Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Healing Grounds [Event][R/P]
Greysia

Character Info
Name: Greysia Ironheart
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mage Student
Silver: 0
Greysia shook her hand as she had the magic backfire on her. "Or maybe we are going about it all wrong." There was disappointment in her face but she gave Hiro a smile. "I'll try harder. Who knows maybe it is emotional but until the block is gone I'll never truly understand my magical ability."

A shiver went down her spine as she thought about being burned alive by her own magic. She had seen it happen and the screams were embedded into her memory just like the smell of burning flesh was. "It was scary just witnessing it in class the one time. I still can smell her skin. Is it weird? Is it normal? Are all of us that are burdened by magical blocks doomed for the same thing."

There was another shiver as she stopped shaking her hand and she finally calmed herself down. "Let's get going since we need to quest for things!" She took his arm and smiled. "Come on!" She pulled on him slightly. "We could learn more things that way anyways."

OOC: The Lovable Admin Brittlez!
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro frowned slightly, she looked disappointed that she hadn't gotten the knack of it yet.  "We'll get you there eventually.  We just need to find an approach that works.  Don't worry."  He was confident she would be able to do it.  They just had some hurdles to clear to reach it.

She then recalled seeing a classmate burning alive by her own magical flames.  She seemed scarred by the experience.  It was something he hadn't thought of.  "You know, I've killed people before.  Bad people.  Monsters.  Things that shouldn't be alive, like abominations.  There was a plant monster once, it tried to poison me and my friends.  I burned it to death.  I've burned many things, people, orcs.  It was always to protect people or myself.  I wouldn't kill for fun or pleasure, I don't like having to kill, but it's the path of the warrior I took.  But the first time I burned something, I remember smelling a sickening odor.  It made me sick to my stomach.  But since then, I haven't really felt that since.  That was a long time ago.  If I remember right, it was myself.  I burned myself."  He looked at his hands and sparked a flame in them.  The flames burned and danced in the palm of his hand, but there wasn't the smell of burning flesh, just the smoky smell of combustion.  "But I don't smell it much any more.  Even when I kill someone, someone who's bad.  Like an orc who's coming after me with an axe in his hand ready to chop me down.  I can burn him to death, but not get bothered by the smell, I may be immunized or used to that thing.  I try to make it a swift death, that's all I can do.  Even my enemies, I don't want to see a person suffer in death, like just set them on fire and watch them burn.  I don't suppose you've killed anyone before, right?  You've fought, you learned swordplay, you've learned magic, but have you ever used either against someone with 'killing intent?'  You get scared, you feel afraid, your body shakes, the blood on your hands.  You have to be strong, but I'm afraid it could take away some of your humanity.  The ability to kill, it's heavy."  He waved out the fire in his hand, extinguishing it.  "I'm not sure if that's relevant, or something you've gone through.  Or if that even helps you.  Those who cannot stand the sight of blood, or death, better avoid combat, and better avoid healing professions too.  Even helping people who are injured, you're still surrounded by death and blood. 

"Anyway, Greysia, you have to be strong.  It's scary to face danger, to face death, to see someone die, but you have to have the courage to continue, and not give up."  He seemed slightly distracted until she suddenly took his arm and took off with him.  "Ah, hah, right, okay!"