Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Meeting the Family (p.r)
Cole

Character Info
Name: Cole Cocidius
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith Fused
Class: Demon Hunter
Silver: 1200
The demon hunter Cole Coccidus was never nervous; except for that particular day. In waves he would take calming breathes as he and his beloved rode their steeds closer and closer to his hidden home village. Hand gently pet the strong neck of his silver unicorn, Isilme as he rode beside Nymph and her horse. She was more excited than nervous from what he could tell. Cole was doing his utter best to keep his outward expression calm in order to not worry his lady. After all that had transpired between the pair, he felt it was time to bring her home to meet the clan. Nymph was more than eager to meet his family, whom she knew relatively little about. There was not much that he was allowed to disclose to outsiders. With the introduction of her to the clan elders that would bring her out of that classification.

“Nymph. I need to give you some instructions for today. We will be entering the village today…” Cole’s words trailed off as he attempted to phrase his words carefully. “My clan…they are different from your’s. They are traditional. As in, very set in their ways. I am supposed to ‘stay’ within the clan when it comes to lovers. There were those that I was to choose from.” He reached out his deeply tanned hand to grasp her’s. “Obviously, I have made other decisions.” Isilme shifted closer in her walking pattern to be touching her side with the other horse to keep her master and mate tightly together.

“We will make our way to the Great Hall first to give our greetings to the elders and the council. It is there the clan leader will be for us to make our declaration. That is the most important part of it all. We must get her approval.” Cole softened his features and attempted to hide his nerves. “If you are still up for this.”

The trail had turned steep as they made their way into the hidden path of the mountains. Only the skilled and of the blood would have the capability to find the village without a guide. Cole had released the hand of his beloved as they moved further up the path. He clenched his jaw while feeling the presence Watchers. Eyes changed from their normal gray to a sudden gold. Agitation had overtaken the feeling of nerves. “Keep close to me,” he spoke beneath his breath. He flashed her a smile that was only saved for her.

The deep cut path opened up to a valley accessible only by air or the heavily protected path. Few would believe that such a village existed, but the doubtful would have been wrong. The walls of the mountains opened into a large bowl configuration that sheltered beautifully constructed buildings that housed the old clan. The orientation had a feel of the orient that was only accented with the inhabitants. Long kimonos were donned if they were not in armor. Children ran around playing various games, which many entailed some form of practice for future fighting techniques. Everyone was happy in their quarantined lives from the rest of the world.

As the pair followed the well-maintained stone path, clan members halted their lives to watch them pass. A few grabbed one another to whisper of the new arrival. Cole was used to this when he would come home, but this time it was moving in faster waves and in more depth. “Do not pay attention to any of them. Truly, keep your head forward and give them no attention. They are below.” The hunter knew that Nymph would understand what his meaning was. She was of royal blood in the outside world, and he would make sure they knew she was the better. They would fall in line with his wishes.

Crossing a few bridges to reach the center of the village where the Great Hall stood. Great waterfalls fell into the valley from above to create flowing rivers and a lake to provide for the clans needs. Cole dismounted from the unicorns back and hand the reins off to a boy that had run up eagerly to aid. Golden eyes looked up at the tall stairs where he found the clan leader already standing in wait. Her long black hair was bound in a single black tie. Arms were crossed over her chest as she watched the pair below stand with the other. Her kimono was of pure white with a deep green sash wrapped around her waist. “We will be fine. Nymph you will be wonderful….do you have your sword?”

Nymph

Character Info
Name: Nymphaea Rose
Alignment: CN
Race: Rosenite/Demon
Silver: 1398
Nymphaea was actually dressed a bit nicer than she was most days. She was wearing a nice off-shoulder white shirt with a black corset. It looked very new as if she had never even tried it on before that moment. Her brown hair was brushed and actually manageable in that moment as it cascaded down in perfect curls. Her brown eyes turned to Cole as if he had said something funny. Different cultures were just that different. “Don’t worry about me worrying about fitting in. I don’t exactly fit in back home.” She gave him a wink. Taking his hand in hers she lifted it up and kissed the backside of his hand delicately.

Her steed was a noble nightmare of Sularia. The prized breed of horse that Sularia was known for. It had a brilliant flaming mane and dark as night fur. It was obedient and proud.

“It’s going to take a lot more than some fancy traditions to scare me, Cole. I’m still up for it and other things I promise.” She leaned across and kissed his cheek. “Besides I got a handle on myself a lot more than I used to.”

Once they were ready to separate she took the reigns of her horse in full. She would need to be on her best behavior if she was going to pass this trial. Nymphaea returned the smile briefly herself as her eyes looked around her horse staying close to her lover’s. She waved her hand at Cole to show she wasn’t worried. “I live in the land of gossip and nobility. I am not worried nor bothered.” She whispered it but most of it was just her mouth moving so she could be respectful, however, she did as he asked and kept her eyes forward.

Cole’s homeland was beautiful compared to a lot of places that she had been. She threw herself over the horse and took an apple out of the saddle. A Rosenite phrase left her lips and the horse took a bow as did she. Both proud creatures as the Nightmare took the apple from her hand. Handing the reigns off she smirked, “He is intimidating but you take him like this. Proud creatures.” She grabbed the reigns roughly and took a look into the Nightmare’s eyes. “You will behave. No running amuck like you did back in Mamlak.” The Nightmare gave her a noise that sounded displeased but she handed the reigns off. “He will behave for you.”

Nymph’s eyes followed Cole’s as she looked up at every. “Always. You know I can’t leave home without it…” There was disgruntled noise from the sheath but Nymph slapped it hard. “Hush.” They were led inside following the clan leader and council. She tried her best not to have her eyes wander too much because she found it rude.

That was when everything went from sorta normal to weird but alright. Cole stepped off to the side and she felt it coming before she saw it. “Ah hell,” it left her lips.

“ABOMINATION.”

“Yes. Yes. Child of Yaeger. Death to the Impure. Bastard Demon Child. What else is new with your type.” But it had her ankle as she was yanked up. Nymphaea’s arms were crossed and she had a look on her face that was of a displeased nature. The shadow demon as it was… stood very high in the building almost to the ceiling. She was calm as it opened its mouth to eat her. “Your breath smells like you’ve been eating eight-week-old chicken shit.”

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOMINATION.”

“I actually quite like the sound of my own voice… but thank you for the suggestion.” It was almost like an instant movement where she didn’t have the sword but then she did. A brilliant flame burst and for a moment there was smoke from it. When it cleared she was floating there in demonic armor with wings but hellfire. “I really don’t have time to play with you today.”

The demon’s arm was writhing on the floor below her from where she had gotten loose. “Stupid wretched half demon.”

“That’s a new one,” they were locked in combat for a bit. She figured this all had to do with what was expected of her. It just so happened they had selected the demon that hated her the most. Finally, after a good bit, she managed to get close, what looked to be too close as the demon swung its remaining claw up to hit her. It looked like it was going to when Nymphaea pressed the sword into a special spot of the demon before utter a single word, though it was unclear just what that word was. The demon’s body erupted into hellfire.

The armor turned back into her clothes as she dropped down and rolled. “What the hell old man,” Nymph roared at the sword.

“You caught yourself did you not, Girl?”

“Stop calling me that…” It was more of a whisper as she got up to retrieve her sheath.

“That’s unnecessary.”

“You’re unnecessary. Look can we just not do this right now? Please?” She slammed the sword into its sheath as she went back over and ran her foot over a scorch mark. “Damn… I am sorry about your floor. I over-killed it again. I still haven’t quite got the hang of the new armor just yet while wielding Yaeger.” She bowed to the council.

Cole

Character Info
Cole knew that Nymph was stronger than what others would give her credit for. Within her home they knew her as a partier and ready to jump into the hectic lifestyle. The hunter had seen another side of her, and had the confidence that she would put on quite a show for her clan. If anyone could pull this off it would be her. Even with that confidence he worried about what would be in store for them once in front of the full council. Their leader had a tendency to be known for being unpredictable. Cole could only hope that she would go easy on Nymph as well as himself. It would be an act of the gods to bring about a pleasant end to this meeting.

Demon hunter felt his muscles tense as he felt the eyes upon him from the top of the staircase before the pair. Golden eyes met the intense brown ones of the council leader that gazed down at the lovers. Her scrutiny sent a chill down his spine that Cole made sure did not show outwardly. Eye contact was broken when Nymph joined at his side. Yeager made his usual noises of annoyance from his sheath, but it was quickly dealt with. “Whatever is to happen, remain on your guard constantly. Do not allow anyone to stare you down. If they decide to speak ill, do not allow them to get to you. Nothing they say is meant to bring comfort. It is all a test,” he warned her as they made their way up the steep staircase.

Large red double doors were open to the Great Hall. Details were etched and painted into every surface. Cole lightly touched the tip of his lover’s hand before turning to the left side of the room to stand with the others. Lite candles felt as if they had dimmed, shadowing the room. The massive doors slammed closed in a loud thump to allow for no light from the outside to help their sight. Cole glanced at the very end of the room to see the council leader sitting upon her seat of honor. Leg was crossed over the other as she watched with what he could only describe as contempt. She was not pleased that her master hunter had brought home an outsider.

He did not let his gaze to linger as the demon had appeared to taunt Nymph. The hunter knew that she had increased her skills over the years, but it did not stop him from being nervous. There was only the hope that it had not been a rage demon selected for the test. As the fight took place, the hall remained silent beside the pair in battle. Cole did not allow his head to turn to look at the reactions from the council members. They did not even both to whisper to one another as they usually did with the apprentices during their trial.

It was only a short work for the demon to have an end brought about. Cole took a soft inhale, though careful no one realized it had been in relief. He crossed the distance between them to join Nymph and smiled down at her with pride and love. “You did well. Do not worry about the floor. Come.” He grabbed her hand and walked her to the end of the large hall to be a few yards away from the leader. “Council Leader Uial, I present Nymphaea. She is my selection.” His voice had no emotion in it. He was making his intention clear and there would be no questioning that he would accept.

Uial tilted her head to the side while looking the pair up and down. “Oh, brother dear. You bring someone we have no knowledge of except for what rumors we could dig up. She dealt with the demon yes, but there seems to be a difficulty in controlling a sword and armor.” The woman clicked her tongue while in a graceful move stood up. She had a grin upon her face that did not have a welcoming intent. “I don’t understand why you could not give me the courtesy of giving me more notice. You bring Nymph, is it? You bring this young woman to the council in a presentation and yet you have not reached out prior besides a short note. I have prospects lined up for you to continue our tradition. Have you even told this young warrior of what the expectations would be? That any children produced of this union would be heirs locked to the clan?” Uial had walked to the pair of them and moved her gaze from her brother to his lover. “Does she not have a rather royal family of her own that would have expectations for any progenies?”

It was then that the elders of the council began to murmur amongst themselves. Uial glared fiercely at each that quickly brought silence. “Out! This will be a conversation between my brother and this woman.” Much time was not taken for the hall to clear from the others. “Now, a serious conversation has to be had. Futures are at stake and you two must be absolutely sure before I will allow this.”

Nymph

Character Info
Nymphaea’s gaze was much more in control then normal. She wanted to challenge everyone gawking at her but she knew she could not. It would not be in her best interest nor Cole’s if she were to step one foot out of line. The demonic blood in her wanted a challenge but she had to keep cool. Her fingers started to twitch at her side at one point and she forced them to stop. She was excited.

When she slayed that demon her blood was on fire, almost visibly the way her skin held an odd glow to it. It was perhaps the only thing that her mother’s blood had given her. It wasn’t super bright in the dimmed light but it was a warm soft light that echoed from her skin. She returned Cole’s look with a smirk but she didn’t let the others see it. Her fingers were now twitching in Cole’s hand but it would fine she thought if he knew.

It was weird being the subject of one’s studying as the group looked her over. Normally she was completely avoided for things of this nature. Of course, the leader had seen that she hadn’t mastered the sword and armor just yet. It was still relatively new but she still needed practice with it and was told never to not use it until she could do it efficiently.

After the room had been cleared Nymph put her hand up on sword. It wasn’t in a defensive manner but more so it looked like she was keeping it shut. The sword itself tried to shimmy its way open only for Nymphaea to shut it repeatedly. “Not now,” Nymph’s words were deadly but it was directed at the sword.

“The sword is called Yaeger. He was one the king of the Shadow Demons. The highest ranking one in the North. He brought ruin and disaster wherever he went. He is also my father. We are not on the best of terms but he agrees to help and I’ve only had him in my possession for five years now. He is a living weapon for demon slaying crafted by the best Sularia Blacksmith. The armor is new and if I hadn’t used it, I would have gotten a talking to later. She always knows when I don’t do something she’s asked me to do so I apologize for that.” Nymphaea was confident in her words but there was uncertainy as well but not about the situation.

“Nobility doesn’t describe what I’m involved with. I am the second child of the Lady of Light Lily, Queen of the Yellow Court. I am not in line to get my mother’s throne nor do I possess the power to get it… Nor does the power want me. I am free to do as I wish as long as I do not bring dishonor to my court. The power of our court completely has abandoned my blood ever since I was born. It’s true he hasn’t told me any of the expectations but I didn’t ask for them either. I trust him not only in situations like this but also if we were to go out to hunt. Any children I have would not have a say in the Sularian Courts due to the nature of my blood. Maybe if I had been born to one of the darker houses I would but this is the way things are. I do not hold any grudges against my family for they do not set the rules they only live by them. Our traditions run deep beneath the sands of our existence. If the tradition did not want me then I will forge my own path.”

Her eyes drifted to Cole as she bit her lip for a moment in thought. “I would not have followed Cole here if I was not ready for whatever waited for me when I crossed that gap. My mother has said that I am my own wildfire and not one single person can contain it only guide it. If I absolutely didn’t want this I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t have even left Sularia ground with him.”

Cole

Character Info
He could feel the trembling in her hands as they connected once more. Cole knew that it was due to the excitement of the fight and ignition of her blood. The demon would have called to her own demon blood that flowed through her veins. It would not be easy for her to calm, but she was doing well considering. This was an important time for the pair. He was glad to see the smirk upon her face as she was proud of her own doings.

As Uial addressed the battle that had just transpired for all to witness. Cole continued to keep his mouth shut as the observations were made by the leader. Whenever Uial spoke to the masses of the clan, it was her will that ruled all. The rest of the council cleared out with quick manner to leave the three alone to talk in private. Cole turned his head to glance over his shoulder at the last of the elders that were leaving the hall. The last to leave hung back just a moment to make eye contact with the male twin of the powerful hunters. Gray beard was trimmed neatly; a disapproving mouth pull taut beneath the mustache. Cole narrowed his eyes as he lifted his chin to indicate that the elder was to leave without further delay. Though he was not on the Council, Cole was not to be trifled with. None could match his strength save for his twin sister.

His eyes caught the quick moment of his lover to keep Yeager within his sheath. “If he cannot control himself, than I will fashion him a buckle that will never allow him to see the light of day again.” Cole glared down that the blade with disdain. For the time being Yeager had done his duty to fight for Nymph. What agitated him was the thought of when the day would come that the cooperation would come to an end.

Uial walked in a slow paced circle around her brother and mate as she listened to the woman talk. Her hands were followed into the opposite sleeve of her kimono as she pondered the information given to her at the time. “Yes. The Northern Shadows had been quite the annoyance before I had come to my position. Many of our hunters had been routed there over the years. I find it odd and intriguing that you are a product of Yaeger.” Her brown eyes shifted down to the sword at Nymph’s side and could not hide the smirk. “He has become what no demon ever wants: bound and controlled for another’s will. You need more training with him, and he needs to be bound tighter for your skills to increase. We will see if we can get him to fall into line with the help of my blacksmiths. There are demon blades that are utilized here in the village.”

Cole felt his chest loosen as he began to relax. The two women were talking quite easily. This meant his blood pressure would come back to a normal reading. What brought his blood pressure back up was the conversation had turned to that of future children. If his skin had not been as dark as it were, the heat in his face would have been visible. “I do not think the discussion of children needs to be had between the two of you. That is not one that Nymph or I have had yet…if it is something to come to pass.” Uial laughed immediately as she recognized the fluster. She had a tendency to do that to her twin.

She paid no heed to his opposition and continued on with the conversation. “You cannot convince me that the Rosenites are not royalty…and not what you are a part of….but I do understand what you are saying. Many do not approve of such bloodlines.” The leader moved back to her throne and sat down to cross her legs once more elegantly. With a sweep of her hand, two stone chairs formed from the ground for the pair to sit. Cole waited for his mate to sit before he took one himself. “Your children will be fused with demons to bring them the ability to hunt. You say that you are ready for what comes with this clan, but Jiyu Clan is a proud and dangerous one. If you can accept this life, than I will be the one to watch carefully.” She leaned on the arm rest of her throne and smirked with a mischievous gaze at her brother. “He has not brought anyone home before.”

Nymph

Character Info
“The Northern Shadows lost a lot of strength twenty years ago.” It was a somber thing to think about. “He found himself in a tavern in Adeluna and that’s where the story of my parents started. My mother is more of a socialite and the room gravitates towards her when she is around. Not even Yaeger could say no to her. She was the one who killed Yaeger and sealed him. The reason why he will cooperate with me is not only because I am his child but because he does love my mother. He attempted to kill me in the womb to save her but Rosenite culture is strict and children come first. My mother is strong and she singlehandedly brought him down while carrying me.” Nymph admired her mother. “He will never betray her.”

She rubbed the back of her neck as she thought about it. “He isn’t trying to misbehave as much as he is embarrassing me. He wants to tell you how strong I am and how lucky Cole is. He’s been trying and he’s expressed endless times how proud of me he is. A lot changed when Cole left me in Sularia. A lot also stayed the same. The armor is the one reason why we are not in sync right now. I got myself into trouble.” Her eyes drifted to Cole and for a minute she struggled with her words.

“I was part of the war against my aunt for the first three months. By the third month, we were ambushed out in the desert and I made the active decision to save my squad over myself. Luzil are extremely poisonous creatures and one of the only things that can kill a Rosenite with a potent poison.” She reached up and grabbed her shoulder. “I’ve been hiding it from Cole because I know he would be worried. The armor keeps the poison from spreading. I’ll be in treatment for the next few years as they slowly take it out and keep it isolated. I don’t want miscommunication… I know our teamwork isn’t the greatest but it isn’t Yaeger’s fault this time. I did my job though and I got my squad home safe. I can barely remember getting home. Apparently, I was half dead by the time the healers got to me. It’s why I was grounded to Sularia.”

She blinked a few times but shrugged. “Rosenites live and die by the sword. We save numbers in exchange for one life if we have to and those of us that die that way are memorialized. It’s just the way our culture is. I just didn’t want to worry Cole and I was going to tell him when it was time for my treatment again which is soon. I knew he wouldn’t take me out of Sularia if he knew.”

However, once the situation moved to children she laughed a bit. “Cole, once you hang around with Rosenites long enough you get used to the children talk fast. It will be interesting for you to meet the rest of my family.” She recognized his fluster just as easily as his sister did. She winked at him before his sister picked back up the conversation once more. “Oh no they are royalty but I do not consider myself to be part of their caliber. I’m sorry if I made it said any other way.”

Nymphaea moved a hand to her hip off the sword now as she had an amused look on her face as the last yet set of words. “I mean what I say but as for your brother… He comes off as quite the ass it isn’t that hard for me to believe he has never brought someone home before. He’s just lucky I’m very stubborn.”

Her eyes flickered to behind them and she turned just a bit. “One of us just crossed the boundary into the village. By one of us… I mean one of my cousins.” She looked amused. “Looks like I can get my treatment here. I bet she’s already realized I’m here as well.”

Cole

Character Info
The Council Leader raised a brow and lifted her chin as Nymph spoke of the demons. It had always been on their clan’s radar, but the time frame that was being conversed about seemed correct with her studies. The twins had only been three at the time when the Northern Shadows had finally been removed from Jiyu’s constant annoyance. It made sense since the Yeagar had been contained by the girl’s mother. The strength to pull off such a feat was immense. To do that while pregnant at the same time was even more admirable. “She sounds like she would have fit in well with the rest of the hunters here,” Uial mused with a laugh. She waved her hand delicately and an apple appeared in her hand. “Are either of you hungry?” The apple was offered to the pair, though Cole declined. He was still in business mode, and could not consider to eat until they were resting in their quarters.

Cole remained silent as Nymph explained how she had come to be ‘grounded’ in Sularia during the war that had raged within her family. His face seemed as if it were chiseled from stone. No expression crossed his face. He could not think about the injuries that had come to Nymph, let alone the necessity of continued treatment. The demon hunter was not known for being able to express his emotions. He was the kind to keep them bottled up within himself until they hopefully dissipated. At the moment Cole wished that he had been there for her battles and take the ones responsible down. He could not promise that he would not find them later and bring an end to their lives for what had happened. Time had passed since then, but frankly he did not care. The only way to tell that he was agitated was the flexing of his jaw muscles while he clenched his teeth together.

His eyes remained the golden hue and would remain so until he had his emotions to an actual even status. He sat silently, though as when Nymph spoke of how he would not have let her leave Sularia, well Cole nodded in agreement. There was no chance he would have allowed her to leave where the treatments would be readily available. If poison was still present within her…then Cole would be on edge for the next few years.

Uial was just as amused as Nymph was with Cole’s reaction to the offspring conversation. The sister had been meant to already have had children, but with the death of her husband there was a halt to those plans. The next on the docket was for Cole to create children. It would be the only way to keep the council pleased as well as keep the Clan calm with the future of the leadership. “Well, if we do not have to be concerned with the sharing of the future children with another line, than we should be fine then. They will be part of this lineage and we cannot afford to share.” She was serious, but also amused by the entire conversation since it made her twin so uncomfortable.

The male hunter frowned at his lover and then his sister. “This has been less than ideal for me, it seems,” he commented while standing up from his seat. Cole walked over to one of the pedestals that held a ceremonial hunter’s mask. “This ass seems to need some air from the pair of you.” He was frowning deeply on the each of them. His train of thought halted as Nymph mentioned the arrival of another Rosenite. “Do you need to get a treatment now? Who is here?”

The female twin finally stood from her throne and it melded back into the stone floor. “If one of your own has arrived, then let us go greet them. And If we can get you treatment….we should get that handled as well.”

Nymph

Character Info
“I’ll eat when Cole does.” She bowed softly to his sister more out of respect. “However, should things with Cole and I progress you will be meeting my family. Weddings for Rosenites are special and rarely happen. I suppose that meeting my family is an adventure all by itself.”

There was a heavy wave of relief for Nymph as his sister continued to speak. Everything seemed to be going well enough in her mind. Her hand for firmly placed back on her hip as Cole spoke. There was a smirk on her lips as he commented on him being an ass. “Air is good for just about everyone even an ass like yourself.” The situation was stressful, to say the least.

“I don’t know which one but I had to take a guess at what Rose was wandering into a village like this one… I would say a merchant or a healer. I’m going to take a stab and say healer on this one. I’m fairly certain it’s Belle. I’m not due for another treatment for a week or so but if I get it early it won’t hurt much.”

The walk down was a bit weird but Nymph got the courage to kiss the side of Cole’s face. “Don’t worry about the treatment. I know it bothers you even if it doesn’t show.” She gave a smile to him and gripped his hand lightly.

There was a line of people waiting to be seen by what looked like a slightly taller Rosenite. She was a gorgeous woman with long blonde hair. Her eyes were like sapphires with silver around the pupil of them. She was curvaceous and had all the assets that Nymph seemed to be missing. Her tanned skin was glowing even in this light. It didn’t matter what the beauty was wearing even if it was a set of healing robes. “A moment of your time Your Highness.” Nymph called out.

”Tsk. Nymphaea Rose, you can wait right there. I am still sore with you.”

“About what? I just said you smelled like dog… Which by the way you smell like wet dog today.” There was an object launched at Nymph and she nimbly caught it. “It’s a compliment, Belle. It means your relationship is going well… Oh hey, this is part of the healing k-”

“Healing kit to heal you. Shut up and wait your turn.” There was a noise of being displeased from Belle as she finished checking everyone up and finally pulled a stool over for Nymph. “Sit down and take off your shirt.”

“Whatever,” Nymph wasn’t shy as she undid the corset and threw off the white shirt. She had bandages around her bust anyways. She hopped up onto the stool and moved her hair. “Is this going to hurt like last time?”

Belle was silent at first before she smacked the ever loving hell out Nymph’s right shoulder. Nymph let out a gasp at first before she screamed bloody murder. “That is for saying I smell like a wet dog Nymphaea.” Nymph let out a hiss at her cousin who just smacked her again. There were a few magic words as the glamor on Nymph’s skin fell.

Her entire right shoulder was one giant off shade scar but that wasn’t the unsettling part. There were giant purplish black blotches all over it that let off a poisonous aura. “I released the seal so we can look at it. You lot can come closer and see just what we had to put up with. This is Luzil poison.” Her skin where it wasn’t treated looked like it was trying to decay but there were special marks put so the poison had a hard time spreading. “She’s lucky she didn’t lose her arm. We would have normally taken it clean off but my mother decided to come up with a treatment plan. It appears to be working.”

Belle took her hands and put it over one of the splotches. “We have to extract the poison slowly and allow her body’s natural healing to kick back in. It will leave a scar when we are done but it is better than the alternative.” She took a deep breath as her hand let out a soft glow. There were small amounts of poison that came from Nymphaea’s shoulder. “Gods they bit you rather good. How many bit you?”

Nymphaea was silent for a moment as she looked at Cole. “Three of them.” She choked it out. “I managed to get two off and that was the best of the wounds… the last one had its fangs deep in my shoulder. The bites have healed it's just the poison that hasn’t.” Belle got some kind of magic dust and began to inscribe on Nymph’s back in different places. “It’s a lot like the formula used on the barriers in Varaz and Komiteia on the other continent. It will keep the poison locked in place as long as she doesn’t stress her magic reserves.”

“Which is why I have the armor.” Nymph went to roll her shoulder out of habit and Belle hit her again.

“Stop moving.” Belle held her good shoulder steady as she drew. “We’ve lost so many to the Luzil. We thought we eradicated all of them but once in a while we find more out in the desert. They are Rosenite infected with a plague. This won’t just kill Nymphaea, it will make her one of them. It’s more like a disease that affects our people. Created by our aunt for war. A way for her to get an army to destroy us without her having to do much work.” Belle did a few last adjustments. “That’s it. You’re done. Next month just send me a message. I can meet you wherever you need it.”

Nymph picked her shirt up as she let out a hiss at her flesh that now had smoke coming from the magic that Belle had done. “God this shit burns. If she wasn’t already dead I would kill her myself. But… Introductions I guess,” Nymphaea got through the pain. “This is my cousin Belle, Child of the Earth Maiden. You might know her mother as Angela or the Mother. This is Cole and his sister. Forgive me right now I can’t… think straight.” She rubbed her head as she put it in between her legs. Belle rubbed her back and bit and smiled up at them.

“It’s a pleasure really. I’ve been coming to this village and helping treatments since I was done with my training.”

Cole

Character Info
The male hunter had made inward assumptions that the potential for the conversation would go the way that it was. What agitated him was that the conversation was about the future of two people that were still relatively new in their relationship. With the families that they belonged to, neither would have much choice when it came to how they would progress from there. Too much rode on the pair for both clans involved. Cole knew that there was no stopping this particular train of thought, but he could only hope that pity would be taken upon him from his sister. Nymph did not seem to be against the concept of a marriage. He just did not know what it all would mean if they were bonded. What if they did have children? Those children would have expectations on them even while still in the womb. The pain that the Jiyu clan’s ritual put the children demon hunters through…the idea of putting his own children through that was a difficult thought. Then the trains and sheer normal dangers of their future occupations. This did not include any of the Rosenites and their traditions.

Cole did not continue speaking as the three of them headed out of the Great Hall. He thought over all that had been brought to light. A treatment early could be good for the Rosenite, but he also wanted to see exactly what had happened to her. This would be an opportunity for him to learn about this poison as well as how it would be treated. He allowed himself to glance down at Nymph as they walked down the high set of steps to the main level. A kissed was placed on his cheek, which in turn made him finally look down at her. His stone features eventually softened as she had seen through him easily. Cole gripped her hand in return and laced his fingers with her smaller ones.

The Council leader was unusually quiet, but Cole could tell that his sister was already back into her closed off state. It was only behind closed doors would he get to see his true sister. She was now the Leader once more. Clan members bowed respectfully and stepped back as the three made their way towards the healer that was working on some of the locals. Uial’s brown eyes narrowed at the line that had formed, and the woman that was working on her people. Without saying a word, she turned and left towards one of the nearby buildings. Cole knew that even if he attempted to call out to her, he would be ignored.

Two Rosenites interacted with obvious familiarity. Cole did not want to interrupt. Patiently he waited in silence with arms crossed over his broad chest. He watched carefully. Though it was a cousin, Cole trusted no one with Nymph. The hunter flashed a glare at those that lingered in the area as Nymph began to remove her clothing for further inspection. Immediately, people scattered to keep away from the wrath of Cole. Jaw clenched as his girlfriend cried out in pain. His eyes flashed at Belle though he said nothing. She was a family member, but she was still a guest within the valley. If she continued to cause Nymph pain even in joking he would have bar her from coming back. Cole did not care if it was petty. The hunter was overly protective and did not mind the title of being so.

Lips were wetted as he finally witnessed the shaded scar that colored Nymph’s shoulder. “You should not have hidden that from me,” he mused to his lover. “I need to know these things in order to take care of you better.” He listened to the story give about the poison and how it had come around. As the treatment went forward, Cole was quick to be at Nymph’s side and held her hand tightly as well as carefully. Few ever had been allowed to see the gentle side of the demon hunter.

With the treatment over, Nymph attempted to redress. He helped put the shirt back on, and kneeled beside her with a concerned expression. His face looked up from her below and pushed back her hair. “You doing well? Do you need anything?” Uial had reappeared, though she remained silent. Cole merely glanced up at Belle and nodded his head in greeting. At the moment his attention would remain on Nymph until she was well enough. Cole gently pet the back of her head while waiting for his love to get herself back into proper assortments.

The leader of the clan was quiet for a moment before nodding at Belle. “Yes, I know of you. I make certain to know all of those that pass into my village. You have quite the skills and do well with my villagers. It is appreciated to have the help with the commons. We tend to become overly busy with the hunters as they return.”

Nymph

Character Info
Belle looked up at Cole and back down at Nymph. “Please don’t think I am hurting my cousin to be an asshole. The nerves in her shoulder… Right here,” She started to draw with her fingers on Nymph’s back. “Right here…. And right here… They are all damaged. To heal them you use forced mana and apply it to the back. Because of Nymph’s high pain tolerance, I have to smack her a bit because her mana veins don’t take it easily. She can stop saying I smell like a dog though. The dog has a name.” Nymph gave a smirk.

“Belle is with our cousin Jayden who is a prince of the House of Flame. Belle might very well be Consort of the King someday should Jayden be named the heir. It makes her very important. Jayden is a half werewolf so she often smells like a dog… At least to my nose.” Her nose was sensitive thanks to the demon blood but she also knew it bothered Belle.

There was a look on Nymphaea’s face for a moment as she looked up at Cole. “No one has ever wanted to take care of me but family and even that’s been limited. I am used to taking care of myself. While I didn’t tell you about the treatment it certainly did slip my mind to tell you that I was this wounded. I did tell you I had scars though back when you showed up in Sularia.” She knew it was no excuse as she took his hand and held it for the rest of her treatment.

Nymphaea was sweating quite a bit as her body shuddered when he touched her. “Yeah, a shot of whiskey.”

“That isn’t going to help Nymphaea.” Belle was stern with her. “Just as stubborn as Aunt Toya. You would think you and her were mother and daughter. “You need to start listening better. You were ordered to take a rest and instead, you decided to help rebuild one of the towns. You were ordered to rest yet again and you decided to ask Lotus for lessons on how to fight better. Every time you have been told to rest you have not. That is the reason why it’s taking so long.”

“I’ll rest when I’m dead. I hate being restless.” Nymphaea snapped up at Belle who seemed a bit startled.

“Well, you are going TO BE dead if you don’t start to listen. You are utterly stubborn and too job dependent. Actually, that is a good job for Cole to do… Make her relax. She thinks she owes someone for her existence and she doesn’t. If she doesn’t start to listen soon Mother will take over instead of my circle of healers. Mother will tie you to a bed and not let you up until you are healed.” Belle let out a concerned sigh as she rubbed Nymphaea’s back now.

Belle bowed softly to his sister and smiled. “I learned from the best healer in the land. It is my honor to help those who need it. I may be young but I taught in the field instead of by books. My mother says field experience is invaluable.”

Nymph shuddered a bit more as she put her forehead to Cole’s as she tried to get a grip on herself. “Speaking of your mother…” There was a song that filled the air now as a phoenix of rainbow flew around them.

Belle put out her arm. “Arcus here.” The bird landed on her arm and squawked at her. Untying a letter from him the bird wasted no time flying off in the direction it had come from. “It’s not like her to send a letter this far.” She broke the wax seal and opened it. “Oh… Nymph… How many people knew about you leaving with Cole?”

“Mother… Yeva? Probably Rowan.” Nymph got herself together enough to answer. “Why?”

“The Queens are holding a summons to evaluate Cole. This is an invitation for the Jiyu Clan… and to inform you both that you will present each other in front of them. In other words, someone talked a lot.”

“They don’t ever do a summons like this. What the hell,” now Nymph was upset again. “Can’t I just do what I want for once?”

“I don’t have the answers for you… Not even Jayden and I had to do something like this. Or Aellie and Christian even. It might just be an excuse for a party but I can’t see them inviting the entire clan for this… Furthermore, Mother let Arcus out of the temple just to send it.” Belle mused a bit as she looked over at Cole’s sister to Cole. “This is a huge deal.”

“They don’t get along long enough to sit together in one room.”

“No, all of them get along fine it’s just Toya that starts issues…” Belle sounded concerned. “But this says all of them will be present. This is the next kicker… This isn’t the only invitation sent out.” Belle looked over the paper. “It looks like they invited most of our family too. I don’t know what you did Nymphaea but you caught their attention.”

“What if I refuse?”

“Do you really want to go that route? You know they get what they want. At the least, they want you and Cole there. Don’t make this hard on Cole. When the queens do a summons people listen one way or another. That’s not a threat… It’s just very rare and considered an honor.” Belle held up her hand to elaborate.

“How many days until the summons?”

“You got a month… It looks like.” Belle handed the parchment off to Cole. “It will be a formal party. These things normally are.”

"One more thing… Is Grandmother going to be there?" Nymph's voice changed just a bit thinking about it. Was it fear?

"If she is… That is one hell of an honor that you and Cole better pay your respects to." Belle warned just a bit. "She is the very first Rosenite. The Empress of the lands of Arri. Her word is law. If she makes an appearance… Well, that would mean it is a very special or serious occasion. She didn't even show up when Lucian was named heir to the Earth."

Nymph looked up at Cole for a few minutes before she bit her lip. "What do you want to do? It doesn't sound like we got much of a choice at all."