voice was far more booming that it what it was before, and deeper as well, ”I care not for man’s lust, but I will not allow you to lay your lustful eyes on her”

He dropped the man who whimpered off back into the crowd. With that Cilas knew he had vacated his welcome into the village. He did not know why he lashed out why he did, but something told him that he needed to protect her. He sighed and went back to leaning up against the edge of the door. Keep your emotions in check, you do not want hunters to come after you again

Moments later the door opened and the spirit had managed to dress in a black dress that the woman must have once owned. It fit her well, as it should, and it made her striking silver hair stand out even more than it did before. ”That is a beautiful dress that you chose, it suits you.” He then grabbed the picture that the spirit handed off to him. Was a picture of the maiden before she gave herself to the wisp. She was smiling, but even in the picture, you can see the sorrow in her eyes. ”I wonder what happened to this woman, to make her live in sorrow so much.” The wisp then explain there was a word at the bottom of the frame. ”It's written in common script. A simple word, Iona.”

He smiled and looked back at the woman. "Iona eh, it is a beautiful name and one that I believe will suit you will."