Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Out of the Woods [O][No Limit]
ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
All Elowen could do was stare in wide-eyed panic as Randal boldly approached the clearing. Was he mad? Did he have a death wish? She didn't have time to worry too much, however, as the mage was directly attacked by a large wolf. "No!" she squeaked out, terrified for him, but was taken aback when he managed to subdue the beast. A man… something appeared when he did it, though she couldn't tell what exactly it was. She just felt cold dread upon viewing it. "What was that?" asked the Dryad, suddenly very worried. 

Before she could get a straight answer, the plant life around them shift. The other predator had arrived, and it sounded unhappy. "Watch out!" Seeing the bear approach Randal from behind, she quickly darted around Qadim and in between the two, morphing her body into a tree to protect the lunatic. He may have been able to hold his own, but an unseen attack could be fatal in these woods. The bear's teeth dug into her back, but her bark acted as an armor, meaning she wouldn't feel it in her current form. 

Qadim

Character Info
Name: Qadim Garakh
Alignment: LE
Race: Orc
Class: Businessman
Silver: 133
Qadim eyes glared at the boy… the wisp the surrounded his body… it was clearly abnormal… spectral even. Was the boy even who he said he was, or did a spirit take over his body? Answers he could not retrieve just yet, though, as the boy left his guard down as he cockily boasted about his ability. One was down, but the other was still unknown. His guard was down as the other predator approached, the Dryad moving in the way to protect him by taking foem of a tree. A natural disguise has forged itself into a defense as the bear fought to get through.

HIs eyes locking into the space between the two, Qadim let his arrow fly, striking the ground with plenty of force to crack the crystal embedded in the arrow tip, causing the arrow to grow unstable and shoot up a spire of ice to split the bear away from the tree. "Get moving, you two!" the elf orc demanded as he fetched a yellow-feathered arrow before shooing it into the leg of the bear. This time, electricity coursed through its body, causing it to stumble, struggling to get up as it flowed through it. Once the pair had gone off, Qadim fired another electric arrow just in case before following the two until they had enough distance from the scene.
Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
After running for a few minutes he quickly turned back to face Elowen "Are you okay?" he quickly questioned leaning down to touch her shoulder before seeing his own breath in the air in front of him and just as his fingers grazed her arm he quickly recoiled it as he saw the thin layer of frost coating his skin, "I'm sorry, this was all my fault we could have just snuck round" he glanced back at the Orc frowning before heading the a bush to pick some herbs and items "It may not be the best apoligy but I can make some balm for the bruise" Edgest floated nearby with almost the same frown on as he spoke suddenly to the boy"It was unavoidable either way this way end with the least casualties"Randal spun round pointing a finger at nothing before shouting"Why couldnt you find a way with none!".

After calming himself down from his outburst he looked at Qadim before saying "Which way now? like you said we cant have many breaks or we won't make it out before two days" before pulling out a book reading instructions on how to mix the berries and strange gel like plant together which took a few minutes before presenting Wen with the bowl and making sure his hand was warm enough to put a small amount on her soon to be bruise, "Any Better?"

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
Elowen was quick to morph out of her tree form, swiftly navigating the dark terrain behind Randal. A bit of frost had covered her shoulder and back, numbing the soreness of the bruise the bear had left. As soon as they stopped, she stared at the mage with a sort of fearful wonder in her eyes. "I will be fine. I–um, just…" The Dryad starggled to find the right words to say, the right questions to ask, but she was more shocked than anything else. She had never seen the type of magic Randal used, but she also hadn't ever encountered someone so reckless. "What did you do?" she muttered quietly. 

Grimacing as he touched her shoulder with the remedy he had made, Wen felt even her own optimism fading. "Thank you, but I can apply it to myself." Without another word, she  took the bowl from his hand and sat down, rubbing the salve onto her back. She watched Randal out of both skepticism and curiosity. From his indications, he had never been through Laeto himself, yet he was able to avoid obstacles easily, and his stunt with the wolf showed a knowing confidence unlike anyone foreign to the rainforest. Gently, she placed the bowl on the ground and leaned her head back against the tree she'd sat next to. Meditation was a practice common to her people that often doubled as a prayer to Mother Angela, and it was something Wen desperately needed to calm herself down.