Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Traversing the Plain
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Name: Pick
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Arcane Trickster
Silver: 274
A weary wood elf emerged from the Laeto Rainforest. He was completely covered with dirt, sweat, and water. His tired eyes rested on the swaying grasses of the Plains of Bohar. In the distance he looked towards the sprawling mountain city of Adeluna. A monastery stood silent within walking distance.

"I'll get there eventually" he said to himself, "but first. I need to rest"

With a deep sigh, he began forward yet again.

You'll have to catch me first.
The_Pasty

Character Info
Name: Tea
Alignment: TG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk, Teaching of the Elements
Silver: 1966
From a short distance to the same monastery, a half-elf is restarting his journey through the world, he was freshly healed by a traveling healer at the temple, given new robes, and full of enthusiasm. A bo staff rested on his shoulders with both his arms wrapped around each side. His was lost in thought until his green eyes caught a glisp of a short figure ahead.

Curiousness got the better of him, so he began paseing to the figure, "Hello there! Are you alright?!" The young half-elf shouted.

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Pick looked up somewhat surprised. Absolutely covered in grime, his hair a tattered mess. 

"Hi, can i rest here? You guys have food?" Pick asked breathing slightly heavy, "its been a long day."

He looked out at the ruin peppered plains again and sunk down to the ground "everything is so much bigger than I thought it was. I didn't pack enough food."

He stands back up, "My name is Pick by the way." He said with a wary smile.

The_Pasty

Character Info
"Oh my, yeah I can take you to the temple, my name is Tea." He said taking one of Picks arms and wrapping around his shoulders.

"Here, borrow my staff, you could use an extra leg." Tea hands his staff to the tires elf. They begin walk, "Unfortunately our traveling healer left yesterday, but we have other methods to heal, it'll just take more time." 

Tea was glad to help, but was nervous to return so shortly after leaving, Master Jiemu not to come back until he learned the rest of the elements, it was part of tradition.

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Pick propped himself up on Tea's staff. "Thank you kindly" he said winded. "I don't think I need healing." He added, "Just rest and food please." Pick turned his eyes to the monastery. "This building is impressive. Looks very old" 

Followed  Tea's lead. He was a tad bit disappointed in himself needing so much help this early on in his travels, but he still attempted to put on a guise of competence.

Besides, he knew what travel was like now, and could better prepare in future. Pick thought maybe he could take advantage of the situation and try to pickpocket the man, but decided that the thievery should probably wait until he reached Adeluna.

The_Pasty

Character Info
As they approach the monastery, Tea explain it was a ruin, "These are the descendants of the monks who opposed The Godslayer, the very few mortals that did." He continued a brief history of temple, saying the monks feared the war was, nearing the end, was a lost cause. They ran to these ruins and discovered in the ancient text a power called chi. It was believed to be a gift from the gods, allowing to do great feats. The art was lost do to magic being a much more effective power. But the monks decided to learn to used chi, they beleive it was the last connection to the gods, for they thought at this point all of them to be dead.

The sunset drew close, but they both were close enough to the gate, safety was guaranteed. Tea gave a sigh of relief, "You were lucky, the local nomads around here are easy to offend, and it wouldn't be wise to do that, on purpose or not." 

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Pick only paid half attention to the half-elf, as he focused on keeping his heavy eyes open. The setting sun reminded him of his family, and for the first time since he began his journey, he missed them.

As they entered the monastery Pick instinctively scanned the place for valuables, things that could go missing easily, etc., but quickly shook the thoughts out of his mind.

"Not now." He thought to himself, "that would be rude."

The thief kept quiet as he was led through the silent, dimly lit, halls of the monastery. Tea was still talking. He didn't know what he was talking about anymore so he just sort of nodded in agreement. 

"You guys aren't gonna make me train like you or anything right?" He says looking at a group of training monks. "Because that looks REAL boring."

The_Pasty

Character Info
Tea cleared his throat hearing this, slightly offended, "Um no, that is an option only you are willing to make." Tea notice Pick still holding his staff as he laid him near a bed. 

"I'd like-", but before Tea could finish his sentence, Master Jiemu entered the room, "Ah, Tea I see you're back already, it hasn't been a day yet." Tea was a little nervous, "I-I am sorry, this elf needed help." Jiemu approached as Tea spoke, "Do not worry, there was a shift in the wind, I'd knew you would come." The Master said with a chuckle.

"Now let me see your hand, young elf."

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Suspicious, Pick reluctantly offered the old monk his free hand while the other loosely held on to Tea's staff.

"What is this? Some kind of palm reading? We did that where I come from." he asked a bit too nonchalant. Master Jiemu didn't respond one way or another to the elf's words, and simply took his hand. 

Pick felt uneasy, and wanted nothing more than to eat, sleep, and leave. He couldn't figure out why, but he felt uneasy around Jiemu.

"Maybe because he's holding my hand" thought Pick. 

There was nothing he could do, but hope whatever  this monk meant to do would end soon.

The_Pasty

Character Info
"Hmm, well Tea, this one means well, please get him some food and water. After he has eaten show him to a bath and bring him to bed." Master Jiemu said after handing Tea's staff and letting go of Pick's hand.

Pick could feel wind passing through his hand where the staff once was, even though they're indoors. As the Master walked away and before he walked out the door He said, "I expect everyrhing to be where it is when you leave, Pick." His tone was stern.

Tea was still uneasy, "He must be mad at me, I shouldn't have come back. Maybe he told me to help Pick as a way of apologizing." He thought to himself. Tea turn to Pick, "Well I'll be back, I am sure we have meats from our hunters, do you want milk or water?"

T. Leaf