Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Emergence (Open, R?)
Icarus

Character Info
Name: Icarus Valeon
Alignment: TG
Race: Resurrected Human
Class: Saint of Hope
Silver: 471
Icarus listened as Keira explained how she had traversed the land seeking him out.  It came as a shock the moment she kissed him.  He hadn't realized the concept of his possible death had weighed so heavily on her.  He should have been much more responsible in his previous life rather than running to challenge anything that came in his way and should never have gone to face the progenitor of all demons alone.  It was simply natural for him as he had always been alone since everyone he loved was taken from him.

To him, it was better to sacrifice the possibility of happiness to ensure others could live without the fear of death coming for them at any time.  Icarus cast all doubt aside for his actions as he realized that he had done what he could for everyone, Keira included and though she had been his second in command, he had done little to keep her as close as she wished.  That much, he could correct for a time.

The shadows had forgotten him, his power over the realm of darkness and the Void were severed, but some magic still lingered in him.  He knew how she felt the need for her sister and he knew how it felt for the longing of one's sibling.  Icarus had often gazed up at the stars wondering if Rygar were enjoying the afterlife and hated him for leaving him behind.  Truly, he never could hate him, but the way his brother threw his life away so quickly using forbidden magic had always bothered him.  In the end, he had transfigured them both, bringing the wounds of the arrows that struck Icarus onto his own body and sealing his own fate while Icarus lived.  

In the end, his death had resulted in Icarus being able to save many others, but there were times he still felt the scales were left uneven and the selfless sacrifice had been something Icarus chased after far too much.  He supposed at times if he had died while protecting others, it would be a death worth having.  With Keira's actions, he found death was far too selfish a course, even if it had been in the defense of others.

"I… I won't put you through that fear again.  Wherever I am, you will always be able to find me," he said as he placed a single use recall spell on her, binding the two of them.  He coughed from the effort as he used mana from his own source for the first time in a while and his only recently recovered body suffered light strain to place a permanent use in the control of another.

"This will bring you to me whenever you wish.  Just think of my face and say my name into the mark and you will be brought to me or vice versa if that is your wish, no matter where I am or where you are.  But be forewarned, it shall only work once," he explained, closing her palm around the light which inscribed his name on her wrist.

He listened as she explained her intent to provide him with a means of navigation as well as instructions to find her aunt.  If Angela had remained a deity, he could certainly count on the familial ties to vouch for his asking her assistance.  At the bare minimum, she could likely provide him with more information concerning the land and perhaps some of the history of recent events since his death.  He took her and hugged her once, tightly.

"I've already accepted so much of your help, but this last thing, I'll accept and find work until my full strength has returned.  Then, I'll find your aunt.  Stay alive until then and we'll find out more about who survived, if anyone of the Order," he explained, smiling despite feeling drained emotionally and physically.

Keira

Character Info
Name: Keira
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan/Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 1187
When he did not push her away she felt a relief. There was part of her that wondered if he still had feeling for Aaryona not that he could remember who she was at the moment. She offered him a smile towards his words. Her intimidate reaction to his cough was to wrap her arm around him and hold him up if he needed it. “Thank you. Those words alone mean a lot to me Icarus.”  She nodded once more and gave him a smile as he closed her palm.

Once he hugged her it took her a moment to hug him back. Her green eyes escaped up to him as she offered him a weary smile. The tasks they were going to set out to do would most likely make it so they were separated for a while. “Never say it will be the last time I will help you.” She gave him a smile once more and laughed. “I will always be there to help you even when times get rough. Hell even when the world falls apart. I'll find you and I'll help you.” She was devoted on a level maybe Aaryona never had been. Aaryona and Keira were on different levels and had different things they had to do in life. “After I've found Ynnarah I will find you. We can stay together after that but for now my sister comes first after we have you set up.”

She looked into his eyes and shook her head. “You are not ready to be up just yet. Don't fight me with this.” She joked with him lightly as she hugged him and brought him over to a pile of hay in the room. Not the best sleeping spot but a place for him to rest. “Rest for now and then get stronger.” She moved her fingers around and stroked his hay. “Sleep please or just stay down.” Keira sat by him and pulled her cloak over covering him up. Bending down she kissed him again. “Stay with me and don't be the stupid hero. Be the smart one who realizes he has allies and a woman who wants him to come home. Cause it would break the woman's heart if he didn't.”

OOC: Brittlez
Icarus

Character Info
Although he didn't want to, he found himself leaning on Keira as she sought to brace him.  His reliance on others now disgusted him.  He felt he was a failure and the potentially millions of souls lost in their previous home were a reminder of it.  Icarus had survived encounters with mortals, demons, and gods alike only to fail when he was needed most, to the detriment of all.  Only he could kill Obelisk or at the very minimum, banish it from the realm.  

Now, he was no more than an infant within the body of a man.  The slightest exertion threatened to cripple him for hours on end, but he would persevere.  It was all he had.  The will to force himself on when he couldn't.  It was a trait few others possessed and while the mental state of failure and fear of death haunted others, it was his fear of surviving with his shame that plagued him.

No one could be saved when it came to his efforts.  All he could manage was to slow the progression of a violent death, to say to the angel of death that it was not someone's time, only to lose them later by similar means.  Rygar, Sahmbo, Hellmarx, Lucia, even Riva and Zanir had all died horrible deaths he hadn't been strong enough to prevent.  Rygar died for him, Sahmbo had his soul torn from his body, Hellmarx died guarding Icarus' son Uriel, Lucia committed suicide after his first death, Riva died defending Peaceguard, and Zanir, the strongest man of Nataki, had died slaying one of the three Devil Gods, banishing it back to Hell for millenia. 

If he was not forbidden to die, he would have ended his pain long ago.  He knew, however, none of them would smile when they saw him on the other side when they learned of his selfish act.  Others would suffer, too, Keira among them, perhaps even chief among them.  He remained quiet as she explained her devotion to him.  He could appreciate it, but could not reciprocate it because he would inevitably fail and he would be left alone once more. 

It was selfish of him, but if denying her his open affection could keep her alive, he would do so.  It was the burden the hero had to bear.  At least, that was what he told himself in his journal long ago.  She deserved better, although he would always remain to guard her by some means or another.  The seal on her wrist was one for comfort and one that could save her once when the time came and she was faced with an inescapable fate.  She didn't realize that it was far more than a simple recall spell.  

The part of the magic that took the most out of him was that it was reusable as often as she wished, the magic only fading when one or another died.  He wanted her to understand, however, that it was a marking that held great value and should be of the utmost importance to be used only when in mortal danger.  As his magic recovered over time, hopefully, he would add more to it, effectively creating an elaborate tattoo with various wards and protection magics about it.  Whether he would return to full strength, however, remained to be seen.  The fact Icarus managed to perform this feat was a miracle in and of itself.

The hay was uncomfortable if his intention had been to sleep.  Fortunately, though, he had more than enough sleep and more than anything, he required meditation to center himself and focus his body's functions toward recovery.  Doing the math, he estimated he should be capable of moving on his own by the next day and performing labor within three.  After that, it was only a matter of acquiring the money to purchase the supplies he required to set off on his own.

"I'll be fine, just going to take some time.  Don't worry, I won't go dying on you, tried twice so far and I've no intention for a third suicide mission," he said, closing his eyes and steadying his breathing to begin meditating as his master taught him.

Keira

Character Info
For a long time Keira stared at him and she sighed a bit. “Good, if you do I'll find someone to bring you back and I'll kill you myself. That's a bloody promise.” There was a little attitude in the halflings voice as she chuckled. She took out her journal and tore a page out. Getting her bag she found her quill and set on making him a map of the area she knew.

For Keira it was easy to remember every single detail down to the smallest thing. She could fold her memory like a calendar and remember each day down to the first time she had a memory. It did not matter if someone asked her about something eight years ago. It made her an asset to the order and she was glad to be of some sort of use. Her journal was more so for her fellow scholars.

While he mediated she worked. It was painstaking as she did not take a break even when food was brought to them. She stopped only to stretched her hand and fingers before going back detailing everything she had seen on the paper. From Sularia down to where they were. This was his map to success. This was his map to everything so far. She even went as far as to label the things she knew the names of.

When he was done mediating she lifted the paper up to him and bit into a piece of bread. Swallowing the loaf she sighed a bit. “Boss do not lose this. It will help you out I promise. Look for rose covered arches to see Aunt Angela. I found one in Sularia but she told me there are tons of them all over Revaliir. Revaliir has two continent from what I'm told. We're on Canelux, the other is Pravpora.” The blonde moved some of her blonde curls behind her ear before closing her journal and putting her supplies away. “You should be fine now. We should talk about getting you work before I leave though.”

Icarus

Character Info
The meditation Icarus had placed himself in left him in a trance-like state.  He knew all that was happening around him, using his senses aside from his eyesight to place everything and essentially watch from a third eye of sorts.  He felt his strength returning all the while Keira continued to sketch the map she intended to provide him, seemingly going into exhaustive detail.  It took him hours, but eventually, he was able to stand on his own feet again.

Upon the presentation of the map, Icarus noticed it indeed was at a level of detail one could usually spend a fortune on to have drawn by a cartographer.  If she hadn't been in the Order, Icarus had a feeling Keira would have done amazingly well as a scholar.  Instead, her keen intellect had served well as his eyes and ears when he was busy roaming the countryside fighting wars that eventually amounted to nothing but a body count.

He had enough blood on his hands to fill a well a mile deep.  Icarus didn't like the reality of it, but fortunately, he didn't remember most of it, just fragments of the more traumatic moments.  Keira mentioned helping him find work.  He had every intention to do so on his own and her going out of the way to do something for him again only made him feel bad.  Her instructions pertaining to the map and finding Angela were imprinted on his mind the moment she said it.

He now had objectives.  These were the sort of things that gave rise to his ambition.  This time, there would be no operating from the shadows.  When he eventually returned to power, he would take what he required by force and ensure the world could repel such a threat.  It was the chaos that plagued Dae Luin that had led to its downfall.  The seeds of discord had grown into the total fruition of absolute destruction.

"Thank you.  I will find her.  You, on the other hand, owe me nothing.  I will have to rest another day or so and then I'll be capable of manual labor, probably working a field here in the village for at least a few days until I can acquire the money to set off on my own.  Do you have any ideas on your missing family?  I can join you later if you wish," he offered, focusing on the needs of his companion.

In his mind, the needs of those he held dear would always supercede his own requirements.  He would part seas and cleave mountains in the pursuit of aiding those he cared for.  He had done it before in a literal sense when he flooded a crater more than a thousand miles in diameter, the result of which became known as the Sea of Ghosts due to the massive loss of life there and the haunted currents it brought with it.

Keira

Character Info
Despite how he thought Keira did not want him feeling bad for him helping her. “I may not owe you anything but I do have feelings for you.” She said it bluntly. “Doing things for you are gifts from me to you. I do them because I wish.” She sighed a bit and wondered if she could ever get that through his head. Once her mind was on her family though she gave him a shrug.

“Mother is strong and Dad well he is strong to put up with Mom so I'm sure they are alright. It is just a matter of finding everyone. I'm sure once Mom has her grounds she will take everyone to Sularia. It's the safest place for Rosenites in Revaliir. I should go and meet with them at some point but only once I know they are there. I don't want to track hell and back only to find out they aren't there yet.” She rubbed her neck a bit and gave him another smile.

“You are always welcomed by my side Icarus. Always remember that. Even if the rest of the world was to be against you I would stand with you. It would be mean lying to myself to say it was any different. I am loyal to you and my crown that is all.” She pushed herself off the ground and got him a few pieces of food. “Here eat. You need nourishment before you even think about doing anything else. Don't look at what I do for you as a burden please. I love you Icarus. If it is anything watching my parents has taught me it's that even in life's shit moments love will help you out. Trust me my mother is crazy and my father always sees her through the end. It's hard but they do it.”

She picked up her bag and looked towards him once he had his food. "I don't know the lands where I'm going and part of me is scared. You'll be alright here won't you?" She was looking for something to reassure her but she had no idea what the man in front of her would say next. She laughed a bit and shook her head, "Who am I kidding of course you will be."