Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Meeting the Family (p.r)
Cole

Character Info
Name: Cole Cocidius
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith Fused
Class: Demon Hunter
Silver: 1200
Being told the logistics of Nymph’s nerves and such felt as if they went in one ear and out the other. Belle was speaking logic, but Cole was having little of it. Everything that was happening at the moment was brand new to him. There had been no ability to prepare for the sight of his lover being in pain. He had no one to blame for this agony that she was obviously enduring. “If you are attempting to get out of this on sheer technicalities, you are gravely mistaken.” Cole cupped her face and gently stroked her cheek with his thumb. “These are not simple scars or even scars at all. I was not born yesterday.”

The smell of sweat was first noted before the sight of it beading on her skin. He lifted his head slightly to look at Belle as protesting came about when the request for a shot of whiskey was made. The demon hunter took in a deep breath as he continued to stroke Nymph’s cheek in an effort to comfort her. Healing was not one of his skills that could have any deep merit. Now that he knew of her pain, the hunter wished that his abilities stemmed in that direction. “You will rest,” he instructed into her ear with a gentle voice. “You will get better. That is an order.” As he pulled away from her ear, he placed a slow kiss upon her temple. “You will not do anything that will bring about the end of our time together. Let us handle this now and not drag it out. If Belle tells you that there is needed rest, than we will do that. I will be with you.”

He leaned slightly in against her forehead to offer his support and comfort. The twins stiffened as Belle explained what was within the letter. Jiyu Clan was not known to the general public. Only when they decided to make themselves known was their name spoken. The fact that the Queens were speaking of an invitation to the Clan as well as an evaluation of the strongest hunter; Uial clenched her jaw tight. This was not to be born. Cole already knew the stance that his Leader was to take in the situation. She was stubborn, and this was already much for the Clan to take with him wanting to be with an outsider.

Letter in hand, Cole looked it over and saw the great effort that went into the lettering. He had pulled back slightly in order to read it over several times in hopes that there was a loophole that was in it. Of course there was none. He passed the letter over his shoulder to Uial. Her hand was quick to take it and read it over for herself. His expression was stern for a brief moment as he had been in deep thought Uial remained silent on the situation since she knew her twin would be able to voice her decisions.

“We will go. It is clear that this is important to the family you belong to. This summons is for the benefit of our future. The Council Leader will not make the journey. She is not allowed to leave the valley unless it is of dire situation. It is the Clans decree from ages to keep the line protected.” He was able to make a small laugh and leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. “We will go to make our case before the Family. Is there any indication or idea of why the Queens would want to come together to just meet the pair of us? I was under the impression that your mother had taken a liking to me the year ago that we had met.” The hunter remembered when he had returned Nymph to Lily the other year when she had been injured during the fight with the demon. “That should mean I have at least one ally in there, correct?”

Uial returned the letter to Belle and turned away from the gathering. There was nothing she would say on the topic. Cole knew that there was what she personally wanted to do and what the laws would allow. Little options were open to Uial. A proxy could be sent in her place, but that would not be good enough for the Leader. He was sure that he would go to her later on his own to talk on the subject. Though she would be cold towards him, Cole and his sister were quite close. He also knew that the entire concept of him finding the one he wanted to be with would hurt her since she had lost her husband not too long ago.

"Nymph, let us get you into a comfortable bed to get some rest. Belle, if you would help I would like to make sure that she is properly settled. We shall go to my quarters."

Nymph

Character Info
Name: Nymphaea Rose
Alignment: CN
Race: Rosenite/Demon
Silver: 1398
Nymph made a few noises towards Cole. It sounded like a protest but also that she had given in. “It’s about time someone can talk some sense into her. This has been an ongoing fight since the injuries happened in the first place.” Belle took a sigh of relief as she watched the two of them. Nymph turned her head enough to kiss his thumb.

Belle waved her hands a bit. “Rest assured the knowledge is in safe hands. You cannot hide from the Earth. That’s why Arcus probably brought it. My mother is insanely powerful and… well… intrusive? She puts her nose in places it does not belong a lot of times without thinking about it.” Belle hung her head in defeat. “I am sorry about it…” She rubbed the back of her neck. “The five probably spoke of it and keep it between them. They do know how to keep secrets from time to time.” Belle reassured them.

“Gods your mother is a pain in the ass. Did you know that her sister Talise lives on the other continent just to escape being watched?” Nymph grunted out softly. “Angela doesn’t have boundaries like normal people. I think she’s been alive too long.”

Once how everything would go over was talking Belle and Nymph nodded in acceptance. “They probably just expect you and Nymphaea to show up, to be honest… However, it is viewed as rude not to invite the whole thing… If that makes sense.”

Nymph looked up at Belle as she finished speaking and thought about it. “To have a summons it means all five queens have to agree to it.” She took a long stick that Belle had nearby and started to draw five symbols into the dirt. Each one was a common symbol for an element. “It NEVER happens because the youngest sister Toya never wants anything to do with her responsibilities besides the military. She hates dresses. She hates political decisions. She especially hates dealing with things that appear to be too much… So if I had to guess Toya was the one who wanted this. For what I don’t know but for her to even agree to this…”

“It’s rare… The last meeting we had her husband had her over his shoulder. Toya never wanted this but Arri’s rules are in stone. Our rulers are not picked by the people but by the magic of Sularia. Toya was the chosen and she would be made to do it. She fights back whenever she can… She is an interesting mother-in-law.” Belle blushed a bit. “Soon… to be… Mother-in-law.” She said it softly as she blushed. “She is a good woman though.”

“Mother is your ally though. She likes you very much so. She knew we were exchanging letters… but for who blabbed… It was probably Yeva. She doesn’t know any better.” Nymph sighed a bit as she fought the pain some more. “For the reason… There could be millions. I’m not too sure myself.”

Belle nodded to Cole as soon as he wanted to move her. “One moment.” Belle put her fingers in her lips and did several whistles some were short. Some were long. There was a long pause before there was howling in the distance. It was a good long ways off but it was loud enough for Belle to hear it and blush.

“Aw how cute… Dog boy is with you. Didn’t think Toya let him off his leash.” Nymph chuckled a bit as Belle helped her up. "What did he say that turns you red?"

“He didn’t want me making the long trip by myself down here. He is hunting in the Plains. For the record, Toya disowned him for two days when she found out we were planning our relationship.” Belle blushed a bit more. “But Toya was only mad at my mother… She likes me. So he was let back into the house. And for the record, it is none of your business but he told me he loves me.”

Once they got her into the bedroom Belle went about setting things up. “If you want to help her out more… I would rub her down with this,” the healer handed Cole some oils. “It is a special oil that neutralizes even the best poison. It might help dissolve it. I have the boundaries set up so it can’t spread so even if recedes a little it will be fine by itself. She just never sits still enough for me to do the treatment but it appears you’ve tamed our young tigeress.” Belle chuckled a bit.

Cole

Character Info
Name: Cole Cocidius
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith Fused
Silver: 1200
His expression was softened only when it was upon Nymph. Cole listened, but made no comments as Belle and Nymph spoke of the summons. The potential for the meeting to go sideways was rather high considering neither of the couple did well with crowds or seats of power. They would, of course, do as instructed to make their own lives easier. If the Queens were as powerful as was described then there was no getting around it. The only reason that Cole wished to deal with the outside world was for the sake of being in it with Nymph. If this would allow him to be with her, then he would do it.

He was reassured that Lily was an ally of his. When they had first met it had gone well despite the state he had returned her daughter in. “This will be figured out…together.” The hunter stood up and with Belle’s help they were able to get Nymph in his arms comfortably. He knew that she was not one to accept help easily, but he was crediting their relationship to her not struggling against being held as she was. Cole adjusted her slightly to hold her closer to his chest and allow her head to rest upon his shoulder. Gray eyes watched as Uial left without another word leaving her lips. There was much she was to consider.

Belle and Cole made their way through the village to a building that was not too far from the towering great hall. A wall surrounded it as it belonged to the council and their families. Only a select few were allowed to reside within. Guards were stationed at all entry points. As Cole carried his partner through the front, there was not so well hidden looks of surprise that a woman was being brought in by the closed-off heir. The expression on his face directed at them over Nymph’s head made them quickly bow and divert their gaze. “My quarters are in the higher levels,” the hunter spoke to Belle.

Making it up the front stairs and then into the main entry, Cole motioned to another set of stairs that were before them that went in two different directions. With little effort he carried his love to his room that was much larger than many would have expected for someone as quiet and level headed as Cole. He was careful as he placed her upon his large bed and settled her on the pillows. Before standing up straight to receive instructions from the healer he brushed his fingers through Nymph’s hair. “You will get some good rest her, my heart.” He turned his gaze to Belle and extended a hand for the oil. “I will make sure this is applied as directed.”

Cole allowed himself a small smile for the other Rosenite before sitting on the edge of the bed. There he poured some of the oil directly to her skin. Gently he massaged the essentials into her injuries to help the healing process. “Get some sleep. You will need your strength gathered before we can make the journey for this summit before your family. The survival for us has been had within my territory. Now we must get prepared for yours.”

The young warrior leaned down and placed a lingering kiss upon her exposed shoulder. “Rest now.”

((Closing post for this thread!!))