Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Nothing Short of a Miracle [R][Open]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
“All hail The Master Artisan of Life!” The cheers were driving Angela into an uncomfortable corner. She was normally just her regular self in the tavern but everyone was celebrating her, celebrating something she… she wasn’t so sure she even did. She took her mug and moved to it to her lips drinking it down. 

“Free for you Miss, that miracle you pulled… That was something else.”

The barkeep had her attention. “Miracle.. Right. Where did it happen again?” She would need to know so she could really check it out.

“Jazel Village, Just outside of Laeto in Bohari. You should see your handy work. People say your magic has the place ablaze.” Not entirely a good thing, it crossed her mind. The cheers continued as people bought her drinks. She refused as she revealed she was only drinking Arriese Rose water. She was pregnant after all.

The patrons laughed and told her that once her son was born they would buy her all the drinks in the land. Angela couldn’t help but feel they knew nothing about the situation. Had the Voice done something with her magic or had she greatly miscalculated something?

Getting up she put her hand on her pregnant belly and moved out of the tavern and into the streets. She had heard about Jazel on her travels. People were avoiding it because of the plague caused by rats and other creatures. There had even been a miasma forming there the last time she checked.

Opening a gate she stepped through and appeared on a hill not far from the village. This was the last place she had stood and watched the carnage. She had promised herself not to get involved and yet, the rumors were she had.

She took her time walking and noticed that electric currents of magic were hopping from the ground, they were causing flowers to bloom and grass to grow at an incredible rate. It took her no time at all to realize she had done this but still… to resurrect a whole village? That was madness… It was more than she was known to be capable of, at least the last time she had really used the most of her magic… That was a century ago.

Her eyes got large as she seen young people about the village, she sensed all of their wants and dreams. Most of them were elderly humans stuck in young bodies now! She had rejuvenated them without even trying. She couldn’t even tell them it was an accident. The moment they seen the goddess dressed in a peacock colored dress with gems in her hair, they flocked to her.

“We know your magic by now! Your aura is all over Jazel! You saved us. You gave us life! ALL HAIL THE MASTER ARTISAN!” It made her sick a bit to think she even regretted it. This was all taboo but she put on a smile. “Of course, anything to help.” She was nothing but motherly and loving, how could she deny these people. 

They brought her their children to bless and hold, children that had died to the plague with unimaginable pain. They looked as if nothing had happened. She healed their minds as she touched them. She apologized to them in ways that they would never understand. She had the power to help them all along and yet she had let them suffer. It weighed heavily on her mind but she also knew that perhaps the Voice had heard these doubts in her.

The area was aglow with her energy. Her magic was sparking everywhere. The buildings looked like nothing the continent had ever seen. It was literally grown images of what had been there. Holding the hands of some children she took a walk through the village looking at her handy work. Only a few noticed that the goddess was uneasy about everything, but they dare not ask why.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Raeguel

Character Info
Name: Raeguel
Race: Daywalker
Class: Radiant Knight
Silver: 836
Although he was no stranger to the abnormal happening in the lands, Raeguel had to admit that he was a bit stumped when Gwen had brought him news of a village in Bohar by the name of Jazel. A plague had swept through there and wiped out a good number of villagers. Death wasn’t new to him either, but a mass resurrection was. His eyes looked to his squire with confusion as he tried to piece the puzzle together as to how in the world that happened, but when she spoke of this “Master Artisan of Life” that the people were thanking, it made the puzzle much more harder to put together. Had the been a new deity in the works? He wasn’t sure, but something didn’t seem right with that answer. Angela had been a option, but it seemed far from her stead and power to do so.

So he’d figure that he would go there and look around, there was no harm in that. Unfortunately a third person caught wind of the tale and was adminate in going along- Lucian. Despite his concerns, Raeguel allowed for the young man to come with him. It would make for some good for him to get as much from the outside world as possible. It did little for him to understand it if he was cooped up in his home.

The two rode on to the plainlands, which took a good day's ride from Adeluna. The village itself wasn’t anything too special up until that point. All the while Raeguel kept thinking of what was going on and what had caused for an entire village to recover from such a horrific tragedy. Perhaps it was something good, but with his history of the unexpecting occurring, he seriously doubted it. Though he kept his thoughts to himself and away from his son for the time being.

They arrived and halted their horses as eyes looked on in wonder at the supposed luckstruck village. Had they never heard of the plague to begin with before coming here, they would have sworn that no such thing could have possible happened. Everyone was happy and content and were even hearing praisings for this artisan person. He beckoned for one of the men to come over and asked if their savior was here. He replied and pointed at into the direction of where she was. They rode off there and took in the sight of liveliness and vigor the townspeople had. It almost seemed unnatural. It wasn’t long before he caught sight of a familiar redhead and sighed to himself. “Of course”, he called out as he steadied his horse and trotted to her, Lucian following behind. “I suppose that I shouldn’t be surprised- been hearing word that you had healed the village from its damages. Though, the name itself is a bit of a mouthful, I’d admit.” He looked to see their son greet his mother with a warm smile and a wave before he jumped down. “Didn’t think you had all that power in you. But I guess the mystery ends here, no?”

He stopped for a second and noticed the look on her face.

Or was it over?   

The Daybreaker
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela was still in shock from it all. Really she had just been messing around with Dalanesca’s magic and hadn’t meant for it to shoot off into the world like this. She wouldn’t take it back, she hadn’t the heart but this was unnatural. Gods weren’t meant to intervene like this out of the blue. She felt her color draining a bit as she thought about it but the children around her made her smile as they put their hands on her belly and felt Rohan kicking.

She made them run off and play as soon as Raeguel showed up. Ecstatic to see her son out and about she hugged him and kissed his forehead. “The sun is good for you.” She ruffed his hair softly and looked at Raeguel. “I didn’t choose it. I started to hear rumors from the clergy… and then suddenly I’m being called that. I thought it was a joke at first.”

Angela appeared uncomfortable. “It’s not natural Raeguel.” She said it in a low whisper.  She looked from Lucian back to Raeguel and tried to look regal for a moment. “I didn’t mean to do it but when I blasted Dalanesca’s power up into the sky to fix what was happening.. I shot my magic with it. My magic dispersed into the sky once we shattered reality. My magic must have hit in various locations meaning Jazel might not be the only place effected.” She put her hand on her belly protective.

“Things are going to get a lot more busy now. Before all I had to deal with were people with fertility problems… but life? It’s going to bring a whole new group of people. There hasn’t been a life goddess for some time. Not in the past two hundred years at least.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
One of Dalanesca’s magisters had entered her chambers early in the morning with an important message.  The newest member of Revaliir’s Triune stared blankly at the young magister when he had entered, listening but not truly hearing the words that he spoke.  She was already aware of what was happening with Angela, as her ascension to Triune had given her a newfound tie to the elder Goddess.  

Dalanesca had, in the night, sensed a great tragedy in Bohar.  A plague had swept the land, taking nearly an entire village along with it.  It had awoken her, for the sudden onset of mass death had offset the balance of the mortal realm.  She had begun to prepare to travel to the source, but suddenly had felt the balance shift back to even.  After a moment of contemplation - she had seen in her mind that Angela had something to do with it, eventually realizing that the source of power from the Mother was changing.

She thanked the magister (choosing not to inform him of her prior knowledge, but choosing to acknowledge his job well done), and immediately rose from her bed and got dressed.  A few moments later, she had teleported herself to the plains of Bohar, to a small village called Jazel.   

It only took Dalanesca a few moments to find Angela, as the two were connected by means of Triune.  She knew that the magic she sensed most certainly came from Angela, but it seemed different somehow… and when she could visibly see Angela, she could not help but to smile at the visible change to her Triune sister’s aura.  “My, you are looking well,” she said knowingly, approaching her and the companion she was with - who Dalanesca did not know - from the back.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Lucian Rose

Character Info
Name: Lucian Rose
Alignment: LG
Class: Red Court Lord
Silver: 274
It wasn’t often when he ventured out into the world beyond his mother’s realm. If anything, Lucian was simply focused on getting stronger to care to leave his studies and his father’s training. While his sister was the outgoing type and mingled with others, he was more introverted, something he was sure he had picked up from their father at times. In order to get him out, their father allowed for him to accompany him for a few days and see what he did. Of course he was looking to study him more further as to find any kinks in his armor in an attempt to try and better him in the future. Still, the two hadn’t really interacted beyond that of practices and he wanted see how Raeguel interacted with the world, and not the entity that used to be the Shiran Father.

The day had went smoothly up until one of his father’s soldiers had made the situation of Jazel known to him and the young man had insisted in coming with him. After some time, he caved and the two were out on horseback for the village. While he had ridden before, Lucian had never rode for that long period of a time and by journey’s end, he was all tired out. They located the village and apparently the person responsible for the miracles- his mother.

Apparently his father had a good guess as to why she was here, but he himself was confused. This didn’t seem like it was her power alone, not to this magnitude at least. “I suppose”, he spoke as she embraced him, most likely loving that her child was finally outside instead of being cooped up. She also seemed…worried, more so than he had ever seen her as far as he could remember. Whatever had happened to her had to deal with this Dalanesca, whoever she was. He assumed another goddess or someone that she knew. He looked to his father and then held a seldom look of his own as he tried to come to terms with what she was telling them.

“Well, isn’t this a good thing then?”, he offered, scratching the back of his head. “This place suffered a great ordeal and now you fixed it.” He wished she wouldn’t be stressing out as she did, especially as he looked at her belly and was reminded of her pregnancy and his sibling inside. It wasn’t long after that another had joined the small group and he turned to see another woman, one that seemed to know her quite well. Then a thought entered his mind- was this Dalanesca?

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela took a moment to kiss Lucian’s forehead and hug him to her. She was still so protective of the twins, the DaeLuin portion of her had lost too much to even bare losing one of them. She ruffled his hair once more and looked between the father and son duo. “Good for them.” She replied to her son. “Resurrection is a finicky thing. Most people can’t do it right and end up half assing it creating creatures… like vampires, zombies, you name it… most of the undead started off as failed resurrections.”

She seen Lucian look at her belly and smiled at him. “Don’t worry about your mother, I may be worried but not enough to hurt Rohan.” Certainly that was the case… she hoped. “Bringing back a whole village and then some leaves a terrifying vision in front of me. If I had messed up we would have a lot more undead to deal with and probably not the sort that would like to be dealt with. Though it appears that in this instance everything went fine and then some.” She took a sigh of relief as Dalanesca came.

“So you felt it… I may have felt it as well but I had no clue what I had done. My heart is glad but my mind is worried. Many people will see this as a good omen, others will see it as that I’m on their side and can be reckless.” Taking a moment to break she felt Rohan kick up a storm and for a moment his song came out loud and clear.

“You like to be heard don’t you?” She rubbed her belly as the magic faded and the music left. He was going to be a bard, she just knew it. “Your God child is a pain in our rears anymore. If he’s not singing he is kicking and making me miserable. The only person he listens to is Drae.” She chuckled a bit. “Sometimes Iva.”

She looked to Raeguel and smiled. “Thank you for bringing him. It means a lot to me to see him out and about. Oh!” She motioned her hands to the pair. “This is one of my twins Lucian and his father Raeguel. This is our new Triune member Dalanesca.” Moving she took Lucian’s hand and put it where he could feel his brother. “When you were in my womb, we had no idea you were there. Nerezza was stealing the show and I remember having to have a magic spell put on so she couldn’t use her magic anymore. When that happened I could feel you both. Your father wasn’t so pleased at the time.” She laughed and joked at Raeguel. “But he does love you both.” 

Angela's 3 God Rules
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Dalanesca nodded at Angela, curiosity clearly visible in her eyes.  “Indeed, I did feel it,” she said, in answer to her Triune sister’s statement.  “I felt unbalance in the world, and I woke to find a way to restore order,” she said.  “But then, suddenly, it was as if it had not happened in the first place.”  She frowned slightly at Angela’s next statement.  “Recklessness in not something I am entirely fond of, to be quite frank,” she said, a subtle tone of annoyance in her voice.  “Upsets the balance of things, it does, and I hate having to repair misgivings from those who are merely careless,” she said.  “Though, of course, that is not any fault of yours,” she added, smiling warmly at Angela.  

She raised an eyebrow as she could hear music coming from Angela’s womb.  The assumption overwhelmed her that it was Angela’s unborn son, though the bardic magic was not something she had experienced from anything in utero. It seemed, by Angela’s reaction to the fetus’s music, that it was not the first time it had happened.  “Sounds like he’s going to be quite talented,” she said, with a smile at Angela, her eyes resting on the goddess’s stomach.  “I suppose he’ll listen to me, once he’s been brought into this world,” she said, with a smirk.  “Though I promise I’ll be a much better influence than I bet Iva is,” she said, quirking a brow.

When Angela introduced Dalanesca to both Lucian and Raegul, she bowed her head respectfully to each of them.  “It’s a pleasure to make both of your acquaintances,” she said, formally.  She felt, for a moment, that no matter how many she was introduced to, Angela’s family seemed never ending.  The Rosenite courts seemed to be stretched far out into the corners of Revaliir, and they seemed to keep coming out of the woodwork.  She chuckled in her mind - after all, Angela, until recently, had held reign over fertility specifically - it would make sense for her to have innumerable offspring.  

She turned back to Angela.  “Perhaps, when you are done with your family, we can discuss what may have caused this change?” she asked the goddess, hopeful that she would be willing to meet with her.  “If there is something powerful enough to completely change the domain in which a Triune reigns, we must discover what it is,” she said, the worry apparent in her voice.  “It could be nothing, but it could be something that we may want to pay attention to,” she added, awaiting Angela’s response.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!